Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 11:11 AM   #31  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlvr52 View Post
Thanks... I even had to share that one with my co-workers... it made me laugh. Since I started IP out of the 10 people on my floor 7 of us have moved to a healthy lifestyle. Pretty cool I say...

Did you see the picture I put up yesterday for you?
AWWWWWWWWWWWwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!
i missed it...thank you for bringing it to my attention!!!!

that is just the sweetest thing!!

i have been writing my name in the sand since i was a young girl!! let's just say....my home life was not the best, so i started writing my name in the sand, just at the water's edge...so that when the waves came in, they could wash over me, symbolically of course, and wash all my troubles out to sea!! i really think thats why i'm such a happy go lucky person!!!

to this day....nothing soothes my troubled soul, like a walk on the beach, a soft uttered prayer and writing my name in the sand!!

YOU ROCK!! THAT MADE MY DAY!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-05-2012, 11:24 AM   #32  
~Tara~

S/C/G: 258/ticker/135

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
I have a NSV to share. I have been at my goal for a month now, but my DD age 17 hugged me last night (I don't get hugs from her very often) and she said, "Oh my gosh you feel so small when I put my arms around you." That made me feel better than any scale ever could

Here's to the little things in life
That is an awesome NSV!
Old 09-05-2012, 11:37 AM   #33  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
I have a NSV to share. I have been at my goal for a month now, but my DD age 17 hugged me last night (I don't get hugs from her very often) and she said, "Oh my gosh you feel so small when I put my arms around you." That made me feel better than any scale ever could

Cute!
Old 09-05-2012, 11:45 AM   #34  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Good morning everyone. After a great weekend I realized that I need a vacation from my vacation. Bunking all weekend with my 2 year old nephew is hilarious. I used a sleep mask to block out the light of his night light and Monday morning he wabbles over to my bed and taps my head and said" Bramby... hat off" he then proceeded to pull it off my head and say " I awake" it probably was one of the funniest things he said all weekend.

For those of you who are not sure if a dehydrator is the thing to use.... you are wrongity wrong. I think the best tools for this program are a magic bullet/ninja, a George forman grill, a mandolin slicer and a dehydrator. Since it is September it's Beef Jerky making season in the Sampson house. My DH and I make a ton of it to pass out to the boys going hunting during the fall as well as to friends and family who like it. We get orders as early as January for specific amounts. and flavors. Right now we have one batch in the dehydrator and 2 more marinating. When I get home I am going to make my personal favorite.... Ginger Lime with a jerk seasoning rub.... tasty.

Anyhoo.... Here's todays quote:

My world is expanding as my butt is shrinking!

Now how many of us will be able and now are able to celebrate this fact?
Well I'm now the proud owner of 3 out of the 4 items you mentioned. Think I'll wait on the grill. Love your new pictures. You are doing great!

Quote:

Love your new avatar, and what a sweet NSV, especially coming from a teenager.

Happy Wednesday everyone!
Old 09-05-2012, 11:49 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

mooselover, that's awesome! And I love your new avatar pic!

I was fortunate to have a great WI yesterday - 6.8lbs! Was the whoosh I'd been waiting for since going off the iron supplements. Takes me to 115 even lost - so exciting! Hard to believe that I'm only 33 from goal and 14 from onederland....just doesn't seem possible!

Oh, and a friend convinced me to join her and take a Learn to Run class starting next month. Talked it over with my coach and she's okay with it. Now what have I done!? In my head all I can see is the 328lb fat girl trying to run. My fave saying used to be 'if you see me running...call the police'. But no more, I suppose!

Hope everyone has a great Wednesday!
Old 09-05-2012, 11:52 AM   #36  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyjean View Post
Glad you all were ok after the storm. IP is a way of life! Looks like you and I both have exactly 20 left to go. I lose slowely, but I will get there. Know you will, too!
I lose slowly too dizzyjean - but like you, I'm getting there bit by bit. That's the main things.

Quote:
Good morning everyone. After a great weekend I realized that I need a vacation from my vacation. Bunking all weekend with my 2 year old nephew is hilarious. I used a sleep mask to block out the light of his night light and Monday morning he wabbles over to my bed and taps my head and said" Bramby... hat off" he then proceeded to pull it off my head and say " I awake" it probably was one of the funniest things he said all weekend.

For those of you who are not sure if a dehydrator is the thing to use.... you are wrongity wrong. I think the best tools for this program are a magic bullet/ninja, a George forman grill, a mandolin slicer and a dehydrator. Since it is September it's Beef Jerky making season in the Sampson house. My DH and I make a ton of it to pass out to the boys going hunting during the fall as well as to friends and family who like it. We get orders as early as January for specific amounts. and flavors. Right now we have one batch in the dehydrator and 2 more marinating. When I get home I am going to make my personal favorite.... Ginger Lime with a jerk seasoning rub.... tasty.

Anyhoo.... Here's todays quote:

Now how many of us will be able and now are able to celebrate this fact?
Love the quote - and love the shrinking butt too! Also loved your pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Soooo I can still type but I can not see very well. Thank goodness for that keyboarding class in high school! Had an eye exam today and my eyes were dilated around 0830. It is getting better but I can not read my email, my phone display or my computer screen. I have a 1030 meeting and will not be able to read my notes! Oh well.
I must have missed something... have you been having earlier problems with your eyes? Hope the Doc is able to sort things out pronto for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sus View Post
Good morning all! WI yesterday and down 3 more pounds. Struggled for a couple of weeks with feeling down and tender breasts, but my coach said as we release fat cells which store everything from hormones to pesticides...it can effect us mentally and physically. Was wondering what the heck I've gotten myself into, but it has passed and I feel good. A little concerned for the next week or so, off with girl friends this weekend and then off to Victoria,BC for the remainder of the week. There will be wine involved, tough to pass it up. Any suggestions? Feel like I'm making good progress and want to keep it moving. Love this site, always good inspiration. Have a great day!
...would also like some guidance on posting the tracker. Can't seem to get it posted.
The 'everything - from hormones to pesticides' being released is one of the reasons why it's so important to keep thoroughly hydrated with lots of water during this diet process. Flush all that Krap out, along with the fat. As to the wine situation, I sometimes have a club soda with lots of ice, then squeeze some MIO into it. The carbonation makes it feel more festive, and of course it keeps me OP. I've also read here of some who pour their chocolate or other RTD over ice in a short glass and sip - a substitute liqueur over ice.

Quote:

What a lovely NSV. You look so good mooselover. I recall seeing a pic of your daugher a while back, and I can't help but think you must be about the same size now? So slim and trim. Beautiful.

This was WI day for me, and thankfully my scale has started moving again - I'm down a pound today. Also dropped 1.5% in my Body Fat % which is great - BMI also down. Muscle % stayed the same...Body Age moved down another year... all very good things. Around 173-175 has been a weight I've hung at quite a bit during my life, so I'm not that surprised that it's taking some effort to get below it. I've noticed that in previous times when I've dieted down to 140 or so, and started regaining, the 170-175 range was a range that I often stayed in with minimum effort...unfortunately, with menopause and whatever additional bad eating habits I allowed into my life during the past ten years or so, I escalated up to my highest ever weight of 209.

Had a long day yesterday. I work from home most of the time, and yesterday I needed to spend the day at my hqs in Toronto - that means I leave home at 7am or so and don't get back until 7:30pm. But I stayed OP, so I'm proud of myself. I kept reminding myself that today was WI day, and I didn't want to mess it up. Hardest part was getting enough water in consistently through the day, as bathroom facilities while commuting aren't the best... and we all know the 'need a bathroom - fast' routine.

My dieting blog has definitely turned into a great hobby for me. Few things are occuping so much of my attention right now as my dieting effort, so it made sense to give in to my urge to create an informative site and blog about it. It focuses on helping those who decide to go the alternative product route make good choices, etc. It's now in reasonable shape, but will be a work-in-progress for some time. I'd love it if any of you would click in and visit. The link is below in my signature line.

That's it for me for now. I hope everyone has a great OP day.
Old 09-05-2012, 11:53 AM   #37  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post

I was fortunate to have a great WI yesterday - 6.8lbs! Was the whoosh I'd been waiting for since going off the iron supplements. Takes me to 115 even lost - so exciting! Hard to believe that I'm only 33 from goal and 14 from onederland....just doesn't seem possible!

Oh, and a friend convinced me to join her and take a Learn to Run class starting next month. Talked it over with my coach and she's okay with it. Now what have I done!? In my head all I can see is the 328lb fat girl trying to run. My fave saying used to be 'if you see me running...call the police'. But no more, I suppose!

Amazing job divajen - fantastic! Hope you enjoy the Learn to Run class.
Old 09-05-2012, 11:55 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/180

Mooselover thats great. Have to love those small victories!

Hope everyones having a great week! Unfortunately it's my monday. ick. Case of the Mondays, had a hard time getting out of bed today, hahah could lay here all day. I'm set for quite a long week span of shift work. Not looking forward to it but simultaneously am at the same time. Keeps my mind off the boyfriend being away for two weeks, and gets some extra cash in my pocket. Also, I find I stay OP wayyyy easier when I'm working, which is humorous because working in a restaurant used to be my downfall. If anything its a turn off now.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 09-05-2012, 11:58 AM   #39  
Start IP (again) 7/31/13

S/C/G: 231.2/224.4/131

Height: 5'4"

I never knew how much just reading this forum help me on a daily bases. I'm not much of a poster, but being on here everyday keeps me sane. We went camping in our trailer this weekend, had no internet connection. I'm already horrible about getting my water in when we use the trailer (not sure why that is), but it was rainy, and if it wasn't raining, it was humid and yucky outside. So just seeing my family eat what ever they wanted got to me, and when I was alone I had a mini binge on animal crackers and chips. Not much, but enough to knock me out of ketosis.

So we are back home, I'm back to 100%, have a headache that won't go away (actually I'm not taking anything to make it go away, it is my lesson to myself).

Had WI #8 today, down 1.6. I'll take it, it actually surprised me. But I was really pushing the water yesterday trying to get the bad stuff flushed through.

My husband wanted to go camping again this weekend, I said he could go, but I wasn't. I need a while to get back to my routine. I don't know why I can't handle something different very well, I even planned everthing out for going camping. All my veggies were sliced and ready to eat, precooked some things so I would only have to warm them up. I just caved into emotion, I wasn't hungry, just almost feeling depressed. It didn't help that TOM came knocking on the door the day after getting there.

Sigh...Well it is behind me now, moving on, had a great 100% day yesterday, and will continue to do so. Looking forward to next weeks weigh in, I will hit and pass the 30 pound loss mark!!!
Old 09-05-2012, 11:59 AM   #40  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
Well I'm now the proud owner of 3 out of the 4 items you mentioned. Think I'll wait on the grill. Love your new pictures. You are doing great!

Love your new avatar, and what a sweet NSV, especially coming from a teenager.

Happy Wednesday everyone!
For me, a waffle iron was also a big plus. I find it much handier than making pancakes, and mine has replaceable sandwich grills & waffle grills so I should get lots of use out of it. I make waffles about 3x/week, if not more. Come to think of it that sounds like a good idea for lunch today.

I've also got 3 of the 4 on tigerlvr's list - but I've got the George Forman grill and no dehydrator as yet. I love the idea of making my own dried veggie chips, etc. (and once in maintenance fruit chips) but have limited counter and/or storage space in my apartment... and much as it sounds like a healthy option, I'm not sure I'd use it consistently enough to warrant the expense. I'll be at this at least until Christmas, and it will be interesting to hear everyone's stories through these coming months. I may convince myself and splurge - or it may end up on Santa's 'Wish List'.

Last edited by evepet; 09-05-2012 at 12:01 PM.
Old 09-05-2012, 12:02 PM   #41  
~Tara~

S/C/G: 258/ticker/135

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:

I was fortunate to have a great WI yesterday - 6.8lbs! Was the whoosh I'd been waiting for since going off the iron supplements. Takes me to 115 even lost - so exciting!
Round numbers are so gratifying, aren't they? Congrats on all your success!
Old 09-05-2012, 12:08 PM   #42  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:

WOW!!! divajen...your journey inspires me every day. having so far to go...i often get discouraged and find reading the threads helpful and encouraging. knowing there is someone else making it happen, gives me strength to keep trying another day!! when i started i certainly didn't REALLY expect this to work for ME...because nothing else has worked in the past...but here i am being inspired by you to keep on because maybe, maybe i might actually really see a 2 in front my weight, something i have not seen in over 25 years!!

thank you for being YOU!! thank you for sharing your journey!!
i am in awe!!!!!!!
Old 09-05-2012, 12:12 PM   #43  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

So - I bought a dehydrator at BB&Beyond yesterday with my 20% off coupon: http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/prod...8&KSKU=113612&
I plan on doing some yellow & zucchini squash chips tonight, maybe throw some kale in while I'm at it. I am thinking I will need to order the extra trays though - since I like to be 'efficient' with my time in the kitchen and would rather just pump out mega-batches of chips when I make them. I will see how many I can turn out this first run.

And I ALSO just ordered an Omrom scale off Amazon for $61 (free shipping!). My coach informed me that the meetings, weights, & measurements are free for life in maintenance, as often as I'd like - but after the 1st month of Phase 4, the BCA is $20 - so I figured I'd just go get one of those fancy scales and keep track myself as often as I like. http://www.amazon.com/Omron-HBF-514C.../dp/B0020MMCDE

And now scanning the daily I want a FITBIT! LOL - will the gadgets never cease!

Just a quick note from yesterdays thread - I also had plantar fasciitis (along with a right torn ACL, 3 misaligned vertebra-aka spondylolysthesis -> causes 2 bulging disks which aggravates 2 nerves running down my right leg). I was waking up every morning in pain having to stretch out my right heel (and also had constant, chronic back pain) - I have been pain free since ~month 2 of IP, and recently took up running again and have had NO heel pain (I am doing 4.5 miles 3x/week). Our bodies are amazing, give it the chance and things will turn around! It's amazing how much better life can be with NO PAIN!!! I still have to watch out with my knee when I do certain moves - but I can now wear heels, etc. and have no chronic popping, locking, aching (my medical line Crocs are collecting dust - wore them every day for over 4 years).

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
HA! The early bird gets on the first page! Being a "night owl" is SUCKING badly because these mornings come too early! I won't be able to check out all the IP news until way later but I hope everyone has a great day. I'm trying to "eat all my veggies" so last night I put turnips in the crock pot -- fairly big chunks-- with some broth and threw in WF maple syrup, thinking it may remove some of the strong taste. IT DID! They were quite nice and sweet this morning but still firm (I suspected as much) so I drained the "sweet liquid and added my red pepper veggie puree that had some spice to it, and some chicken chunks... Looking forward to a yummy supper already! I'm going to see if anyone in the family notices they are not potatoes! Tomorrow's menu, Shepherd's Pie with faux potatoes. I'll get veggies into those boys yet!(Evil laughter...mwah, ha, ha...!)
Yeah - I am going to be turning into a permanent night owl soon - I am back on my 'old program' today - but am phasing off of it into my black-hole no unclass PC program eventually full-time. I'm working on turning my son into a veggie-holic early (he's 2 years old). My hubby appreciates healthy meals, so it's a good setup for my test kitchen when I have willing subjects!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof3girls View Post
My little one wanted to try some asparagus and vinegar slaw from my plate last night, she is the pickest of the 3, and she ate it all. One little victory at a time
GET THEM EARLY!!!! That's an awesome victory!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmstacy View Post
Good morning All! I bought a fitbit yesterday,it is the neatest little thing..I didn't realize how far away I am from the goal of 10,000 steps a day..I plan to work on increasing my steps daily to work towards that goal..It is a great motivational tool..does anyone have one? would be nice if we could be friends on fitbit to.. I hope everyone has a great OP day 1
Well - now I must get one - we can be buddies!

Quote:
LOVE THE QUOTE!!!

Quote:

LOL...call 9-1-1! That's a funny saying....and Congrats On The WHOOSH!!!! That's awesome! And off the iron supplements too - should make things run smoother too...wow, you are really unstoppable now...
Old 09-05-2012, 12:20 PM   #44  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
So - I bought a dehydrator at BB&Beyond yesterday with my 20% off coupon: http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/prod...8&KSKU=113612&
I plan on doing some yellow & zucchini squash chips tonight, maybe throw some kale in while I'm at it. I am thinking I will need to order the extra trays though - since I like to be 'efficient' with my time in the kitchen and would rather just pump out mega-batches of chips when I make them. I will see how many I can turn out this first run.

And I ALSO just ordered an Omrom scale off Amazon for $61 (free shipping!). My coach informed me that the meetings, weights, & measurements are free for life in maintenance, as often as I'd like - but after the 1st month of Phase 4, the BCA is $20 - so I figured I'd just go get one of those fancy scales and keep track myself as often as I like. http://www.amazon.com/Omron-HBF-514C.../dp/B0020MMCDE

And now scanning the daily I want a FITBIT! LOL - will the gadgets never cease!
my fiancee is such a HIP SMART SEXY BEAUTIFUL LADY!!
i'm so lucky!!
Old 09-05-2012, 12:54 PM   #45  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Good Morning All...

Well... im excited...I feel like crap and feel as bloated as a whale but im excited. I get to take my DD to her first day of StrongStart(age infant -5) She has become so much more social since turning 2 and so im excited to see how she will talk and interact with the kids. I wish i could weigh myself but alas, i will not...With TOM around, its pointless...so im hoping that in a week..not only will i be down 40..but closer to 45..We shall see..

Keep it real IPEEPS.
Closed Thread