Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 10:11 AM   #16  

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlvr52 View Post
Well Good Morning Everyone....
Didn't get much sleep last night which is not fun this morning but eh... tis life. I also wish the laundry fairy would visit a little more often. So great great news..... I am down another decade this morning.... Down 60 lbs. You have no idea how this has made my day even being overly tired.

so I have to pause for a moment.... and breath
and DANCE!!!!

Today's Quote: Persevere and you will win the prize.
I don't post here much, just lurk a lot. But Tigerlvr52 I just have to say you look amazing and you are doing an amazing job! GO YOU! Keep up the great work!
Old 09-20-2012, 11:02 AM   #17  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by learning to fly View Post
I am new here. I got my packets and all yesterday, and will start the diet tomorrow (Friday) so that my first difficult days would happen over the weekend. Hopefully by Monday I'll be functional enough to go to work. Or I might take couple of days off...

I am 42 years old and weigh 230 lb. I have minimum 80 lbs to lose. I have been steadily gaining weight since 19 years old, except that within the past 8 months I gained 30 pounds, which is not "steady" but rather an alarming jump. It happened while trying to diet...not only I didn't lose any weight but gained 30 lbs!!

Basically my eating is out of control, I am out of control, and so I am ready to take this step. I like about this diet the fact that my own decisions (which I don't trust) are taken out equation and I know precisely what I have to eat, how much, how it should be prepared, and when.

Let's hope for the best!
Welcome to the IP family, You will learn CONTROL on this program, its really easy and very strict but also very good results. Sounds like you are ready to make this about YOU. Start the program with an OPEN mind, don't think about the things you CAN'T have, think about all of the options you DO HAVE. You will learn to eat what your body needs to function and get the energy you need. This is a wonderful program, BEST of luck to you. Use this site as another tool for support, we are all in this together, just different parts of it. All of our bodies are different so we all lose different, remember NEVER compare yourself to ANYONE here because NO TWO people will lose the same.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrousgal View Post
Howdy, it's been a few months. I just dropped off after my mom died in June. Thankfully I didn't really put any weight back on more than about 2 lbs (which still sits me at where I was according to my signature). Trying to do this again as of this week!!! And very discouraged that the scale has not budged at all the past 3 days (100% alternative, I weigh at home).
Welcome back, sorry to hear about the loss of your mother. I am sure she is looking down on you smiling and very proud of what you are doing with your life and getting healthy. Don't be discouraged with the scale, its only a number. Are your clothes looser? are you feeling better? those are the things you should measure your success by
Old 09-20-2012, 11:48 AM   #18  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Good morning! Finally the scale moved at my WI...in the last 2 weeks another 4 1/2 lbs & 2 inches disappeared! I am a very happy loser this WI Now I've got only 17 lbs left to go!!!! My goal is to get there before Thanksgiving. I know that seems like a long way out for 17 lbs, but I had 3 weeks with -0- loss, and I know the last 10 - 20 come off even slower. Plus no walking (for exercise) for 2 more weeks p/foot doc's orders. I do plan to begin lifting some very light weights and beginning Calenetics exercise again soon, at least the ones that don't work the muscles in my feet. (I've never in my life had a 'flabby saggy' butt before, but do now - this has to change!!!! LOL)

A BIG congratulations to all that have also had good WIs recently.

I posted this on the Fab 50 thread, but wanted to share it with everyone...I talked with my coach re: the clinic keeping up-to-date on IP changes (updated P1 & P2 sheets for instance). She said IP does not let them know when there are changes, and as a rule, they do not check the Protocol sheets when they are sent new batches for changes. So she made copies of my up-to-date sheets and went over them with me to see what the changes were. So who is at fault re: clinics/coaches not keeping up with changes...the clinics themselves or IP????

I am so very thankful I found 3FC, because I truly believe I would not have been so successful on my journey without all of you, your support, research, and recipes. So a HUGE Thank You to each of you!!!!

Last edited by greeniris; 09-20-2012 at 12:26 PM.
Old 09-20-2012, 12:21 PM   #19  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrousgal View Post
Howdy, it's been a few months. I just dropped off after my mom died in June. Thankfully I didn't really put any weight back on more than about 2 lbs (which still sits me at where I was according to my signature). Trying to do this again as of this week!!! And very discouraged that the scale has not budged at all the past 3 days (100% alternative, I weigh at home).
Hey ferrousgal!!! It is so good to "see" you back, you have done amazing given the loss of your mother, my condolences as I can't imagine how hard that must have been for you. It really is a great testament that you have maintained so well after all you went through - and don't be discouraged - remember the WHOOSH happens fast & furious after teasing you for days on end. The fact that you are 'rebooting' so to speak also plays a factor - as you have already gone through the 'carb detox' not too long ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kay2012 View Post
Good Morning all. I started last Thursday and have about 83 lb. to lose. I have steadily gained weight over 17 years with having three children, one with special needs. I tried so many times to lose weight and failed. But, it's time to take care of myself so I can be here for many years for my son. Today was my first WI and I lost 7.8 lb. I'm so excited to be here!
Welcome Kay2012!!! You will find there are a lot of mom's on IP, and we have all found that it makes us better caregivers. I have a TON more energy to play with my son, I make healthy, whole, fresh foods for my family using the vegetable recipes I learned on this site, and I feel FANTASTIC. Truly, a happy mom means a happy family and you are doing the BEST THING for YOURSELF and for YOUR FAMILY. I lost over 70lb in 5 months of Phase 1 and the time FLEW BY - you will be reaching goal before you know it and cheering on the newbies soon enough!

Quote:
Originally Posted by learning to fly View Post
I am new here. I got my packets and all yesterday, and will start the diet tomorrow (Friday) so that my first difficult days would happen over the weekend. Hopefully by Monday I'll be functional enough to go to work. Or I might take couple of days off...

I am 42 years old and weigh 230 lb. I have minimum 80 lbs to lose. I have been steadily gaining weight since 19 years old, except that within the past 8 months I gained 30 pounds, which is not "steady" but rather an alarming jump. It happened while trying to diet...not only I didn't lose any weight but gained 30 lbs!!

Basically my eating is out of control, I am out of control, and so I am ready to take this step. I like about this diet the fact that my own decisions (which I don't trust) are taken out equation and I know precisely what I have to eat, how much, how it should be prepared, and when.
Welcome learning to fly!!! I am 38 years old and actually started out at 220lb. My ticker says 214lb, but I actually lost 6lb 'on my own' pre-IP, it took me 4 months to do that with "diet & exercise" - I lost more than that my 1st week on Phase 1. This program WORKS, but I won't lie - the first week is HARD, so it is very smart of you to go through the first few carb detox days over the weekend, but stick with it. Yes, this program is strict, but it FORCES you to stay on program and gives you the chance to really figure out 'how to eat'. It sounds silly when I say that, but honestly - I never ate when I was hungry, I ate to STUFF myself - when I was bored, tired, angry, happy, etc. The first week was hard physically - the second week was hard MENTALLY. After that it became easier and easier every week - and suddenly I dropped 70lb.

I started at a super-tight size 16 (I actually ripped denim - refused to upsize, so probably an "in denial 18/20") and ended Phase 1 at a size 2. My first few weeks into Maintenance those size 2's are getting loose on me - so I may have to downsize again (your body continues to 'shift' and 'settle'). My best advice is to follow the sheet, don't try to trick, treat, or sneak anything in - copy that Phase 1 sheet, keep one with you at all times, and if you have a question come here and ASK.

There is always someone here who has 'been there, done that' and we all are in this together. I have been heavy my entire life - I hit 185lb in 8th grade and never really stopped from there, at my 10 year reunion I was at an all time high of ~240+lb (refused to step on a scale), I am looking forward to my 20th reunion this weekend at my all time low. I have NEVER been this size before and have a 100% completely new wardrobe because I shrunk out of all my clothes. YOU CAN DO THIS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliKay View Post
Morning everyone! It's a cool day in Chicago, Fall has finally arrived. It's nice to be able to have the windows open, if just for a short time..too cold for me. I'm already in jeans and a sweatshirt!
It's a "cool day" in Dallas today - all the way in the low 90's!!! I may have to get my winter coat out this weekend since it's forecast to hit the 80's....BRRRR!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RN4Babies View Post
Good morning! Did anyone happen to catch the Today Show this morning? They had a zucchini noodle and pesto recipie that I think could be tweaked for IP! I make zucchini noodles all the time, but I could use some help with the pesto! Does anyone have a recipe? I don't have time (watching 3 kiddos under 18 months...ahhhh!) or I would look through Rainbow's recipes.
I love using zucchini noodles for "Italian dishes", cucumber noodles work better in "Asian". Pesto is usually a puree of fresh herbs, nuts, spices, and EVOO - You can always mix up the herbs to use basil, etc. And in lieu of nuts you can add in a dollop of WF Peanut Spread - I can't stand that stuff on it's own but it makes a GREAT addition to sauces and I bet it would work as the perfect nut puree substitute that is used in pesto. Hmmm....I feel a new series of recipes for my 'Fun With Veggie Purees' thread....

2RIDEROLLERCOASTER posted up a cilantro pesto recipe in the Archives:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3839177-post442.html
3 bunches of cilantro
2 garlic cloves
4 tblsp EVOO
4 tblsp worcestershire sauce
2 - 3 dashes of hot sauce
2 teaspoons splenda
1 - 2 tsp lime juice

I first chopped the cilantro fine in a chopper, then transferred to my "miricle blender" added the rest of the ingrediences. Blended until a Pesto like consistancy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Still riding high after my WI yesterday - my sister in law asked me to go to the mall with her today so I'm debating whether I want to invest in some new clothes now, or wait. I'm tempted to pick up a few nice pieces in the next size down - I have total confidence I will be there before too long!
Don't buy new clothes until you ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO - trust me on this. It will get EXPENSIVE at the end, you will literally go through a new size every week when you get closer to goal.

Quote:
Didn't get much sleep last night which is not fun this morning but eh... tis life. I also wish the laundry fairy would visit a little more often. So great great news..... I am down another decade this morning.... Down 60 lbs. You have no idea how this has made my day even being overly tired.
Congrats on knocking out another DECADE!!!!

Last edited by LizRR; 09-20-2012 at 12:34 PM.
Old 09-20-2012, 12:29 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 235/186/150

Height: 5' 5"

Good Morning Everyone!

First off...Congratulations to all the great WI and NSV this morning. It is so great to get up, have a cup of coffee and sit and read about everyone...it is very motivating for me.

Second...Welcome to all the new folks...I am still a newbie too...only 9 days in, but this forum is awesome and has helped me so much, I consider it to be a daily thing...just like taking the supplements, I just do it.

I am not sure if I have mentioned it on here or not, but in a month from tomorrow my husband is taking me on a cruise. He totally surprised me about 5 weeks ago and told me to book us a cruise. Then he went a step more and wanted me to get him a tux for the formal nights. So the cruise ship rents them and about a month ago we did all of his measurements, sent them in a reserved him a tux on the ship. Well after our WI last week and the fact that he lost 7 inches, I got to thinking about that reserved tux. Thankfully we can send in different measurements up to five days before we cruise, so he wont look so silly in a tux that doesn't fit. It also hit me that I am probably going to have to have my formal dress altered too because I have already lost 9 inches. So my point with sharing all of this is to ask this question. Do you find that you continue to lose those kinds of inches through the first month? I would assume it would be a big jump the first week and then really slow with each continuing week??
Old 09-20-2012, 12:30 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 275/ticker/195

Height: 5'10"

Morning everyone!
Working on the dreaded budget today at work and needed a little chill time to read how everyone is doing
Kay2012-awesome first WI! I am going to my first meeting with my coach Tuesday, and I can't wait! I am in MS too, by the way
Tigerlvr52-congrats on reaching 60 lbs! That is great!!
Hope everyone has a great day
Old 09-20-2012, 12:36 PM   #22  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

where in MS?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawn again View Post
Morning everyone!
Working on the dreaded budget today at work and needed a little chill time to read how everyone is doing
Kay2012-awesome first WI! I am going to my first meeting with my coach Tuesday, and I can't wait! I am in MS too, by the way
Tigerlvr52-congrats on reaching 60 lbs! That is great!!
Hope everyone has a great day
Old 09-20-2012, 12:36 PM   #23  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Welcome to the new folks! This program really is awesome, and this forum has a ton of great advice on how to make it work for you. Ask questions, try new things, and you'll do great!

Still riding high after my WI yesterday - my sister in law asked me to go to the mall with her today so I'm debating whether I want to invest in some new clothes now, or wait. I'm tempted to pick up a few nice pieces in the next size down - I have total confidence I will be there before too long!

The laundry pile is getting ominous, no matter how fervently I pray to the laundry fairies they never seem to make it to my hamper :/
Go for it!! You absolutely deserve it!

I am down to such a small number of things that fit now, I can't afford to wait for the laundry fairy! Have to wash at least twice a week to have things to wear to work. I am just really unsure about what size I will end up at and so I have invested in just a few nice things in my current size...
Old 09-20-2012, 12:37 PM   #24  
IP Start: 8/15/12

S/C/G: 286/217/158

Height: 5'6"

Welcome to the newbies! Stick around here and you'll do great with all the wonderful support and advice.

Quote:

so I have to pause for a moment.... and breath
and DANCE!!!!

Today's Quote: Persevere and you will win the prize.
60 lbs is A-MAZ-ING!!!!! Way to go
Old 09-20-2012, 12:47 PM   #25  
Keeping it real!

S/C/G: 40/31/30 waist inches!

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaHen View Post
Good Morning Everyone!

First off...Congratulations to all the great WI and NSV this morning. It is so great to get up, have a cup of coffee and sit and read about everyone...it is very motivating for me.

Second...Welcome to all the new folks...I am still a newbie too...only 9 days in, but this forum is awesome and has helped me so much, I consider it to be a daily thing...just like taking the supplements, I just do it.

I am not sure if I have mentioned it on here or not, but in a month from tomorrow my husband is taking me on a cruise. He totally surprised me about 5 weeks ago and told me to book us a cruise. Then he went a step more and wanted me to get him a tux for the formal nights. So the cruise ship rents them and about a month ago we did all of his measurements, sent them in a reserved him a tux on the ship. Well after our WI last week and the fact that he lost 7 inches, I got to thinking about that reserved tux. Thankfully we can send in different measurements up to five days before we cruise, so he wont look so silly in a tux that doesn't fit. It also hit me that I am probably going to have to have my formal dress altered too because I have already lost 9 inches. So my point with sharing all of this is to ask this question. Do you find that you continue to lose those kinds of inches through the first month? I would assume it would be a big jump the first week and then really slow with each continuing week??
In regards to your question about inches - I actually lost more inches my 5th week than I did my first .... Don't get those final touches done just yet
Old 09-20-2012, 12:52 PM   #26  
Jim V

S/C/G: 214214165

Height: 5 ft 5 inches

Default 1st Weigh In

I started last friday and weighed in this morning, I am down 9 pounds. The Dr. said that was great but when i read so many people here losing a lot more there first weigh in, I wasn't sure how I felt. I am here for the long ride need to get healthy. Its really easy just time consuming with the salads and raw veggies. I need to try some new dishes and Ideas. Great site.
Old 09-20-2012, 12:59 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/180

Hope everyone is having an awesome thursday!!

I'm slowly weening myself off IP products and switching to just using whey because I'm way too poor to continue using it . I've become very paranoid. Everything I see, or eat I'm immediately calculating numbers and calories and fat, which isn't a bad thing but it's almost made me obsessive, I'm only doing one IP pack a day right now(breakfast), still losing consistently but i'm absoloutly petrified of eating real food.

I'm scared I will gain the weight I have worked so hard to lose like I did on my last diet (lost 30...ended up gaining 50), but I do not want to starve myself or deprive myself. I'm trying to do "phase 2" righ tnow and want to move on to phase three but I've becme so stuck in IP ways that I feel overwhelmed.

Last edited by nightprowler; 09-20-2012 at 12:59 PM.
Old 09-20-2012, 01:11 PM   #28  
Ready to reboot

S/C/G: Reboot with 140 as my goal

Height: 5'4"

My recent NSV is that most of my summer pants (mostly capri's and clam diggers) are starting to look really bad on me - in a good way!! If we'd ever get out of the 90°+ days I'd start wearing jeans. I still have a few of those in a smaller than my normal size. Still haven't lost enough to go down a shirt/blouse size.
Old 09-20-2012, 01:54 PM   #29  
Doin' it for ME

S/C/G: 228/210/140

Height: 5'5"

Default Newbie day 9 - Need help

Good afternoon fellow IPers.

I am 9 days in and I have a couple of questions:

1. Can I have Edamame as a vegetable?

2. Have any of you ever had any back pain in the kidney area when starting this diet? I have had some for a couple of days now, and it was at its worst this am. Called my coach and haven't heard back from her.....any ideas?

Thanks
Old 09-20-2012, 01:59 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 257.4/203.2/185

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpersons View Post
Good afternoon fellow IPers.

I am 9 days in and I have a couple of questions:

1. Can I have Edamame as a vegetable?

2. Have any of you ever had any back pain in the kidney area when starting this diet? I have had some for a couple of days now, and it was at its worst this am. Called my coach and haven't heard back from her.....any ideas?

Thanks
This diet definitely does put a toll on your kidneys since it is high protein. Have you had kidney issues in the past? Make sure you drink plenty of water to help your kidneys filter more efficiently and flush your body. If it's very painful and tender, I would call your doctor. You don't want to mess with kidney infections.

Also, unfortunately edamame is not allowed in P1 :-(
Closed Thread