Old 09-12-2012, 12:54 PM   #61  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaad23 View Post
SO nice to hear about a Dr. who see and treats the individual..rather than a chart. She is so right about your BMI and fat percentage given your, self described, 'pear shape'. you can safely handle a higher a body fat % than a person of apple shape...given our age.
I have gained it mostly in my mid section and know that increases my chance of cardiovascular disease. More importantly knowing Mom died at a too young an age from this (and she was only moderately overweight) I need to be closer to 25%. UGH! Given my height, I can get there.

Goes to show you, everyone is so unique. One CAN be an unhealthy thin person! Or a healthy person who is comfortable at your appropriate weight.

So "never too rich or too thin" might need to be adjusted to "never too rich". lol
Congratulations on your great visit and adjusted goal.
I think "never too rich" is probably about right when you are over 50 years old. My body fat just does not seem to move down much no matter how much I lose or exercise. I started out at just over 50% body fat (very scary pear shape or not). Now at almost a 100 pound loss, it still won't budge below 40%. My coach said she would like to see it around 30%, and my doctor just shook her head said not going to happen for me. That's when we talked about my type of shape, goal weight and BMI. She said if I can get down to my goal weight, and with my body type and the weight lifting I do, I'll be okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twindy57 View Post
Question about Recipe's: Some of the recipes contain a protein, natural and an IP protein. Just wondering how this works? Is this not "doubling up" on proteins/calories?
That has always confused me a bit too unless you divide it up between some of your meals. For example, I made a quiche for lunch today, and because it's one packet of broccoli cheese soup mix and 2 eggs (plus some other ingredients), I'm eating half for lunch and half for dinner. I also haven't made some things because it seems to me that you are having double the protein requirement if you eat it all at once.
DanafromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:02 PM   #62  

To quote more than one, just click on the little quote button on the bottom right corner for each post you want to respond to. When you are done reading the board you go down to the bottom left corner where it say's "post reply" and all the quotes you want to respond to will show up all together. Then you can respond to all of them on the same page.
Old 09-12-2012, 01:22 PM   #63  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Height: 5'4"

Dana - It's great that your doctor took the time to have that conversation with you. I am curious about how tall you are? I am about 5'4" and my goal is currently 150.

I switched doctors right before I started IP. The new doc was very supportive. She checked all of my labs and we set an appointment to come back in October to recheck and see if it's time to adjust cholesterol or drug pressure meds. It's so nice to feel like she's on my team!

I think it helps too that she acknowledged that she struggles with her weight - somehow made me more comfortable with that disucssion.

Rainbow - I will try to be in Charleston whenever the get together happens, but the holidays will be difficult. I have family in Cary, NC (near Raleigh), so I think I will try and work in a visit there and then drive the 4 hours down to Charleston. Won't do that around the holidays, though, because I want to be here with the grandbabies! Also, my oldest grandson's birthday is New Year's Eve and we usually have a sleepover that night - I'd hate to miss that!
Lizzy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:24 PM   #64  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy63 View Post

Rainbow - I will try to be in Charleston whenever the get together happens, but the holidays will be difficult. I have family in Cary, NC (near Raleigh), so I think I will try and work in a visit there and then drive the 4 hours down to Charleston. Won't do that around the holidays, though, because I want to be here with the grandbabies! Also, my oldest grandson's birthday is New Year's Eve and we usually have a sleepover that night - I'd hate to miss that!
any time!!! charleston is great anytime of the year!!!
rainbowsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:41 PM   #65  
Feed Your Freedom

"The number one reason why people
give up so fast is because they tend to look at how far
they still have to go, instead of how far they have gotten."

i read that today....and thought i'd share

Old 09-12-2012, 02:48 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 204/204/145

Height: 5' 7"

YES, a big congrats to you BlueJewel. I try to get onto the thread as much as possible but work is non-stop and getting computer time at home is getting more difficult. Must invest in a laptop.

greeniris - MEDIUMS - a foreign concept at this point in time for me - an extra special kudo for that milestone.

fishette - lol - but what a nice "letdown" - congrats
cowtownbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:49 PM   #67  

Thanks for the "dusting" - most appreciated and will put to good use!
Old 09-12-2012, 02:58 PM   #68  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy63 View Post
Dana - It's great that your doctor took the time to have that conversation with you. I am curious about how tall you are? I am about 5'4" and my goal is currently 150.

I switched doctors right before I started IP. The new doc was very supportive. She checked all of my labs and we set an appointment to come back in October to recheck and see if it's time to adjust cholesterol or drug pressure meds. It's so nice to feel like she's on my team!

I think it helps too that she acknowledged that she struggles with her weight - somehow made me more comfortable with that disucssion.

I'm 5'2 on a good day
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
"The number one reason why people
give up so fast is because they tend to look at how far
they still have to go, instead of how far they have gotten."

i read that today....and thought i'd share

So true, and something I tend to forget at times. Thank you.
Old 09-12-2012, 03:08 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 130/123/115

Height: 5'

Hello everyone,
My first weigh in today..even if most of my first week was mostly alternative.
Lost 5.5 lbs. so thrilled.
I know the rest will be slower cuz there isn't much left..but every lb counts.
Great jump start for me and I feel great.
Thank you for everyone's information and wonderful support.
This is a wonderful place, with wonderful people!!

bsaad23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:18 PM   #70  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Hello everyone,

WAY TO GO!!!!!!! yipeee!!!!
Old 09-12-2012, 04:02 PM   #71  
Feed Your Freedom

this weeks 2 lb loss, brings me to 75.5 pounds lost since may 1 and since deciding to give IP a 10 week "trial" haha this is week 19! i had wanted to lose 25 lbs in 10 weeks....and when i did that, i committed to 10 more weeks and had hoped to lose 50 pounds by the end of 20 weeks...well...here it is 19 weeks and i passed that goal with flying colors!!! to say that i am one happy chick is most definitely an understatement!! i am over the moon ecstatic!!

Last edited by rainbowsmiles; 09-12-2012 at 04:03 PM.
Old 09-12-2012, 04:23 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 130/123/115

Height: 5'

Quote:
this weeks 2 lb loss, brings me to 75.5 pounds lost since may 1 and since deciding to give IP a 10 week "trial" haha this is week 19! i had wanted to lose 25 lbs in 10 weeks....and when i did that, i committed to 10 more weeks and had hoped to lose 50 pounds by the end of 20 weeks...well...here it is 19 weeks and i passed that goal with flying colors!!! to say that i am one happy chick is most definitely an understatement!! i am over the moon ecstatic!!
WOW!!! SO impressed and happy for you!

It must be all that you sprinkle!
bsaad23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 05:03 PM   #73  

Look at you go!!!!!

Does anyone have a visual for your weight loss outside of your postings? I have an old LEGO set and for every pound lost, one Lego is placed on the base I created. It's a small visual but it works for me.

I understand some don't like their picture taken but since we are all real about our issues, having a pictoral journey could be a great incentive to see and appreciate your accomplishments. My memory is pretty short so I forget how I felt and looked in smaller clothes so I'm hoping the pictures help me remember how uncomfortable I felt in those size 16s compared to the 10s still hanging in my closet (gathering dust)!
Old 09-12-2012, 05:44 PM   #74  
8/23/12 - 1/6/13

S/C/G: 170/140/135

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
Just veggies and apples? Sounds terrible, but if it works then it's all good. Just curious, did she maintain the weight loss?
Oh, yes, and she gave herself a shot everyday of a hormone that is prevalent in pregnant women that apparently helps to feed the baby by pulling fat out of the momma's extra storage. Then if you don't loose something every day, you only eat 5 apples the next day. It worked, but really?? Give yourself a shot daily?? I'll take my mango shake with spinach shot over that anytime! And don't even ask about the cost! Still, it worked for her and she has kept it off.
Fishette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 05:55 PM   #75  
8/23/12 - 1/6/13

S/C/G: 170/140/135

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowtownbee View Post
Look at you go!!!!!

Does anyone have a visual for your weight loss outside of your postings? I have an old LEGO set and for every pound lost, one Lego is placed on the base I created. It's a small visual but it works for
What a clever idea! This also helps to remind us where we've been and why we have so much to be happy about! I don't have legos so I'll think of something else. Thanks for sharing!

Quote:
So happy to be able to give you a big cheer! You have been such a wonderful cheerleader for the rest of us. Now it's back-at-cha!

Quote:
Hello everyone,

She's on the train and heading down hill! Woot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
To quote more than one, just click on the little quote button on the bottom right corner for each post you want to respond to. When you are done reading the board you go down to the bottom left corner where it say's "post reply" and all the quotes you want to respond to will show up all together. Then you can respond to all of them on the same page.

Yea! I was wondering what that little button was for! Is there a place where they also explain what the little egg and exclamation point mean?
Fishette is offline   Reply With Quote