Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 06:34 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Default IP Daily Chat Wednesday 08/15/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19

Last edited by rissimo; 08-15-2012 at 06:36 AM.
Old 08-15-2012, 06:39 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 330/319/230

Height: 6'-0

Had WI number 7 yesterday. was hoping for 8 pounds. got close 7.4. worke a little harder this week and maybe i can get there. have a great day all.
Old 08-15-2012, 07:02 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 258.4/163.6/168.4

Height: 5' 3"

Good morning all! Hope you have a terrific OP day. Yesterday a funny thing happened - I was talking to someone I had just met the day before and my pants were a bit long, so I was complaining about being short. She said, "Oh - you have to shop at GAP" and I replied, "They don't have my size at GAP" - she said, "Sure they do!" and then I realized she was right!! I had to explain that I have lost some weight recently _ but it felt GREAT to have someone see me that way! Off to make my mini-muffins from my chocolate shake mix - then a long day at work.

Have a terrific OP day!
Old 08-15-2012, 07:09 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 276/212.4/160

Height: 5'7

Good morning everyone...Happy OP day!!
Old 08-15-2012, 07:13 AM   #5  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy View Post
Had WI number 7 yesterday. was hoping for 8 pounds. got close 7.4. worke a little harder this week and maybe i can get there. have a great day all.
Great job Big Daddy! That's a fabulous loss!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakegirl View Post
Good morning all! Hope you have a terrific OP day. Yesterday a funny thing happened - I was talking to someone I had just met the day before and my pants were a bit long, so I was complaining about being short. She said, "Oh - you have to shop at GAP" and I replied, "They don't have my size at GAP" - she said, "Sure they do!" and then I realized she was right!! I had to explain that I have lost some weight recently _ but it felt GREAT to have someone see me that way! Off to make my mini-muffins from my chocolate shake mix - then a long day at work.

Have a terrific OP day!
I have discovered Gap too! I love the clothes there. I'm like you, I avoid stores because my "fat" mind doesn't quite get the fact that my body is now thin. I'm sure they'll meld into one someday.

NSV for me yesterday. I went to the salon to get my hair done yesterday. Well the salon owner hasn't seen me in several months. She's always out when I go in. Well, she did a double take when she saw me. It was so funny. I really get a kick out of people's reactions.
Old 08-15-2012, 07:21 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Hello all,
I'm interested in a dehydrator - for those who have bought one adn are either very pleased or rather displeased, which model did you buy and please advise how valuable this appliance is.

Thanks and have a great OP day!
Old 08-15-2012, 08:03 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 219.2/188.6/170

Height: 5'10"

I was just at the Gap this weekend - bought a pair of size 14 jeans. I tried on 2 other pair of size 14 capris and shorts, but they were still too tight. But, still happy, since I had been wearing 18's. I'm just mad at myself - I did a closet clean out right before I started this diet and donated all my too small jeans to Goodwill. Now I'm sure they would fit! Oh well. Just an excuse to buy new!!

I get the stitches in my arm out today - I'm glad because I keep thinking I have a fly on my arm when I see them!! I'm also going to the Chiropractor today, who I haven't seen since before I started this, also. He's going to be pretty impressed, especially that I haven't had any soda in almost 11 weeks!!

Have a great IP day everyone!!
Old 08-15-2012, 08:37 AM   #8  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Good morning. NSV this morning. Looking for clothes and only found one pair of pants that would fit. I have a stack of at least ten pair on the counter, I might put on ebay as a lot. they range from 50 to 60! I am in a pair of 48" so there is a foot of girth gone for freaking ever! I can tell these pants will not last long either. I pulled my duty belt out and tried it on. Then laughed and walked out to the living room, reminded everyone I'd not been in uniform for almost six weeks, buckled it and let go of it. It crashed to the floor with a clunk. There was one more hole to go in on the adjustment, I did that and it had the same result! Sooooooo I'm feeling pretty happy today. Just had my IP omelet with a cup of green peppers. and I am full!

I get to meet Dankin and her husband tomorrow, looking forward to meeting one of my 3fc sisters!
Old 08-15-2012, 08:41 AM   #9  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Great work brother. Don't be disappointed but keep setting challenging goals so you stay motivated. 7.4 pounds is freaking awesome.

Quote:

Have a terrific OP day!
Yup wuv corrected me a few weeks back I was talking about needing new clothes and a new belt because the stuff I had was too small, nope it was too big. I also have trouble remembering it is 300 something I weigh not 400 something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewingMomma View Post
Great job Big Daddy! That's a fabulous loss!

I have discovered Gap too! I love the clothes there. I'm like you, I avoid stores because my "fat" mind doesn't quite get the fact that my body is now thin. I'm sure they'll meld into one someday.

NSV for me yesterday. I went to the salon to get my hair done yesterday. Well the salon owner hasn't seen me in several months. She's always out when I go in. Well, she did a double take when she saw me. It was so funny. I really get a kick out of people's reactions.
Awesome! I had a young trooper stop by work yesterday, he looked at me and said, you've lost a lot of weight. It made my day.
Old 08-15-2012, 08:43 AM   #10  

I'm still looking forward to that "not hungry" feeling from ketosis. I was on Atkins back in 2003-04 and lost 100 lbs and never got "not hungry". It didn't stop me from losing weight and won't stop me this time either gut geez...can't a girl get a break?

So much of true hunger is in my head that ketosis can't fix that!

Happy OP day everyone!

Last edited by lisa32989; 08-15-2012 at 08:48 AM.
Old 08-15-2012, 08:47 AM   #11  
Started IP 12 Apr 12

S/C/G: 270/179/170

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Congrats, great WI

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Good morning. NSV this morning. Looking for clothes and only found one pair of pants that would fit. I have a stack of at least ten pair on the counter, I might put on ebay as a lot. they range from 50 to 60! I am in a pair of 48" so there is a foot of girth gone for freaking ever! I can tell these pants will not last long either. I pulled my duty belt out and tried it on. Then laughed and walked out to the living room, reminded everyone I'd not been in uniform for almost six weeks, buckled it and let go of it. It crashed to the floor with a clunk. There was one more hole to go in on the adjustment, I did that and it had the same result! Sooooooo I'm feeling pretty happy today. Just had my IP omelet with a cup of green peppers. and I am full!

I get to meet Dankin and her husband tomorrow, looking forward to meeting one of my 3fc sisters!
you go Vet, that is just wonderful, I love hearing NSVs!

Thank you to all of you that congratulated me yesterday on my weight loss. I got super busy and did not get a chance to log in to this thread. I appreciate the encouragement you all give to me

Have a great day all!
Old 08-15-2012, 08:48 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 202/150/147

Height: 5'2"

Wow, all, awesome NSV's. This is so encouraging. I continue to shrink as well. I ordered a couple things from on line. XL is huge. I never would have thought this would ever be true! Amazed, but loving the diet. My losses are small, but adding up!
Old 08-15-2012, 08:50 AM   #13  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I'm still looking forward to that "not hungry" feeling from ketosis. I was on Atkins back in 2003-04 and lost 100 lbs and never got "not hungry". So much of true hunger is in my head that ketosis can't fix that!

Happy OP day everyone!
After 8.5 months OP, the only time I get hungry is when my body is truly hungry. Gone are the days of the mental hunger. I love that I can now recognize the difference.
Old 08-15-2012, 09:04 AM   #14  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I'm still looking forward to that "not hungry" feeling from ketosis. I was on Atkins back in 2003-04 and lost 100 lbs and never got "not hungry". It didn't stop me from losing weight and won't stop me this time either gut geez...can't a girl get a break?

So much of true hunger is in my head that ketosis can't fix that!

Happy OP day everyone!
I'm on week 6 and still get hungry throughout the day. I did notice when I make muffins out of the oatmeal, it helps with the hunger. That way I can spread that restricted out during the day. One packet makes 3 muffins.
Old 08-15-2012, 09:04 AM   #15  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Hey, don't beat yourself up, blame the 0.6 difference on a bit of water retention

Quote:

Have a terrific OP day!
I know that feeling I still look at other peep's progress bars and stats and think "Man, I can't wait until I can get to that weight!" and then I realize, I AM that weight, kind of a great feeling

Quote:
Originally Posted by julied31 View Post
I was just at the Gap this weekend - bought a pair of size 14 jeans. I tried on 2 other pair of size 14 capris and shorts, but they were still too tight. But, still happy, since I had been wearing 18's. I'm just mad at myself - I did a closet clean out right before I started this diet and donated all my too small jeans to Goodwill. Now I'm sure they would fit! Oh well. Just an excuse to buy new!!

I get the stitches in my arm out today - I'm glad because I keep thinking I have a fly on my arm when I see them!! I'm also going to the Chiropractor today, who I haven't seen since before I started this, also. He's going to be pretty impressed, especially that I haven't had any soda in almost 11 weeks!!

Have a great IP day everyone!!
Yay new clothes! I have to go shopping here too soon, I'm down to one pair of pants that fits me and one pair that's only "slightly" too big, the rest fall off my butt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post

Congrats on the NSV Vet, you are totally kicking tail and taking names!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewingMomma View Post
After 8.5 months OP, the only time I get hungry is when my body is truly hungry. Gone are the days of the mental hunger. I love that I can now recognize the difference.
I hope I'm still in some form of ketosis, but have this sinking suspicion that I'm not, as I've been hungry for the first time since I can remember now
Closed Thread