3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Feeling down (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264399-feeling-down.html)

krisnchris1 08-10-2012 08:40 PM

Feeling down

Has anyone else felt like they were feeling down a lot with this diet? I don't feel like myself. Going on week 5 and still don't have much energy and am in a bad mood a lot. Weight loss is going great, down 14 lbs. I feel light headed and weak.

I am usually very social but don't really feel like being social now. I hope this goes away!

Rhonduz 08-10-2012 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krisnchris1 (Post 4434122)
Has anyone else felt like they were feeling down a lot with this diet? I don't feel like myself. Going on week 5 and still don't have much energy and am in a bad mood a lot. Weight loss is going great, down 14 lbs. I feel light headed and weak.

I am usually very social but don't really feel like being social now. I hope this goes away!

I'm at eight weeks and starting to feel better. I've never had that burst of energy that everyone talks about. My legs felt weak. I do feel like some of m y energy is starting to return. Hang in there it will get better. They say that a lot of hormones are released when burning fat. This might contribute to the bad mood. Give it a few more weeks and see how you feel then. Good luck to you!

scorbett1103 08-10-2012 09:08 PM

Quote:

If you're feeling lightheaded, are you making sure you get in your 3 packets/8 oz protein/4 cups veggies, PLUS the multivitamin/calcium-magnesium/potassium-calcium supplements and the salt and oil? The salt is the thing many people aren't getting enough of, you definitely need to make sure you use plenty of sea salt on EVERYTHING. The diet is very restrictive and we are drinking a ton of water, so our electrolytes can easily get off balance.

Mood issues may be happening (what did someone call them - HORRORmones???) because estrogen stores in our fat cells and get released as we lose the weight.

Weakness may be a result of not getting quite enough protein - try adding one whole egg to your day, and see if that perks you up a little.

Hang in there, and definitely keep us posted!

Halfagain 08-10-2012 09:13 PM

Quote:

I find if I let myself stay hungry ("just finish this one last thing before I eat".... which may take an hour or more) I get grumpy and it's hard to get back to my normal self. I am trying to take more me time and stop and eat more often, and to use my egg whites, and such. I don't feel like climbing mountains yet- but then again I didn't at 36 pounds heavier either. I do feel more like getting out of the house and doing shopping etc. I used to let hubby have those honors but now I'm back in there (so I can look for new veggies to try and WF stuff as I shop :devil:)

fourstubbs 08-10-2012 10:59 PM

are you drinking enough water? When I don't, I truly get grumpy, tired and weak. I hope you feel better... :)

Hockeymom40 08-10-2012 11:41 PM

You might want to try the fish oil (Omega III) if you're not taking them. My primary physican told me I didn't need it, but I found when I stopped taking them I felt depressed. So I have added them back. I do buy cheaper ones now at Target.

slimmingitdown 08-11-2012 12:27 AM

I'm only on day 10, but so far, I know that my first 6 days, I was really tired, now I'm not sleeping so well. Not sure what that's all about. But, I have been experiencing some mood changes just in the past day or so. My friend says that the lack of calories is making me evil! Hopefully it is the horrormones!

Delgen 08-11-2012 01:52 AM

Quote:

Yes, I get that way some days. I did not get the burst of energy either. But I have more up days than down.

Make sure you are getting all your food, and maybe add an egg white or 2 for some extra protein.

sanibelover 08-11-2012 05:45 AM

I had a lot of bad days - felt very down and not like myself. I am now in my 19th week, and I do feel like those days have gotten farther and farther apart. I also never got the 'burst" of energy that everyone talks about, but I feel better mentally and physically than I did for the first few (maybe 8 or 9) weeks. I do think hormones play a large role in this protocol. Plus there was a lot going on in my head - I seem to e getting more of a handle on the mental part. It may take a while, but I believe the good days will outnumber the bad days for you. It can be difficult at times, but keep telling yourself that you are worth the effort, and know that the positives will far outweigh the negatives in the near future!!! You don't have to be social right now. It's only temporary. Take the time you need for you now. You are doing so well!!!

rcrochet 08-11-2012 10:28 AM

Not that this will be any help, but I'm 9 weeks into this program. I still have good days and bad days as far as emotions go. The weight loss is steady and quick so that helps a bit. But even with that, some days are hard. I do feel much better physically, not a ton of enery, but better than before I started. The cal-mag supplements help so much with sleeping well. I find I feel the best when I eat something every 2 or 3 hours. Alternating vegetables, IP packets, etc.

Heitina 08-11-2012 10:49 AM

Thanks for posting this thread. I'm naturally a bit of a wing-nut, but while losing weight I've been feeling a bit down...I wouldn't say depressed, but I've cried quite a bit (for no reason). Knowing that this could be hormones makes me feel a whole lot better!