Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 12:17 PM   #31  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by djs06 View Post
Good morning all! I just started IP today but have been lurking on this board forever (and posted a question awhile ago and you were all so helpful!)

It's cooled down here in Michigan too. I love the fall weather! Pulled out the fall smelling candles last night. Cheap thrills.. heheh.

Have a great Monday everyone!
Congrats on starting IP. Hang in there the first week, and then you will be one happy camper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delgen View Post
Don't exercise too much. I have found that too much exercise can actually affect your losses. So eating protein is more important than exercise to lose fat. Sometimes an extra egg white or two a day helps. It did me.
That's why I mostly concentrate on weight lifting as it builds muscle. Staying away from anything other than light cardio at most.
Old 09-10-2012, 12:34 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 178/174/147

Height: 5 ft 5 in

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimcoachmomma View Post
i was a little bit distracted this morning... i left the house without my pants!! im wearing a dress that comes to mid thigh which is a little shorter than I am comfortable with, so I wear legging type pants. However, I have Mastiff type dogs who are very sloobery so I dont put the leggings on first thing. Today I realized i had not put them on at all when i sat down in my car. brrr. cold leather Oh well, at least i caught it before i got all the way to work.
That is too funny, yes it is a good think you caught it before you got to work. That would of gotten you a few looks. Happy Monday
Old 09-10-2012, 12:44 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 141/141/125

Height: 5 foot 8.5 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
That's why I mostly concentrate on weight lifting as it builds muscle. Staying away from anything other than light cardio at most.
I couldn't believe how much of a difference lifting weights can make! I've started taking a weight lifting class at the gym two days a week, but have only been able to make it about 5 times.... got discouraged when I weighed at home because I appeared to be up number wise (I'm in maintenance so I watch it daily almost).

Weighed in this morning for the first time in about 6 weeks and found that while I'd gained 1.8 lbs, it was ALL muscle. I even dropped almost a lb of fat and dropped my body fat percentage one point! I was so happy to see such quick and positive results.

Dana - how are you liking this cooler weather in ATX?! It was beautiful yesterday!
Old 09-10-2012, 12:47 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 188/see tracker/120

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heitina View Post
I started dieting at 12 years old....I am now 47. I have wasted many years feeling guilty, embarrassed, ashamed....even though I feel like this, part of me wants to fail & that scares me.
I know this is more then "about the food" and I have a difficult time talking to a psychologist...cause I say whatever needs to be said...so I'm not really helping myself
I decided to see a therapist who does CranialSacral Therapy. I found it very interesting.Through this experience, I discovered that, whatever I'm feeling, I ALWAYS turn it around to the positive, therefore, I am not feeling it. Does that make any sense????
I've always thought I was a great communicator. Oh yes, I get stuff out...but rather then sitting with the uncomfortable feelings I instantly analyze it, think of the lesson that is being taught to me and spin it around into something positive.
I know that having a positive attitude is "key" but I find that my extremely positive attitude is only allowing me to surface clean and sweep everything else under the carpet (so to speak). If I don't sweep under the carpet, the weight will eventually creep back on.
Oh gosh, I hope someone understands me and I'm not just babbling incoherently
I feel like I could have written what you wrote; I also am a chronic dieter (age 11) and am now 46 (47 in a few months). I always try to be upbeat and yet I am miserable inside. I have seen therapists and feel like I'm saying the same thing over and over again. It is exhausting and there are many times I think I'll never get to the part where I am happy with me as a person. I have found Geneen Roth (author, speaker) to have some amazing insights that have helped me with my search for inner peace. Sabotage is lurking around the corner right now as I struggle to stay OP. Hang in there!
Old 09-10-2012, 12:49 PM   #35  
IP Start: 8/17/12

S/C/G: 183/150/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwbunny View Post
Good morning!! Quick question.....does anyone else eat their snack between lunch and dinner? I think that I end up eating to late and it is preventing some weight loss???
I always eat my snack between lunch and dinner...generally around 4:30 or 5:00. With lunch being about noon and dinner not till 6:30 or 7:00, I'd be starving otherwise. So far I seem to be loosing just fine. Down 13 LBS in 3 weeks.
Old 09-10-2012, 12:51 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Thanks greeniris! You really are in a nice neck of the woods!

Wingnut, everyone thought I was nuts when I moved here but I keep telling them how beautiful it is on the lake. There are so many nice places in MI. Hope you get to live up here full time soon! And hope you feel better soon. Thanks for the welcome.

DanafromAustin (hey, I like your name! that's my name too!) thanks for the welcome! Hanging in there okay so far, thankfully.

Last edited by djs06; 09-10-2012 at 12:51 PM.
Old 09-10-2012, 01:06 PM   #37  
Keeping it real!

S/C/G: 40/31/30 waist inches!

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlvr52 View Post
Good Morning Ipers. After a nice long weekend of our huge fair and wedding planning I am down another 2.6 lbs..... almost to 60 lbs lost.... wahoo. Walked around the fair with DH and although was tempted by the funnel cakes, I was actually discusted with the stand that was literally all fried food including a deep fried krispy kreme dognut cheeseburger. Gag..... I packed some snacks like a bar, and some zuc chips I made to taste like apple pie chips. My DH found me something to eat. One of the stands is a big huge burger stand. They make a plane burger cooked on onions. So I held the cooked onions and ate half the burger minus the bun. It let me feel like I got fair food without the bad juju stuff. Life is looking pretty good right now. I am supprised with my WI this morning just as TOM comes again.

Today's Quote:

“Success consists of getting up just one more time than you fall.” – Oliver Goldsmith
Great job! But OMG a "deep fried krispy kreme dognut cheeseburger" - wonder if anyone knows the stats on that? Who the heck thinks these things up anyway
Old 09-10-2012, 01:09 PM   #38  
Keeping it real!

S/C/G: 40/31/30 waist inches!

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Good morning!! Quick question.....does anyone else eat their snack between lunch and dinner? I think that I end up eating to late and it is preventing some weight loss???
I do. I can't eat dinner until 7:00 pm, sometimes later so trying to get all that in makes for too much before bed. According to my coach - you can do any of the foods at any time (as long as you're semi-spaced out), even your veggies. Keep's the furnace burning better that way :0)
Old 09-10-2012, 01:12 PM   #39  

Happy Monday everyone! I just had the IP mushroom soup with pureed sauteed mushrooms. YUM! Today is WI day for me. Keeping my fingers crossed! I've been 100% OP but you just never know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyjean View Post
I planted some lettuce as a fall "crop" haha, I could eat all I planted in 1 sitting. I'm hoping that planting it close to the house, I should get some harvest before we get a freeze in Nov.
I'm planting lettuce AND spinach. I couldn't plant anything this summer b/c I'm gone for a MONTH to Michigan. I'm hoping next year I can find someone to water while I'm gone (& take any veggies that grow!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Hi djs06,
As GreenIris knows, I'm a part time Michigander. Born and raised there, gone for many years, but have a house on a lake about 45 miles south of GreenIris, which we are on the other side of the state from Traverse City. Hope to retire there real soon. We drive up US 23 right by Ann Arbor when we come up.
I'm a displaced Michigander, living in St Louis. We spend a month in July on Grand Traverse Bay. This weekend I'll be in East Lansing at a football game!

Quote:
Good morning!! Quick question.....does anyone else eat their snack between lunch and dinner? I think that I end up eating too late and it is preventing some weight loss???
It depends on what I'm doing for dinner & when it is planned whether I have my snack in the afternoon or evening. Today I was SUPER HUNGRY so I went ahead this afternoon. If I need a snack, I'll have a collagen later.

Last edited by lisa32989; 09-10-2012 at 03:05 PM.
Old 09-10-2012, 01:12 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Hello IPeeps,

Too Funny Swimmomma. I love Mastiff's, never had one, but had a Shar-Pei mix and the Vet thought Mastiff, she wasn't that big 65 lbs, but her brother (my sister rescued her brother) was huge and by 9 months was 125 lbs and looked like a mastiff. I love big dogs, before her we had 2 Old English sheepdogs (brother & sister) they were wonderful.

I spent most of yesterday afternoon in my sewing room, although I finished a purse & a table runner that I had started a long time ago, there is still just too many unfinished projects lol. Hubby is from Buffalo and was disappointed (once again) that his Bills lost.

This week we have "Supper Club" at our house, we do this 1x/month and rotate houses. The "supper" always has a theme. This months is greek, it will be hard making spanakopikia & baklava and not sampling, I am going to buy some gum to chew. I will have a big salad with some chicken, while my guests feast away.... I am nervous, not gonna lie to ya......

Beautiful weather here in upstate NY, windows open fall candle burning, taking advantage, it is going up to mid 80's by middle of week, which won't be too bad, because it cools down at night. Have a great day, I just finished a protein bar & grilled zuke!
Old 09-10-2012, 01:36 PM   #41  
IP Newbie

S/C/G: 180/136/130

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
Delgen - P3 already!?! That is awesome!!!! Congratulations to you!

djs06 - about 45 minutes east of Traverse City, on I-75. And a belated Welcome to MI!

vwbunny - I eat my snack between lunch & dinner. Lunch is usually 11:30 - noon, snack about 4, and supper around 7. If I know I'll have supper earlier, I'll have my snack later in the evening.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbl70 View Post
I always eat my snack between lunch and dinner...generally around 4:30 or 5:00. With lunch being about noon and dinner not till 6:30 or 7:00, I'd be starving otherwise. So far I seem to be loosing just fine. Down 13 LBS in 3 weeks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyangie View Post
I do. I can't eat dinner until 7:00 pm, sometimes later so trying to get all that in makes for too much before bed. According to my coach - you can do any of the foods at any time (as long as you're semi-spaced out), even your veggies. Keep's the furnace burning better that way :0)
Thanks so much everyone!! That definately helps!! My coach said if I wasn't losing much that that may help!! Worth I try.....WI is Wednesday so hopefully a good loss this week
Old 09-10-2012, 01:53 PM   #42  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
Hello IPeeps,

Too Funny Swimmomma. I love Mastiff's, never had one, but had a Shar-Pei mix and the Vet thought Mastiff, she wasn't that big 65 lbs, but her brother (my sister rescued her brother) was huge and by 9 months was 125 lbs and looked like a mastiff. I love big dogs, before her we had 2 Old English sheepdogs (brother & sister) they were wonderful.

I spent most of yesterday afternoon in my sewing room, although I finished a purse & a table runner that I had started a long time ago, there is still just too many unfinished projects lol. Hubby is from Buffalo and was disappointed (once again) that his Bills lost.

This week we have "Supper Club" at our house, we do this 1x/month and rotate houses. The "supper" always has a theme. This months is greek, it will be hard making spanakopikia & baklava and not sampling, I am going to buy some gum to chew. I will have a big salad with some chicken, while my guests feast away.... I am nervous, not gonna lie to ya......

Beautiful weather here in upstate NY, windows open fall candle burning, taking advantage, it is going up to mid 80's by middle of week, which won't be too bad, because it cools down at night. Have a great day, I just finished a protein bar & grilled zuke!
spanakopikia & baklava! Ohhh.... that would be very hard for me, to make it (not that I ever have - I just love to eat it when somebody else has made it ) and not be able to enjoy it. I love both of them. Have fun... Be Strong!
Old 09-10-2012, 01:56 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Thanks evepet
Old 09-10-2012, 01:58 PM   #44  
IP Start 9/5/12

S/C/G: 195/167/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyangie View Post
So nice to here I can eat my snack between lunch and dinner. Because of work, I have a long wait between lunch and dinner and I get shakey and light headed. Then, eating dinner at seven, like you Angie, it's a lot to cram in and don't like going to bed that full.
Old 09-10-2012, 02:22 PM   #45  
started IP sept 5th 2012

S/C/G: 216/206/145

Hello everyone!!!! Well I just completed my first weekend on IP and I think it is the hardest diet EVER to be on! I had a baptism then a date on Saturday.....and it is so hard to stay on plan!!!! I feel so resrticted! I feel like I completed failed on Saturday......Thursday will be my 1 week and I feel like I will not lose a pound. I have been following everything except for Sat night! Feeling very discouraged and limited!!!!!
Closed Thread