Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 12:28 PM   #76  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

USMCVET!!! - You are on the other side of the line! It's all downhill from here brother! Did you read my post last weekend about my dream? Recap: I met you at a clothing store - you were exchanging never worn 5X shirts for XL, I ate a cream puff and you stayed 100% OP. I HATE food dreams, but it was great to "meet" you!

Shathom - WOW! Half way to goal, and 9lb to ONEDERLAND!!! Couldn't be more happy for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by guttergirl9 View Post
Well, I just ordered a dehydrator!!!! I'm excited to try it out. I'll have to find the recipes on here for it. My one question before having read a manuel or recipe book that it comes w/ would be: should i season the veggies first? and what would be the best veggies to do. I figured I'd try zucchini, celery, maybe mushrooms. I'll have to find out what seasonings to use too. Any help, tips, suggestions are much welcomed
I think when newmom posted about her dehydrator she seasoned afterwards, but I'm not 100% positive, Wingnut probably knows for sure though (she is good about archiving all the best recipes). From the Select list, some good bets for chips: zucchini, turnips, rutabaga, jicama, okra, celeriac, mushrooms, radish, and even kale (more 'delicate') would turn out as great chips!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
[COLOR="Green"] Last nite I organized all my packets for the week. They're all in Ziploc bags labeled for the day. So easy to just pull out the bag for the day. Today I need to stop for lettuce, broccoli or cauliflower, and some EAS vanilla RTD (I'll use that instead of IP RTD in my coffee, saving $$ for IP packets for meals). I'm still on my spinach/lettuce dark chocolate pudding/coffee smoothie kick for breakfast and my soup with pureed veggies kick for lunch. When that gets boring I'll change it up. I don't think I could do those soups without the pureed veggies, what a difference some REAL FOOD makes!
I keep a stock of EAS Carb Controls at home for my random coffee creamer. On the weekends when I make Crispy Cereal Pancakes for breakfast instead of my spinach smoothie I use that in my coffee. I think I will be using either the EAS-CC or REAL cream forever as my coffee creamer - one thing I've learned is the hydrogenated oil fake creamers are metabolic poison!

And big kudos to you for being so prepared and planning ahead! Organizing your packets, geting your veggies lined up, and prepping your meal fixings ahead of time - those are all KEY to staying OP. Never give yourself an excuse when a moment of weakness may come calling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBig View Post
Hi iPeeps!! long time no chat
lots going on ...still OP. downn 46lbs....
Well ... last week was my last week on my job. Rebounding by going full time with Zumba and Group Fitness at Merritt Athletic club.
door closed, and a window flew open.
My only concern is not being able to afford to do IP. but we will see....
KBIG!!!!! Missed you girl! Great to hear your progress is still going great! That's really good to hear about your new opportunity - and as far as IP - even if you don't do the official $4/packet products, there are a TON of Alternative options that are more affordable. So many threads and folks do that option you have plenty of support! Don't let a little bump in the road stall your progress - you can DO THIS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlvr52 View Post
I also last night was able to be a real life example to a few friends of mine who saw a huge difference. They have not seen me for 2 months and were quite shocked. I was able to get rid of some of my clothes that no longer fit to the young lady of the couple. She was commenting how she didn't have monies to buy new cloths. I gave her 2 big bags full of cloths. She also said, "I could't afford this" I gave her the alternatives speech and said how much DH and I save on groceries and dinners out that it's a noticeable difference in the budget. Well that's enough rambling for me....
I think the best NSV is being the example that others want to follow. That's one thing my coach pushes on us as we are nearing maintenance - she says she gets a lot of 'How can I repay you' and the best way is to BE SUCCESSFUL, and to STAY SUCCESSFUL. This change is so obvious to the world, a lot of people are looking at us - some as inspiration, some as envy, some glad for your success, some hoping you will fail - make this the lifechanging experience you deserve and others will see and perhaps you can change their lives for the better as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
Hey guys, back from Sturgis, no I did not get a pic of ***-less chaps, I did end up going topless at one point and got my chest painted, very well done and peeps didn't even know I was topless, was crazy liberating!

I didn't get a pic with me in the no-top, because I didn't want to remember that or have it end up on facebook. Here's the pic of me in my skirt that I got in High school and didn't have the heart to get rid of it, and my sexay shoes!!!

I'm home, struggling to get back onto plan, but I'm glad that I am at least trying. A few slip ups here and there but adding more and more protein to my daily diet at this point, and starting veggies tomorrow (out of money and pay day is today). I missed my house, my pets, my couch, my bed, and my TV while I was gone, but had a total blast. I had a 0.2 lb gain after 9 days in Sturgis, about 5 of which were not OP at all, although I was careful with portion sizes. Today I'm down again so looks like my trend is going the right direction!
YEAH!!!! KAYPIX is BACK - and BADDER THAN EVER! Glad you had fun - and getting back on that horse - chaps and all! Sounds like you had a blast - your picture is beautiful, you look so GREAT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
After WI I get to meet with my coach about the food presentation at her next open house...I've been making lists of packet hacks and meal/snack ideas but I would love some input from you all....what's one or two food/packet ideas that you have learned and wish you had known from the beginning? Something that made the diet a little easier on you?
RTDs, Drink Mixes, Puddings, WB Yogurt: Spinach Smoothies, IP Ice Cream
Plain Omelette: Mock French Toast
Crispy Cereal: Unrestricted Pancakes, Rhubarb Upside Down Cake
Pudding: Waffles
Rasbperry Jelly: Meringue Cookies
Soups: w/purees, made into Flatbreads/Wraps/Buns
Potato Puree: Baked Croquettes
Veggies: Purees, Soups, Sauces, Noodles/Pasta

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post
Hi all! Back from Vegas and back to work! And back in ketosis. hehe. Coach told me it was okay to have one celebratory drink while I was away so I did. I'm sure it knocked me out but as of yesterday (my first chance to test when we got home) I'm back in, so I'm happy. WI tonight but I'm not expecting much and I'm totally okay with that. TOM just left and I'm sure I'm retaining water from the air travel, and I'm not going to freak out or worry myself over a bad week, especially since last week was so danged good. So we shall see!
Another one back from vacation - I LOVE VEGAS! You two look great! Glad you were able to break out the new Coach Bag!!! Century Club Member!!!
Old 08-14-2012, 12:28 PM   #77  
IP Start: 8/15/12

S/C/G: 286/217/158

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by haddy4 View Post
ya i cant do the salt in water..ek i lick my hand sprinkle salt and lick..then drink water.. totally works
Kinda like doing a shot of tequila
Old 08-14-2012, 12:32 PM   #78  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Oh, quick NSV - when I packed for my business trip I brought my size 1 goal jeans, which were just a little tight when I wore them for my final Phase 1 WI. They fit me great today - which is good, I woke up feeling 'skinny' this morning - wish I would have packed my scale for confirmation, but I think I got a Phase 2 whoosh!

And I swung by Trader Joes last night and stocked up on my veggies - 2 bags of mixed bell peppers, marinated mushrooms, and a pack each of pre-seasoned (w/S&P) microwaveable asparagus & baby broccoli.
Old 08-14-2012, 12:35 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 243/243/120

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by guttergirl9 View Post
Well, I just ordered a dehydrator!!!! I'm excited to try it out. I'll have to find the recipes on here for it. My one question before having read a manuel or recipe book that it comes w/ would be: should i season the veggies first? and what would be the best veggies to do. I figured I'd try zucchini, celery, maybe mushrooms. I'll have to find out what seasonings to use too. Any help, tips, suggestions are much welcomed

I also just purchased a dehydrator. I would like recipes too for vegtables like the okra. Let me know if you find any!
Old 08-14-2012, 12:41 PM   #80  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
Oh, quick NSV - when I packed for my business trip I brought my size 1 goal jeans, which were just a little tight when I wore them for my final Phase 1 WI. They fit me great today - which is good, I woke up feeling 'skinny' this morning - wish I would have packed my scale for confirmation, but I think I got a Phase 2 whoosh!

And I swung by Trader Joes last night and stocked up on my veggies - 2 bags of mixed bell peppers, marinated mushrooms, and a pack each of pre-seasoned (w/S&P) microwaveable asparagus & baby broccoli.
YOU my dear....are looking mighty sexy 2day!!!
MUY CALIENTE!!!!
so proud of u!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-14-2012, 12:51 PM   #81  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Zoological26 - Great WI! Congratulations!!!

Jean - You look so very happy (and skinny!) You're one of the top motivators on here!

Last edited by greeniris; 08-14-2012 at 01:17 PM.
Old 08-14-2012, 12:59 PM   #82  
IP Newb

S/C/G: 195/195/140

Height: 5'4

Quote:
I just hit trader joes too, I get a lot of meat there so i got 2 pork tenderloin, a pack of sirloin steaks, haddock, chicken and then tons of vegies! Broccoli, cauliflower, cellery, cukes, lettuce. Now for my WF to get here (it's coming TODAY and i ordered yesterday! Hollah!)

I also had my first weigh in/measurements and I Was down3 lbs from yesterday *my start day* and my coach complimented me by saying i have wonderful muscle tone and should rock this program!
Old 08-14-2012, 01:07 PM   #83  
Started IP 2/23/2012

S/C/G: 192.2/142.4/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

Awesome !!!
Old 08-14-2012, 01:08 PM   #84  
Started IP 2/23/2012

S/C/G: 192.2/142.4/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargirl66 View Post
Kinda like doing a shot of tequila
That's a fun way to look at it
Old 08-14-2012, 01:09 PM   #85  
IP Newb

S/C/G: 195/195/140

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
That's a fun way to look at it
Hey I may even lick some lime while i'm at it HAH.
Old 08-14-2012, 01:14 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 253/247/175

Height: 5'11"

Does anyone have any opinion on the collagen packets? Day 7 here, going to weigh in & pick up a months worth of IP packets. Wondering if they really help and which is the best selection. I'm amazed & incouraged by your posts this moring! Way to go!
Old 08-14-2012, 01:16 PM   #87  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Whoo Hoo! Blew by my halfway point at WI this morning! Am down another 7.8 lbs (after deducting the weight of my cast) & 2 inches in the last 12 days!!!! Even better though...I've gone from being "Obese" to being "Overweight" on the BMI scale. For some reason, I'm feeling kind of humbled about all this today. Weird...

Congrats LizRR on those jeans fitting better!

Rainbow - I'm going to make some of those buns soon; have really been looking forward to trying them. Finally found a can I can cut the bottom out of to use.

Tried the Spicy Tuna Patties the other night - awesome! They will become a regular on the menu here!
Old 08-14-2012, 01:27 PM   #88  
IP Newbie

S/C/G: 180/136/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey everyone!! I am new here and want to say that all of you are an inspiration to me......and thank you for the great information !!
Old 08-14-2012, 01:27 PM   #89  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
Whoo Hoo! Blew by my halfway point at WI this morning! Am down another 7.8 lbs (after deducting the weight of my cast) & 2 inches in the last 12 days!!!! Even better though...I've gone from being "Obese" to being "Overweight" on the BMI scale. For some reason, I'm feeling kind of humbled about all this today. Weird...

Rainbow - I'm going to make some of those buns soon; have really been looking forward to trying them. Finally found a can I can cut the bottom out of to use.

Tried the Spicy Tuna Patties the other night - awesome! They will become a regular on the menu here!

another past half way success!!!!!!!!!!

wow!! that is just awesome!!!!!!

i know you must be feeling F~A~N~T~A~S~T~i~C
keep it up....imagine all the celebrations for the holidays and new years that you are going to be enjoying because you reached your goal by then no doubt!!
YOU CAN DO IT!!
Old 08-14-2012, 01:30 PM   #90  
Started IP 4/13/2012

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post

Wonderful WI results! Congratulations on meeting multiple milestones today!
Closed Thread