What are you eating today IPeeps? Wednesday, August 22nd!!!

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Quote: So far my favorite meals are the chocolate drink mix, herbs and cheese omelet, double chocolate bar, and caramel crunch bar. Spaghetti Bolognese is decent, the soups are my least favorite. Im not sure about the chicharones, im going to stay away from them because they are one of my fav junk food along with cracklins(they're very similar) Ask your coach to see if their okay.
    Unfortunately I loved ALL of the restricteds I ever tried (SW Cheese Curls are good jalapeno cheddar cheeto substitutes). Chocolate Soy Puffs were just evil. The chocolate drink mix was a favorite.

Also, the Crispy Cereal packets can be made into unrestricted pancakes: Crush the cereal in the pack, whip 2 egg whites, then add in the Cereal, 4oz water, and 1/2 tsp baking powder - cooks up 2-3 pancakes. You can top with rhubarb jam (recipe below) and have an okay breakfast.

I ended up liking the plain omelete mix in 'mock french toast', add shredded & squeezed zucchini and some egg whites, etc-Recipe here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4039565-post89.html

Quote: OMG today is going to be brutal, its my first day!!!!
    Gonna be honest - the first 4 days are awful - but the closer you stick to the sheet, the quicker it is over. Make sure to drink a lot of water and keep up with your sea salt, it helps with headaches. My coach allowed me to have 4 IP packets that first week, because you WILL get hungry the first week getting into ketosis! Just remember how crappy you feel, because if you end up cheating you have to go through it all over again!

You can also add 2 egg whites/day and count as 'free' - they add ~35 calories, all from ~7g protein and you can use the IP packets in a lot of recipes that way.

Some quick veggie favorites: I get bags of frozen rhubarb at H-E-B (~4cups/bag) and microwave it ~8minutes (until mushy) then add 2 tbsp of Walden Farms Strawberry Spread (Splenda/Stevia would work too - just some kind of sweetener) - it turns into a rhubarb/strawberry jam, good for a fruit fix.

Another is to take some okra (either fresh or frozen), slice in half lengthwise, spray with some olive oil, sprinkle with fajita seasoning/sea salt/etc, and bake at 425 degrees ~10-15 minutes.
  • Phase 1

Breakfast: IP Vanilla drink with instant coffee and WF Chocolate Syrup
    Lunch: IP Chicken Soup with 2 cups mushrooms
    Dinner: 8 oz Steak, Salad with Olive Oil dressing
    Snack: Vanilla pudding shake with decaf coffee and WF Caramel Syrup
  • Those recipes dont sound too bad..I just had "lunch"....I had Veg Chile, 2 cups brocolli and a salad with olive oil and lemon...Does it matter what type or kind of lettuce I eat?
  • Quote: Those recipes dont sound too bad..I just had "lunch"....I had Veg Chile, 2 cups brocolli and a salad with olive oil and lemon...Does it matter what type or kind of lettuce I eat?
    You'll find different coaches have different takes on the "lettuce" issue. Mine said ANY lettuce, including romaine, butter/boston lettuce and iceberg. Some have coaches that said ONLY iceberg. But field greens (mesclun, dandelion, the odd stuff in spring mix) are counted as a veggie not a lettuce so they must be included in your daily totals.
  • I use Romain lettuce and next time I'm going to mix in spinach which is considered a veggie I also use EVOO and hot sauce on my salad and sprinkle some Mrs Dash on top for a little flavor when I dont use WF dressing.
  • Quote: Breakfast: IP caramel nut bar, coffee

Lunch: Personal pizza! (Balanced protein tomato basil soup made into flatbread, topped with a bit of veggie shreds and some chopped peppers), Romaine salad with veggies and WF ranch dressing

Dinner: Big Mac in a bowl

Snack: something from my Healthwise shake/pudding variety pack!
    Hi Scorbett!!! I had to ask how you made flatbread out of the soup packet?? It sounds so interesting...thanks!!!!
  • Phase 1, day 31

Breakfast: 2 boiled eggs

Snack: Chocolate shake with coffee...yummy!!!

Lunch: curry chicken soup

Dinner: curry chicken soup with celery, cabbage, zucchini

Snack: microwave cake in a cup...using pudding mix
  • B: chocolate spinach smoothie, coffee, skim
    L: leftover sauteed squash, zucchini, bell peppers and mushrooms, IP SW curls
    S: cappuccino drink
    D: grilled flank steak with tomato, onion and cucumber salad w/EVOO and apple cider vinegar
  • Quote: Hi Scorbett!!! I had to ask how you made flatbread out of the soup packet?? It sounds so interesting...thanks!!!!
    The directions for a pizza flatbread are here:
    http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4436635-post63.html
  • Breakfast: Crispy Cereal
    Lunch: 2 cups mushrooms cooked and added to Mushroom Soup
    Dinner: Turkey Burger and 2 cups Broccoli
    Snack: White Cheddar Soy Puffs
  • Phase 1~Week 5~Day 3

Today has been a crazy hectic day!!!! And I feel like I cheated bad

Breakfast:
    Ip herb omelet with 1C spinach

Lunch:
    IP chocolate shake

Dinner:
    11oz turkey burger... <---My cheat! I was sooo hungry because I'm supposed to have a snack between lunch and dinner but didn't have time...
    2C asparagus, kholorabi, and lettuce with WF bacon ranch

Snack:
    IP chocolate shake
  • Quote: Hi Scorbett!!! I had to ask how you made flatbread out of the soup packet?? It sounds so interesting...thanks!!!!
    Quote: The directions for a pizza flatbread are here:
    http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4436635-post63.html
    Yup - got it from Liz! I actually used alternative tomato soup product (Balanced Protein, from the local nutrition store) and it works great!!
  • Thank you so much, I do appreciate it!!!!