3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Wednesday 09/05/2012 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/265714-ip-daily-chat-wednesday-09-05-2012-a.html)

ShellyT 09-05-2012 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnaBoBanna (Post 4459088)
Thanks so much! It was from my vacation in NH this past weekend. It's beautiful in the mountains!

We wer just there a week ago! Beautiful place!

IPdivajen 09-05-2012 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnaBoBanna (Post 4458886)
Thank you!! I did a dance and called my mom this morning LOL. I've been forcing him onto the scale every few days and this morning was the day!! He says he's going to start eating nothing but salads to catch up to me...

Haha - too funny! I love that he's having fun with this too - keeps you both on your toes!

IPdivajen 09-05-2012 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lizzy63 (Post 4459074)
Don't remember who it was, but I want to thank whoever made the suggestion about using a bra strap extender while working your way down. Good bras for well-endowed girls are $60 - 90, so I did not want to have to replace one every 10 pounds! I've already shrunk out of several. Was able to get a smaller size (band and cup) and make it work with an extender, so it should last me longer - hopefully almost to goal. I am happy today!

Of course, when I get to goal I'm going to have a lengthy lingerie shopping spree! :)

Yay! It totally changed my world and got me soooooo much more use out of my bras. Woot!

locopollo 09-05-2012 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IP43 (Post 4459071)
Did you choose not to have restricteds Phase 1? I'm allowed one a day -- and don't dare try to take that choc. bar away from me! LOL

Nope, at my clinic they don't allow restricteds in Phase 1. In Phase 2, they're introduced. But I had some IP peanut butter bars I bought online (heaven) and some Pure Protein bars. I probably had two a week on Phase 1.

I have a bad snack habit in the afternoons at work that I have been dealing with (ignoring) and also a wine habit in the evenings after work. I didn't drink for three months this summer. It amazes me how that desire is so ingrained in my brain. Silly brain.

WingnutandMe 09-05-2012 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IPdivajen (Post 4459136)
Haha - too funny! I love that he's having fun with this too - keeps you both on your toes!

WOW. Another set of new pics. You look soooooooo good now. Congrats.

Molly

fam4me 09-05-2012 08:44 PM

WI tonight and down 1.5 pounds. Congrats to everyone on the WI's, the NSV's and hope and strength to those who are struggling.

usmcvet 09-05-2012 08:44 PM

My babie Kylie (4) is sick along with her big brother Jack (10) and big sister Destini (7). all three have fevers. I hope they're not getting the flu I had a few weeks ago!

Kylie likes to play with my watch.

http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/a...19BF2EC878.jpg

locopollo 09-05-2012 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnaBoBanna (Post 4459079)
Ooh excellent idea! I've been wearing my partially empty bras for a while now. I worked 16-hours yesterday and they were awkwardly chafing my underarms. I may go out and buy a new (cheap) bra and extenders!!

Those bras are excellent for golf, if you play. ;) You can keep a few spares in your cups.

locopollo 09-05-2012 08:48 PM

Dang Jen! Look at your slender face and no double chin! :carrot:

Vet, congrats on the smaller watch band! What a fun place to measure! Hope the kiddos feel better soon.

SMB 09-05-2012 08:52 PM

Hi! I've seen lots of people make soups and use broths (or use broths in other non-soup recipes). I checked out the nutritional information and there is fat and carbs in almost every brand. Am I missing out on something? I thought that if it wasn't on our list, it needed to be 0/0/0. Thank you!

Missdee18 09-05-2012 08:55 PM

Hadn't posted in a while. Everyone was so inspiring today. 100% OP. Last week was rough with a hurricane. Things are now back to normal.

Porthardygurl 09-05-2012 09:04 PM

Just need to vent...im so mad today! Dont know if its that im mad at me or mad at the circumstance or what..

So ive been OP since the beginning and i have now officially lost over 40#s and my husband definitly notices it...Well.. im out in the community at the local cafe getting my daughter a smoothie.and i bump into three different people i know at three different times...and NOT ONE said anything about my weight loss..not one made a comment or anything...AND ITS LIKE WTH!!! CMON I WORKED MY FREAKING A$$ OFF !!! AT LEAST NOTICE A LITTLE BIT!!!

Thats my rant for today. It just makes me want to quit..like what is the point of being on this freaking diet if no one even notices the difference.. i mine as well go back to being fat.

-End of rant!

IPdivajen 09-05-2012 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by locopollo (Post 4459160)
Nope, at my clinic they don't allow restricteds in Phase 1. In Phase 2, they're introduced. But I had some IP peanut butter bars I bought online (heaven) and some Pure Protein bars. I probably had two a week on Phase 1.

WHAAAATTTTT???? I'd die if I couldn't have my daily restricted! This seems so shortsighted to me...you do need a certain amount of carbs, the restricteds exist for a reason. Yikes! I feel for you guys!

Meagan240 09-05-2012 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porthardygurl (Post 4459182)
and NOT ONE said anything about my weight loss..not one made a comment or anything...AND ITS LIKE WTH!!! CMON I WORKED MY FREAKING A$$ OFF !!! AT LEAST NOTICE A LITTLE BIT!!!

My question for you is, are you doing this for YOURSELF or other people? Although, I understand that that's frustrating. as long as YOU and your loved ones notice, that should be enough. Also, you have to consider that weight is a very touchy topic to some people, some people just WON'T comment.

evepet 09-05-2012 09:18 PM

DivaJen - love the new picture. :)