IP Weekend Chat 8/18-19/12 - Page 2 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2012, 10:07 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 155/111/115

Height: 5'5"

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Aimiloo!!! Looks like you have some yummy things to eat today! Enjoy your day!

Like I said earlier, my girls & I are taking a little trip before school starts for them. Going to a hotel with a water park! And of course going to do a little shopping! I'm still packing my ip products to take...live being prepared! Also, I think I might buy a bigger purse to carry ip back ups in (for those darn emergencies!).

Here's to wishing you all a wonderful weekend! Stay 100%OP!!!
Old 08-18-2012, 10:09 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
THANKS SO MUCH.... this is just what I needed. I'm thinking that I need the lower carb end too, but had no clue how many I should eat etc. I just looked at my milk I add to my coffee and see that a c. is 12g carbs. I always just splash in milk -- more than the recommended amt as I love my coffee. I'm going to be "carb counting" today to see how much I actually have been having to see if that's the problem. Your time for this post is appreciated!
Milk. I am the same way. But now I either have a vanilla shake for BF and add it to my coffee, or I mix up a vanilla shake very diluted and use it...keeping it in the fridge...it lasts me about 3 days this way. My coach said to not count it...I only drink 2-3 cups per day in the morning.
Old 08-18-2012, 10:09 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 155/111/115

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy63 View Post
Good morning all! Fabulous weather here in Illinois - 70s today. We deserve it after a bunch of days in the 100s not too long ago!!

My house smells like APPLE PIE!! I took Scorbett's advice about trying deyhdrated jicima chips with cinamon and splenda - can't wait until they're done!

I did notice, though, that this jicima is not as sweet as the one I got last week. It is bigger. Does anyone know if size matters (with repsect to jicima)?? Any advice would help as I head off to the store later...

Weigh in #5 on Monday and feeling good about it!
Oh yummy! She definately...has some awesome recipes! Good luck on Monday...we'll be waiting to hear how you did!
Old 08-18-2012, 10:15 AM   #19  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
Whoo-Hoo!! Phase 3 here I am! It was worth the wait...I set up a peach bread pudding to soak overnight - and I ate every bite, it is a huge amount of food though. Good thing I have a long day shopping at the outlet mall to burn it all off! I've been obsessing and pouring over Phase 3 breakfast recipes for a few weeks now, waiting to earn this payoff and it tastes even better!

I was thinking last night about the folks who find themselves struggling to continue due to the 'blahs'. I had a time where I started loosing focus - had a little more protein, a little looser with my veggie measurements - and came on here and found others in the same boat (Cadu, etc) and we resolved to tighten ship and continue on. It feels reallly great to be finishing this up and going into Maintenance feeling Great, not 'good enough'. It's fantastic to change your goal weight if you find you are truly happy where you are at, but please - Be HAPPY! TRULY HAPPY! Part of this whole process was breaking through the old ways to reach your goal and prove to yourself that you can do it!

All right - off the soap box. I just really want everyone to be successful! You can reallly, truly, 100% honest reach that unattainable place you never thought possible (in my case, size 1/2...lol). Don't give up on yourself!!!
So happy to hear the payoff was worth all the work you have put in! It's definitely a motivator to see the light at the end of the tunnel through others' experiences
Old 08-18-2012, 10:27 AM   #20  
Sus

S/C/G: 181.8/167/145

Height: 5'6

Good morning... Sun shinning here, everything is getting easier. Heading on holidays Monday but should be ok. Have a good weekend.
Old 08-18-2012, 10:33 AM   #21  

Lizzy...I always buy the small jicama, the big ones are not as sweet and some of them end up with a hole in the middle where the texture gets a bit weird.

It is supposed to be a beautiful day in the mid 80's so I am off to the farmers market to stock up on veggies and fruit(for my kids)for the week.

Aimiloo...I hope you have a wonderful birthday!!
Old 08-18-2012, 10:53 AM   #22  
IP Newb

S/C/G: 195/195/140

Height: 5'4

Thanks for the bday wishes! It's been great so far!
Old 08-18-2012, 10:57 AM   #23  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Height: 5'4"

Happy birthday, Aimiloo!! Hope it is wonderful!

Thanks for the jicima advice - mightbe. Off to the store now...

Last edited by Lizzy63; 08-18-2012 at 10:57 AM.
Old 08-18-2012, 11:02 AM   #24  
IP Start date 8-11-12

S/C/G: 204/204/125

Height: 5'6

Good morning everyone! Today is off to a great start for me....had my FIRST weigh in! I'm down 6.6, but it looks like 7 if you round the numbers, LOL. I struggled last night with some cravings, but I hung in there. For me, I literally have to take this day by day. I'm proud of myself that I stuck with it for the first 7 days. I so badly want to lose this weight, so I just have to keep my focus in the right place. You guys have been so helpful and motivating....I'm so glad I found this forum! Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

Week 1 WI: -6.6
Old 08-18-2012, 11:12 AM   #25  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

OK.....I am now on a hunt for an emergency babysitter for tonight. DEF LEPPARD, POISON and LITA FORD are playing near my house!!!! My hair is screaming for some AQUA NET!!!
Old 08-18-2012, 11:16 AM   #26  
IP Newb

S/C/G: 195/195/140

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saradise View Post
Good morning everyone! Today is off to a great start for me....had my FIRST weigh in! I'm down 6.6, but it looks like 7 if you round the numbers, LOL. I struggled last night with some cravings, but I hung in there. For me, I literally have to take this day by day. I'm proud of myself that I stuck with it for the first 7 days. I so badly want to lose this weight, so I just have to keep my focus in the right place. You guys have been so helpful and motivating....I'm so glad I found this forum! Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

Week 1 WI: -6.6
Well done!! I am with you in day by day!
Old 08-18-2012, 11:44 AM   #27  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Good morning IPeeps

Up and getting ready to get on the road again. DH is starting first as he can go and have breakfast at the goodl breakfast this Days Inn offers. Too many carbs for me though. Not like some motel's breakfast. Home made sausage and biscuits, make your own waffles, bagels, muffins, yogurt, 3 kinds of cereal, juices. He struggles with hypoglycemia, so I'm having to make sure he eats regularily. He's the type who will just go all day without eating if he's doing things. Something I can't even comprehend.

Another on the road protein bar, RTD, Subway day. I will be glad to be at the cottage where I can prepare things for "normal" eating.

Have a great OP Saturday.
Molly
Have a safe drive. My daughter suffered terribly with hypoglycemia, and once she started to low carb it all went away. Which of course makes sense as there are no longer any big spikes with her blood sugar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
Whoo-Hoo!! Phase 3 here I am! It was worth the wait...I set up a peach bread pudding to soak overnight - and I ate every bite, it is a huge amount of food though. Good thing I have a long day shopping at the outlet mall to burn it all off! I've been obsessing and pouring over Phase 3 breakfast recipes for a few weeks now, waiting to earn this payoff and it tastes even better!

I was thinking last night about the folks who find themselves struggling to continue due to the 'blahs'. I had a time where I started loosing focus - had a little more protein, a little looser with my veggie measurements - and came on here and found others in the same boat (Cadu, etc) and we resolved to tighten ship and continue on. It feels reallly great to be finishing this up and going into Maintenance feeling Great, not 'good enough'. It's fantastic to change your goal weight if you find you are truly happy where you are at, but please - Be HAPPY! TRULY HAPPY! Part of this whole process was breaking through the old ways to reach your goal and prove to yourself that you can do it!

All right - off the soap box. I just really want everyone to be successful! You can reallly, truly, 100% honest reach that unattainable place you never thought possible (in my case, size 1/2...lol). Don't give up on yourself!!!
Have fun. I do miss those phase 3 breakfast for sure during my temporary vacation from IP, especially the Greek yogurt. The good news is I'll be back there eventually.

Happy Saturday everyone. We are off to the farmers market for some healthy grass fed meats and organic veggies. Expecting some rain today, so hopefully we make it before the rain shows up.
Old 08-18-2012, 11:56 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

Happy birthday, Aimiloo!!!
Old 08-18-2012, 12:02 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 155/155/125

Height: 5'3.5"

Happy afternoon! It just hit noon here. It is a rainy, dreary, lifetime movie watching type day here in CT. WI#5 was today for another -1.8! As long as I consistently lose, I am OK being in the 1.5lb/week range. It is still much better than when I tried WW.

DH's bday was yesterday and hopefully this weather will clear up so we can do something fun in celebration tonight. He went on a fishing trip yesterday. We have a Carvel Fudgie the Whale ice cream cake in the freezer... all for him!!!

Have a great weekend!!!
Old 08-18-2012, 12:11 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 260/200.6/180

Height: 5' 9"

Good Morning Fellow IPers!

Great week on the scale and NSV. Down another 3 lbs today.

I was also tired of the droopy butt look in my jeans. I started in a tight 18/20. The last month or two my size 16 jeans felt great out of the dryer only to get too loose as the day went on. So, i decided to go to Walmart and grab a size 14 hoping they will fit in a few weeks. Didn't have to wait...THEY FIT PERFECTLY!!!!

I cannot remember the last time I was in a size 14...probably when I was around 12 yrs old (almost 30 years ago). WOW!!! Just so excited today.

We are also going to see the in-laws tonight. Last time I saw them I was only OP for a month. Now I am 3.5 months in and 47.6 lbs down. WOO HOO!!!!

Can't wait to rock the new jeans tonight.

Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend and OP day!
Closed Thread