Alternative Reviews Vol 1

You're on Page 10 of 29
Go to
  • Well maybe I'll just have to order it and report back. I miss ice cream!
  • I've read through a few pages and now I am really overwhelmed. I purchased Ideal Protein diet packs from a friend (not a coach) and it's enough for 11 days. The thing is I would like to continue with the IP foods but is there a place that we can order them from on our own?

And if so, have your purchased from this place?

Was it the real thing?

Take a long time to get in?

Thanks in advance for the help. I'm just starting and on day 4 and I want to order more food before I run out.
  • Quote: I've read through a few pages and now I am really overwhelmed. I purchased Ideal Protein diet packs from a friend (not a coach) and it's enough for 11 days. The thing is I would like to continue with the IP foods but is there a place that we can order them from on our own?

Was it the real thing?

Thanks in advance for the help. I'm just starting and on day 4 and I want to order more food before I run out.
    If you want to order ACTUAL Ideal Protein products, many of us order from www.plainprotein.com - these are real IP products, I ordered my supplements from them for the entire time I was on Phase 1. The prices are good, shipping to the US is free via USPS, and I always got my orders very quickly.
  • Quote: I've never tried it, but it looks like in a single serving (1/2 cup) it meets the requirements as a restricted item. It's sweetened with Stevia too!
    Mmmmm...I might have to try this ice cream! Do you order it online and if you do, how do they keep it from melting?
  • Quote: Mmmmm...I might have to try this ice cream! Do you order it online and if you do, how do they keep it from melting?
    It sounds like it ships as a powder:

Q. How do you make FitFreeze?

A. Simply combine 5 ounces of water in a blender with the powder from the FitFreeze container and mix well. Add ¼ – ½ cup crushed ice and blend for an additional minute. Pour the mixture back into the FitFreeze container (or popsicle molds) and freeze. Let thaw until desired ice cream texture and enjoy!
  • Quote: I just ordered some other items, so I am looking forward to trying those. I will post after I try them:

HealthSmart Peaches and Cream oatmeal
    HealthSmart hot chocolate
    HealthSmart Oatmeal raisin cookie
    Proti-thin soy snacks: chocolate and pb caramel
    Proti-thin sweet roll mix
    Syntrax nectar: I ordered 4 diff sample scoops to try: chocolate mint, vanilla torte, caribbean cooler and twisted cherry

Thank you to all for your recommendations and reviews!
    Did your syntrax nectar samples from nasha come in a package of 4 servings even though it is described as 1 serving?

I just got mine that way and either I got lucky or it's actually cheaper to order sample packets at $1.95/4 servings for a total of 50 cents rather than the jug at close to a dollar a serving which was odd to me.
  • Quote: Did your syntrax nectar samples from nasha come in a package of 4 servings even though it is described as 1 serving?

I just got mine that way and either I got lucky or it's actually cheaper to order sample packets at $1.95/4 servings for a total of 50 cents rather than the jug at close to a dollar a serving which was odd to me.
    The syntrax nectars were created for patients who had weight loss surgery - so the 1/4 packet serving is meant for those people - for our purposes, you use the WHOLE packet - it's 100 calories total.
  • Quote: The syntrax nectars were created for patients who had weight loss surgery - so the 1/4 packet serving is meant for those people - for our purposes, you use the WHOLE packet - it's 100 calories total.
    Thanks, Scorbett, I have not received these yet, so that is good to know!
  • Thanks Scorbett, good to know. I just assumed it was 4 scoops worth quickly looking at the serving size
  • Quote: Thanks Scorbett, good to know. I just assumed it was 4 scoops worth quickly looking at the serving size
    You got it!
  • Syntrax Matrix orange cream protein drink is awesome! Mix it up with 12oz water and 1/4 tsp xanthan to thicken it up a little...squeeze in a tiny bit of Kool-ade orange drink mix in the squeezie bottle... Tastes just like a creamsicle. Put it in the blender with ice, or mix it up and put it in the freezer until it's a slushy. Yum!

I love almost all the Syntrax Nectar fruit flavors, along with the vanilla bean torte and the chocolate truffle, and the Matrix orange cream and strawberry cream.
  • Do you use the syntrax nectar in place of an IP packet? I wasn't sure if it could be used that way since the protein is so much higher and 0 carbs.
  • Quote: Do you use the syntrax nectar in place of an IP packet? I wasn't sure if it could be used that way since the protein is so much higher and 0 carbs.
    Yes, I use it in place of an IP packet. I'm diabetic, so having one 0 carb protein pack a day is good for me. You wouldn't want only 3 of these a day, that's for sure. But I usually have mine for my mid-afternoon snack mixed with ice and a little xanthan for something a little thicker.
  • Anyone tried HealthSmart protein yogurt?
    After reading through here, I decided to order the protein ice cream and then I noticed the yogurt on Nashua. Here are the stats:

Nutritional Facts - Strawberry Flavor
    Serving Size: 1 Container Servings Per Container: 1
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories 90 Calories from Fat 0
    Total Fat 0g
    Saturated Fat 0g
    Cholesterol 0mg
    Sodium 35mg
    Potassium 16mg
    Total Carbohydrate 8g
    Dietary Fiber 2g
    Sugars 0g
    Protein 15g
    Iron 0% (2,000 Calorie Diet)
    Vitamin A 0% (2,000 Calorie Diet)
    Vitamin C 0% (2,000 Calorie Diet)
    Calcium 0% (2,000 Calorie Diet)
    I n g r e d i e n t s
    Deionized Water, Cultured Milk Protein, Actinase (patent pending blend of enzymatically hydrolyzed collagenic protein isolate, whey protein isolate (milk) and casein protein isolate (milk), modified corn starch, malic acid, gelatin, natural flavors, sucralose, FD&C colors

Looks good. Comes in strawberry and peach flavors. One review only, but it's positive.
  • Quote: I've read through a few pages and now I am really overwhelmed. I purchased Ideal Protein diet packs from a friend (not a coach) and it's enough for 11 days. The thing is I would like to continue with the IP foods but is there a place that we can order them from on our own?

Was it the real thing?

I have order twice now from www.plainprotein.com I have had really good experiences both times. They ship super fast. use coupon code march to get 10% off of $165.00 or more and you can get free shipping. I was worried the free shipping would be slow but it was super fast.