Enzymes

• Hi, I just ordered the enzymes. I've been on IP alternatives for a couple months and have 3 pounds to go. I've noticed extra bloating feeling and gas the whole time, I believe from the raw veggies.
    A google search turned up an old thread here about the enzymes helping with that. Since I plan on eating veggies and fruits when I phase off, I got the IP enzymes.
    Anyone take them? Has it helped?
    When and how many do I take?

Thanks!
  • Quote: Hi, I just ordered the enzymes. I've been on IP alternatives for a couple months and have 3 pounds to go. I've noticed extra bloating feeling and gas the whole time, I believe from the raw veggies.
    A google search turned up an old thread here about the enzymes helping with that. Since I plan on eating veggies and fruits when I phase off, I got the IP enzymes.
    Anyone take them? Has it helped?
    When and how many do I take?

Thanks!
    I think they help with gas & bloat, especially in combo with novi-lax.

You take the enzymes about 5 minutes before your meal or even just before you start eating.

Start with one at lunch and dinner. You can bump it up to two if you don't think one is helping. You don't really need to take them at breakfast if you are just having a shake or packet.

Keep taking them as you phase off, especially with the bigger lunch and the phase 3 breakfast. I have found with eating a better variety of food, I don't need them for Phase 4 necessarily. Just stay consistent thru your last weeks of P1, then P2 and P3.

Do try it consistently for about a week or so.
  • Thank you for responding, very helpful!
  • Thank you for this info, I was wondering about the enzymes as well.
  • I just restarted this week and am slowly working my way through the remaining supplements I had from my previous journey. I am having a hard time finding alternatives to the enzymes and the anti-oxy that IP offers. I know they're not required, but as a creature of habit and having done well on them before I am nervous to go without. Has anyone found any similar products out there I can order or purchase on the market?
  • I have been taking one of these every day:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...rch_detailpage

I'm on 100% alternative vitamins. These enzymes have worked very well for me.
  • My husband has to take enzymes for other reasons (not IP) but it was suggested to take them immediately after you are finished eating so that full strength stomach acid does not destroy them if they have not been enteric coated.

That way they won't be wasted.

Liana