Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 05:02 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
9 carbs is the threshold. I eat the Detour bars, and by the time I deduct the fiber and sugar alcohols, I'm left with bars that are only 1 to 3 net carbs.
So, I need to deduct the fiber and sugar alcohol and come to a net carb #? And based on that the ones you have are unrestricted?
Old 09-05-2012, 05:11 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlvr52 View Post
Good morning everyone.
Looking FAB!!!
Old 09-05-2012, 05:13 PM   #78  

I'm knd of new here, just started IP (alternative) on Monday. I'll be reading the daily threads for ideas and just to "meet" you all. You're all very inspiring!

How do you find the net carb number of items?

Jenn
Old 09-05-2012, 05:14 PM   #79  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaBoBanna View Post
Hi everyone!

Got home from vacation on Monday and was not 100% It was a lot harder than I was planning, but I tried. Did a lot of hiking, a lot of swimming and when I got home I was the same weight :-/ I have eaten strictly since then, no restricteds, TONS of water, and I think I've lost a couple lbs.

WI is in a bit, keeping my fingers crossed!!
Good luck, Annie Bannanie!
Exercise can slow you down some too. Glad you are picking up where you left off!
Old 09-05-2012, 05:17 PM   #80  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
I have a NSV to share. I have been at my goal for a month now, but my DD age 17 hugged me last night (I don't get hugs from her very often) and she said, "Oh my gosh you feel so small when I put my arms around you." That made me feel better than any scale ever could

Here's to the little things in life
Wow. You will be able to hang on to that for a long time to come. My son, who is 27, really noticed too. He has Attention Deficit, so it is hard for him to recognize things. But he really did, and gave me such a nice compliment.
Love those little things.
Old 09-05-2012, 05:33 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabrog View Post
I'm knd of new here, just started IP (alternative) on Monday. I'll be reading the daily threads for ideas and just to "meet" you all. You're all very inspiring!

How do you find the net carb number of items?

Jenn
Welcome! I began alternatives on P4 and am just learning how to figure out net carbs!! LOL I just asked the same question as you. I was told 9 grams of carbs is the threshold and you take total carbs and subtract two things (I think) I just posted back on my other post trying to get confirmation/clarification.

I'm rebooting in P4 using alternatives and they work just as well as the IP foods...the only difference is my bank account isn't crying as much!!!
Old 09-05-2012, 05:38 PM   #82  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddd849 View Post
I am a little discouraged today. I have my WI tomorrow as my coach will be away Fridayand so far my home scale ony shows 2lbs lost. I am still big enough that I would hope for bigger numbers. I have been 100% OP.

Hope I sees bit more come off tonight. After my 2nd WI I was down 15 lbs. I was hoping to hit the 20 lb mark this week. But I guesses long as I follow te plan the weight will one off.

Hav a great day everyone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddpaddler View Post
continue to be frustrated wtih the lack of weight coming off. My WI will be tomorrow and I haven't lost anything this week on my home scale. i am on week 6. I have a reward pair of new zip off pants hanging on the closet door when I lost 3 more lbs. The fit now, but the reward was for the weight loss.
Well, Wuv beat me to it, but you just need to know that if you follow the program, the pounds will come off. Don't expect big losses every week. You body needs some time to adjust some weeks. Just stay 100% and it will all work out in the end...and in good time.

For now, just think of yourselves as practicing and improving your skills for when you get on maintenance. You won't have the losses to keep you going then, so find a different way to motivate yourselves in the mean time.

Be kind to your selves, PEEPS!
See what AnnaBoBanna experienced below?
And Imescaping has a great attitude about it too.

Just keep on program...and put away your scale if you have to. There is no sense getting so discouraged.

Someone said a few days ago: Put your big-girl panties on!

Quote:
Holy crap! I had WI#6 today and lost 4.8 lbs!

I wasn't expecting that at ALL. The whoosh fairy must have visited me because yesterday the scale said I was down 0! I am amazed that it happened practically overnight. My coach was ecstatic and I had her do the calculations a few times!

Wow, just wow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Im escaping View Post
Wuv is right...of course!!

I weigh in tomorrow, but I don't need to WI to know that I am losing. (And in all the places I wasn't looking for). So my suggestion if you are doubting the process is to take a good look at the nsv's, because they usually mean a lot more than the scale does.

For example, my butt is now saggy in most of my pants that fit my waist; great! LOL

And my boots can be zipped ALL the way up! Which, again while nice, why is my belly so resistant to change?? Nobody else knows my calves are losing weight, it's not like I announced that my boots were partially undone before.

Oh, well I am soooo excited to know that my body is losing fat, (even if i would prioritize which fat differently), and I know that by staying OP its been figured out for me, and I will continue to lose over the long term.
Old 09-05-2012, 05:38 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 145/124.8/120

Height: 5'2.5"

Now that I'm on Phase 2, my couch let me legally introduce in restricteds. OMG, the southwest cheese curls! Love them! Love that it took me 30 minutes to eat them!

I'm off on a mini-vacation tomorrow. I'm nervous! But I packed some packets last night, and I will just have to do the best I can.

I really like the packets and am resisting that second "real" meal. Part of it is probably that I'm not quite to goal.

Speaking of packets, I ordered a bunch of stuff from Nashua last night.
Old 09-05-2012, 05:39 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 145/124.8/120

Height: 5'2.5"

Coach!!!! I've made that typo before!
Old 09-05-2012, 05:46 PM   #85  

Had a strange pre-IP like experience this afternoon.

I started school today---teaching at my university. I teach a lot of online, and work at home a lot. But I also teach class face to face on MWFs. Then at 2:00 I head for home.
Last year, and for years before that, I would come home, HUNGRY and eat a snack or 5.
After being home all summer, and really getting control of my life and my eating habits, I was never hungry, so no need to even think about afternoon snack.
But today on my way home the old habits sort of kicked in. It is just the old HABIT, right?
I just told myself (a good tool, by the way...I recommend we all talk to ourselves) "You cannot be hungry. You never had snacks in the afternoon all summer. You will not snack. Period".
Habits hard to break. I was really surprised that my body was telling me I was hungry, when I KNEW I was not.
Old 09-05-2012, 05:50 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 166/ticker/120

Height: 5'5

Hey everyone! I'm so excited to be starting IP again! I originally stopped about a month ago before my wedding because I didn't want to loose too much weight or my dress wouldn't fit! I have to say, wedding was beautiful and I am so excited to be married and starting this new chapter in my life! I'm also really looking forward to connecting with fellow IPers again!

Only two days back on IP and the temptations have started! We had a cake cutting ceremony for an admiral who was retiring and let me tell you, I wanted that cake in the worst way. I had to put two floors between myself and the cake or I would have been walking back to my desk with different flavors of cake. Just had to keep reminding myself that I want good health rather than good cake!
Old 09-05-2012, 05:51 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 231/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delgen View Post
Wow. You will be able to hang on to that for a long time to come. My son, who is 27, really noticed too. He has Attention Deficit, so it is hard for him to recognize things. But he really did, and gave me such a nice compliment.
Love those little things.
Amen on the little gifts....
Old 09-05-2012, 05:58 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 257.4/203.2/185

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delgen View Post
Had a strange pre-IP like experience this afternoon.

I started school today---teaching at my university. I teach a lot of online, and work at home a lot. But I also teach class face to face on MWFs. Then at 2:00 I head for home.
Last year, and for years before that, I would come home, HUNGRY and eat a snack or 5.
After being home all summer, and really getting control of my life and my eating habits, I was never hungry, so no need to even think about afternoon snack.
But today on my way home the old habits sort of kicked in. It is just the old HABIT, right?
I just told myself (a good tool, by the way...I recommend we all talk to ourselves) "You cannot be hungry. You never had snacks in the afternoon all summer. You will not snack. Period".
Habits hard to break. I was really surprised that my body was telling me I was hungry, when I KNEW I was not.
I can definitely relate to this. The other day I stopped at the local convenience store for a bottle of water and found myself over at the ice cream and chips! I really wanted a bag of doritos and some ice cream, but I knew I had just eaten dinner at work.

Old habits die hard and then play with your mind. I'm struggling with mind hunger vs real hunger. I usually know now that I am truly hungry when I get a headache or can feel it in my stomach. Then I eat. But sometimes I drive by a pizza place and want to stop...

It's going to take a long time and a tough will but we can do it!
Old 09-05-2012, 05:59 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 257.4/203.2/185

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnybride2be View Post
Hey everyone! I'm so excited to be starting IP again! I originally stopped about a month ago before my wedding because I didn't want to loose too much weight or my dress wouldn't fit! I have to say, wedding was beautiful and I am so excited to be married and starting this new chapter in my life! I'm also really looking forward to connecting with fellow IPers again!

Only two days back on IP and the temptations have started! We had a cake cutting ceremony for an admiral who was retiring and let me tell you, I wanted that cake in the worst way. I had to put two floors between myself and the cake or I would have been walking back to my desk with different flavors of cake. Just had to keep reminding myself that I want good health rather than good cake!
Good health for your new life together!! Welcome back!
Old 09-05-2012, 06:03 PM   #90  

Quote:
I can definitely relate to this. The other day I stopped at the local convenience store for a bottle of water and found myself over at the ice cream and chips! I really wanted a bag of doritos and some ice cream, but I knew I had just eaten dinner at work.

Old habits die hard and then play with your mind. I'm struggling with mind hunger vs real hunger. I usually know now that I am truly hungry when I get a headache or can feel it in my stomach. Then I eat. But sometimes I drive by a pizza place and want to stop...

It's going to take a long time and a tough will but we can do it!
the mind is a strange and wondrous thing!
Closed Thread