3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Ideas for choking down meat (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/266622-ideas-choking-down-meat.html)

slow2lose 09-21-2012 07:54 AM

Ideas for choking down meat

So I'm starting on Monday and a bit concerned about getting my protein meal in. I've never been much of a meat eater - only chicken and ground beef (in a casserole or burger) and the occasional pork chop. But I hate plain meat - I always have to bread it or do sauces - I'm sure that's true for most.

I don't BBQ so I have to do it stove top or oven.

I've seen people use the soups as a meat sauce but isn't that having 2 IP meals together? I'm only on 3 IP packets per day.

Any tips for dressing up chicken, pork or ground beef would be appreciated.

THANKS!

Meagan240 09-21-2012 07:57 AM

Just some spices would work wonders. After awhile, your meat will be the thing you look forward to the mosttt.

djs06 09-21-2012 08:30 AM

Do you have a crock pot? If you make a roast with soy sauce and water it's delicious. There's a recipe floating around somewhere where you use a dry onion soup mix that is FANTASTIC but not sure it's totally legal.

Buffalo sauce is legal, too, if you like spicy.some coaches allow Heinz reduced sugar ketchup also.

EmilySebetka 09-21-2012 08:34 AM

In my opinion, as a farmer's daughter, meat is great. Especially if it used to have hooves! My dad hates chicken and fish.

However, I have this habit of putting the Heinz reduced sugar ketchup on all beef, no matter what the cut is. Mustard is for all pork products (except bacon.). Chicken can go with either depending on the chicken. What part is it? Is it preseasoned?

Try a nice steak with some reduced sugar ketchup. Its really good.

joefla70 09-21-2012 08:48 AM

Just because you don't bbq, doesn't mean you can't grill your meat. While its not the same as grilling on a bbq, you can get grill pan which works pretty good.

usmcvet 09-21-2012 08:59 AM

You don't have to eat it all at one sitting. Split it up through out the day if that works better for you.

SydneyRaine 09-21-2012 09:09 AM

I made a tasty beef treat last night. Even my kids ate it! I used stew meat and cooked it in chicken stock, adding some garlic, onion powder, cinnamon and cayenne pepper. After the meat was fall apart done, I added sliced mushrooms and a dash of soy sauce. Mmmmm

sharrow 09-21-2012 09:27 AM

Also, don't rule out eggs. To keep the costs down, I eat eggs at least once a week. I make a frittata or omelet, or have less eggs and serve them with a slice of smoke salmon (non-sugar cured).

I second buffalo. It has a more subtle flavor than beef, and makes a great chili (chili powder, bell peppers, zucchini, and hot sauce).

Lastly, Tofu is also a great protein. I sautee it in OO in a pan, and dip it in a vinegar garlic sauce. Yum.

scorbett1103 09-21-2012 09:27 AM

I have cooked chicken, pork and beef and then tossed it in a little Walden Farms dressing (Asian dressing, Thick & Spicy BBQ sauce, Sesame Ginger...Ranch on chicken) - They don't work as well for me when I cook with them, but adding that on before serving adds some pretty good flavor!

slow2lose 09-21-2012 10:17 AM

Oooh awesome tips everyone!!! THANK YOU!! I'm the worlds worst cook and if I don't have a recipe to follow I'm clueless so these tips are fabulous!!!!

Much appreciated!! :-)

wuv2bloved 09-21-2012 10:23 AM

Keep an open mind when cooking, put some of this and some of that and some more of this all together and you will be surprised as to what it comes out to be. Maybe you need to start grilling, or baking, or broiling open up your options. I hardly ever cook with a recipe, I am from La, we just throw everything together and call it supper....lol...I guess that is why I haven't had any problems over the last 71 weeks on the program I am always putting something different on my plate. It might be chicken, beef or pork but always has a different flavor, spices are the key to everything!

DanafromAustin 09-21-2012 10:28 AM

I love meat, but if you don't then there is no reason for you to eat it. Just stick with chicken, fish or eggs. Make IP fit your needs, and you will do great.

stargirl66 09-21-2012 10:34 AM

I'm in the habit of having 3 or 4 oz of my protein at lunch on top of a salad. The Tyson Grilled and Ready chicken strips are a frequent choice, and I mix up the dressings I put on it for variety.

slow2lose 09-21-2012 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SydneyRaine (Post 4475293)
I made a tasty beef treat last night. Even my kids ate it! I used stew meat and cooked it in chicken stock, adding some garlic, onion powder, cinnamon and cayenne pepper. After the meat was fall apart done, I added sliced mushrooms and a dash of soy sauce. Mmmmm

Can you break this down into a recipe for me? I suck at food prep. Lived on Lean Cuisines and eating out.

How long do you cook the meat for? How much chicken stock? At what point did you add the veggies?

Did I say I suck at cooking?

slow2lose 09-21-2012 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stargirl66 (Post 4475422)
I'm in the habit of having 3 or 4 oz of my protein at lunch on top of a salad. The Tyson Grilled and Ready chicken strips are a frequent choice, and I mix up the dressings I put on it for variety.

GRILLED AND READY!!! Now that sounds like me. :carrot: