Old 09-14-2012, 10:02 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
i posted this in the 100% thread, but thought i'd share here too...i MISSED YOU BEAUTIFUL LADIES TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!

having a mindset to stay 100% and having ready made packets...and having an IP travel kit... most certainly = success!!

had a super fast round the clock solo driving trip to duke medical hospital for an early morning surgery for someone dear to me...
left home a little after 9pm, drove all night, get 2 hours sleep, went to hospital, then drove back home tonight!! 670 miles!!

fast fast grab and go decision...led to...

unrestricted cereal packet for car snacking on the midnight ride up...water of course!!

mocha frappuccino protein drink for am...(yes i set up my magic bullet right there in the lobby and gave it a whirl!!), then to the cafeteria for 2 hard boiled eggs minus the yokes, back to waiting room, icu, recovery, and back to cafeteria for some hot water for my proti-diet chicken noodle soup, added some steamed broccoli from the cafeteria and my grape drink in my water bottle!!

finished my grape on the way home, along with some water and some IP cinnamon puffs!!! then a plain hamburger and kale chips for supper!!

yes 4 packets....because i walked miles!! and drove all night so needed the extra protein

WHO SAYS YOU CANT STAY 100% AT THE LAST MINUTE, ON A ROAD TRIP AND AT A HOSPITAL!!! NOT ME!! woot woot!!!

Wow. Very cool!
Hope your dear obpne aid doing well.
Delgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:24 PM   #137  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
i posted this in the 100% thread, but thought i'd share here too...i MISSED YOU BEAUTIFUL LADIES TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!

having a mindset to stay 100% and having ready made packets...and having an IP travel kit... most certainly = success!!

had a super fast round the clock solo driving trip to duke medical hospital for an early morning surgery for someone dear to me...
left home a little after 9pm, drove all night, get 2 hours sleep, went to hospital, then drove back home tonight!! 670 miles!!

unrestricted cereal packet for car snacking on the midnight ride up...water of course!!

mocha frappuccino protein drink for am...(yes i set up my magic bullet right there in the lobby and gave it a whirl!!), then to the cafeteria for 2 hard boiled eggs minus the yokes, back to waiting room, icu, recovery, and back to cafeteria for some hot water for my proti-diet chicken noodle soup, added some steamed broccoli from the cafeteria and my grape drink in my water bottle!!

finished my grape on the way home, along with some water and some IP cinnamon puffs!!! then a plain hamburger and kale chips for supper!!

yes 4 packets....because i walked miles!! and drove all night so needed the extra protein

WHO SAYS YOU CANT STAY 100% AT THE LAST MINUTE, ON A ROAD TRIP AND AT A HOSPITAL!!! NOT ME!! woot woot!!!
Sorry to hear about some one close to you having surgery, but boy did you plan ahead. I am very impressed. Glad your back and hope all is well with your dear one. This reminds me next month I will have to get organized myself because my husband has to have open heart surgery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post

Dana - thank you for your guidance & encouragement re: boot camp. And I'm glad to hear you're back to P1 as well. Was a little worried about you being on it for so long.
You are more than welcome. I actually felt fine on boot camp, but just kind of hit a wall today and then when I looked back from Monday to today and realized I had only lost a pound since then, I decided I didn't need to do bootcamp for that. The only problem now is I had a regular phase 1 dinner tonight and my stomach is hurting. I think my stomach just needs to get use to more food in my tummy again.

Quote:
OMG Molly! I'm right there with you! What I wouldn't give for some cookie baking these days.....................................
Oh yeah!!
DanafromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:28 PM   #138  
8/23/12 - 1/6/13

S/C/G: 170/140/135

Height: 5' 5"

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesmyqueen View Post
Hi all you fab ladies! Are we all having a pass the LOVE around day, or what? I just love it, makes me feel all warm and fuzzie all over!!! Thank you all for sharing and caring. And now for my happy news, I'm down 4 lbs for the week, YIPPIE SKIPPY!!!! I was worried cuz last week was only down 1, so it just goes to show keep on keeping on, this works!

Nd
Thanks for sharing ... I had my 3rd WI today and lost a whopping 0.2 lbs after loosing 9 in the first 2 weeks. Sigh... It helps to read stories like yours and to see progress stats that show many folks going through similar periods. My coach is trying to find out what I'm doing wrong to explain it, but it seems like a natural ebb and flow in hearing from you all. I'm still hanging in...
Fishette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 12:01 AM   #139  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishette View Post
Thanks for sharing ... I had my 3rd WI today and lost a whopping 0.2 lbs after loosing 9 in the first 2 weeks. Sigh... It helps to read stories like yours and to see progress stats that show many folks going through similar periods. My coach is trying to find out what I'm doing wrong to explain it, but it seems like a natural ebb and flow in hearing from you all. I'm still hanging in...
It is surprising that your coach would think she has to find out what you are "doing wrong". You lost 9 pounds in the first two weeks. Surely she should realize your body is adjusting to such big loss.
Just continue on plan and you will have a satisfying loss next week.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 08:32 AM   #140  

S/C/G: 130/123/115

Height: 5'

Quote:
UGH! That certainly isn't the positive reinforcement you need. If your sticking to the plan, your not doing anything"wrong". Every body is different and to boot, generally, the more you have to loose, the you loose up front. (Why are the last 10 or 20 is so difficult to drop? Because your body is hanging on to it to make sure we have a 'reserve'.

Keep at it, you will be pleasantly surprised. Some weeks will be great and others will be slow. We all won't loose 2-3 lbs/week, every week.
Go with how you feel and pay attention to how your feeling. It's the smartest thing we can do for ourselves on any weight loss plan.
Charts and the like are not individualized. DanafromAustin spoke of having that experience a few days back.
If I went by a "chart", my '"ideal" weight makes me look like I need to be hospitalized...really.

Hang in there..it will come off..and it will be worth it!

And congratulate yourself everyday for staying OP!! Your more healthy and as Mom would have said "your patience is just getting a little exercise today, dear"
bsaad23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 08:38 AM   #141  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Good Saturday morning Fab 50s! Another beautiful sunny morning here. Looking forward to spending time outdoors after getting some housework done.

Fishette - no worries. As long as you were 100% OP this will happen from time to time. As others have said, and you know, our bodies need to 'catch up' and adjust after big losses in short periods of time. You're doing great!

Yesmyqueen - Congrats! Doesn't it feel wonderful??!!!
greeniris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 08:58 AM   #142  
8/23/12 - 1/6/13

S/C/G: 170/140/135

Height: 5' 5"

Thanks for the encouragement! I feel ready to tackle the weekend now. Everyone enjoy these lovely fall days.
Fishette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 11:04 AM   #143  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Good morning all! I am loving these cooler days here in northern MI!
I think today will be my last day of boot camp...I've lost about 3 1/2 lbs since Tuesday morning. Hopefully the losses will contine after going back to
P1 tomorrow.

I absolutely love this thread, it's the first one I check every day, and come back 2 or 3 times throughout the day. Thank you all for being so supportive of each other (and me!).

Got some bad news yesterday...my VIP has been working at a temp job that should have ended at the end of this month, with the possibility of going to the end of November. But he found out yesterday that the funding has disappeared, so tomorrow is his last day. He has been up here (northern MI) with me for over 2 years and has not been able to find a decent full time job; the job market up here is terrible. Every few months more employers are closing their doors or laying part of their work force off. He will probably end up driving back to northern IN to work as a sub-contractor for 3 - 4 days a week again. Next week we are both going to apply for a seasonal job with a new store that is opening up in November (for me this will be in addition to my regular one). Wish us luck with that!

The good news is that my foot is coming along well. I'm wearing my tennis shoes now and getting around pretty good. So looking forward to doing a good cleaning in the house this weekend. Boy does it need it! LOL VIP did quite a bit, but not the deep cleaning. Maybe we'll have a bonfire too...

Halfagain - that is absolutely AWESOME!!! So happy for you...
It's definitely feeling much more like Fall weather, where I am in Ontario, Canada too. I love it though - fresh, crisp air. Sorry to hear about your VIP's job-related concerns, but glad your foot is improving.

Quote:

Kudos Rainbow, for that terrific planning & discipline. Great job staying 100%! Hope your friend is recovering nicely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
Sorry to hear about some one close to you having surgery, but boy did you plan ahead. I am very impressed. Glad your back and hope all is well with your dear one. This reminds me next month I will have to get organized myself because my husband has to have open heart surgery.

You are more than welcome. I actually felt fine on boot camp, but just kind of hit a wall today and then when I looked back from Monday to today and realized I had only lost a pound since then, I decided I didn't need to do bootcamp for that. The only problem now is I had a regular phase 1 dinner tonight and my stomach is hurting. I think my stomach just needs to get use to more food in my tummy again.

Oh yeah!!
I don't think I'd want to do the strictness of boot camp for 1 lb either. We'll see what happens over the next few weeks though - if I stall, I may well change my mind. Also - sorry to hear that your hubby has to have open heart surgery. That surely must be a worry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaad23 View Post
UGH! That certainly isn't the positive reinforcement you need. If your sticking to the plan, your not doing anything"wrong". Every body is different and to boot, generally, the more you have to loose, the you loose up front. (Why are the last 10 or 20 is so difficult to drop? Because your body is hanging on to it to make sure we have a 'reserve'.

Keep at it, you will be pleasantly surprised. Some weeks will be great and others will be slow. We all won't loose 2-3 lbs/week, every week.
Go with how you feel and pay attention to how your feeling. It's the smartest thing we can do for ourselves on any weight loss plan.
Charts and the like are not individualized. DanafromAustin spoke of having that experience a few days back.
If I went by a "chart", my '"ideal" weight makes me look like I need to be hospitalized...really.

And congratulate yourself everyday for staying OP!! Your more healthy and as Mom would have said "your patience is just getting a little exercise today, dear"
Great post. ITA. As anyone can see by looking at my weight-loss history over the past 6 months, I certainly haven't been a speed demon. LOL. But it's coming off - slowly but surely. I consider myself to be a good example of the need to hang in there - just keep on keepin' on - and it does work. Just takes time and patience.

Quote:
Thanks for the encouragement! I feel ready to tackle the weekend now. Everyone enjoy these lovely fall days.
As I said above, just keep hangin' in there. Trust the process. It does work.
evepet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 11:39 AM   #144  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
[COLOR="Green"]
Got some bad news yesterday...my VIP has been working at a temp job that should have ended at the end of this month, with the possibility of going to the end of November. But he found out yesterday that the funding has disappeared, so tomorrow is his last day. He has been up here (northern MI) with me for over 2 years and has not been able to find a decent full time job; the job market up here is terrible. Every few months more employers are closing their doors or laying part of their work force off. He will probably end up driving back to northern IN to work as a sub-contractor for 3 - 4 days a week again. Next week we are both going to apply for a seasonal job with a new store that is opening up in November (for me this will be in addition to my regular one). Wish us luck with that!
i am sad to hear of this news. not having a steady job is so mentally taxing. hang in there. praying that things do turn around for you both and that you can get the seasonal position.

i can relate...as my dh was laid off from work after working for a company 15.5 years and agreeing to transfer with that company to another state! we endured 22 long, very long months on unemployment before he was able to get a TEMPORARY position. now, he has been at the temp position for 16 months. we have NO health benefits. NO vacation days. if he misses work he doesn't get paid. he has not missed 1 day since he started except the already scheduled trip we had in england that was agreed to before he started work with them. it was mostly a working trip, as his parents live in england and are in their late 80's so we helped them do a lot of work around the house, things like installing a chair lift, adding a loo downstairs, adding some fencing and a guide rail up the back stairs that leads to the garage....but we did get some free time as well so that was a big blessing. our economy is at very vulnerable state right now. i sure pray that good leaders can find a way to improve it. hang in there. you are a strong woman and no doubt, your vip is lucky to have your strength to help hold him up and encourage him!
rainbowsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 11:47 AM   #145  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
WOW, your good! And I'm impressed. Sounds like a crazy night for you.

Wondered if all was ok...usually see your bright posts at some point in the day. Everyday is better with a rainbow...teehee..couldn't resit!
Hope your friend is doing well

I'm gonna make me an emergency kit, just in case.
yes....make that emergency kit!!! it was such a wonderful feeling to just be able to grab it and go in a moments notice!! i try to keep things in it that will not be effected by heat and can be mostly used with just water, hot or cold, because water seems easy to acquire.

Quote:
Wow! Rainbow, you are such a strong woman, and smart too - you took some time to think through what you would need to stay 100%, including extra packets and your magic bullet! I am in awe... (Hoping your friend has a speedy recovery.)
seriously....pack yourself a grab and go tote!! all i added was my magic bullet and i was ready for up to 3 days!!! with out even giving it a thought!! already have that emergency kit REPACKED and ready should i need it again~~ which by the way is next weekend!! woot woot!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delgen View Post
Wow. Very cool!
Hope your dear one is doing well.
thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
my heart goes out to you dana....i can't imagine how difficult that will be for you. prayers are with you my friend. i am here whenever you need me!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
Kudos Rainbow, for that terrific planning & discipline. Great job staying 100%! Hope your friend is recovering nicely.
as the scouts always say, IT PLAYS TO PREPARE!!
sometimes i wish i had 2 magic bullets, one for the kitchen counter and one that could stay packed!!
Old 09-15-2012, 12:24 PM   #146  

Quote:
Shame on your coach. You have done nothing wrong other than hit the three week mark. The 3/4 week mark are notorious for a low weight loss because generally we lose so much the first two weeks. Your body is just taking a much needed break after the first two crazy weeks, and then will continue on. You are doing a great job and your body is doing exactly what it's suppose to be doing.

Quote:

Love the Mom quote, and oh so true, and your comment on losing the last 10 or 20 is so true. My body is already fighting these last 20 pounds. I think I would literally have to be really ill to lose what the weight charts say I should weigh for my height.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
Also - sorry to hear that your hubby has to have open heart surgery. That surely must be a worry.
Quote:
my heart goes out to you dana....i can't imagine how difficult that will be for you. prayers are with you my friend. i am here whenever you need me!!!
Thank you. We found out last spring that he has a genetic heart condition. He started having some symptoms last year, and just thought maybe he wasn't working out enough. He has known for about 10 years that he has a heart murmur, but that was the extent of it. After finally getting him to go see a doctor it turns out he has this genetic heart condition that wasn't caught earlier because it just progresses over the years and so never showed up on earlier EKGs. The surgery will require shaving down the heart muscle to allow a better flow of blood. We found an excellent heart surgeon, so we know he is in good hands. The Dr. recommended having the surgery now while my husband is still young and healthy. Thankfully my husband has always been thin and in good shape, so I know he will be fine, but still just want the whole thing to be over with so he doesn't have anymore symptoms and he can get back to being active again with no worries.
Old 09-15-2012, 12:39 PM   #147  

Kind of overcast with temps only in the high 70's to low 80's today, kind of unusual for a September in Austin when it should still be well into the 90's. Hopefully we can plan something fun to do the rest of the day, especially since the weather is on the cooler side.

On an IP note - I decided to put my scale in the closet. I've always been a daily weigher and have always been fine with the ups and downs. It just seems lately as I'm getting obsessed about getting into the 160's and to the 100 pound mark, that I'm starting to weigh myself more than once in the morning. Not good, and I should know better. So the scale is now in the closet and I will just have to wait till I go next Thursday for my WI. Besides, my coach's scale weighs a pound less than my scale at home anyway.

I hope everyone is enjoying their Saturday and making it a good IP day.
Old 09-15-2012, 02:09 PM   #148  

S/C/G: 206/186/160

Height: 5"2

Hey hey hey ladies just catching up with you all. Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Yesmyqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 06:26 PM   #149  
Started IP 4/13/2012

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
dana....i forget too...
and evepet....i needed to see it on the screen...to remind me...to keep my eye on the goal!!

this is the lowest weight i have seen on the scale in 20 years. i once got as low as 319 and then gave up. i do not want to give up this time. i have to have the courage to press on. i am trying to find the faith to know that i can see that 3 gone for good in my weight.
Rainbow, we all have no doubts that this will be the time you lose that 3 forever. You are rocking this program! Think of all the emotionally difficult events you have recently been through while staying OP the whole time! If you can do that, girl, you can do anything! Looking forward to seeing that 3 disappear very soon!
justbecause53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 06:32 PM   #150  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbecause53 View Post
Rainbow, we all have no doubts that this will be the time you lose that 3 forever. You are rocking this program! Think of all the emotionally difficult events you have recently been through while staying OP the whole time! If you can do that, girl, you can do anything! Looking forward to seeing that 3 disappear very soon!
omg.....THANK YOU!!! what a sweet post!! THANK YOU!!! thank you