Red wine vinegar

• Why is it that we are not allowed to have red wine vinegar? I have found many brands that do not have sugar in it. I tried apple cider and my stomach can not tolerate it.
  • We can have it as long as it falls under the 0/0/0 (zero carb, zero fat, zero sugar) requirement.
  • you are my hero!!!! Thank you!
  • Quote: We can have it as long as it falls under the 0/0/0 (zero carb, zero fat, zero sugar) requirement.
    That is not true - per the Phase 1 protocol balsamic vinegar and red wine vinegar are NOT allowed.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4360561-post9.html

Red wine vinegar has a lower acidity than apple cider vinegar, which is going to have a different effect on the body's pH level. Yes, in small amounts the difference may be negligible if the only thing you're looking at is the vinegar condiments - but this diet is crafted to work as a whole.
  • I was told by my coach that the alcohol in red wine vinegar is the reason we cannot have it.
  • I was also told the alcohol and the ph was the reason. I love balsamic and red wine vinegar and really pushed for the reasons. It makes sense. I've grown to like the apple cider ...
  • The PH makes sense. I don't think the alcohol content of most vinegars varies too much though - vinegar is made by fermenting something into alcohol, then fermenting it again and diluting the end product with water until it's about 5% acidity.
  • Once again coaches stating different things, my coach said that we couldn't have redwine vinegar or balsamic vinegar because of the sugar content, but if I wanted to use redwine vinegar to find one that had zero sugar/carbs.
  • Quote: Once again coaches stating different things, my coach said that we couldn't have redwine vinegar or balsamic vinegar because of the sugar content, but if I wanted to use redwine vinegar to find one that had zero sugar/carbs.
    That makes sense for balsamic, there's about 2g carbs from sugar in that kind of vinegar. Red Wine vinegar has no sugar.