Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2012, 11:35 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 264.5/185.3/150

Height: 5'1"

I only lost .2 this week. I am feeling very down. I did everything right food-wise, but I think it is time to add exercise. I am very worried about this upcoming week. I am going to be a leader for teenage girls at a camp. I will have very little ability to do my own food. I am taking 1 restricted and 4 non-restricteds for each day. I am hoping they have a salad bar. I will not be able to eat anything else they provide. My coach said that if I get hungry for real food, eat it, so that I won't binge later. I just need to try my hardest to avoid carbohydrates. This is my first real challenge to this diet, and I am worried. I went on vacation, but I could always go to a restaurant and make an appropriate choice. I went to a wedding and avoided all pitfalls. I have been to several pot-lucks and have not eaten anything, just came home and made myself my meal. This is the first time where I have almost no control over the options, and I am actually scared. I do not want to go off plan for any reason, but this will be hard.
Old 08-11-2012, 11:38 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 264.5/185.3/150

On the positive side, I had my annual physical and I got the results this week. My total cholesterol is down to 147, it has never been below 200 before. My kidney and liver functions are good, but I need more vitamin D.
Old 08-11-2012, 11:48 AM   #33  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
I'm sooooo happy to hear about the cookie baking. So, now how does your wife feel about this program? I remember way back when you started she was not accepting at all. I hope things have changed.

You are such an inspiration to those of us who only know you from this forum. She should be VERY proud of you. You and Wuv need to be the program spokes people.

OWe love you vet.

Molly
You're sweet Molly. Well she he changed her view on IP. She made me a wonderful chicken dinner with miracle noodles and curry. It was awesome and tasted even better because she meeting it special for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mylastdiet View Post
Good Morning Everyone!
I'm officially down 50 pounds since mid-April!
I love this program.
That is all
Fifty pounds is freaking awesome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Good luck on your hunt, and drive safely! Someone else said it, but driving tired is very dangerous - if not having product is what's keeping you from staying overnight, find a Wal Mart or drugstore and pick up a couple of EAS shakes to tide you over! Stay safe!

LOL @ cookie baking Bet your wife loves IP even more

Has anyone tried making rutabaga or turnip chips? If they were sliced thinly enough on a mandolin they may work. I haven't tried zuke chips yet but if they were soggy they may have been sliced too thick or oiled too much. Maybe try a slightly higher temperature in the oven and thinner slices?

Way to go!!!
She is very supportive now.
Old 08-11-2012, 11:49 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 178/148/133

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyjean View Post
Morning, all! Had my WI this morning, lost 2.5 pounds. Very happy! last week was 1.5. All headed in the right direction.
My husband is away for the weekend, so i'm going to re-size a bunch of clothes.
I tried to wear a skirt earlier this week, and I just wasn't sure if would stay up!
24 blessed little pounds to shed! Hot Dog! Its going to happen. Love this plan!
That's awesome ! I'm having problems between pants sizes right now. It's a good one to have though!
Old 08-11-2012, 11:50 AM   #35  

Quote:
OMG now I can't wait for WI Wednesday! I just put on a pair of pants that have just been washed and through the dryer - they are fairly new and when I bought them they were very snug in the waist and around my thighs. They just SLIPPED RIGHT ON with no stretching or pulling! And there's NO MUFFIN TOP! Woo!!!!
Yay!!!!!
Old 08-11-2012, 11:52 AM   #36  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEJEWEL View Post
Good Morning all.
It is sunny and HOT in San Diego, I love my AC! Cleaning out my office today, and trying to get the books caught up, and showing property tonight...busy.
Have had a good week, cannot wait for my official weigh in on Monday...I may be in the 160's. If so....wow...I have had to work so hard and wait soooo long to get there in the past, this has been incredible...course I am not there yet, but I am thinking I will be...power of positive thinking!
My jeans are too big, and I had to pull out some older/smaller clothes today, glad I have not gotten rid of them all.
Hope you all have an enjoyable weekend!

I just had to say I love your avatar! What a great quote!
Old 08-11-2012, 11:53 AM   #37  

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Well I hope everyone has an awesome weekend. I need to mow and finish staining some stairs.

Cookie Baking update. OMG! OMG! OMG! Wow. I love IP and the new me!
Big smiles for you !

My husband is the same...and I happened to tell him it was called cookie baking and he cracked up. Lol
Old 08-11-2012, 12:08 PM   #38  
Started IP 2/23/2012

S/C/G: 192.2/142.4/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEJEWEL View Post
Does anyone know where Kaypix is? Is she on vacation? I miss her comments.
Kaypix is in Sturgis, SD enjoying the motorcycle rally

Happy Weekend everyone. I am happy to report that Phase 3 has done wonders for my energy level. I have been taking 45 minute walks this week and I am not sick feeling afterwards It feels so good to exercise again. I will have my 4 week check up today and am hoping I get cleared to go back to baking cookies again

We are staying home this weekend. Having company over to watch the UFC fights tonight and then dinner and a movie tomorrow night. It's going to be a great weekend. Hope you all have a great weekend too!!!
Old 08-11-2012, 12:12 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 145/124.8/120

Height: 5'2.5"

Morning IPeeps! I woke up thin! TOM is gone. I even tried on some swimsuits and thought I looked OK.

Waking up and then going to run some errands....

Cookie baking is awesome. Hooray!

I made turnip fries (with the mandoline slicer). Flavor is very nice, but they don't crisp up all that well.

I hope Kaypix is having fun at Sturgis. She went to visit those cousins with the handicapped child, and that was the last we heard from her. At least that I recall.

Molly, stay awake!

Going to look for veggie cheese information and then head out into the world.

I'm wearing shorts. I don't wear shorts.
Old 08-11-2012, 12:29 PM   #40  
Michele

S/C/G: 240/149/150

Height: 5.5

Good morning ..Im just going to ask again ..i really miss my tracker i do not understand computers at all ..would anyone be willing to help me ?? I could give you my password and you could fix it and then when you are done i could just change my password.. Please ????
Old 08-11-2012, 12:31 PM   #41  
IP Start: 8/15/12

S/C/G: 286/217/158

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitgirl2012 View Post
Sounds like you have a great weekend planned! Good idea to clean up those cabinets & fridge. Do you still keep snacks around for your girls? I have...they are in a separate cabinet...but I'll be working on cleaning up their diets, too (even though they are already thin & active). I want to create a healthy diet for them early on so they don't have the same struggles as me.
My girls definitely have their snacks, but they don't really interest me too much - fruit snacks, teddy grahams, etc. Their diet is quite healthy already, so they eat what I do, plus fruit and carb. Since they started on food, I've fed them their veggies first, then protein, then carb, then fruit. Otherwise, they just go right for the carb and fruit and leave the stuff that's best for them.
Old 08-11-2012, 12:41 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 195/141.6/145

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Good morning IPeeps,

Road trip. Got into Dayton, Ohio at 2:40AM. Craziness. Looking for a "needle in a haystack" for another vehicle. This time it's for our multi-purpose retirement vehicle. We don't need the 4 or 5 of those we have besides the dozen classics.

Got to get going, hopefully get the deal done, and get back home. Unfortunately, I will be driving something back. Usually let DH drive what's new since he's the mechanic. I'm not sure I'm up to a 13 hours drive after so little sleep. We'll just have to see. Almost have to, as I only have a bar and a RTD with me.

Everyone have a good weekend. Probably won't hear from me again, at least today.

Stay OP.

Molly
I agree with the others, be careful driving tired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Well I hope everyone has an awesome weekend. I need to mow and finish staining some stairs.

Cookie Baking update. OMG! OMG! OMG! Wow. I love IP and the new me!
YEAY for cookie baking

Quote:
Good Morning Everyone!
I love this program.
That is all
You are doing greaaaaaat!
(lol I always picture tony the tiger when I say that!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitgirl2012 View Post
Sounds like you have a great weekend planned! Good idea to clean up those cabinets & fridge. Do you still keep snacks around for your girls? I have...they are in a separate cabinet...but I'll be working on cleaning up their diets, too (even though they are already thin & active). I want to create a healthy diet for them early on so they don't have the same struggles as me.
I watched the videos 'is sugar toxic' and my kids happened to be around. Lol before the video they were like, whole wheat again mom? Now they are saying phew she is giving us whole wheat, thank goodness! Well not in those words, but you get the gist. it is awesome that you are doing that for them.

Quote:
OMG now I can't wait for WI Wednesday! I just put on a pair of pants that have just been washed and through the dryer - they are fairly new and when I bought them they were very snug in the waist and around my thighs. They just SLIPPED RIGHT ON with no stretching or pulling! And there's NO MUFFIN TOP! Woo!!!!
Love, Love, Love that feeling

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyjean View Post
Morning, all! Had my WI this morning, lost 2.5 pounds. Very happy! last week was 1.5. All headed in the right direction.
My husband is away for the weekend, so i'm going to re-size a bunch of clothes.
I tried to wear a skirt earlier this week, and I just wasn't sure if would stay up!
24 blessed little pounds to shed! Hot Dog! Its going to happen. Love this plan!
You are doing awesome and you will be there in no time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynRose View Post
I only lost .2 this week. I am feeling very down. I did everything right food-wise, but I think it is time to add exercise. I am very worried about this upcoming week. I am going to be a leader for teenage girls at a camp. I will have very little ability to do my own food. I am taking 1 restricted and 4 non-restricteds for each day. I am hoping they have a salad bar. I will not be able to eat anything else they provide. My coach said that if I get hungry for real food, eat it, so that I won't binge later. I just need to try my hardest to avoid carbohydrates. This is my first real challenge to this diet, and I am worried. I went on vacation, but I could always go to a restaurant and make an appropriate choice. I went to a wedding and avoided all pitfalls. I have been to several pot-lucks and have not eaten anything, just came home and made myself my meal. This is the first time where I have almost no control over the options, and I am actually scared. I do not want to go off plan for any reason, but this will be hard.
Precut some veggies that don't have to be in a fridge and bring them along. Canned veggies are better than nothing. They also have a lot of different canned meats out there. Maybe some jerky is an option. Don't give up, just go prepared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
Kaypix is in Sturgis, SD enjoying the motorcycle rally

Happy Weekend everyone. I am happy to report that Phase 3 has done wonders for my energy level. I have been taking 45 minute walks this week and I am not sick feeling afterwards It feels so good to exercise again. I will have my 4 week check up today and am hoping I get cleared to go back to baking cookies again

We are staying home this weekend. Having company over to watch the UFC fights tonight and then dinner and a movie tomorrow night. It's going to be a great weekend. Hope you all have a great weekend too!!!
I'm so glad to hear that it is helping your energy levels!
Have you had any tummy problems at all?
That sounds like a fun relaxing day!
Old 08-11-2012, 12:46 PM   #43  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

So happy for all of you that had great WIs this week! And so many are closing in on your goals...AwEsOmE!!

Looks like my next WI will also be cause for a Happy dance, but not going to jinx it by saying what my home scales showed this morning. Tuesday will tell the tale

RE: Rutabagas & turnips...I've had success slicing and dicing turnips and 'frying' them in a bit of oil. Have also cooked with cauliflower and mashed together as sub for mashed potatoes. My favorite way to have rutabagas are cut them like french fries (mandolin is great for this), and bake them. Tastes like sweet potatoe fries! Mmmmm. There are tons of great recipes on the various recipe threads, so be sure to take some time to go thru them.

Molly - be careful! As someone else said, if you're too tired to drive, find a walmart or something to pick up some EAS CarbadvantEDGE RTDs to tide you over till the next moring. Am sure your foot would appreciate the break too.

As to the question, what keeps me motivated to keep going on IP...I'm half way to my goal of 135. I suppose some of it is vanity - looking good is always a 'pick-me-up.' But mostly, I want to give myself the best chance I can to enjoy life. This means being healthy and active. At 54 yrs old, I've certainly slowed down for various reasons, but I am not content to get home from work and be a couch potato, and that is what has happened over the last few years. IP is helping me get healthier so I can get back out hiking or snowshoeing, canoeing, and maybe even participate in a 5K next year!

Have a great OP weekend everyone!

Last edited by greeniris; 08-11-2012 at 12:55 PM.
Old 08-11-2012, 01:02 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 194.4/188.3/134

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneepw View Post
I just had to say I love your avatar! What a great quote!
Thank you! A friend of mine sent that to me..it is my wallpaper on my phone now!
Old 08-11-2012, 01:25 PM   #45  

Quote:
Good Morning Everyone!
I love this program.
That is all
Awesome!!! Great job!!!

Quote:
WHOOT WHOOT!!!!!! Awesome NSV, feels awesome!!!
Closed Thread