Old 08-24-2012, 02:41 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 203/176/150

Height: 5'4''

Default packet Question from Newbie

Hi Everyone!

This morning, I attempted to make the chocolate pancake. it was a burnt mess, stuck to my pan, and was inedible.

i made myself 2 egg whites instead.

do i still need to have a 3rd packet today, since i had the 2 egg whites for breakfast? i have extra packets, but not sure if i should just sub out the packet for the 2 egg whites i ate.

thanks!!

Last edited by ggsmile; 08-24-2012 at 02:42 PM. Reason: spelling
ggsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 02:51 PM   #2  
Holding on TIGHT

S/C/G: 225/195.4/166.2/135

Height: 5'1

I would have another packet. It will help keep you full today. Keep on track with them...2 egg whites wouldn't fill me up at all... they (2) are counted as a freebie anyway... Just my 2cents.
fourstubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 02:53 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourstubbs View Post
I would have another packet. It will help keep you full today. Keep on track with them...2 egg whites wouldn't fill me up at all... they (2) are counted as a freebie anyway... Just my 2cents.
I would agree with fourstubbs. I usually have an extra egg white every day, but two would not affect you at all. they are high is protein, which is what you want.
I like to add an egg white to my pudding muffins for my evening snack.
Delgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 02:55 PM   #4  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsmile View Post
Hi Everyone!

This morning, I attempted to make the chocolate pancake. it was a burnt mess, stuck to my pan, and was inedible.

thanks!!
This is the exact reason I bought myself a new non-stick pan. My first burnt/goop was lesson enough that these things are fussy to cook with. My "family" pans were also too big. I see some people have small "rings" to put in the bottom of pans... I may try that too... but it seems stores have lots of "sales" on right now as students head back to school so spending the price of 2 packs to get a good small pan will save you throwing any more away!
IP43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 02:58 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
This is the exact reason I bought myself a new non-stick pan. My first burnt/goop was lesson enough that these things are fussy to cook with. My "family" pans were also too big. I see some people have small "rings" to put in the bottom of pans... I may try that too... but it seems stores have lots of "sales" on right now as students head back to school so spending the price of 2 packs to get a good small pan will save you throwing any more away!
I got the rings...they are for making English Muffins. Love them

I spray my pans with PAM (I also have good NEW pans...small ones), and the rings. And I start the heat on high until I put the mixtures in the pan, and then turn to low, and cook for anywhere from 5 - 10 minutes. Low heat works well.

I have not done much in the microwave, but I know many people here use it.
Think Non stick pans and PAM
Old 08-24-2012, 03:02 PM   #6  

thanks everyone!
I actually just bought that new, as seen on tv, green frying pan that claims NOTHING sticks...well its a hoax!!! hahaha

Old 08-24-2012, 03:04 PM   #7  

Quote:
thanks everyone!
I actually just bought that new, as seen on tv, green frying pan that claims NOTHING sticks...well its a hoax!!! hahaha

oH, boooo!
I have heard that it was not really very good.
Go to Target and get a nice pan there.
Old 08-24-2012, 03:18 PM   #8  

Height: 5'4"

I have NEVER had success with making it into a pancake. I really do not know what I do wrong. I always make it into a cake in the microwave. When you figure it out, please post your secret!
Hgamroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 03:29 PM   #9  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Like others have said - DEFINITELY make sure to get in your extra packet. Two egg whites only have ~8g protein (and are usually counted as "free" anyways), where an IP packet typically has ~18g of protein. You really need to make sure you keep up the protein in particular to keep your lean mass well fueled.

Quote:
thanks everyone!
LOL - we got one of those too - what a joke - I usually whip out my double griddle when I need to do something nowadays...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgamroth View Post
I have NEVER had success with making it into a pancake. I really do not know what I do wrong. I always make it into a cake in the microwave. When you figure it out, please post your secret!
I've never used the chocolate pancake mix (was always satisfied with unrestricted Crispy Cereal pancakes) - but I've heard others say they never had success with it as a pancake, just as a muffin.
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 03:44 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
Like others have said - DEFINITELY make sure to get in your extra packet. Two egg whites only have ~8g protein (and are usually counted as "free" anyways), where an IP packet typically has ~18g of protein. You really need to make sure you keep up the protein in particular to keep your lean mass well fueled.

LOL - we got one of those too - what a joke - I usually whip out my double griddle when I need to do something nowadays...

I've never used the chocolate pancake mix (was always satisfied with unrestricted Crispy Cereal pancakes) - but I've heard others say they never had success with it as a pancake, just as a muffin.
i LOVED the crispy cereal pancake!!! I ordered 3 packets for next week!!!
im glad everyone said to have another packet, because i am dying to make the non-restricted chocolate cookies tonight!!!

Also, Liz, since finding this site, you are like a "celebrity" to me!!! Ive been reading all of your posts and blog! I think i got butterflies wheni saw you responded to my post!!! hahaha