Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 10:54 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 219.2/188.6/170

Height: 5'10"

Good Morning Everyone!!

Quick question: Is there a rule of thumb for inches lost vs. pounds lost? I've lost almost 30 pounds, but have only lost 15 inches. I feel like it should be more inches.....
Old 08-14-2012, 10:58 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Just weighed in this morning. Checked a few times then called for back up from my wife. She read the scale and said, 341 or 342. I looked at her and smiled, because that's all I could read too. She crouched down and said 341 and gave me a high five. So I am down 129 as of this morning! Today is day one past the half way mark.
Way to go! You are doing fantastic! Half way is so motivating!
Old 08-14-2012, 11:05 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 155/111/115

Height: 5'5"

Well, good morning my IP family!

I've been reflecting on my past year (or two). In 2010, I got down to 105.5 pounds...15.3% body fat. I know that at 5'5 1/2" that is really underweight, but I felt great!! I worked out 2 hours a day, 6 days a week...P90X, which consists of 3 days of strength training, Plyo, Yoga, Kickboxing, plus my added 1 hour walks at 5 mph, 7,8, 9, & 10% inclines really did the trick - along with eating around 1200 calories a day. I almost hated going places because I frequently got the look that "oh my gosh...she is too skinny (but very toned!)" I also hated going to family functions because I knew that nothing healthy would be served...so I'd try to "sneak by" without eating there so that I could eat at home. So my question is, where did it all go wrong? According to my husband, family & friends, I am a perfectionist. This is bad...because when things don't go according to plan, I fall off the wagon & resort to emotional eating. With the posts the other day in the "Slip Up" thread...I could totally relate. However, instead of going for 1 day of ROYALLY gorging myself, I'd go a whole week or two...feeling more and more miserable. Emotional eating has done me in...and so has having to have everything just right. My hopes are, in addition to a major weight loss of 40 pounds, to know how to eat better. I'm a carb addict...and so I'm hoping to overcome that. Also, I want to be able to curb the exercising down to a max of 1 hour 15 minutes (when I do start up again) AND be able to enjoy family gatherings (on mainentance) without feeling guilty.

Today is my 38th birthday. I resolve to, first of all, get back to the positive old me! In addition, I resolve to continue to be 100% OP (I'm on day 9 with 100% so far) & retrain my body how to eat correctly...to only eat when hungry. I initially started this program on July 5th...went 20 days & then fell off the wagon...went on to binge for 1 1/2 weeks. I didn't know this site even existed. I feel so much more on plan this time because of all of you wonderful & inspiring souls!! Really, whenever I've wanted to exercise, or eat because I was upset, I just read these forums...it takes my mind off of it & puts me in a better place.

Ok...I've obviously said way to much. I am just so grateful to have found my IP family!! :-) Have a GREAT day! :-)
Old 08-14-2012, 11:08 AM   #49  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by julied31 View Post
Good Morning Everyone!!

Quick question: Is there a rule of thumb for inches lost vs. pounds lost? I've lost almost 30 pounds, but have only lost 15 inches. I feel like it should be more inches.....
Every body is different, and everybody carries fat differently - there's no hard and fast rule on how the two may correlate. 30 pounds and 15 inches is amazing! I've lost 12 pounds and only 5 inches, when I started I was pushing a size 18 but I'm already comfortable in 16's. Don't get hung up on the scale OR the measuring tape, progress is progress!!
Old 08-14-2012, 11:12 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Vet,
I am so happy for you!!

Kaypix,
Looking FABU!

DEHYDRATOR? I LOVE kitchen appliances and gadgets of all kinds,, esp when they provide me food.

Alternative potato puree pretty good, had it for breakfast w/ 1 soft boiled egg.
Try www.netrition.com and Dixie Diner Classic mashed potatoes. Good carb count, $6.29 for 2 packages of 4 servings each.
Old 08-14-2012, 11:14 AM   #51  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwdesselle View Post
Something I do, just in general, when I face a hurdle, obstacle, something in my way, is to face it head on. Admit that that thing could be trouble. This sort of takes the power away from it.

Here in downtown Baton Rouge, where we really have great food on every corner just about, we get these food trucks that park along the streets for lunch. They really don't get to me, except for this one, The Chicken Shack. Imagine your grandmother's fried chicken on Sunday afternoons. Imagine any other fried goodies you can think of. This truck has all of it and it is good. I see it out the window this morning and a funny thought entered my mind. I wonder if I shot that truck with a bazooka how funny all that fried food would look flying in the air. (of course no one gets hurt in my thought)

Just wanted to share in order to take some power out of that devil truck parked outside.
Bazooka! Go for it!
Get that crap out of your mind with a mental bazooka.

We all need one!

Last edited by Delgen; 08-14-2012 at 11:21 AM.
Old 08-14-2012, 11:16 AM   #52  

Quote:
Originally Posted by shathom View Post
Good morning all, I just came from WI #16 and was down 4.5 pounds and 5 inches!!!!! Woohoo, I've come half way now!

Wow!
both you and usmcvet are half way!

Today must be National Half Way Day!

Last edited by Delgen; 08-14-2012 at 11:24 AM.
Old 08-14-2012, 11:16 AM   #53  
Reboot 9/2014

Happy Tuesday!

Love seeing the great WI results...mine is tomorrow but later in the day than normal because I have a training class at work from 8-12. The successes definitely motivate me to stay OP and push forward!

After WI I get to meet with my coach about the food presentation at her next open house...I've been making lists of packet hacks and meal/snack ideas but I would love some input from you all....what's one or two food/packet ideas that you have learned and wish you had known from the beginning? Something that made the diet a little easier on you?
Old 08-14-2012, 11:18 AM   #54  
IP Newbie

S/C/G: 180/136/130

Height: 5'2"

Good morning all!! Congrats to all that have lost (inches and pounds)!! You are all an inspiration to a newbie like me

Looking forward to me weigh in tomorrow (#3) but so happy so far with how much better I am feeling.....plus, my wedding band and engagement rings are starting to fit again!! Haven't worn them in almost 3 years!!! Stopped wearing them when I got pregnant as they were getting too tight!! Hoping in a few weeks I can wear them without any tightness!!! This is my first goal of losing the weight....so excited!!!
Old 08-14-2012, 11:22 AM   #55  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Happy Tuesday!

Love seeing the great WI results...mine is tomorrow but later in the day than normal because I have a training class at work from 8-12. The successes definitely motivate me to stay OP and push forward!

After WI I get to meet with my coach about the food presentation at her next open house...I've been making lists of packet hacks and meal/snack ideas but I would love some input from you all....what's one or two food/packet ideas that you have learned and wish you had known from the beginning? Something that made the diet a little easier on you?
buns.....buns....and more buns!!!
flavored buns...maple oatmeal buns...jalapeno buns...roasted red pepper buns...pimento cheese buns....rosemary buns....scallion potato buns...i love buns!!!!!
Old 08-14-2012, 11:26 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 194.4/188.3/134

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Just weighed in this morning. Checked a few times then called for back up from my wife. She read the scale and said, 341 or 342. I looked at her and smiled, because that's all I could read too. She crouched down and said 341 and gave me a high five. So I am down 129 as of this morning! Today is day one past the half way mark.
AWESOME!!! Half way is terrific!!! What is keeping your motivated the most?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakin View Post
Welcome TwoTots!
I use the app from 'MyFatSecret' as a food journal. The thing I love about it is that it is on my andriod and also my PC, so I can journal at work and when out and about. It updates online so I'm always on top of it. You can track weight there too, but I use the 'weighttracker' app on my phone for my week-to-week accountability now that I'm not going to the clinic anymore. I prefer it to the other app only because I like the larger graphic better.
Good luck to you!

Oh, I forgot to mention that a lot of IP foods and alternatives are already in the food data base, and new ones are super easy to add!
ooh I am going to download that, thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shathom View Post
Good morning all, I just came from WI #16 and was down 4.5 pounds and 5 inches!!!!! Woohoo, I've come half way now!
WOW Another half way there! I cannot wait to say that...thanks for taking the time to share...CONGRATULATIONS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlvr52 View Post
Good morning from Hot Seattle this week... not to happy about that one. But none the less..... the woosh fairy finally visited my bloat and took it on permanent vacation far far away. She also took a few actual lbs which is uber nice. So Day one of Week 12 and I am now down 49.5 LBS..... SWEET.

I also last night was able to be a real life example to a few friends of mine who saw a huge difference. They have not seen me for 2 months and were quite shocked. I was able to get rid of some of my clothes that no longer fit to the young lady of the couple. She was commenting how she didn't have monies to buy new cloths. I gave her 2 big bags full of cloths. She also said, "I could't afford this" I gave her the alternatives speech and said how much DH and I save on groceries and dinners out that it's a noticeable difference in the budget. Well that's enough rambling for me.... one more thing

Brandy's Feel good Quote of the day:

If we defend our habits, we have no intentions of quitting them.

Wow how that quote rang quite true with me. I have to stop and think... I can't defend an addiction to cheese. I really can't. That is a hard pill to swallow for me to stop and think when I put things in my mouth. There is no defending that. Big changes in my head coming soon to a theater near you.
LOVE THAT QUOTE...I will be forwarding it! Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
Hey guys, back from Sturgis, no I did not get a pic of ***-less chaps, I did end up going topless at one point and got my chest painted, very well done and peeps didn't even know I was topless, was crazy liberating!

I didn't get a pic with me in the no-top, because I didn't want to remember that or have it end up on facebook. Here's the pic of me in my skirt that I got in High school and didn't have the heart to get rid of it, and my sexay shoes!!!

I'm home, struggling to get back onto plan, but I'm glad that I am at least trying. A few slip ups here and there but adding more and more protein to my daily diet at this point, and starting veggies tomorrow (out of money and pay day is today). I missed my house, my pets, my couch, my bed, and my TV while I was gone, but had a total blast. I had a 0.2 lb gain after 9 days in Sturgis, about 5 of which were not OP at all, although I was careful with portion sizes. Today I'm down again so looks like my trend is going the right direction!

Busy busy at work, just wanted to check in with you guys and say I'm back, hugs to all and toodles!

Kara
HAHA, there you are! Was wondering where you were. You look fantastic! Congratulations, and you know I am 50 and still have a skirt from highschool..it was the last gift my dad bought me before he died....I doubt I will ever fit in it, but I keep it, because it was from him! Size 7 back in the late 70's so what that is probably a 2 or a 4 today....I am not a fashion person, but isnt it true sizes have changed over the years?

Anyway...welcome home Kara.
Old 08-14-2012, 11:40 AM   #57  
started IP Aug 7 2012

S/C/G: 215/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6

Good morning today was WI day and down 5.5 yay

Last edited by zoological26; 08-14-2012 at 11:44 AM.
Old 08-14-2012, 11:42 AM   #58  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

For all those who couldn't find the Potato Puree on the Pure Protein website. It's back out there available again.

Molly
Old 08-14-2012, 11:42 AM   #59  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
buns.....buns....and more buns!!!
flavored buns...maple oatmeal buns...jalapeno buns...roasted red pepper buns...pimento cheese buns....rosemary buns....scallion potato buns...i love buns!!!!!
Woman, I luv ur buns

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoological26 View Post
Good morning today was WI day and down 5.5 yay
Awesome!
Old 08-14-2012, 11:47 AM   #60  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

Hi all! Back from Vegas and back to work! And back in ketosis. hehe. Coach told me it was okay to have one celebratory drink while I was away so I did. I'm sure it knocked me out but as of yesterday (my first chance to test when we got home) I'm back in, so I'm happy. WI tonight but I'm not expecting much and I'm totally okay with that. TOM just left and I'm sure I'm retaining water from the air travel, and I'm not going to freak out or worry myself over a bad week, especially since last week was so danged good. So we shall see!

Here's a pic from our trip!

usmc and shathom, congrats on getting over that halfway hump! Feels amazing, eh?

Kaypix, glad to hear you had a good time, and love the picture!!

fitgirl - happy birthday!!!

julied - re inches. Every clinic seems to measure them differently, that's for sure! At WI last week I was 105lbs lost and 41 inches down if that helps give you an example. My chest, waist, hips, and one arm/one thigh get measured.
Closed Thread