Old 08-09-2012, 09:35 PM   #1  

Question Getting Tired Of Food!

I have limited vegetables because I am allergic to a lot of vegetables (Ex. squash) and though I have tried almost all of the veggies on the list many of them I can't stomach. I eat lettuce, green beans, radishes, cucumbers, broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts and tomato's. I am really very tired of them and to boot I am tired of plan, grilled or roasted chicken, fish, and/or meat.

I have been on the IP plan for 7 weeks now and have lost 30 bounds...in the last two weeks I have lost 3 pounds . I have not cheated any day and I do drink 2 packets a day with one restricted bar. I take my vitamins most days but being honest I have missed some of them. I also drink my water as directed.

I guess I am ready for stew or chilli or something along those lines. If I take in 14 to 16 carbs on a restricted diet does it really matter if I take those carbs in on for example chilli? Yes, I know there is a chilli pack but I am not there yet.

Any advice is gladly accepted. I am not giving up at all just want a little more variety if at all possible.

Oh ...almost forgot...another problem that goes with this is that I am really NOT HUNGRY and it is difficult for me to eat when I am not hungry. I have noo appetite and literally force myself to eat the real food. It is just so much!
SNEAKYTIGGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 10:14 PM   #2  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ie-purees.html
rainbowsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 10:21 PM   #3  

Thank you
SNEAKYTIGGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 12:05 AM   #4  
Started IP 1/18/12

S/C/G: 186.5/127/130

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNEAKYTIGGER View Post
I have limited vegetables because I am allergic to a lot of vegetables (Ex. squash) and though I have tried almost all of the veggies on the list many of them I can't stomach. I eat lettuce, green beans, radishes, cucumbers, broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts and tomato's. I am really very tired of them and to boot I am tired of plan, grilled or roasted chicken, fish, and/or meat.

I have been on the IP plan for 7 weeks now and have lost 30 bounds...in the last two weeks I have lost 3 pounds . I have not cheated any day and I do drink 2 packets a day with one restricted bar. I take my vitamins most days but being honest I have missed some of them. I also drink my water as directed.

I guess I am ready for stew or chilli or something along those lines. If I take in 14 to 16 carbs on a restricted diet does it really matter if I take those carbs in on for example chilli? Yes, I know there is a chilli pack but I am not there yet.

Any advice is gladly accepted. I am not giving up at all just want a little more variety if at all possible.

Oh ...almost forgot...another problem that goes with this is that I am really NOT HUNGRY and it is difficult for me to eat when I am not hungry. I have noo appetite and literally force myself to eat the real food. It is just so much!
You should get the IP chili and also the potato purée. Do you use the soups? These are all things you can put the vegetables into. You can add peppers to the chili, you can add shredded zucchini to the potato purée and you can put a cup of puréed cauliflower and a cup of broccoli florets in the broccoli cheese soup. Read the recipe threads, there are so many ideas and FinnSteve has great ones using lots of different veggies. C
Hockeymom40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 08:22 AM   #5  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Sounds like you got yourself into a rut - two drinks, one bar...two drinks, one bar...for some people that kind of consistency works, but I'm like you - I'd get bored!

Why not get the IP chili or the IP Spaghetti bolognese and use that a few days a week as your restricted item instead of the bar? Use the purees to make these hearty foods that will really fill you up AND give you a new way to have the veggies you aren't allergic to. Have you tried using the puddings as a shake? Just used more water in the shaker, and then blend with ice cubes - VOILA a "Milkshake"! Made Crispy Cereal pancakes yet? (pudding and cereal are unrestricted, maybe a good swap for one of your drinks?) There are SO many ways to break up the routine, try switching one of your "regular" packets for something different, it might "wake up" your taste buds a little!
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 08:32 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Hi Sneaky,

Definitely try the other IP products. You can get pretty creative with how to use them, not just 'as directed' on the package, but in recipes, of which there are tons. I found that cooking the vegees, whether in the soups or a stirfry at dinner, was much easier to get down than raw vegees all the time. Less volume, less impact on my stomach. As far as having restricteds go, that seems to vary across the board. Some folks found they lost more when they had some. I always had an average of 3/week, and they were usually the bars that I loved so much, but the chili and other items are pretty good too and they've added more items since I was in Phase 1.

So, go ahead and enjoy yourself by experimenting! Good luck!

Margaret
Sewmam is offline   Reply With Quote