3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   How do I choose the food for the week? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264671-how-do-i-choose-food-week.html)

Aimiloo 08-16-2012 11:32 AM

How do I choose the food for the week?

I've run about 10 searches and haven't seen much on this so i hope this is not redundant.

I'm in week 1 and my coach gave me tons of different ones, I like that.

But when I go in Tuesday for my WI, what do they say to me about choosing the foods? I know some places make you choose boxes and others let you do packets... I mean my weekly fee (84) covers food for the week right?

Are RTD drinks in food i can choose?

How many things do you choose? I mean we need 21 items for a week in phase 1, I did buy 6 RTD as i'm ot of the house a bit and also use the vanilla as my creamer.

Sorry if this is DUMB but I am clueless. I did see a woman leaving my center with a box of cookies as well as individual packs.

Thanks!

AnnaBoBanna 08-16-2012 11:41 AM

For me, we buy individual packets and can buy how many we want. The first week after my starter kit, I exchanged a few packets I didn't like and then bought a few extras so I could have some choices throughout the week. Now I buy my faves and try to add in a few new things here and there.

Like vanilla pudding. I have it several times a week so I usually buy at least 5. And I always get white cheddar ridges for some lunches. I don't do bars much because I'd prefer a shake in the evening and savory restricteds for lunch.

aliceinseattle 08-16-2012 11:42 AM

It'll depend on your coach because on my first week, my husband got the week 2 set so we could compare and contrast so I made a draft of what I wanted to get the following week but my coach said I had to get the set week 2. They might let you do all the set weeks (1-4) and then you get to choose on your 5th week. Am not sure about this though, just basing it on my experience at the clinic.

Aimiloo 08-16-2012 11:43 AM

So you pay per item? Why did my coach tell me it was 84 a week? That's where I get confused.

I calculated how much my RTDs cost each, and if i multiply that times 21 it's more than 84.

This is why i feel clueless. I know i can call and ask! Just thought i'd check here.

aliceinseattle 08-16-2012 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnaBoBanna (Post 4439324)
For me, we buy individual packets and can buy how many we want. The first week after my starter kit, I exchanged a few packets I didn't like and then bought a few extras so I could have some choices throughout the week. Now I buy my faves and try to add in a few new things here and there.

Like vanilla pudding. I have it several times a week so I usually buy at least 5. And I always get white cheddar ridges for some lunches. I don't do bars much because I'd prefer a shake in the evening and savory restricteds for lunch.

Funny how we all like different stuff! I used to love savory food but since I started on IP, I find myself craving the sweet stuff. My fave pudding so far is the Dark Chocolate. :dizzy:

And I think if I'll get to choose my food, I'll definitely pick up the bars. Can't do without them!

AnnaBoBanna 08-16-2012 11:45 AM

At my place, RTDs are $5, not $4 each. Regular items are $4. 3 items per day for 7 days is 21 items. 21 items at $4 each is $84.00.

Aimiloo 08-16-2012 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnaBoBanna (Post 4439330)
At my place, RTDs are $5, not $4 each. Regular items are $4. 3 items per day for 7 days is 21 items. 21 items at $4 each is $84.00.

AHA! Gotcha, I bet that's where the number comes from! :)

Now i'm curious what he will do! Either way I am taking notes of what I like!

Thank you!

AnnaBoBanna 08-16-2012 11:46 AM

See, the bars to me aren't as filling, though very delicious! I like making a pudding into a nice, frosty shake that fills the blender. Then I have two large, thick glasses of shake. Yum!!

AnnaBoBanna 08-16-2012 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aimiloo (Post 4439332)
AHA! Gotcha, I bet that's where the number comes from! :)

Now i'm curious what he will do! Either way I am taking notes of what I like!

Thank you!

No problem!

Aimiloo 08-16-2012 11:49 AM

Those chocolate soy puffs are my fave. I had those for dessert last night SO FREAKING GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really like the pudding as a shake too. So much better than the fake sweet of some of the fruit drinks.

AnnaBoBanna 08-16-2012 11:53 AM

Yes I love the soy puffs too, wicked good! I don't really like any of the fruity drinks, maybe the occasional wildberry yogurt shake.

I did make a strawberry shake with the strawberry pudding and WF strawberry syrup...yum!! I did WF chocolate syrup with the banana pudding, too.

exactor 08-16-2012 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aimiloo (Post 4439311)
I've run about 10 searches and haven't seen much on this so i hope this is not redundant.

I'm in week 1 and my coach gave me tons of different ones, I like that.

But when I go in Tuesday for my WI, what do they say to me about choosing the foods? I know some places make you choose boxes and others let you do packets... I mean my weekly fee (84) covers food for the week right?

Are RTD drinks in food i can choose?

How many things do you choose? I mean we need 21 items for a week in phase 1, I did buy 6 RTD as i'm ot of the house a bit and also use the vanilla as my creamer.

Sorry if this is DUMB but I am clueless. I did see a woman leaving my center with a box of cookies as well as individual packs.

Thanks!

I think every clinic is run differently. The one I go to gave me a starter kit for the first week with a sample of alot of different packets - I think I had about 27 different items - and I was charged per item. Then starting the second week, I go online onto their website and order whatever I want the day before my appointment and they have it ready when I go in the next day and I pay for it when I pick it up. We're allowed to purchase single packets ($4) or boxes ($28). Sometimes I'll order more than the 21 items I'll need for the week just so I'll have enough of a selection and in case they run out of something for the next week or if I have to postpone my weigh-in for a day or two.

sanibelover 08-16-2012 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnaBoBanna (Post 4439330)

It is the same at my clinic - we can buy individual packets.

Delgen 08-16-2012 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnaBoBanna (Post 4439334)
See, the bars to me aren't as filling, though very delicious! I like making a pudding into a nice, frosty shake that fills the blender. Then I have two large, thick glasses of shake. Yum!!

And adding spinach and/or lettuce helps bulk it up.,

Shem7412 08-16-2012 12:31 PM

Have you spoken to your coach about this? And were you given a sheet about which foods are restricted (for your 1 a day choice if you want) vs. the non-restrictives?

Its is great your coach gave you a variety your first week to try so that you arent stuck with a whole box of food you dont like at all.

For me when I began this program what I did was create a worksheet that basically had the 3 times a day I would eat IP and then I would astrick my restricted since I did do one a day as recommended. Some people dont eat any restricted that is up to you however i found it helped me stick to program and not cheat. It gave me something to look forward to as well.

So I would pick a few new things I hadnt tried each week and I would go with things I know for sure that I loved ...
Here is just an example of what I mean, and of course with each of my lunches I would either have a salad with 2 cups veggies and WF salad dressings or 2 cups of steamed veggies with a yummy seasoning sea salt.
I like to do that for soups, and even add the veggies into the soup.

Breakfast Lunch Snack
1. Omlete, Mushroom soup, *Chocolate soy puffs
2. Vanilla pudding, Chocolate drink mix, *Choc / PB bar
3. Cappucino drink, *Sw cheese curls, Strawberry pudding milkshake
4. *oatmeal, Leek soup, vanilla RTD in coffee
5. strawberry pudding (waffles), Choc RTD, *Apple cinnamon soy puffs
6. crispy ceral (pancakes), *White Choc bar, butterscotch pudding
7. choc pudding milkshake, chicken noodle soup, *Peant soy puffs

Hope this helps you