3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Maintainers Vol 8 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/266653-maintainers-vol-8-a.html)

Ishbel 10-12-2012 10:42 AM

I don't think I'll get out of 'comments' at work for a while yet. I work in an atmosphere that although comments on weight aren't SUPPOSE to happen...they do as it's part of their job to be fit. Also, my job allows me to move around my place of work and people have to be comfortable coming to me with stuff. SO as a result, many people think they are my friend and to keep an open door policy I have to keep the smile on my face. SO, I suspect that I will get the comments until it all settles, already only the people who knew me before make the comments...there's nothing strange to me about the new people. It's annoying and disheartening sometimes but the ones that TRUELY step over the line do get a talking too. I always have my regular cheerleaders off line who help me vent....and you guys! :)

delgen I do try to keep it to real food but there are times that I resort to an IP packet when I am scrambling to plan or having issues with not being in control of my cooking. Ie, if I go to visit a friend at night, I don't have my usual fruit and greek yogurt I will take an IP bar or shake as I found that I need my evening protein. Don't feel guilty for using IP products to get you thru a rough patch :hug:

cap nope, I've looked online at wedding dresses but not in a store yet, I've organized a weekend with my sisters and my mom for the 17 Nov...hopefully then. I'm debating on buying one online after trying some on in the store....we'll see if I fall in love with one that I put on though. tee hee

I cannot believe the drama that occurs with a wedding!!! WOWZA even in my thirties I still have 'friends' that are disappointed for not being asked to be in the bridal party...(I asked my two sisters)...I wanna say "really?" ...ugh!

mooselover 10-12-2012 10:51 AM

I was away from home for 2 weeks and when I got home a few days ago my husband told me I was "fitting into my weight loss." I noticed it too. My body is reshaping still. My skin isn't as saggy and I am filling out. I read somewhere that it takes a year after dramatic weight loss for your extra skin to absorb into yourself. I made an appointment for a consultation for a tummy tuck and breast lift in November. My cousin had it done a few years ago after her weight loss and she looks amazing. I am going to see her same surgeon in Las Vegas. I have family there who can help me for a few weeks till I can fly back home. I am planning on having the surgery in February. I am excited and nervous at the same time.

infoplease 10-12-2012 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delgen (Post 4495527)
My mom broke her hip earlier in the week, and had surgery to repair it. I drove from Billings to Missoula yesterday to see her, which is a 5 hour drive. Thankfully she is doing pretty well, but is more confused than normal. She kept wanting to get out of bed.

It is so much harder to stay on p4 than p1 when i travel? I brought my own food, but my schedule is off, and I am exhausted. Even as I write this it is 4 a.m., and I can't sleep.
I thinki will go back on p1 when I get back home on Sunday.:hug:

I hope your mom heals soon. The anesthesia contributes to the confusion in my experience. There is also a tendency to unintentionally overmedicate older folks -- they tend to not properly dose down the medicine that some can't properly metabolize as we age.

I understand completely about being "off schedule" in P4, even under the best of circumstances. I have no solution yet to the going to sleep at 2am wanting to sleep until 10am cycle.

jennydoodle 10-12-2012 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by healthyangie (Post 4495764)
If you go back on P1 will you then go through P2, P3, etc? I was just wondering if we can keep ourselves in check using P1 for a week or so but do we have to spend 3 weeks going through the other phases also?

It kind of depends on how long you are going to spend on P1. Through out maintenance, I have done up to 5 days on P1 without re-phasing out. I typically follow the P3 format during the weekdays and P4 on the weekends, so if I had a particularly big free day or weekend or week, I would do P1 for 5 days and get right back to goal, then went to P3 and continued on with maintenance.

Well now, I am in a reboot since I did not really stick to above said plan this summer, so I am finishing up my 3rd week of P1 and will do probably about 3 more. Therefore, I WILL go through the phases again because I will be on P1 for an extended period of time.

jennydoodle 10-12-2012 01:50 PM

Tomorrow is my 3rd WI for my reboot and I am a little nervous and anxious. As of Wed. the scale hadn't budged, but I feel smaller all over and my clothes feel good, so I have no idea what the scale is going to say in the morning.

I feel so much better now that I am back to being very close to my goal. What a relief. I would like to get a little under goal going into the holiday season, which is why I am committing to a few more weeks on the reboot.

Ishbel 10-12-2012 05:14 PM

WOW - lotsa new threads!!!

So I just got back from the doctor to get my 'maintenance' blood results...officially I'm not pre-diabetic (which I knew but now it's official) and my cholesterol is 'perfect'.

I just about cried...I waited for a few months into maintenance as I knew my blood sugar would be 'ok' just after Phase 1....so I wanted it to be a fair measurement with the way I'm eating.

I was told once that I couldn't get life insurance due to my weight and pre-diabetes....that was only ONE of the factors in deciding to start IP

Wish I could tell my dad! <sigh>

I'm going to celebrate by going to the gym for a run :D

LizRR 10-12-2012 10:24 PM

Hey all...I have been crazy busy lately, trying to keep up, mostly lurking...wowza there are a LOT of new threads! I have been doing my best to keep up on fat secret and log my weight, food, & exercise & have been maintaining between 141-143, I admit my exercise has been lagging A Lot lately. I am thinking I may need to move running in the mornings to fit it all in without taking time from my son.

I am just sooooo happy it's the weekend! Have a great one everyone!

patns 10-12-2012 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ishbel (Post 4495800)
I cannot believe the drama that occurs with a wedding!!! WOWZA even in my thirties I still have 'friends' that are disappointed for not being asked to be in the bridal party...(I asked my two sisters)...I wanna say "really?" ...ugh!

Man, I would have though that the easiest way out of that type of "drama"
would be to have your sisters be your bridal party.
It would be very hurtful to them if you asked someone else.
Pat

capricious 10-13-2012 12:07 AM

Happy Weekend everyone!
I've been staying up too late and need to start going to bed earlier to try and take advantage of the wonderful stress fighting hormones that we produce between 10-1am. But I seem to keep catching 'second winds' around 9... love having that little bit of alone time after the kids go to bed but I think I'm going to have to suck it up and hit the sack before the second wind hits.

Maile 10-13-2012 08:30 AM

Cap: I hear you on the alone time. When my husband is on the tractor on the weekends, I don't mind the alone time either. However, I am sure that you need your sleep. That was interesting about the registry and married, educated women. I sent in my info, now they are deciding if I qualify. This has been a two month process. They are not efficient..and seem swamped with applications. However, once you get in, everything is online.

Infoplease: The registry interests me also..but it sure is not easy getting in!
I like the endorphins from medium cardio also. How is your belly flattening going?

Ishbel: You sound strong and are doing a great job in your work environment. That is so interesting that the new people see you as normal..while the old people are the ones who feel threatened by your loss and feel compelled to comment on it.
I think it is exciting that you are going shopping for a dress in November. Your family is the most important thing..hopefully your friends will settle down.
That is wonderful news about your lab results!!!!

Jenny: I hope your WI goes well. Your reboot is working. You must be so much happier being close to goal!

Mooselover: Good luck on your surgery!!! I would love a tummy tuck, but will hit my face first.

Lizr: great job of maintaining within your range. It is dark in the mornings and I dread the time change..which will make it darker.

patns: hope school is going well for you.

Delgen: I also used to take IP packets when I traveled. Hope your mom is doing ok.

Healthyangle: I eat similarly to Jenny..lots of Phase 3..if I go up I do Phase 1 and then back to Phase 3.

jennydoodle 10-13-2012 08:31 AM

Good morning! The scale finally made a movement and I am officially declaring myself back at goal. I am going to commit to 3 more weeks at P1 and lose a few more pounds.

Maile 10-13-2012 08:32 AM

Way to go Jenny. WooHoo! You did it.

LizRR 10-13-2012 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jennydoodle (Post 4496677)
Good morning! The scale finally made a movement and I am officially declaring myself back at goal. I am going to commit to 3 more weeks at P1 and lose a few more pounds.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maile (Post 4496681)
Way to go Jenny. WooHoo! You did it.

I second Mailie!!! Congratulations Jenny!

I just finished my physical for my term life insurance policy, I qualified for the best rate! I had put it off after I had my son so I could 'drop the baby weight'....2 years 3 months later it's gone. I feel so much more relief for my family getting that policy in place finally.

Well...off for 'family time' at the gym! Have a great weekend, I started mine off right with ricotta pancakes topped with 'ice cream' (blended frozen bananas), finishing off my coffee, what a great start!

Momto2cs 10-13-2012 10:16 AM

Morning all
More snow here this morning! Brrrr. Must get up and bundle up for spin class.
We have lots of running around today-gymnastics, hockey game and a fun party with friends from out of town. I will bring a low carb appetizer (probably asparagus wrapped with prosciutto and grilled).

Fun fun! Have a great weekend all!

mooselover 10-13-2012 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jennydoodle (Post 4496677)

Good for you!!! I keep thinking I want to lose a few more pounds, but can't quite get myself into Phase 1 mode yet. I just want a 5 pound grace under my goal, not above it LOL.