Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2012, 09:03 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 258.4/163.6/168.4

Height: 5' 3"

Hi everyone, It's been a rough couple of days. My 10yr. old son has been having medical issues all summer with many tests and nothing discovered. Yesterday he had an endoscopy and colonoscopy which started with him only being allowed to eat clear liquids on Thursday - and having to drink unpleasant stuff to "clear his system" - then the tests came back identifying he has an ulcer in his small intestines and the doctor thinks it is Crohn's disease. When I went to the store after I brought him home - every candy bar there was screaming out my name - but I stayed strong - and today I had promised him I'd make "candy sushi" which is rice krispy treats wrapped in fruit roll-ups with gummy worms inside - again, I didn't have a single taste - the strength this program has given in me to believe in myself and my ability to make the right food choice is amazing - and since diet will definitely be a part of treatment if he does have Crohn's I am SO thankful that I have finally worked through my relationship with food enough to know that I have the power and I have the choice - not the food having the power over me - I know it will help me be a better mom to him and a role model as he has watched me make tough but better food decisions over the last 6 months. If this were last February - I would have eaten half the plate of rice krispy treats by now. I really believe we are blessed to have found this program. Have a wonderful weekend everyone.
Old 09-01-2012, 09:17 PM   #47  
IP Start date 8-11-12

S/C/G: 204/204/125

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
Okay.. i need a kick in the pants...Because its only 2 weeks till vacation..life is getting tough on the dieting side..Its like..all the sudden..the 2 weeks is passing soooo slow and im craving everything and cant stop thinking of the first thing i want to eat on vacation and because its so close.. i keep on thinking "well why dont i just stop now, since im so close" and its like "Der!!! Dont think that way"..

Point is: If you know you are going on vacation and you are going OffPlan on vacation..but you are staying on your diet, till vacation..how do you keep yourself focused and motivated??

Did i mention it feels like the days are dragging by?

Sigh.

The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is.....maybe make a commitment to yourself that if you cheat before your vacation, then NO vacation! OR...... go the other way and try positive reinforcement. Something like for every day you stick to the plan between now and your vacation day, you earn something. Example....for every day I stick to it, I'll allow myself X-amount of $$$ to spend while on vacation. Come up with prizes to reward yourself with for each day that you stay 100% OP.
Old 09-01-2012, 09:27 PM   #48  
Michele

S/C/G: 240/149/150

Height: 5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakegirl View Post
Hi everyone, It's been a rough couple of days. My 10yr. old son has been having medical issues all summer with many tests and nothing discovered. Yesterday he had an endoscopy and colonoscopy which started with him only being allowed to eat clear liquids on Thursday - and having to drink unpleasant stuff to "clear his system" - then the tests came back identifying he has an ulcer in his small intestines and the doctor thinks it is Crohn's disease. When I went to the store after I brought him home - every candy bar there was screaming out my name - but I stayed strong - and today I had promised him I'd make "candy sushi" which is rice krispy treats wrapped in fruit roll-ups with gummy worms inside - again, I didn't have a single taste - the strength this program has given in me to believe in myself and my ability to make the right food choice is amazing - and since diet will definitely be a part of treatment if he does have Crohn's I am SO thankful that I have finally worked through my relationship with food enough to know that I have the power and I have the choice - not the food having the power over me - I know it will help me be a better mom to him and a role model as he has watched me make tough but better food decisions over the last 6 months. If this were last February - I would have eaten half the plate of rice krispy treats by now. I really believe we are blessed to have found this program. Have a wonderful weekend everyone.
You should be super proud of yourself..I hope your son starts to feel better
Old 09-01-2012, 09:58 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 297/297/175

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monicakay02 View Post
Hi Everyone! Hope you all are having a good weekend so far! I have some exciting news, we recently found out that I am pregnant! Quite a surprise but thankfully I am only 8lbs from goal, so I am in a much healthier state than a few months ago So, my question is, has anyone heard of pregnant women using the IP drinks as supplements to a well blanced diet while pregnant. Don't worry, I am no longer in weight loss mode and am eating a well balanced diet of all foods. I am having some morning sickness and thinking I would like the taste of the drinks more than most foods first thing in the morning. Just want to make sure they're safe. Anyone know? Thanks!
Congratulations!!!! How exciting!!

Old 09-01-2012, 10:20 PM   #50  
Started July 23 2013

S/C/G: 293.6

Height: 5'6"

port--how about a drink or glass of wine for each day you do not cheat.
Old 09-01-2012, 10:35 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyjean View Post
I had my WI today, only lost a pound- but still going in the right direction. I also gained more lean muscle mass too, so that's good. I did go to Old Navy to try on some pants, as mine were all kind of floppy in the legs. I grabbed a bunch of different sizes...and walked out with a pair of size 12 skinny jeans. That was so much better than the 1 pound loss. I have not seen a size 12 in at least 15 years.
When I figure out how to post a pic, i will do it. i know its in one of the threads.
Congratulations on the size 12!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellyT View Post
I've grown to love alternatives. There are choices there that are friendlier to your body than IP, i.e., Proti-Diet pancake mix is unrestricted and IP's version is restricted. With that mix you can make a bunch of things and not feel like you are on any kind of diet - how great is that? Dixie Diner, Big Train, Carbsmart and esp Carbquik can provide you lots of choices (netrition.com offers all of these). Dixie Diner potato puree is pretty good. The carbquik mix is a low carb Bisquick and so need to add egg and cream. I add the slightest bit of egg and unsweetened almond milk, vanilla extract, 1 splenda packet to make my pancake when not using Proti-Diet. I haven't tried their recipe for biscuits yet but will in the next day. That recipe is just 1/3 c mix with water and should make 2 biscuits. 90 cal and 6 carbs I think or close to that - am doing this from memory...

Can we have the carb quick things on phase 1? And thank you for the information!! I guess I have to get to ordering some things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
I don't believe we can have CarbiQuick or stuff like that on Phase 1
Yes, I believe you can: let's compare stats: Carbquik has 90 cal, 6 g fat, 2 net carbs, 6 g protein. The IP crepe mix has 140 cal, 18 g protein, 1.5 fat, 11 net carbs. I add 2-3 egg whites to my carbquik pancake and a dash of unsweetened almond milk (maybe 10 cal worth). With the carbquik you need to add extra protein (egg whites: 3 egg whites = 51 cal, 1.5 g fat, .75 carb, 10.5 protein) and when on alternatives you watch your protein to ensure an adequate daily consumption (it is really elementary to do...). The Proti-Diet pancake has 90 cal, 1 g fat, 6 carbs, 15 g protein - less than IP on all fronts.

So, its important to do your research.
Old 09-01-2012, 11:19 PM   #52  
8/23/12 - 1/6/13

S/C/G: 170/140/135

Height: 5' 5"

First time at a restaurant since starting IP. DH and I use restaurant time to connect to each other (fewer distractions than all the chores of home). I forgot to ask for my salmon "clean" and it came to my plate with a thick marinade. I hope I didn't throw off my sugars, but I cut the top and bottom off the salmon and just ate the middle. I also didn't eat as much veggie as I should since I didn't want to overdo on carbs. I always seem to have a hard time eating enough veggies. Maybe I need to use a food scale to know for sure.
Happy Labor Day everyone ... Take it easy!
Old 09-01-2012, 11:32 PM   #53  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebaughman View Post
port--how about a drink or glass of wine for each day you do not cheat.
Oh i wish..if only i could but i cant... Im allergic to something in alcohols that causes me to have some vicious illergic reaction..hence why i havent drank since my one try when i was 19..it was the night to end all drinking nights. Never again says the doctor.
Old 09-01-2012, 11:35 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 250/150

Height: 5'4"

Can someone answer this: I usually blend my spinach,lettuce and Eas shake with 1 tsp of olive oil together. Is this ok?
Old 09-01-2012, 11:42 PM   #55  

Quote:
There aren't any ingredients in the products that would be harmful, as long as you're not following protocol and just using the drinks as a "boost". You may want to talk to your coach about a shortened "phase off" though, so you don't shock your system by suddenly adding carbs.
Great new picture scorbett!!! I double backed and had to look again, I was like "who is the new person? I know her!!". Great smile girl, you look so happy!! Sorry your houses sick. Blech. We lived through Norwalk last week. Nasty. Happy bleaching!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
First day of Phase 4 and I am starting off with my 'cheat day'...lol. Not 'on purpose'! This is the last day of restaurant week in Dallas (cheap meals at nice places) and we have reservations at a top steakhouse, a 4-course meal here for $35, when just the entree alone would normally be $50+ is something I couldn't pass up! We went to a different place last Sun, and I made my IP Phase 3 changes, but I want to enjoy my meal tonight and have a nice glass of wine and I am officially allowed now...just have to have my Phase 1 day tomorrow!. I must admit I have been Phase 1ing it this morning though, and also did my weightlifting + cardio, still a little leery of this whole 'cheat day'...more of a 'cheat meal'.
Oh you lucky dog you!!!! Enjoy my girl!!! Enjoy every bite and every sip. Savor the food and savor the company! You've earned it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyjean View Post
I had my WI today, only lost a pound- but still going in the right direction. I also gained more lean muscle mass too, so that's good. I did go to Old Navy to try on some pants, as mine were all kind of floppy in the legs. I grabbed a bunch of different sizes...and walked out with a pair of size 12 skinny jeans. That was so much better than the 1 pound loss. I have not seen a size 12 in at least 15 years.
When I figure out how to post a pic, i will do it. i know its in one of the threads.

WHOOT WHOOT!!!!! Who's lookin like a million bucks here??? way to go!!!

Quote:
Okay.. i need a kick in the pants...Because its only 2 weeks till vacation..life is getting tough on the dieting side..Its like..all the sudden..the 2 weeks is passing soooo slow and im craving everything and cant stop thinking of the first thing i want to eat on vacation and because its so close.. i keep on thinking "well why dont i just stop now, since im so close" and its like "Der!!! Dont think that way"..

Point is: If you know you are going on vacation and you are going OffPlan on vacation..but you are staying on your diet, till vacation..how do you keep yourself focused and motivated??

Did i mention it feels like the days are dragging by?

Sigh.
Port. Have you thought of staying OP for your vacation?? It's do-able, you could even LOSE (I lost 7 lbs my vaca week)!! And there's no time lost getting back OP when you get home. It's hard to get restarted again after we stop. Just something to think about!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakegirl View Post
I'm really sorry to hear about your son. It hurts us moms big time when our kids are sick and there's nothing we can do to make it better. The OLD me would comfort my emotional stress with food. The new me has to find other ways to cope. Good for you for staying OP during and incredibly stressful worrisome time!! Wishing your son good health and blessings.
Old 09-02-2012, 01:43 AM   #56  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Mompattie - thanks My 5 year old actually took that picture on Tuesday when we were outside the Boston Children's Museum!

OK sooooooo I just got home from the hospital. My hubby has been admitted to the ICU, he's a diabetic and was in DKA (Diabetic Ketoacidosis) plus dehydrated. His blood sugars had been super high all day, and then they spiked over 500 in spite of the insulin he was taking. DKA can be dangerous if left untreated, and because he needs to receive insulin via an IV he has to be closely monitored in Intensive Care.

He's in good spirits in spite of everything, and my brother in law was kind enough to come over and stay at the house with the kids so I could go to the hospital. It just stinks, chances are pretty good he'll be there till at least Monday morning. Prayers and kind thoughts are appreciated!!
Old 09-02-2012, 05:50 AM   #57  

Arrow

[QUOTE=nightprowler;4454889]Happy weeeekend!!
Unforuntately I'm stuck working all weekend . My boyfriend just moved a few hours away today for work so I'm mega bummed out today. Hopefully it'll make our relationship stronger..

I've had a terrible week this week with IP, just can't seem to move past losing 1lb, very frustrating! Tomorrow it will be three weeks that I've started the plan, not stoked to mark down 1 pound as my loss, however it just means I'm 1 pound lighter than I was before, right?

Anyway I hope everyone has a great long weekend! (Not sure if U.S. has a long weekend as well?? haha, )

[/QUOTE A loss is better than a gain. So sorry about the boyfriend.
Old 09-02-2012, 06:51 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 222/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6 1/2"

Had a birthday party and a wedding yesterday. Did fine at the birthday party - it was at lunch time so I had my S+V ridges with salad and broccoli. The wedding was not so successful. It was catered BBQ and there was not one vegetable on the menu. Well, except for the candied sweet potato mash. So, I got in line and got BBQ chicken and pulled pork and some potato salad. I cut the skin off the chicken but there was still too much sauce all over it. So I excused myself to the bathroom and my husband ate off my plate. When I got back to the table, he loudly asked if he could have my food since he didn't get any pork or potato salad. I wasn't really hungry, but we left a little early to get home so I could have an IP friendly dinner.

I couldn't partake in the dessert which was cupcakes (chocolate filled w/creme like Hostess cupcakes) either, but I got to smell them and boy they smelled great!
Old 09-02-2012, 07:18 AM   #59  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Quote:
Oh i wish..if only i could but i cant... Im allergic to something in alcohols that causes me to have some vicious illergic reaction..hence why i havent drank since my one try when i was 19..it was the night to end all drinking nights. Never again says the doctor.
Being allergic to alcohol is a plus in many ways: you won't intake as many calories, you can always be designated driver, you don't ever have to think about having had 1 too many, etc.

However, how about doing some light exercise every time you think of contraband food? LizRR was taking her son for a slow walk every afternoon and we know her success. She's now legendary and we are blessed to have her as a role model and one of our top chefs supplying us with simple and creative ways to keep IP tasty and interesting. Seriously, put on your favorite tunes and walk slowly, several times every day (or whatever it takes) and as much as you can reasonably fit into your schedule. Your body and your mind will thank you.

Quote:

OK sooooooo I just got home from the hospital. My hubby has been admitted to the ICU, he's a diabetic and was in DKA (Diabetic Ketoacidosis) plus dehydrated. His blood sugars had been super high all day, and then they spiked over 500 in spite of the insulin he was taking. DKA can be dangerous if left untreated, and because he needs to receive insulin via an IV he has to be closely monitored in Intensive Care.
My DH is a diabetic too and thankfully haven't had to take him to the hospital in a few summers. But for a while, every summer he would somehow overexert in the heat and there we'd go. Best wishes for your DH's quick recovery, prayers coming your way.

Btw, your new photo is really nice - good color for you and vibrant smile!

[quote=newlady;4455436]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightprowler View Post
Happy weeeekend!!
Unforuntately I'm stuck working all weekend . My boyfriend just moved a few hours away today for work so I'm mega bummed out today. Hopefully it'll make our relationship stronger..

I've had a terrible week this week with IP, just can't seem to move past losing 1lb, very frustrating! Tomorrow it will be three weeks that I've started the plan, not stoked to mark down 1 pound as my loss, however it just means I'm 1 pound lighter than I was before, right?

Anyway I hope everyone has a great long weekend! (Not sure if U.S. has a long weekend as well?? haha, )

[/QUOTE A loss is better than a gain. So sorry about the boyfriend.
I understand a 1 pound loss is not so exciting, but I've had weeks, even early on, when I gained. Just keep your eye on the long term and you will be fine. I did that, I started in February and had a long term goal of looking good in a bathing suit by 4th of July. I even bought my bathing suit early from Tommy Bahamas with a matching sundress. Good news was that I was able to exchange my suit for one in a smaller size even though I bought a few sizes smaller to start with...have to love IP! So set your sets high and keep a long term view. Stay with this, the weight will start to come off, but more importantly, the inches. I'm 5'5", in the 140's and have bought 2 Talbott's size 4 fitted skirts that look good on me, plus 1 XS sundress. I wouldn't have these dimensions on any other diet at those stats. How that happens is beyond me...for inspiration, look at LizRR's sizing and weight loss journey and how amazingly tiny she became - again an inspiration. I do exercise though with intense weights and am compact (due to exercise). I don't recommend others exercise as I do but I've done it for years and need to do it to keep a back injury from flaring up and for my arthritis. Anyway, stay strong and hope this helps.

Oh, re the boyfriend, I expect it will work out well for you - whichever way it goes. When love returns, it typically grows stronger, if it doesn't return, it's just as well, and you may as well move on to ALLOW the love that's really meant for you to enter your life. After all, the love that's meant for you can't get your attention if you aren't open to it.

Last edited by Chloe222; 09-02-2012 at 07:21 AM.
Old 09-02-2012, 07:20 AM   #60  

S/C/G: 330/319/230

Height: 6'-0

well storm gone and power back on. Time to get back OP and finish this.
Closed Thread