Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 03:32 PM   #106  
IP Start date 8-11-12

S/C/G: 204/204/125

Height: 5'6

Congratulations to everyone who has lost weight! You guys are so much motivation to me!!!!

I am on day 4....I've got a little headache lingering and been having some cravings and hunger here and there. I just made a hot tea and that seems to have calmed down the hunger pain. As far as the headache, I'm just drinking as much water as I can. I definitely get all of my salt in, so that's not a problem! LOL.

I've lost 4 lbs in 3 days!!!!
Old 08-14-2012, 03:32 PM   #107  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitgirl2012 View Post
Good luck Big Daddy! And way to go usmcvet!
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakin View Post
Good morning I Peeps!

Nice job Vet! (Check your PM)
Looking forward to meeting you and DH! Can you swing that dress on the Harley I downloaded the calorie counter app, thanks for the tip. I've been slacking with my journal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
WOW! That's fantastic!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwdesselle View Post
Way to go! Passing that half way mark is HUGE
It feels great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaMaZu View Post
Wow, so incredible! The amazing shrinking man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy View Post
All i can say is wow!!!!!!! damn dude that is awesome.

Thanks Dude. You're doing great too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swerdna59 View Post
Amazing USMCVET!
Thank you!

Quote:

good. I see it out the window this morning and a funny thought entered my mind. I wonder if I shot that truck with a bazooka how funny all that fried food would look flying in the air. (of course no one gets hurt in my thought)

Just wanted to share in order to take some power out of that devil truck parked outside.
I can't get you a bazooka but I can bring some snowballs down in January!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I will keep repeating until I am (blue in the face), ALL weigh-ins that are not gains are GOOD weigh ins!

So I was down 1 lb on my weigh-in yesterday. Since ALL weigh-ins that are not gains are good weigh-ins, I'll take it. My coach thought it was low b/c of the less-than-optimal chicken dinner on Sun nite. She said I did great with my choice but thought I could have been retaining some water & I should see a difference next week. The measuring tape told the story with an additional FIVE inch reduction.

It is TRULY not all measured on the scale.

We can all get in such a big hurry. I'm a huge culprit. Just need to remember the tortoise and the hare. Who won that race? Slow and steady!

Last nite I organized all my packets for the week. They're all in Ziploc bags labeled for the day. So easy to just pull out the bag for the day. Today I need to stop for lettuce, broccoli or cauliflower, and some EAS vanilla RTD (I'll use that instead of IP RTD in my coffee, saving $$ for IP packets for meals). I'm still on my spinach/lettuce dark chocolate pudding/coffee smoothie kick for breakfast and my soup with pureed veggies kick for lunch. When that gets boring I'll change it up. I don't think I could do those soups without the pureed veggies, what a difference some REAL FOOD makes!

Have a great 100% OP day
I do the zip lock bag thing too, especially when traveling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewingMomma View Post
Good luck! I hope you have a great WI!

That's fantastic! Halfway is a big deal! You must be on cloud 9!

You are so funny! I'll drive downtown and help you take out the Chicken Shack. I think fried chicken flying through the air would be awesome! Hang tough my friend!
Halfway is awesom.

Quote:
This is awesome. Just installed!!!!
Me too thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimiloo View Post
usmcvet that is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!

I'm on day 2 here. Holy heck did I have a head ache last night and when I woke up this morning! YOWIE! I did some Reiki on myself (I have my level 1 certificate) and that definately took some of the bite away, but I also put some sea salt in my water (eww i'd rather just eat off the spoon) and it dimmed.

I go in for my start WI and measurements today with my coach. They called me twice yesterday which was awesome! I'm very happy to be here and so appreciative of the support!
You will get through it. This place rocks, the first week was awful for me too. But I also lost thirty pounds that week. I was pretty dizzy most of the week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
So awesome!

Congrats on the missing pound and missing inches!! I love the Ziploc bag system, I really think it's the glue that's holding my progress together right now! Now I have to plan ahead and make some purees to add in to the soup days
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post

MAN ON A MISSION!!!!

EXCELLENT PLANNING, EXCELLENT ATTITUDE, EXCELLENT YOU!!!
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shathom View Post
Good morning all, I just came from WI #16 and was down 4.5 pounds and 5 inches!!!!! Woohoo, I've come half way now!
Shatom you and I were WI buddies, on Thursdays for quite a while. I am happy we both busted through to the other side together, even if it's a Tuesday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimeed3 View Post
Good luck to you on your weigh in this afternoon. Mine is also today, YIKES!

Whooohooo Go VET!!! You are awesome!!!
You're sweet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBig View Post
Hi iPeeps!! long time no chat

lots going on ...still OP. downn 46lbs....

Well ... last week was my last week on my job. Rebounding by going full time with Zumba and Group Fitness at Merritt Athletic club.

door closed, and a window flew open.

My only concern is not being able to afford to do IP. but we will see....

Wishing everyone an OP day!
Awesome, 46 pounds is huge. You must feel so much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargirl66 View Post
That's amazing progress, WoW!!! You're going to get to your goal before you know it
I'm feeling pretty positive about it today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
Hey guys, back from Sturgis, no I did not get a pic of ***-less chaps, I did end up going topless at one point and got my chest painted, very well done and peeps didn't even know I was topless, was crazy liberating!

Kara
Kara,

HOTTIE! Wild Child. You look awesome in your new photo. I am disapointed you did not think to share your paint job with all of us here on 3fc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osohealthy View Post
Way AWESOME... I see more cookie baking in your future!
Absolutely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
Woo Hoo!!!

Woo Hoo to you too!!!
Thanks Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delgen View Post
Way to go! You are doing fantastic! Half way is so motivating!
It feels great and honestly all of you here make it feel even better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitgirl2012 View Post
Well, good morning my IP family!

I've been reflecting on my past year (or two). In 2010, I got down to 105.5 pounds...15.3% body fat. I know that at 5'5 1/2" that is really underweight, but I felt great!! I worked out 2 hours a day, 6 days a week...P90X, which consists of 3 days of strength training, Plyo, Yoga, Kickboxing, plus my added 1 hour walks at 5 mph, 7,8, 9, & 10% inclines really did the trick - along with eating around 1200 calories a day. I almost hated going places because I frequently got the look that "oh my gosh...she is too skinny (but very toned!)" I also hated going to family functions because I knew that nothing healthy would be served...so I'd try to "sneak by" without eating there so that I could eat at home. So my question is, where did it all go wrong? According to my husband, family & friends, I am a perfectionist. This is bad...because when things don't go according to plan, I fall off the wagon & resort to emotional eating. With the posts the other day in the "Slip Up" thread...I could totally relate. However, instead of going for 1 day of ROYALLY gorging myself, I'd go a whole week or two...feeling more and more miserable. Emotional eating has done me in...and so has having to have everything just right. My hopes are, in addition to a major weight loss of 40 pounds, to know how to eat better. I'm a carb addict...and so I'm hoping to overcome that. Also, I want to be able to curb the exercising down to a max of 1 hour 15 minutes (when I do start up again) AND be able to enjoy family gatherings (on mainentance) without feeling guilty.

Today is my 38th birthday. I resolve to, first of all, get back to the positive old me! In addition, I resolve to continue to be 100% OP (I'm on day 9 with 100% so far) & retrain my body how to eat correctly...to only eat when hungry. I initially started this program on July 5th...went 20 days & then fell off the wagon...went on to binge for 1 1/2 weeks. I didn't know this site even existed. I feel so much more on plan this time because of all of you wonderful & inspiring souls!! Really, whenever I've wanted to exercise, or eat because I was upset, I just read these forums...it takes my mind off of it & puts me in a better place.

Ok...I've obviously said way to much. I am just so grateful to have found my IP family!! :-) Have a GREAT day! :-)
Happy Birthday. Today is my son's 10th birthday. You've not said too much. I feel very safe here and share pretty personal stuff too. This is a great place to get help and share. I don't think you will find a more supportive place around. We are here for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Vet,
I am so happy for you!!
Thanks Chloe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delgen View Post

Wow!
both you and usmcvet are half way!

Today must be National Half Way Day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEJEWEL View Post
AWESOME!!! Half way is terrific!!! What is keeping your motivated the most?
HAHA, there you are! Was wondering where you were. You look fantastic! Congratulations, and you know I am 50 and still have a skirt from highschool..it was the last gift my dad bought me before he died....I doubt I will ever fit in it, but I keep it, because it was from him! Size 7 back in the late 70's so what that is probably a 2 or a 4 today....I am not a fashion person, but isnt it true sizes have changed over the years?
I still have my Marine Corps Dress Blues! I know I will never fit in them again but I have kept them, they’re special to me. Focus. Well I was pretty depressed about my weight for many years. I am starting to feel good about myself. I can move and breathe so much easier now. The change is huge.
I don’t think I’ve shared this here much before but at 470 just wiping my butt was hard and sometimes I just couldn’t get it done right and would take a shower and use the hand sprayer to clean up. It was horrifying, embarrassing and depressing. The other day I dropped something sitting in my truck. I was parked but sighed because I thought I would have to get out to pick it up off the floor. I unbuckled and reached for the door before I realized, I could reach it! Not sure if any of you have read the five love languages, good book. Well my love language is physical touch. Cuddling and intimacy are my love language, it’s how I tend to show love and how I need/want love. Well sex was not easy, very infrequent and not very good. That has changed quite a bit lately and motivated me. Seeing my face in the mirror, usually while driving, is still a shock. My face is so much leaner that it used to be.
Thanks for asking, it is good to remember. I will never be that heavy again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post
Hi all! Back from Vegas and back to work! And back in ketosis. hehe. Coach told me it was okay to have one celebratory drink while I was away so I did. I'm sure it knocked me out but as of yesterday (my first chance to test when we got home) I'm back in, so I'm happy. WI tonight but I'm not expecting much and I'm totally okay with that. TOM just left and I'm sure I'm retaining water from the air travel, and I'm not going to freak out or worry myself over a bad week, especially since last week was so danged good. So we shall see!

Here's a pic from our trip!

usmc and shathom, congrats on getting over that halfway hump! Feels amazing, eh?

julied - re inches. Every clinic seems to measure them differently, that's for sure! At WI last week I was 105lbs lost and 41 inches down if that helps give you an example. My chest, waist, hips, and one arm/one thigh get measured.
That is how I am measured too. Mightbe mentioned it but the way my clothes feel changes often before the scale drops. I love your Vegas Photo! Thanks for coming south and spending your loonies here in the states, I know they need it in Vegas! Again I love your photo. I really like the way you are touching your hubby, very cute, very loving! Half way feels great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightbe View Post
Vet and Shathom...wonderful job on hitting the halfway point!
Very strange WI today. I only lost 1 pound and 1/2 inch but the pants that I have been wearing to weigh in are suddenly baggy. I guess it must be from places that aren't being measured!?! Oh well, I will take it!

Good luck to all of you that WI today!
Get ready for the whoosh, those loose pants are telling you something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
Usmc - How cool is that? More than half way!!!!! Congrats!
Very Cool. The support here makes it even better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
USMCVET!!! - You are on the other side of the line! It's all downhill from here brother! Did you read my post last weekend about my dream? Recap: I met you at a clothing store - you were exchanging never worn 5X shirts for XL, I ate a cream puff and you stayed 100% OP. I HATE food dreams, but it was great to "meet" you!
Liz, I did not see the original post, I saw it quoted but did not know it was about me.
It was not a cream puff! You gave me a big hug and a kiss………on the cheek! Totally OP!
Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
Whoo Hoo! Blew by my halfway point at WI this morning! Am down another 7.8 lbs (after deducting the weight of my cast) & 2 inches in the last 12 days!!!! Even better though...I've gone from being "Obese" to being "Overweight" on the BMI scale. For some reason, I'm feeling kind of humbled about all this today. Weird...
Whoo Hoo three of us made it past the half way point today! It is all down hill now! But there is still a lot of work to be done, on my end any way.

http://www.5lovelanguages.com/learn-...ove-languages/

Last edited by usmcvet; 08-14-2012 at 03:33 PM.
Old 08-14-2012, 03:45 PM   #108  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saradise View Post
Congratulations to everyone who has lost weight! You guys are so much motivation to me!!!!

I am on day 4....I've got a little headache lingering and been having some cravings and hunger here and there. I just made a hot tea and that seems to have calmed down the hunger pain. As far as the headache, I'm just drinking as much water as I can. I definitely get all of my salt in, so that's not a problem! LOL.

I've lost 4 lbs in 3 days!!!!
Good job! The first 2 weeks are the best to get you motivated.
Old 08-14-2012, 03:49 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 145/124.8/120

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11togo View Post
Hi I'm new on the site it's my 17 day on the ip and i weigh myself every day it gets me though giving up my wine and icecream, I've lost 9lb so far but this week my weight has stay the same i guess i would like to know if this has happen to any of you i have not cheated at all
My weight at WI was the same for three weeks in a row. This week is going to be good. Sometimes your body has to catch up. Just because the scale says you're not losing pounds doesn't mean changes aren't happening. I'm so glad my monkey mind didn't talk me into believing this isn't working, because it DOES work. Now I am thin. Whoosh!
Old 08-14-2012, 03:54 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 145/124.8/120

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by exactor View Post
They have it at King Sooper's in Parker . If you're not near there, maybe other stores have it?
I'm in central Denver. I will keep looking for it! Thanks!
Old 08-14-2012, 04:17 PM   #111  
Started IP 3/26/12

Hello to all you fellow I Peeps!

There are so many great WIs and NSVs, etc., today - I can't begin to remember them all individually, so I'll just congratulate everyone.

Business as usual here today. Although I'm concentrating on getting extra water today, and watching my sodium intake so i can hopefully get a good WI result tomorrow. I've noticed on days when I have a higher sodium intake my weight goes up the next day because I retain water, and I don't want that to happen tomorrow on WI day.

My Hamilton Beach 1/2 pint ice cream maker was just delivered, and I've already got it washed and the bowls sitting in the freezer of my fridge in preparation for icecream making. Too bad I have to wait 8 hrs for the bowls to thoroughly chill - I might be making ice cream at midnight. LOL. Any of you who have this cute little unit have any ice cream recipes you recommend? I'm really looking forward to trying it.
Old 08-14-2012, 04:18 PM   #112  

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
Thank you
Old 08-14-2012, 04:47 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 170/168/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimiloo View Post
usmcvet that is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!

I'm on day 2 here. Holy heck did I have a head ache last night and when I woke up this morning! YOWIE! I did some Reiki on myself (I have my level 1 certificate) and that definately took some of the bite away, but I also put some sea salt in my water (eww i'd rather just eat off the spoon) and it dimmed.

I go in for my start WI and measurements today with my coach. They called me twice yesterday which was awesome! I'm very happy to be here and so appreciative of the support!
Welcome to Ip! I've always wanted to learn reiki! How did you get into it?
Old 08-14-2012, 04:47 PM   #114  
IP Start date 8-11-12

S/C/G: 204/204/125

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by locopollo View Post
My weight at WI was the same for three weeks in a row. This week is going to be good. Sometimes your body has to catch up. Just because the scale says you're not losing pounds doesn't mean changes aren't happening. I'm so glad my monkey mind didn't talk me into believing this isn't working, because it DOES work. Now I am thin. Whoosh!
I tell myself that everyday...that if I don't lose, it's because my body has to catch up!
Old 08-14-2012, 05:04 PM   #115  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Just weighed in this morning. Checked a few times then called for back up from my wife. She read the scale and said, 341 or 342. I looked at her and smiled, because that's all I could read too. She crouched down and said 341 and gave me a high five. So I am down 129 as of this morning! Today is day one past the half way mark.
It's all down hill from here, in a good way of course.

Quote:
Something I do, just in general, when I face a hurdle, obstacle, something in my way, is to face it head on. Admit that that thing could be trouble. This sort of takes the power away from it.

Here in downtown Baton Rouge, where we really have great food on every corner just about, we get these food trucks that park along the streets for lunch. They really don't get to me, except for this one, The Chicken Shack. Imagine your grandmother's fried chicken on Sunday afternoons. Imagine any other fried goodies you can think of. This truck has all of it and it is good. I see it out the window this morning and a funny thought entered my mind. I wonder if I shot that truck with a bazooka how funny all that fried food would look flying in the air. (of course no one gets hurt in my thought)

Just wanted to share in order to take some power out of that devil truck parked outside.
I feel your pain. Food trailers are really BIG in Austin and one looks more yummy than the last. My first free day I'm heading to one called Bananarchy, which has all of these wonderful sauces to pour over frozen bananas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof3girls View Post
Congratulations on all the losses this week. I love seeing the progress pictures they are so motivating.

Well I was forced into starting school today My friend was going to wait until after Labor Day and I was so excited since I spent my summer recuperating and not getting anything done. She and everyone else started yesterday. My girls were begging to start today so I might as well start when they are willing to learn. I guess that is the beauty of homeschooling. 1 day down 179 to go. When we end this school year I WILL be fit and healthy.

Have a great Thursday!
We start back to homeschooling next week, although now that my son is in high school, most of his subjects are taught outside our home or online. It's more like roam schooling for us these days than homeschooling. All of those courses start next week. I'm teaching US history and English at home so I really need to get organized this week. I wish I could say my son is begging to start this week, but then again not too many 14 year olds are begging to start early. He's trying to get every last bit of summer in before he gets loaded down with subjects, and all of his extra curricular activities.

How long have you been homeschooling? This will be our 7th year.
Old 08-14-2012, 05:33 PM   #116  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Thanks for the link. I've heard about this and plan to take the assessment and have DH also.

Also, great on passing halfway. You are going to Disney soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
Hello to all you fellow I Peeps!

My Hamilton Beach 1/2 pint ice cream maker was just delivered, and I've already got it washed and the bowls sitting in the freezer of my fridge in preparation for icecream making. Too bad I have to wait 8 hrs for the bowls to thoroughly chill - I might be making ice cream at midnight. LOL. Any of you who have this cute little unit have any ice cream recipes you recommend? I'm really looking forward to trying it.
I started to make ice cream yesterday and like you, had to wait 8 hours. Your post made me get up and make my last night's ice cream right now. First attempt doesn't seem like it may be right. The thing is very precise; has to frozen in a 0F degree freezer, don't take the bowl out more than 5 minutes before (I probably had it our a tad longer), don't add more than 12oz. I just followed the recipe below and dumped it in (have to do that fast too and get beater going immediately). I won't give up but this is only froze on the sides, the rest is still pudding.

When you try let us know.

Molly

Strawberry, rhubarb cheesecake ice cream.

2 cups of frozen rhubarb microwaved until mushy, then added a Tbls or two of WF strawberry syrup and cooled some. Put it in my magic bullet with 4 oz. Of water and a packet of Healthsmart cheesecake pudding (vanilla would work). And then put it in my new Hamilton Beach half pint ice cream maker for 10 to 15 min and yummy! Before I just put it in the freezer and stirred a few times until frosty enough.
Old 08-14-2012, 06:21 PM   #117  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Thanks for the link. I've heard about this and plan to take the assessment and have DH also.

Also, great on passing halfway. You are going to Disney soon.

I started to make ice cream yesterday and like you, had to wait 8 hours. Your post made me get up and make my last night's ice cream right now. First attempt doesn't seem like it may be right. The thing is very precise; has to frozen in a 0F degree freezer, don't take the bowl out more than 5 minutes before (I probably had it our a tad longer), don't add more than 12oz. I just followed the recipe below and dumped it in (have to do that fast too and get beater going immediately). I won't give up but this is only froze on the sides, the rest is still pudding.

When you try let us know.

Molly

Strawberry, rhubarb cheesecake ice cream.

2 cups of frozen rhubarb microwaved until mushy, then added a Tbls or two of WF strawberry syrup and cooled some. Put it in my magic bullet with 4 oz. Of water and a packet of Healthsmart cheesecake pudding (vanilla would work). And then put it in my new Hamilton Beach half pint ice cream maker for 10 to 15 min and yummy! Before I just put it in the freezer and stirred a few times until frosty enough.
Thx Molly. Yes, I've thoroughly read the operations instructions and understand what you mean by the need to be precise. That recipe looks awfully good -wish I had some cheesecake pudding and rhubarb! But I'm going to check online for lowcarb/fat recipes and see what I come up with. If nothing else, I may see what happens if I try to freeze an EAS RTD. I think I recall someone here doing that at one point.
Old 08-14-2012, 06:51 PM   #118  

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Just weighed in this morning. Checked a few times then called for back up from my wife. She read the scale and said, 341 or 342. I looked at her and smiled, because that's all I could read too. She crouched down and said 341 and gave me a high five. So I am down 129 as of this morning! Today is day one past the half way mark.
wow, amazing!
Old 08-14-2012, 06:57 PM   #119  
IP Newb

S/C/G: 195/195/140

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakin View Post
Welcome to Ip! I've always wanted to learn reiki! How did you get into it?
My mom was struggling with a number of health issues and had been seeing a practitioner. The Reiki Master offered to give her 1 on 1 training and her attunement at their home over the course of a day. My mom had that, and was able to home treat and does it every night and helps her so much.

So as a gift to me she had our master come to the house and do me. It's so fantastic, I've used it on my 6 month old son when he's had constipation and other issues and it works a treat. It really is unbelievable.

I sometimes forget I've been attuned, and then like today go 'OH I will call up the Reiki' and it's amazing. I need to get back to doing it every day though as you get stronger and stronger.
Old 08-14-2012, 06:59 PM   #120  
IP Newb

S/C/G: 195/195/140

Height: 5'4

Also i'm really shocked it's day 2 and i'm already less hungry? It's 7 and I need to get my dinner in plus an IP snack for dessert!
Closed Thread