Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2012, 10:20 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 197.5/143.2/145

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimiloo View Post
So last night my husband tells me there is a big chance he won't have a job after september.

I've been laid off since January and raising our 7 month old son. Now this. There is no way I can afford IP anymore, and i'm just getting started.

I'm going to see what my coach says about phasing off, i don't want to gain all i lost back! I don't mind doing paleo or low carb or whatever to keep losing, but I don't want to gain it all.

I am so so so so so sad.

So sorry! Wish I could make it all better.
Please look into alternatives. I used only alternatives and this forum was awesome support. I used Pure Protein powder and bars from Target or Walmart. Costco here also carries the bars and Trader Joes has the RTDs.
Old 08-31-2012, 10:22 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 192/145/145

Height: 5'3

Default Embarrased in Louisiana

Having issues with all the attention I'm getting at work from my weight-loss. I'm so grateful, but very embarrassing. And to make matters worse I feel guilty (especially around my friends that i used to hang out with, eat with, and was overweight with). Is this normal?
Old 08-31-2012, 10:23 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
So last night my husband tells me there is a big chance he won't have a job after september.

I've been laid off since January and raising our 7 month old son. Now this. There is no way I can afford IP anymore, and I'm just getting started.

I'm going to see what my coach says about phasing off, i don't want to gain all i lost back! I don't mind doing paleo or low carb or whatever to keep losing, but I don't want to gain it all.

I am so so so so so sad.

So sorry to hear about the job situations. That is incredible stress.

But you can do the IP method at no greater cost than your regular groceries by using alternative products.
I stopped going to the clinic after my first six weeks mainly because of the long drive there and back which my work schedule didn't allow.
The alternatives work great just match up the nutrition numbers with the IP products.

Pat

Last edited by patns; 08-31-2012 at 10:24 AM.
Old 08-31-2012, 10:24 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

Amiloo, so sorry to hear about your DH's job. PP's have given you lots of advice, I hope you find something that works for you.

kmstacy, congrats on that massive drop in your A1C! Amazing!!!!!!

lisa, you are so ready for this weekend! Talk about your highs and lows. Wow. I hope things go as well as can be expected and that you have a relaxing and reflective weekend.
Old 08-31-2012, 10:28 AM   #20  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticiabean View Post
Having issues with all the attention I'm getting at work from my weight-loss. I'm so grateful, but very embarrassing. And to make matters worse I feel guilty (especially around my friends that i used to hang out with, eat with, and was overweight with). Is this normal?
From my own experience, the attention being embarrassing is normal. It feels strange, weird. Like you're used to trying to deflect attention from how you look, not get more of it! Then I realized hells no, I'm going to soak this up! I've worked hard to get to this point, and if someone wants to compliment me I'm going to smile brightly and say thank you. No more shying away from attention about my appearance. And it's made the compliments and shocked looks from people who haven't seen me in a while that much easier (and fun!) to deal with.

As for the guilt, drop that one asap! You are choosing a healthier life for you, no one else. They make their choices, you make yours, and own it!
Old 08-31-2012, 10:37 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 192/145/145

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post
From my own experience, the attention being embarrassing is normal. It feels strange, weird. Like you're used to trying to deflect attention from how you look, not get more of it! Then I realized hells no, I'm going to soak this up! I've worked hard to get to this point, and if someone wants to compliment me I'm going to smile brightly and say thank you. No more shying away from attention about my appearance. And it's made the compliments and shocked looks from people who haven't seen me in a while that much easier (and fun!) to deal with.

As for the guilt, drop that one asap! You are choosing a healthier life for you, no one else. They make their choices, you make yours, and own it!
THANK YOU for the great advice!!! I'll work on dropping the guilt all the while soaking up the compliments!
Old 08-31-2012, 10:44 AM   #22  

Anytime!!
Old 08-31-2012, 10:54 AM   #23  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:

I've been laid off since January and raising our 7 month old son. Now this. There is no way I can afford IP anymore, and i'm just getting started.

I am so so so so so sad.
I am so sorry to hear about this - the time to start planning is NOW. Start researching alternatives, talk to your coach and explain your financial situation and what your plan going forward is (maybe bring in an alternatives sheet vs. IP worksheet, etc. so she can see how dedicated you are) - she may still allow you to come in for WIs and measurements free of charge (mine does) while on alternatives. You will most probably still save significantly more on what your 'normal' grocery bill would be in a financial pinch on alternatives than going paleo/etc. Start scouring for coupons, sales, etc - if you sign up at the Pure Protein website you get online coupons (I understand they are popular alternative bars, powders, rtds - I saw the bars at my Krogers on sale for $1/each). It's okay to grieve and feel sad - this is scary - but try to put some energy into moving forward and coming up with viable solutions - this is so scary and I am so sorry you are facing this uncertainty. In the short term, you will save money on your grocery bill, and in the long term, you will save money on your health care bill if you continue following the IP protocol - using the IP branded products or alternatives. There are so many resources here and people that can give you great advice and product alternatives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmstacy View Post
Just received a great NSV..The doctors office just called with the results from my AC1 blood test yesterday..in May it was 10.2 now it is 6.8 she said that is a great change in a short time especially just with diet and exercise..I am so happy..this was just what i needed to re motivate me..hope everyone has a great OP day !
This is EXACTLY the kind of NSV that is even MORE important than just what The Stupid Scale Says. I put this kind of health improvement even higher than a drop in size - this is a real change for the better in your long term health. Keep going and it will just get better and better!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post

I think Jen gave you excellent advice - I was going through the same thing regarding 'embarrassment' on the attention - part of my fat suit was camoflouge, and the transformation is so OBVIOUS to the world that you can't hide from it. I have learned to take the compliments, and wear clothes that fit, and feel good about myself. It's definitely had a trickle down effect to other aspects of my appearance (I'm wearing more 'fashionable' clothes, jewelry, cute shoes, etc - doing more things 'for myself' and my appearance than I ever did in the past). It's OKAY to look good Ticia! And it's OKAY to FEEL GOOD about how you look! You are the one doing the work, so enjoy the payoff and let your friends make their own choices and live with them - you are living with yours.
Old 08-31-2012, 11:01 AM   #24  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Whoa - I just realized I start Phase 4 tomorrow....where has the time gone...probably the same place as the pounds!!!
Old 08-31-2012, 11:05 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 155/155/125

Height: 5'3.5"

Good morning and happy holiday weekend!

NSV! WI#7 -3lbs, which is 3lbs lighter than the day I was married 4 years ago (and I gained 10 lbs before my wedding, lol).

I am heading to Cape Cod at 5am tomorrow to beat traffic, lots of veggie cutting and IP packing tonight!

Have a great day everyone!

Christine
Old 08-31-2012, 11:13 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Yes, it is normal. My weight and weight loss is a very private matter for me. I don't think everyone should be commenting on it...It is embarrassing for me that I have a problem. I am also a recovering alcoholic, and I feel the same way about people asking me why I am not drinking anything..."How can you NOT drink?" "Why are you not eating anything?" "How much weight have you lost?". Maybe it is just me, but I don't feel at all comfortable with anyone asking me such personal questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmstacy View Post
Just received a great NSV..The doctors office just called with the results from my AC1 blood test yesterday..in May it was 10.2 now it is 6.8 she said that is a great change in a short time especially just with diet and exercise..I am so happy..this was just what i needed to re motivate me..hope everyone has a great OP day !
This is really all about health! This is awesome news for you! Way to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlvr52 View Post
Woot.... Today is Friday and Tomorrow I will be toes deep in the sand. Got all ready to go and will take photos of how I pack to travel. Hope you all have a great great OP day.

One word:
Jealous!

Today's Quote:

"That which we persist in doing becomes easier to do; not that the nature of the thing itself is changed, but that our power to do is increased."
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Love this!

It's not easy to change your lifestyle. But friends it does get easier to do the longer you do it. Much love from the Evergreen State for this holiday weekend. Plan your meals, enjoy the sun, and just get out and move that body!!
Old 08-31-2012, 11:24 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 231/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
You are rocking this program. This is not an unusual turn of events. the embarrassment is common, and I have done some body image counselling to help with that. The guilt thing is not your issue. I was lisstening to a presentation about group dynamics and how they change when one member has a significant change. for example, when the person who was always the second fattest person in the group becomes the fattest, there will be a struggle. In the long run, those who are really your friends will stick by you, embrace the new you (who is really the old you in a healthier skin), and perhaps even be motivated by your example to do something to help themselves. on the other hand, those who are not your friends may pull away or even worse try to sabotage you so that you go back to looking more like them. You are strong, beautiful and worth this... you can do it. try not to take it all personally.
Old 08-31-2012, 11:25 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 304/219.6/200

Height: 6'

Weigh in day for me today. My scale says I'm down 15 lbs in 2 weeks. Awesome!! Of course that may change a bit by the time I get into my weigh in(at 4:15).

That's all the motivation I need to stay OP.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 08-31-2012, 11:27 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 200/182.8/140

Height: 5"4

Back from my WI....down another 3.4lbs!!! WAHOO......!!!!!
Old 08-31-2012, 11:28 AM   #30  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Amiloo - am so sorry your family is going through such a stressful time. My VIP has not been 'really' employed for over 2 years; he picks up jobs when/where he can. His current temp job will be ending in another month or so. It is stressful on so many levels.
kmstacy - Great news on the A1C test!
Lisa32989 - safe travels; traffic heading north in MI is REALLY heavy since yesterday.
mommyof3girls - Congrats on the NSV! Looovvveee those NSVs!!!

My 'unofficial' WI at home this a.m. shows I am in the mid-150s!! I'm really noticing that the more water I drink, the better the weight comes off. I have switched almost completely over to alternatives now. And wouldn't you know, I just placed an order with Nashua Nutrition 2 days ago - before the free-shipping promotion came out!
Closed Thread