3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   What I Have Learned from my IP 3FC Friends (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/266637-what-i-have-learned-my-ip-3fc-friends.html)

maddiefoofoo 09-21-2012 11:10 AM

What I Have Learned from my IP 3FC Friends

I often find myself saying "I learned that Lesson from xxxxx" and "I should have remembered xxxx's advice." So - I am going to start capturing those great lessons here - because you are all such inspirations. I hope everyone shares.

rainbowsmiles 09-21-2012 11:13 AM

lesson from wuv....JUST DO WHATS ON THE SHEET!!!! :rofl:

lesson from danafromaustin: BELIEVE IN YOURSELF!!!

lesson from Ishbel "If I go back to what I was, I will be what I was. I don't want to be what I was, I want to be what I am."

lesson from momhottie...I AM WORTH IT!!!

lesson from molly (wingnutandme)...if i quit, she will hunt me down!!!

wuv2bloved 09-21-2012 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles (Post 4475496)
lesson from wuv....JUST DO WHATS ON THE SHEET!!!! :rofl:

LMAO.....yup!!!...follow it....it works!

maddiefoofoo 09-21-2012 11:15 AM

What I learned from LizRR

Liz taught me a great lesson. Before, I would have said you needed to be 100 pounds (model waif like) to be a size 2 when you are 5foot 6inches tall. Liz is a size 2 at 145 pounds! And looks stunning.

Don't rely on WEIGHT numbers - while they are a metric, everything else plays a much bigger role. And, models don't have anything on us! We can be a size 2 if we want, and enjoy food much more!

Thanks Liz.

LizRR 09-21-2012 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maddiefoofoo (Post 4475503)
Liz taught me a great lesson. Before, I would have said you needed to be 100 pounds (model waif like) to be a size 2 when you are 5foot 6inches tall. Liz is a size 2 at 145 pounds! And looks stunning.

Don't rely on WEIGHT numbers - while they are a metric, everything else plays a much bigger role. And, models don't have anything on us! We can be a size 2 if we want, and enjoy food much more!

Thanks Liz.

Ahhhhh...{tear}…

Momto2cs: dont exercise expecting weight loss, exercise for fitness. Dont be surprised when your losses stall after working out.

KitKat169 09-21-2012 09:58 PM

Great thread but in danger of page 2. Already!

Advice from everyone: water, water, water and always know where the closest bathroom is.

IP43 09-21-2012 10:37 PM

I've learned to "pull on my big girl panties" and stop whining or you get some "tough wuv" ;) (Note...not that it was ME whining... hee hee)

Fishette 09-21-2012 10:50 PM

Just say, "No, thanks, I'm trying to quit ____ (fill in the blank with whatever the nice person is trying to get you to eat)."

wuv2bloved 09-21-2012 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IP43 (Post 4476179)
I've learned to "pull on my big girl panties" and stop whining or you get some "tough wuv" ;) (Note...not that it was ME whining... hee hee)

HAHAHAHA

WingnutandMe 09-22-2012 12:06 AM

Quote:

lesson from molly (wingnutandme)...if i quit, she will hunt me down!!!

rainbow and greeniris will hunt me down if I quit.

IP peeps are as nice in person as they are online (enjoyed dinner and conversation with greeniris a few months ago)

Lizzr has turned out to be almost the chef that rainbow is (can't wait for phase 3 breakfasts)

Molly

starsandrockets 09-22-2012 12:26 AM

I've been lurking here for the past week and I've already learned a lot from many of the posts. Certainly more than I'm learning from my weight loss coach!

DanafromAustin 09-22-2012 12:51 AM

Lesson from Ishbel: Enjoy my vacation, but as soon as those airplane wheels touch down in Austin I'm back to phase 1.

Lesson from Rainbow: Anything is possible, just do it with love, grace, style and support. Also that you can truly be creative in the kitchen with just about any IP food packet.

Lesson from Capecodmomma: Never take these scales too seriously.

Lesson from all of those who have been on 3FC IP board over the many months I have been here: That people on message boards really can be loving, respectful and truly supportive of each other.

greeniris 09-22-2012 08:28 AM

Oh wow...where to start? I can't recall who said what first, but these are some of the things I learned...drink a glass of water when you feel hungry;
what to look for on labels when looking into alternatives; using packets to make something else; what to do with some of the weird veggies I'm eating (& enjoying!) now; not to panic when the scale doesn't cooperate; how important it is to stay 100% OP.
and from Dana - the correct way to do boot camp

rcrochet 09-22-2012 08:42 AM

woweee! I don't think I could list all that I've learned here in the last 3 1/2 months since I started IP. Definitely Lizz and Rainbow taught me to think outside of the box on food possibilities/creative cooking. Everyone here has taught me that I'm not the only one with food/weight issues and it's nice to not be in this alone. The motivation and support I've gotten here is a huge part of any success I've had.. please everyone, hug yourselves for me. Thank you!!

Samkatmom 09-22-2012 09:12 AM

The whoosh fairy is real. You just have to be patient and while you are waiting, drink lots of water.

DanafromAustin 09-22-2012 09:29 AM

Quote:

lesson from danafromaustin: BELIEVE IN YOURSELF!!!

:hug:

Quote:

Originally Posted by greeniris (Post 4476332)
and from Dana - the correct way to do boot camp

And you did great with it too.

Mary Contrary 09-22-2012 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starsandrockets (Post 4476235)
I've been lurking here for the past week and I've already learned a lot from many of the posts. Certainly more than I'm learning from my weight loss coach!

Newbie here too.. My second post! So from one newbie to another welcome :)

starsandrockets 09-22-2012 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary Contrary (Post 4476513)
Newbie here too.. My second post! So from one newbie to another welcome :)

Thanks. Welcome to you too, fellow Canadian!

Delgen 09-22-2012 12:29 PM

:wave::wave::wave:From Rainbow: get cool cooking gadgets: English Muffin rings!:cool::cool::cool:
And from Rainbow: Orman Body composition scale! (LOVE MINE):hug::hug::hug:

Most important from Rainbow:
How to plan ahead and stay 100% on Vacation.
:D:D:D
LizzR: Taught me the major mistakes I was making on Phase 3 breakfasts (or how to avoid eating 50 grams of fat at breakfast:devil::devil::devil:

From LizzR and Rainbow...Cook outside the Box/Packet. You can get really creative with chicken soup mix!:stir::stir::stir:

Overall, a consistent message from most everyone:

Stay 100%--cheating is not an option (Hi Wuv Et All)

• Expect stalls
  • Hunger means a whoosh may be in your future
  • Water is important
  • Eat all your food
  • Even the fat

Online friends are just as great as local ones, sometimes better:
grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

One thing I know for sure. I could never have reached my goal without all of you PEEPS! I love you all.
:hug::hug::hug:

New Englander 09-22-2012 01:30 PM

Instead of saying "I can't have that", say "I don't want that"!!! Puts the power in your court!!!

And from all the successful IPers they say, "Just follow the Plan......IT works!!!!!!!!!!!" WOO HOO!!! IT DOES!!!

fourstubbs 09-22-2012 07:35 PM

I've learned that the program works if you follow it and not to panic over a very small loss. :)

Starshine 09-22-2012 08:21 PM

I've learned so much that i could never list it all. People have mentioned lots of wonderful things, but I'll add on TOM and how it screws with weight loss and how IP can mess it up some.

Love all the advice and support here! Such wise and kind people here. Such great advice. Thanks to everyone! :)