Old 09-03-2012, 05:24 PM   #1  

Default Starting Ideal protein tomorrow!

Well, i am starting the diet tomorrow morning. I am using all supplement IP food since the diet is so incredibly expensive. I have been looking all over this message board at all the alternative products people have been using. I am going to start with the Cytomax Protein drink from Vitamin World. My friend used this when she was on the diet. I am also going to get the EAS protein drinks. Any other suggestions? Does anyone have any good ideas that I can serve my whole family for dinner and won't totally kill my diet? I am a little nervous about having to cook different meals. Thanks!!! Wish me luck!
artzechck3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 06:29 PM   #2  
started IP Aug 7 2012

S/C/G: 215/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6

Hi I know some people who are doing alternatives to IP they get them from www.nashuanutrition.com, plainprotein.com, when looking for the this is the link for the reviews on alternatives good luck http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...t-reviews.html
zoological26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 06:40 PM   #3  

Height: 5'6"

Welcome! It seems alternative products work out just fine. I may be switching soon myself. At home for family meals, we've been doing a lot of grilling with salad/veggie sides. But there are a lot of days I cook two meals, one for me, one for family. It hasn't been that bad.
rcrochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 06:47 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 169/140/135

Height: 5'2"

I rarely cook 2 different meals! The exeption is with sheperd's pie, lasagna, any casserole. I often cook all kinds of meats, lots of veggies and a starch for the family, which I won't touch. So if you want, you can eat like the family. Oh yeah, and don't forget the big salad, with dressing on the side. Good luck on your journey.
snolover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 06:57 PM   #5  

Thanks so much!! I will let you know how the first day goes.
artzechck3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:45 PM   #6  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

I never made seperate meals my 22 weeks on Phase 1, 2 weeks on Phase 2, or 2 weeks on Phase 3. Sometimes I would add in an extra for my husband and son - like say, tortillas for them and lettuce wraps for myself on fajita night - but they had the same meat & veggies that I had - this isn't just some crazy diet, the dinner is a great blueprint to start a healthy lifestyle for you and your family.
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote