3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   question about adjusting packets (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264783-question-about-adjusting-packets.html)

rcrochet 08-18-2012 03:35 PM

question about adjusting packets

I'm considering replacing my restricted item with an un-restricted for a few days this week so I would have 3 unrestricted and no restricted items. Just trying to boost the loss a little. I've been OP for 10 weeks, losses have slowed a bit. Has anyone tried this, tell me your experience. I don't want to change and mess anything up!! I haven't asked my coach yet.. but honestly, the advice of those of you living this with me means more to me. Thanks!

ChileheadKen 08-18-2012 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcrochet (Post 4441566)
I'm considering replacing my restricted item with an un-restricted for a few days this week so I would have 3 unrestricted and no restricted items. Just trying to boost the loss a little. I've been OP for 10 weeks, losses have slowed a bit. Has anyone tried this, tell me your experience. I don't want to change and mess anything up!! I haven't asked my coach yet.. but honestly, the advice of those of you living this with me means more to me. Thanks!

Where in Louisiana are you? I'm in Baton Rouge. Anyway-I would think the only reason to lose the restricted items (would be tough for me- the bars fit my worklife perfectly) would be if you are bumping up over 40 carbs a day. I use My Fitness Pal app on my phone and track everything I consume, and it has really helped me watch my carb counts. Amazing how many carbs are in veggies, and in the restricted items. Others may have different opinions but that's my 2 cents.
Not sure if this helps at all, but good luck! Keep up the good work!
Ken :flame:

wuv2bloved 08-18-2012 05:11 PM

Honestly, I did the experiment for 2 weeks and I had the same result. If anything cut out any "extra's" you may use like MIO, WF products, sweetners....ONLY use what is on the sheet and nothing more, adding the "extra's" IF you are sensitive to those thing will cause you to loos slower

rcrochet 08-18-2012 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChileheadKen (Post 4441584)
Where in Louisiana are you? I'm in Baton Rouge. Anyway-I would think the only reason to lose the restricted items (would be tough for me- the bars fit my worklife perfectly) would be if you are bumping up over 40 carbs a day. I use My Fitness Pal app on my phone and track everything I consume, and it has really helped me watch my carb counts. Amazing how many carbs are in veggies, and in the restricted items. Others may have different opinions but that's my 2 cents.
Not sure if this helps at all, but good luck! Keep up the good work!
Ken :flame:

Thanks for the insight. I may try the app. I'm in Lafayette by the way. Lots of LA peeps here I've noticed. We're all trying to undo the great food we've had here I guess.

rcrochet 08-18-2012 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuv2bloved (Post 4441607)
Honestly, I did the experiment for 2 weeks and I had the same result. If anything cut out any "extra's" you may use like MIO, WF products, sweetners....ONLY use what is on the sheet and nothing more, adding the "extra's" IF you are sensitive to those thing will cause you to loos slower

Ok, that makes my decision. I really love those bars anyway, lol. I didn't feel like I was having many "extras", but I guess it adds up more than I think. I'll start tracking that before taking the drastic step of giving up my daily treat. Thanks! I knew I could count on the experience here to give me good direction.

wuv2bloved 08-18-2012 05:20 PM

Next time I go to my mom's I'll have to let you know, maybe we could get a group together and have lunch or something. How much do you have to lose?

rcrochet 08-18-2012 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuv2bloved (Post 4441611)
Next time I go to my mom's I'll have to let you know, maybe we could get a group together and have lunch or something. How much do you have to lose?

I've got 62lbs left to go, down 38. I would love to get together with the peeps in the area. That would be fun!

wuv2bloved 08-18-2012 07:15 PM

Great!...you can do it!!....I have tried to get the BR group to get together and meet but nothing has worked out so far. I did have Someone from BR drive to GPT to meet me....she is great....I hope to one day meet everyone in the area!

joysh 08-19-2012 12:57 AM

If such a meeting takes place in BR, please post it on this list. If I can drive down from Natchitoches, I'd love to be there!

chsprin 08-19-2012 01:35 AM

chilehead Ken----would you share more about how you use the My Fitness Pal app? I new here and to IP. week 3. lost 9.2 so far. Also new to my windows smartphone. Had it 2 weeks. I downloaded the My Fitness Pal app and signed in. How many calories do we put in? I'm not sure how to make the IP program fit their app. We need to track carbs right? Any hints and tips? thanks in advance.

DanafromAustin 08-19-2012 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chsprin (Post 4441850)
chilehead Ken----would you share more about how you use the My Fitness Pal app? I new here and to IP. week 3. lost 9.2 so far. Also new to my windows smartphone. Had it 2 weeks. I downloaded the My Fitness Pal app and signed in. How many calories do we put in? I'm not sure how to make the IP program fit their app. We need to track carbs right? Any hints and tips? thanks in advance.

No reason to track carbs on IP, just follow the sheet for phase 1. That's the beauty of this very simple program. Congrats on your weight loss so far.:)