Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 10:21 PM   #76  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
HEY! You've given me hope! Am I on the "verge" of being JUST overweight now too?? I'm asking my coach at WI tomorrow! I usually weigh in at 4pm and am doing 7:00 AM tomorrow so I should lose 3 pounds just by
"weigh-light savings time" (hee, hee)
LOL if your ticker is right you ARE in the plain old "overweight" category! (BMI of 25-30) - woo hoo!
Old 09-17-2012, 10:25 PM   #77  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Meadow!!! Even with all the crazy food dreams you punched straight through the categories! I am soooo happy for you girl!
Old 09-17-2012, 10:43 PM   #78  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadow Wheeler View Post
All I can say about today is WOW! I have been a teary...blubbery...smiling girl all day.

Ok so here is my results for today's WI. - 2 lbs, -.50% body fat, -.6 lean mass and my hydration went up almost .1. I suddenly and unexpectedly moved into "acceptable" on the body fat chart. That NSV was the cause of all my emotional...girly tears. I don't know if it is because I didn't expect it to happen yet or if it is hormones.

I am officially over the 50 lb lost mark as of this WI! I would have thought that would be the cause of tears...but no it was seeing everything on my chart with the exception of my hydration move from the orange to the yellow. (My hydration is always green.) I guess I didn't realize I was watching for that transition so closely or that it meant so much to me. It is odd how I have mini goals that I didn't know I had.

I did change my goal back to 140. Deidre (my coach) agreed that was a good move. She said it is rare to see women that really belong at 135..."unless your in your twenties". Especially given my muscle tone. I did talk to her about a modified phase off and she doesn't seem too keen on it. She said the purpose of Phase II is to add calories without adding carbs. So perhaps my Phase II will be two protein packets for dinner rather than 1. When I shared my view of my lifestyle (maintenance) she said it looked great...very balanced. I explained that I believe my maintenance will be like Phase 3 for me with occasional dips into Phase 4. She said that was great, actually what they recommend. They believe sticking with Phase 3 is more balanced and will lead to less chance of gaining or a need for reboots. It was good to have had that conversation with her. I am glad that she agrees that I have my maintenance plan where it should be.

If there is a way for me to share an excel work book on the forum I would be happy to share...just need someone to tutor me on how to get it out here.
You are so amazing! I am truly in AWE of you! I am going to talk to my coach tomorrow about phase 3 and 4 even though I am still 20ish pounds away. I want to be ready. You are my idol!
Old 09-17-2012, 10:48 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 205.6/145.2/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishette View Post
What a trill! I am so happy for you! You can make 140 no problem!
Thank you Fishette! It is going to be here before I know it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
Congrats Meadow for crossing over the 50lb mark!
Thank you Dana!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
HAPPY HAPPY NEWS MEADOW!!!! Congratulations on 50 lbs gone!! That is HUGE!! Thinking of 50 lbs of butter and I think where was it all?? I'm so proud of you!!
Thanks HottieMomPattie! I think at this point in my journey I am starting to step back and look at all the positive changes and just be simply grateful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
WOO HOOO!!! Congrats on the loss AND on the changes in your "categories"! I can totally relate, I was so stoked that I'm on the verge of moving from "obese" on the BMI scale to "overweight". It makes you feel like you're regaining control of yourself. Definitely worth every happy tear you shed!

RE: Sharing the workbook - if you can upload it or recreate it in Google Drive/Google Docs, you can share the link to the spreadsheet here. If you need help with the settings to make it public, you can always check in with me or one of the other techy-savvy folks here
Thanks Scorbett! I will give it a try. By the way does anyone know the proper thread I should post that in or do you all want to see it here? It is Meadow's Maintenance Plan. LOL

Quote:
I totally get what you're saying. I was sooo excited when I had a WI and said to people at work "Hey! I'm not morbidly obese anymore!! I'm JUST Obese now!!..." .... they didn't get my excitement. LOL.

Congrats on your great progress. My Obese frame sends your REGULAR one a big hug! I'll expect it back when I'm joining you in the yellow zone!
IP43 - I totally get the excitement. I chose to share my news with a few key coworkers by e-mail because I knew I couldn't tell them without crying. One of them decided she had to come and give me a hug...I bawled...she teared up. Yep...they get the excitement and maybe the emotional bits too. One coworker said, "Its ok...I blame EVERYTHING on hormones. You can too."

I totally will be here to give you back that hug when you hit the yellow zone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
Meadow!!! Even with all the crazy food dreams you punched straight through the categories! I am soooo happy for you girl!
LOL...yep those darned annoying and irritating food dreams! Thank goodness they seem to have gone away. Hard to believe that I only have 14.8 lbs to go. (Only is definitely the right word in that statement!) Hoping I reach that goal before 10/31. Actually it would be awesome to hit goal before my doctor's appointment on 10/16. I am a totally different person from the one she saw 6 months ago.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:53 PM   #80  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgamroth View Post
You are so amazing! I am truly in AWE of you! I am going to talk to my coach tomorrow about phase 3 and 4 even though I am still 20ish pounds away. I want to be ready. You are my idol!
I don't know that I deserve AWE or being an idol. I will totally settle for being your cheerleader and bff. Good luck with your talk tomorrow. Great idea to be planning now...I think it makes it easier when you wrap your mind around what your life looks like post Phase 1. For a long time I was having a hard time saying I would ever let Phase 1 go. The realist in me knows I have to eventually so I had to find what works for me.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:03 PM   #81  

Quote:
I don't know that I deserve AWE or being an idol. I will totally settle for being your cheerleader and bff. Good luck with your talk tomorrow. Great idea to be planning now...I think it makes it easier when you wrap your mind around what your life looks like post Phase 1. For a long time I was having a hard time saying I would ever let Phase 1 go. The realist in me knows I have to eventually so I had to find what works for me.
I am in AWE because you have a great plan and are ready for that next step. I am SCARED TO DEATH of that next step. I am thinking that having a plan is what is needed. I need to know what I can and can't eat and have many meal options ready to learn and implement.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:12 PM   #82  

Lucky you Holly!!! Meadow as a cheerleader and BFF? Lucky duck!
Old 09-17-2012, 11:50 PM   #83  

Quote:
I am in AWE because you have a great plan and are ready for that next step. I am SCARED TO DEATH of that next step. I am thinking that having a plan is what is needed. I need to know what I can and can't eat and have many meal options ready to learn and implement.
My suggestion is to go through all your favorite recipes and make them Phase 1 appropriate. Once you master that then you can easily tailor them to be Phase 3 appropriate. Phase 2 isn't all that different from Phase 1 so don't let that step scare you. Phase 4 becomes what you want it to be. You have the tools you know what you need to do because of Phase 1. Of course Phase 4 means different things to different people. Me it is much easier because there is so much I just can't have...anything with gluten is just out. That gets rid of a lot of temptations for me. I will try my hand at some gluten free baking and am thinking like once a month that would be a good treat during maintenance. Phase 4 introduces a fun day every week...I just don't see myself doing that or at least not going crazy with it. Assuming I have entered the Phase 4...10/31 will be a mexican night with margaritas. I hope to try making my lemon bars gluten free. If I am only in Phase 3...it will still be a mexican night just phase 3 appropriate...without margaritas or lemon bars for those of us still OP. Once I figure out how to upload my maintenance plan you will see what I did. I took the approach of Breakfast, Snack, Lunch, Snack, Dinner, Snack. Then under each of those I listed options. The one that has the most options is lunch because I will continue to do my largest meal at that time. That is where making my recipes Phase 1 friendly has really helped. I get to have some of my favorite things in a much healthier way.

I guess bottom line...look at works best for your life. Work in the things you like best and before you know it you will have a plan. I work under the KISS method...Keep It Simple Silly...the Phase 4 sheet seems a bit to complex to me...the Phase 3 works for me with little bits of Phase 4 like an occasional fun meal or a treat. I guess that is me liking the security of the structure still offered under Phase 3.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:51 AM   #84  

Happy 100% everyone! It is Tuesday!!!
Old 09-18-2012, 08:54 AM   #85  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Quote:
Happy 100% everyone! It is Tuesday!!!
Right back at you!!!
Old 09-18-2012, 11:25 AM   #86  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

The sun is shining!! I am feeling SKINNY, its going to be a WONDERFUL day!.....lol
Old 09-18-2012, 11:31 AM   #87  

Quote:
I LOVE Cody! My sister and brother-in-law live there and are both 4th grade teachers. They have an annual pass to Yellowstone. I visited in June and was SO excited to see a BEAR!!! We also saw moose, elk, deer, mountain sheep, bison, eagles and fox. It was a fabulous trip. I hope you have a great time! Shopping is fun there!
We actually had a bear walk right out in front of our car in Cooke City this summer, it was soo cool! I can't wait to shop, hoping for some smaller clothes

Quote:
HEY! You've given me hope! Am I on the "verge" of being JUST overweight now too?? I'm asking my coach at WI tomorrow! I usually weigh in at 4pm and am doing 7:00 AM tomorrow so I should lose 3 pounds just by
"weigh-light savings time" (hee, hee)
LOL....I love weigh-lite savings time!

I am very happy to say that as of WI this morning I am only a pound away from being halfway to goal!!
Old 09-18-2012, 11:55 AM   #88  
Restart 4/1/19

S/C/G: 226.8/190.0/140

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
All I can say about today is WOW! I have been a teary...blubbery...smiling girl all day.

Ok so here is my results for today's WI. - 2 lbs, -.50% body fat, -.6 lean mass and my hydration went up almost .1. I suddenly and unexpectedly moved into "acceptable" on the body fat chart. That NSV was the cause of all my emotional...girly tears. I don't know if it is because I didn't expect it to happen yet or if it is hormones.

I am officially over the 50 lb lost mark as of this WI! I would have thought that would be the cause of tears...but no it was seeing everything on my chart with the exception of my hydration move from the orange to the yellow. (My hydration is always green.) I guess I didn't realize I was watching for that transition so closely or that it meant so much to me. It is odd how I have mini goals that I didn't know I had.

I did change my goal back to 140. Deidre (my coach) agreed that was a good move. She said it is rare to see women that really belong at 135..."unless your in your twenties". Especially given my muscle tone. I did talk to her about a modified phase off and she doesn't seem too keen on it. She said the purpose of Phase II is to add calories without adding carbs. So perhaps my Phase II will be two protein packets for dinner rather than 1. When I shared my view of my lifestyle (maintenance) she said it looked great...very balanced. I explained that I believe my maintenance will be like Phase 3 for me with occasional dips into Phase 4. She said that was great, actually what they recommend. They believe sticking with Phase 3 is more balanced and will lead to less chance of gaining or a need for reboots. It was good to have had that conversation with her. I am glad that she agrees that I have my maintenance plan where it should be.

If there is a way for me to share an excel work book on the forum I would be happy to share...just need someone to tutor me on how to get it out here.
You are an inspiration Meadow!! 50lbs gone, must feel fantastic, way to go!!
Old 09-18-2012, 11:56 AM   #89  
Started IP 12 Apr 12

S/C/G: 270/179/170

Height: 5'4

Good morning all, I thought I had a cold, turns out it progressed to the flu... I'm feeling great today compared to the last week. I've been lurking, all of the progress you are all making is just wonderful. I am so proud of you guys IP has changed things for me, usually I'm hungry when I'm sick for soup and hot tea but I had to force myself to eat while I was sick this time, that never happened before. I am finding that my attitude about food in general has changed for the better. Have a great 100% OP day all.
Old 09-18-2012, 01:56 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 299.8/282.3/160

Height: 5'8"

Wow, so many great losses and milestones!!! I have another "test" coming up this weekend as my sister will be in town for a few days. In the past, that's always meant, "Where do we get to go out to eat?" I'm sure we'll still go out some, but I for one won't be ordering an Ultimate Feast at Red Lobster or a loaded baked potato at Texas Roadhouse. But as I've been thinking about it ... isn't that what life is about? Lots of little tests along the way? I think I feel empowered enough now to control how I react to at least some of them.
Closed Thread