Old 01-27-2015, 03:52 PM   #211  
determined

S/C/G: 302.4/202.4/166

Height: 5'6"

It certainly pays to keep digging through all the threads on this forum! This is a treasure!! I'm making my shopping list as I read all these great recipes! My blender is fixing to get a workout!

Did I use enough exclamation marks??
frawniemae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 07:12 PM   #212  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 173/169/150

Height: 5'9

Thanks Liz! This thread is so helpful.

I made the faux mashed potatoes last week. SO GOOD :-)
Ctd238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 07:27 PM   #213  
determined

Thought I'd share this one here as it is a vegie puree...
One of our favorite dishes from a wonderful restaurant in San Antonio is a grilled chicken with poblano sauce. I have the "official" recipe from there that has been used for decades. I tweaked it to conform to IP Phase 1 and I don't think hubbie would be able to taste the difference. The "real" sauce contains whipping cream. I used chicken broth instead. Here it is for those who need a little something to spice up their chicken!

Roasted Poblano Sauce

*3 large green bell peppers (mine were huge!)
*3 large poblanos (again; huge!)
*1 large jalapeno (can use more if you really want some heat!)
one whole garlic bulb, in skin
1 adobo pepper with 1 tsp adobo sauce (you can rinse the pepper off and leave out the sauce but there is so little sugar in it, and as much as this makes, I believe it would pass IP inspection)
1 bunch cilantro, stems removed (or not: doesn't really matter as all will be pureed)
7 small tomatillos (I used canned)
1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth (can use more to thin as desired)
juice of one lime (optional)
2 T low sodium taco seasoning (I make my own)

Heat oven to 500 degrees.
Cut the peppers marked with an * in half. Remove stems, seeds and the whitish membranes. Handle the jalapenos carefully! I use the plastic bag the pepper came in as a "glove". Using EVOO, spray a large baking sheet then place the clean peppers, cut side down onto the baking sheet. Put the whole garlic bulb, in its skin, on the same baking sheet. Lightly spray each pepper and the garlic with EVOO. Place in hot oven and let roast 8-12 minutes, or until the peppers are looking a bit charred. (If you want , you can do this over a grill, placing peppers right on the grate and wrapping the garlic in foil. Time will be different.) When peppers are done, remove them from the oven. Leave on the pan and let cool. When they're cool enough to handle, remove as much skin as you can. Cut into 2 in or so pieces. Take the skin off the garlic. Place the tomatillos and pour the chicken broth into a large blender then add the remaining ingredients. Cover and pulse a few time until it starts to come together. With the blender off, you might need to push everything down but be careful of the blades. Continue to pulse until it is just reaching a pureed state. (I like it to have a bit of a chunky texture but you can puree it as smooth as you like.)

My batch made a little over 3 cups (equal to about 6 cups fresh veggies). Divide up as you like (I put mine in 1 cup containers). This freezes well. Just thaw, heat and serve. Great over grilled chicken but would add spice to a number of other meats and veggie dishes or soup!
Old 01-19-2016, 02:19 PM   #214  

S/C/G: SW 232.2/230.6/137

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
Ingredients:
IP Vanilla RTD (or Vanilla Pudding or Drink Mix prepared with 8oz water)
Spinach
1/2 tsp Peppermint Extract
2 tbsp Sweetener
Optional: 1/2 packet Knox Unflavored Gelatin <--adds ~12 calories, all from ~3g protein (collagen)
Optional: 2 Egg Whites <--adds ~32 calories, all from ~8g protein

Directions:
1. In blender, add Egg Whites and Vanilla RTD (or prepared pudding or drink mix) - sprinkle in Gelatin and allow to dissolve ~1 minute
2. Add Spinach, Peppermint, and Sweetener. Blend until the Spinach is fully pulverized. The color should be bright green and fresh! Taste and adjust accordingly.
3. Add mixture to your ice cream machine until desired consistency is reached.

*You can chop up and add some Chocolate Soy Puffs for Mint-Chocolate "Chip" Ice Cream
*Most coaches allow 2 Egg Whites/day "free", as all the calories come from protein and the Gelatin is another "0-calorie/0-fat/0-sugar" all-protein extra, the collagen is good for the skin!
Yummmm...this one will be fantastic as a replacement for the Shamrock Shake from the good ol' Golden Arches coming out soon for St. Patrick's Day! Wanted to bump this because I went back pages and pages and couldn't find it.
taffetadarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 01:58 PM   #215  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

I'm back IPers! I am prepping to go back to Phase 1 once I completely wean baby #3 (now 18mo) and was revisiting this old thread for ideas - I'm going to take on the project to create a recipe index and modify the first post on this thread (which is mine, so I can update it as I please) so it's easy to find recipes.
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 08:36 AM   #216  
determined

Quote:
I'm back IPers! I am prepping to go back to Phase 1 once I completely wean baby #3 (now 18mo) and was revisiting this old thread for ideas - I'm going to take on the project to create a recipe index and modify the first post on this thread (which is mine, so I can update it as I please) so it's easy to find recipes.
Welcome back! Looking forward to the results of your hard work!
Old 07-26-2017, 03:12 AM   #217  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Hi Liz... Hope the family is doing well! Looking forward to having you back on here!
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 10:32 AM   #218  

Veggie puree?
I think it's a smoothie!))
I'm a smoothie fan! This is my favourite - Kale banana smoothie
Try)
booo57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 12:21 PM   #219  

Quote:
Originally Posted by booo57 View Post
Veggie puree?
I think it's a smoothie!))
I'm a smoothie fan! This is my favourite - Kale banana smoothie
Try)
Looks yummy! Unfortunately bananas, apples, kiwis (all fruit) is not allowed in Phase 1 of the Ideal Protein diet. But would work in maintenance!
Old 02-15-2020, 10:47 PM   #220  
I can do it again!

S/C/G: 194/191/160

Hi, Liz! I'm back, too, and lurking around the boards re-reading the recipes and feeling the inspiration from all you ladies from "back in the day".

I refuse to say I failed, because I kept my weight mostly stable until this past holiday season. Stress and Christmas cookies/cakes/candies were way too much in the forefront. <sigh> I'm not ashamed, not sheepish. I know what to do and I'm back on the plan. IP/IPA sort of feels like a comfy old sweater by now.
marcibeaucoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 05:44 PM   #221  

S/C/G: 180/180/140

Height: 5'5"

Hi Liz and gang,
I'm back! I was part of the group from 2012 when LizRR began posting these recipes. I was known then as Chloe222, now I'm Bluskies2 as of 2014. I love these purees!

I drew inspiration from these back then and took the following blend of cauliflower, celery, garlic bulb, and leeks (white and green parts), roasted them and made my puree with a little water. This became my soup base. I would reheat 1 1/2 cups of the puree with a touch of oil salt and pepper and whatever protein I was using to make a soup/stew. Loved the taste, simplicity, speed, and resulting weight loss. The leeks are a diuretic and really healthy. Roasted leeks are in the book Why French Women Don't Get Fat (or some such similar title).

Have a good weekend!
Blueskies2

Last edited by Blueskies2; 08-15-2020 at 05:45 PM. Reason: clarity
Blueskies2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 10:51 AM   #222  

Default Cauliflower & Red Pepper Hummus

3 cups frozen, riced cauliflower
1 medium red bell pepper, halved and deseeded
1 jalapeno, halved and deseeded (optional)
4 cloves garlic, in the peel
2 tsp EVOO
2 tbsp Lemon Juice, more to taste
1 tsp Salt, more to taste
1/2 tsp Pepper, more to taste

1. Heat oven to 350F. Lay peppers face down and roast, after 20 minutes add the garlic (in the peel) and roast 5-10 more minutes.
2. Microwave riced cauliflower for 3 minutes.
3. Combine all ingredients and blend until thoroughly mixed. Scrape down edges with a spatula occasionally. Add water a tbsp at a time to get the texture desired.
4. Always be sure to taste and adjust seasonings accordingly (lemon juice, s&p, garlic powder, etc.).

* You can also roast cauliflower florets with the peppers in lieu of microwaved, riced cauliflower. It would probably taste even better - I just used frozen, riced cauliflower for convenience (Costco).
* This is more than your daily vegetable and allotment for the day (~5-6c), so split it up accordingly.
* Radish chips would be great, or just eat it with a spoon (I did).

Last edited by LizRR; 01-15-2021 at 01:41 PM.
Old 01-15-2021, 01:42 PM   #223  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueskies2 View Post
Hi Liz and gang,
I'm back! I was part of the group from 2012 when LizRR began posting these recipes. I was known then as Chloe222, now I'm Bluskies2 as of 2014. I love these purees!

I drew inspiration from these back then and took the following blend of cauliflower, celery, garlic bulb, and leeks (white and green parts), roasted them and made my puree with a little water. This became my soup base. I would reheat 1 1/2 cups of the puree with a touch of oil salt and pepper and whatever protein I was using to make a soup/stew. Loved the taste, simplicity, speed, and resulting weight loss. The leeks are a diuretic and really healthy. Roasted leeks are in the book Why French Women Don't Get Fat (or some such similar title).

Have a good weekend!
Blueskies2
I'm going to grab some leeks this weekend! Thanks Blueskies2, aka Chloe222!
Old 01-15-2021, 01:46 PM   #224  

Quote:
Originally Posted by frawniemae View Post
Thought I'd share this one here as it is a vegie puree...
One of our favorite dishes from a wonderful restaurant in San Antonio is a grilled chicken with poblano sauce. I have the "official" recipe from there that has been used for decades. I tweaked it to conform to IP Phase 1 and I don't think hubbie would be able to taste the difference. The "real" sauce contains whipping cream. I used chicken broth instead. Here it is for those who need a little something to spice up their chicken!

Roasted Poblano Sauce

*3 large green bell peppers (mine were huge!)
*3 large poblanos (again; huge!)
*1 large jalapeno (can use more if you really want some heat!)
one whole garlic bulb, in skin
1 adobo pepper with 1 tsp adobo sauce (you can rinse the pepper off and leave out the sauce but there is so little sugar in it, and as much as this makes, I believe it would pass IP inspection)
1 bunch cilantro, stems removed (or not: doesn't really matter as all will be pureed)
7 small tomatillos (I used canned)
1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth (can use more to thin as desired)
juice of one lime (optional)
2 T low sodium taco seasoning (I make my own)

Heat oven to 500 degrees.
Cut the peppers marked with an * in half. Remove stems, seeds and the whitish membranes. Handle the jalapenos carefully! I use the plastic bag the pepper came in as a "glove". Using EVOO, spray a large baking sheet then place the clean peppers, cut side down onto the baking sheet. Put the whole garlic bulb, in its skin, on the same baking sheet. Lightly spray each pepper and the garlic with EVOO. Place in hot oven and let roast 8-12 minutes, or until the peppers are looking a bit charred. (If you want , you can do this over a grill, placing peppers right on the grate and wrapping the garlic in foil. Time will be different.) When peppers are done, remove them from the oven. Leave on the pan and let cool. When they're cool enough to handle, remove as much skin as you can. Cut into 2 in or so pieces. Take the skin off the garlic. Place the tomatillos and pour the chicken broth into a large blender then add the remaining ingredients. Cover and pulse a few time until it starts to come together. With the blender off, you might need to push everything down but be careful of the blades. Continue to pulse until it is just reaching a pureed state. (I like it to have a bit of a chunky texture but you can puree it as smooth as you like.)

My batch made a little over 3 cups (equal to about 6 cups fresh veggies). Divide up as you like (I put mine in 1 cup containers). This freezes well. Just thaw, heat and serve. Great over grilled chicken but would add spice to a number of other meats and veggie dishes or soup!
Yum - I'm making and freezing this. I'm from San Antonio, fyi - so this is totally up my taste bud alley! Typically my recipes tend to be "spicy"...