Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2012, 10:44 AM   #76  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
My coach said that 10lbs in a dress size!....if that is the case then 17 dress sizes!!...OMG just did the calculations.....I WAS in a size 36 NOW size 18!!!!...WOW...I guess she was correct!...THIS so just made my day!....hahaha

Awesome wuv!!

I get to give this to my little girl for her birthday tomorrow! She is having a party at the pool with her friends today at noon. Pizza cake, KoolAid and then swimming. I can fully participate in the last one!

Then at home tomorrow night she will open her pink Ruger 10-22:

Here is my youngest with her first gun, a Pink Savage single shot!

Last edited by usmcvet; 08-19-2012 at 10:48 AM.
Old 08-19-2012, 10:52 AM   #77  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Height: 5'4"

Congrats on all of the losses and NSVs!!

I also had a NSV yesterday. I ordered some new pants on clearance, 12s and 14s - thinking the 14s would fit in a couple of weeks... Anyhow, they arrived yesterday and the 14s fit now!!! YEE-HAH!!

Tried a potato pancake recipe this morning, with the potato puree, even with plenty of EVOO, it stuck to my pan. (Tasted good anyhow.) I think there's something in the packets that makes them "sticky." I do not use non-stick pans, ever - stainless or cast iron. Am I the only one??
Old 08-19-2012, 10:52 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 218.5/208/150

Height: 5'5

Can we use veganaise as a mayo sparingly? It tastes just like the real thing.
Old 08-19-2012, 10:57 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 258.4/163.6/168.4

Height: 5' 3"

Good morning everyone,
My husband made a roast in the crockpot yesterday and it was so fantastic - one of the few times I thought about eating more protein that I should - I didn't, but boy I can't wait for leftovers - plus it was made with all IP ingredients!

Lizzy63 I was going to order some pants on clearance too and was hesitant - but I think I will considering your story!

Hope you all have a great Sunday!
Old 08-19-2012, 11:10 AM   #80  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Height: 5'4"

Drakegirl - Talk about optimism - I also bought a down parka in a medium - the one I wore last winter was XL... but when am I ever going to get a really nice down parka for 70% off, unless it's in the summer?!! It was over 100-degrees the day I ordered it!
Old 08-19-2012, 11:18 AM   #81  
IP Start: 8/15/12

S/C/G: 286/217/158

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellyT View Post
Happy Sunday all, the day slipped away yesterday and I didn't have a chance to check in. Had a great IP day yesterday (posted in menu thread) and I'm looking forward to day 5 today. What a beautiful weekend! Yesterday started at the farmer's market where I loaded up with good stuff. A local fundraiser had kid's activities set up, so the girls had a blast. We had a wonderful boat ride, then I cooked on the grill. Today - the laundry awaits, the girls need a bath, the dog needs a bath . . .

I'm on a mission to find okra in Wisconsin - that may prove to be a challenge, otherwise I know I can find it frozen which will be better than nothing. I'm also going tol try and track down a deydrator this week - hopefully 2nd-hand before purchasing new.

What part of Wisconsin are you from? I lived there for sooooo many years! Still have a daughter in GB. I have never seen okra up that way for sure.
I live in Oshkosh and work in Neenah - Go Pack Go!

I fear I may have to resort to the frozen food aisle for okra. If anyone has it, I bet Woodmans will
Old 08-19-2012, 11:30 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 260/200.6/180

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellyT View Post
Last nite tried the cauliflower pizza and loved it! Doesn't taste like the real thing but has good flavor with veggie cheese. Did the trick on day 5 of satisfying the " can't have that" syndrome......yes you can!
ShellyT - where do you find veggie cheese? I have checked around here and can't find it.
Old 08-19-2012, 11:40 AM   #83  

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargirl66 View Post
I live in Oshkosh and work in Neenah - Go Pack Go!

I fear I may have to resort to the frozen food aisle for okra. If anyone has it, I bet Woodmans will

Woodmans had EVERYTHING! That store is great!
Old 08-19-2012, 11:43 AM   #84  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen71 View Post
ShellyT - where do you find veggie cheese? I have checked around here and can't find it.
You can find it in the "veggie" section with all of the other tofu/soy products. I get mine at Von's or Albertsons, but they also have it at Sprouts. They have shreds and slices of all flavors!
Old 08-19-2012, 11:51 AM   #85  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewPath View Post
YAY!!!!! Sewmam is back, YAHOO!!!!!!!!! I just got back from my vacation, to find Sewmam back here, helping us all get our act together!!!! I have missed you Sewmam!
To the rest of my friends, I have a lot of catching up to do on this thread....right now it is off to the grocery store....YUCK! Love you all!
aw gee...thanks! Yep, I crept back after being gone a couple months to get the house ready. It is now listed, for a month. One serious couple, but they had to go with another house. One other that has to sell their house first, so I'm not counting on it, in this economy. All I have to do now is keep the place clean and hope...

By the way, your photos are truly amazing !!!! You are a shining example to us all !!!

Margaret
Old 08-19-2012, 11:51 AM   #86  

S/C/G: 194/ see ticker /115

Height: 5'3

Day 4 on IP and I'm down 1 pound since yesterday

I totally messed up yesterday and didn't realize it until late in the evening. We took the boys to the fair yesterday (4yo, 1yo). It was 104. I was just trying to keep everyone cool and hydrated and inadvertently took some sips of lemonade...a ton of sugar in those! And I thought I was doing awesome because I love corn dogs and bought my kids one. I felt so in control knowing that losing the weight is much more important than those few seconds of corn dog bliss
Anyway, I'm going to have to pay close attention what goes in this mouth.
So happy about the weight loss so far.
I'm down a pants size already (was a 10 for the past year, now an 8).

Last edited by kifli; 08-19-2012 at 12:08 PM.
Old 08-19-2012, 11:54 AM   #87  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kifli View Post
Day 4 on IP and I'm down 1 pound since yesterday

I totally messed up yesterday and didn't realize it until late in the evening. We took the boys to the fair yesterday (4yo, 1yo). It was 104. I was just trying to keep everyone cool and hydrated and inadvertantly took some sips of lemonade...a ton of sugar in those! And I thought I was doing awesome because I love corn dogs and bought my kids one. I felt so in control knowing that losing the weight is much more important than those few seconds of corn dog bliss
Anyway, I'm going to have to pay close attention what goes in this mouth.
So happy about the weight loss so far.
I'm down a pants size already (was a 10 for the past year, now an 8).
Drink an extra bottle of water or 2 today and you will be fine
Old 08-19-2012, 11:58 AM   #88  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

hmmm....I've never used a dehydrator but after reading these posts, I'm thinking of it. I have been wanting to make my own granola or bars, that have my protein, use stevia and are gluten free. Even though I tested negative to celiac, I still suspect some gluten intolerance. There's not much out there that is both gluten and sugar free and what is there is really expensive, so I thought I'd try my own. Even the dried fruit in the stores frequently has sugar added to it.

Guess I could just throw 'em in the oven...now that summer is finishing up, I won't mind using the oven again.
Old 08-19-2012, 12:49 PM   #89  
IP Newb

S/C/G: 195/195/140

Height: 5'4

Guys I am on the go and can't run a complex search....if I eat my meat meal at lunch and my normal lunch meal at dinner (ip packet) do I take the vitamins set for dinner at lynch today??

Sorry to not see in searches!
Old 08-19-2012, 12:51 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by happytobeonthisdiet View Post
Good Morning!
Down 3.1 pounds again this week...that seems to be a trend for me! I will take it. Feeling good. Just went through my closet and took out quite a few things that are too big!! Yeah for IP! Does anyone know how many pounds are in a dress size? I feel like I am down about two sizes at 23 pounds lost. Also I got on the WII fit game yesterday and went from obese to overweight!!!! My MII even lost weight! So cool! Have a great IP day all!
As someone said, the # pounds lost/size varies. Typical rule of thumb is 10 pounds as Wuv's counselor (or friend - don't remember who) said. However, in the beginning, it took me maybe 20 pounds to lose my first size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
hmmm....I've never used a dehydrator but after reading these posts, I'm thinking of it. I have been wanting to make my own granola or bars, that have my protein, use stevia and are gluten free. Even though I tested negative to celiac, I still suspect some gluten intolerance. There's not much out there that is both gluten and sugar free and what is there is really expensive, so I thought I'd try my own. Even the dried fruit in the stores frequently has sugar added to it.

Guess I could just throw 'em in the oven...now that summer is finishing up, I won't mind using the oven again.
I ordered a dehydrator (Nesco 80 - square size - Amazon) last week so I can dehyrdrate the best of summer's last veggies and make some wonderful soup blends for fall and winter. Also want to dry a lot of herbs for my spice cabinet.

The idea of making my own bars is also front and center. I have arthritis and also suspect I do a lot better when gluten free in addition to sugar free, so will be experimenting when I get to maintenance - hopefully next month.

Please let us know what recipes or website you find with bar recipes and I'll do the same.

Last edited by Chloe222; 08-19-2012 at 12:52 PM.
Closed Thread