3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Weekend Chat - Saturday 9/15-Sunday 9/16 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/266280-ip-weekend-chat-saturday-9-15-sunday-9-16-a.html)

bsaad23 09-16-2012 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuv2bloved (Post 4470024)
Here is my week 70 video, some of you are new, so welcome to all of you to the best and last diet you will ever need. Before you watch my video if you chose I am letting you know this week has been a very emotional week for me and I do tear up in this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRiI-zs_4-8

Just watched your video and I was crying too! Your joy is palpable! You are such an inspiration!
Remember this day forever.
Congratulations on both the new you and your perseverance.
:bravo::bravo::bravo:

Fishette 09-16-2012 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snolover (Post 4469750)
Good morning! Had a very rough weekend. My favorite aunt passed away and I had a full house of relatives, plus I needed to work on and then read the eulogy. Very rough!!! But, I managed to stay OP. I was so proud of myself. I still have a few cousins staying over for a few days but things should get back to normal soon. Have a great day. Off to church I go.

We are proud of you, too! And you probably handled things much better than having to also deal with a sugar high and then a crash. Way to go!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samkatmom (Post 4469805)
My daughter wanted Mongolian grill for dinner. I had never been to one before, I really enjoyed it. I told the guy no sauce so he just used water but the food is pushed around behind someone with lots of sauce so, of course, my food received some of that. I do not think it will cause me an issue but it sure had me fretting.

LOL! We went to place just like that today after church. I got just a little bit of sauce and I thought I picked the most low-carb one. When I got home I checked the nutritional info on the web - I picked one of the highest! Since I just had a little it was about 4 grams of carbs total so not a total killer. Next time I'm picking the tomato sauce - only 3 grams of carbs for an entire ladle. Plus it would count as my occasional tomato allowance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WingnutandMe (Post 4469822)
Attention!!!

If anyone was looking for the whoosh fairy she just left. My WI was 4.2 pounds. For someone who is over 60 and struggles to average 2 lbs a week, this is celebration time.

So happy for you! But now do send her my way - I had a flat week last week and I'm ready for a woosh!

CarCamMom - have you thought about going to a reputable gym and getting the caliper test for fat percentage? I hear that is more accurate than the electronic gizmo.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsCW (Post 4469992)
My allergies are awful!

OK, so not no, but after IP, you could try a teaspoon a day of local honey. I had terrible allergies until I did this for almost an entire year, and viola! Allergies are history for me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AngieBaby41 (Post 4470172)

Next, my boss's son's cross country team was having a dinner at her house on Friday night so she spent Friday morning at home cleaning and getting ready, which included baking chocolate chip cookies. She texted me a picture of them. :cookie: I said that's not even nice! (She didn't know I was doing IP, and she's a stick.) So when she comes strolling in around noon, she comes in my office with a bag of cookies. Now I've never met a chocolate chip cookie that I didn't like, but I said, ohhhhh, thank you, but I can't have them. Wound up telling her a little about what I was doing and she happily removed the cookies from

Congrats on staying on plan through a high trigger day! My boss (55 year old female who runs ultra-marathons once a year - that's 100 miles non-stop) tried to get me to eat something sweet she brought into a meeting because she needs to fatten up after her last race. I said no thanks, I'm quitting sugar. There was no problem. I think she is happy that I'm taking steps to be healthier. And, no, I have no thoughts on joining her one day - that's just crazy!!!

wuv2bloved 09-16-2012 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsaad23 (Post 4470188)
Just watched your video and I was crying too! Your joy is palpable! You are such an inspiration!
Remember this day forever.
Congratulations on both the new you and your perseverance.
:bravo::bravo::bravo:

Thank you...I am enjoying the NEW THINNER me!

Lizzy63 09-16-2012 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsCW (Post 4469992)
My allergies are awful! Does anyone know if the body responds negatively to nasal steroids...specifically omnaris? I know oral steroids can delay loss.

My coach seemed to be anti any medicine.....but this is not practical during Missouri allergy season!

As an allergy sufferer, I have to say better to lose a little more slowly than go without my meds!

I've been using flonase since long before I started IP. Still, I'm averaging over 3 pounds a week...

cbl70 09-16-2012 07:38 PM

Just checking in.. It's the beginning of week 5 for me. I had a pretty good weekend with our house guests. I debated trying to eat on plan without telling them vs announcing I was on a restricted diet. I opted for the announcement and im glad I did. They were very supportive. We ate out Friday night and I ordered salmon and veggies. I passed on the bread (I was very hungry) the beer AND the ice cream! I woke up Saturday morning feeling so happy I had stayed on plan.

coffeebean 09-16-2012 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuv2bloved (Post 4470225)

You should be so proud of yourself. You are an inspiration

stolaf 09-16-2012 07:45 PM

Hi all. I haven't checked in in a while. I have been traveling for work in Europe and have struggled too be 100% OP. I brought all shakes, vitamins, etc with me but the issue has been eating in restaurants and getting what I can eat. Most menus r translated to english but it's not an exact translation so I have been surprised a few times but what came out of the kitchen.

I have not eaten any breads, potatoes, etc but I may have eaten a non- approved veggie here or there. I get home next weekend so I will weigh in and see how I did.

LizRR 09-16-2012 09:00 PM

I have been lurking a lot lately on my phone, so hard to post on that tiny thing! My home laptop is slowly dying and I am moving to a new job where my Internet access is limited. My son cut his nap today and is down for the night early so it is kitchen momma time! Kale chips dehydrating, cauliflower puréed, chicken baked, cucumber-lemon sorbet made (&eaten), and baking a rutabaga for sweet fauxtato pie (making my lunches for the next 3 days)

I am thinking of Phase 1ing over most if the week to 'tighten up ship' before my 20th reunion on Saturday...good timing to hit goal so close to seeing folks 10 years after the last one when i was at my heaviest, now i am at my smallest!
It is at Pat O'Brians across the street from the Alamo in downtown San Antonio in the bar/club area, so I do plan to have some fun!

I did 2 classes at the gym this morning, step & body pump, and feel fantastic! Yesterday I was able to run 4 miles OUTSIDE, which is quite a feat in TX as It's been 100+ until a day or 2 ago! Hopefully if this cold front sticks I can go back to taking my son to the park.

IP43 09-16-2012 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snolover (Post 4470075)
OMG! I made something yummy today! I prepared my potato puree as a tortilla this morning and for lunch, I cut it into wedges and put them in the oven at 400 degrees. I turned them probably after 10 minutes. And voilà! Super good tortilla chips that I ate with a bit of salsa. Mmmmm!

Well after my tomato basil soup fiasco I'm a bit nervous, but you've convinced me to give it a try! LOL.... I bet they'd taste good with some of my parmesan/herb spice I found (0/0/0 Clubhouse brand)

IP43 09-16-2012 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LizRR (Post 4470350)
...I am thinking of Phase 1ing over most if the week to 'tighten up ship' before my 20th reunion on Saturday...good timing to hit goal so close to seeing folks 10 years after the last one when i was at my heaviest, now i am at my smallest!...

OMG I would SOOooo love to be a fly on the wall when you're walking around and everyone is whispering behind their hands "Is THAT Lizz?! She looks amazing...!"

Have a fun reunion and a sip or two of some bubbly for all of us if you have a celebretory beverage :hat: ( If you tell me you're making some cucumber rutabega WINE to take with you, I will openly sob...):dizzy:

wuv2bloved 09-16-2012 10:04 PM

Some of my classmates are friends of mine on FB, we had a reunion 5 yrs ago, some of them have commented on my pics, those that aren't on FB will be SHOCKED when we have our next reunion....lol....will be a GREAT day for ME to be the "HAWT" one....I was ALWAYS the BIG girl!

Fishette 09-16-2012 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LizRR (Post 4470350)
I am thinking of Phase 1ing over most if the week to 'tighten up ship' before my 20th reunion on Saturday...good timing to hit goal so close to seeing folks 10 years after the last one when i was at my heaviest, now i am at my smallest!
It is at Pat O'Brians across the street from the Alamo in downtown San Antonio in the bar/club area, so I do plan to have some .

You will be the talk of the town! But watch out for those hurricanes!

Quote:

Originally Posted by stolaf (Post 4470282)
Hi all. I haven't checked in in a while. I have been traveling for work in Europe and have struggled too be 100% OP. I brought all shakes, vitamins, etc with me but the issue has been eating in restaurants and getting what I can eat. Most menus r translated to english but it's not an exact translation so I have been surprised a few times but what came out of the kitchen.

I have not eaten any breads, potatoes, etc but I may have eaten a non- approved veggie here or there. I get home next weekend so I will weigh in and see how I did.

Welcome home! You. Must have some fabulous experiences. Do share!

Hockeymom40 09-16-2012 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuv2bloved (Post 4470225)

You look fantastic. Not even the same person. You are an inspiration and you have inspired me to get to my goal. You rock!