Old 08-14-2012, 05:42 PM   #1  

S/C/G: re-start date 4/1/13

Height: 5'5"

Cool Lack of coach support? 1st weigh in.

Today was my first weigh -in and I lost almost 8 lbs. yippee! That is great and I am happy with that, but.....
I got almost zero support, encouragement, etc for my "coach". What she did was weigh me, measure me, and ask if I needed product. I asked if I was going to see the physicians Assistant that originally saw me last week and she said no, that the nurse will see me from now on. I was very surprised at that as the nurse that weighed me did not know very much about the program. In fact I knew more than her. Now I am curious about what the "typical" weigh in is for other IPers. I guess that I expected at least a little bit of coaching and at least an offering of ideas, etc. Maybe I was expecting too much! I will have to turn to all of you here for my questions and ideas! ( My IP is offered thru our local hospital and is located at my doctors office using a Physician Assistant). Thanks!
iwiggy58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 06:09 PM   #2  

My coach is a chiropractor's wife. She said she'd call me the first few days to see how things were going but never did. She gives me a few handouts when I'm there, weighs & measures me & sells me product.

Everything I've learned/am learning is right here!

And I had had done my research before I went in for my first visit
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 06:45 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 297/297/175

I have a great coach! I'm on my fourth week and she calls/texts me at least 3 times a week. And when I go in we sit down and we talk about any struggles I've had and what we can change to make it easier. She also prints out new recipes for me to try. We weigh and measure and she gets almost more excited than me sometimes haha! I buy food and if I didn't like something she always let's me trade packages!

I hope it gets easier for you. Honestly you are paying real good money and you should be getting real good support! It's your buck and speak up if you don't like the way things are going.

Way to go on your 8 pound loss !!!!! That's fantastic!
SheenaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 07:06 PM   #4  
IP Newb

S/C/G: 195/195/140

Height: 5'4

Great loss! I'm only on day 2 but I've gotten a call from my coaches three times over 2 days and i had my weigh/measure session today and my coach and I chatted and I asked questions.

He's not forthcoming with recipes, but as far as support their office seems to be good. I do know it dies down after the first week, but I can call whenever obviously.
Aimiloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:02 PM   #5  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Trust me when I say you have HUNDRED's of coaches right here on this site at your fingertips. Having a bad day, check in here someone will help ya out.....have a question, ask.....we will find an answer....make suggestions...we will run with it....had a good weigh in....let us know we will tell you good job....had a bad weigh in ....let us know, we will pick you up and let you know you aren't alone. You my friend have entered the world of the IP family.....you will make more friends than you ever thought you would ever make. Check in on the daily thread, just say good morning....make it an accountability factor for yourself. You will be surprised how much that will help you....Good luck in your journey....oh yea and if you need "tough love" we (mostly me) will give it to you.....hahahaha
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 11:15 PM   #6  

Thank you all so much!!
Old 08-15-2012, 07:54 AM   #7  
Dieting Since Birth!

S/C/G: 308/ Ticker /208

IP coaches are sometimes wonderful people....who care and who are TRAINED to handle the IP client professionally and with a deep knowledge base. But try and find one! Haha!

Seems from all the reading I have done here on the forum that most are not trained at all, and I can tell you that the people here know a whole bunch more then the average coach. The only qualification to be an IP coach seems to be you must be living, you must be available to work your shift, and you must push the IP product line. In case you can't tell, I am anti-coach, anti-IP clinic, and anti-give them all your money.

Lets face it...for the clinic, (a business), it is all about the money. The heavy people are on "cattle call" and rolled through the fat-mill.

Do your plan, and look HERE for real answers and REAL & GENUINE support...because unless your ,mama is still alive, this is the only place you will get it!
Cheers!
Jake
mammoth357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:17 AM   #8  
IP Start: 11/18/13

S/C/G: 186/186/130

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwiggy58 View Post
Today was my first weigh -in and I lost almost 8 lbs. yippee! That is great and I am happy with that, but.....
I got almost zero support, encouragement, etc for my "coach". What she did was weigh me, measure me, and ask if I needed product. I asked if I was going to see the physicians Assistant that originally saw me last week and she said no, that the nurse will see me from now on. I was very surprised at that as the nurse that weighed me did not know very much about the program. In fact I knew more than her. Now I am curious about what the "typical" weigh in is for other IPers. I guess that I expected at least a little bit of coaching and at least an offering of ideas, etc. Maybe I was expecting too much! I will have to turn to all of you here for my questions and ideas! ( My IP is offered thru our local hospital and is located at my doctors office using a Physician Assistant). Thanks!
My coach is the exact same way. I often find I know more about the program than she does... just from research and being on this site. At first, like you, it really bothered me. Now I just look at the appointment as me stepping on the scale and being measured just so that I can purchase the food. It stops there. There is no coaching, no advice given. I don't even think my coach has been on the program for more than a few days at a time. She is excited for me as the weight and inches come off, and she will allow me to exchange packets if I don't like them... she's nice, but not a "coach" and not too knowledgable.
ashmeg07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 09:59 AM   #9  
~John Wayne~ On:6/21/2012

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwiggy58 View Post
Thank you all so much!!
Hey there. Coaches are a dime a dozen, but the advice you can get on this site is priceless! I had the same questions you had when I started. Read some of the responses I got here and you will see all coaches are different. You can find great support and advice here in the forums. Good luck with the program.
jwdesselle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:02 PM   #10  

Well at least I now feel that I am not the only one with a less than perfect coach. I will absolutely turn to this forum for my "better than perfect" coach!
I am fairly new to this forum and I do know there is at least one IP coach that has helped a huge amount of people as she is going thru this journey right along with us. Thank you WUV2BLOVED!!!!