Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 03:56 PM   #91  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

I was at my local health food store this afternoon. Bought some tofu to use in the tofu chocolate mousse recipe I posted about earlier... it's on my agenda to make it soon now. I also saw a bag of dulse, which I believe is similiar to seaweed. I recalled Dana saying how she'd grown to really like snacking on seaweed, so picked up a big of this dulse. I didn't eat my veggies at lunch (had a waffle and was quite full), so I'm having a salad now and added some dulse to it.

It just occurred to me to wonder if dulse is ok during Phase 1?? It's a 'sea vegetable'...... should be ok?
Old 08-07-2012, 03:57 PM   #92  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Ha! I'm originally from Michigan! Yeah, I'm a Northern girl. But kindred spirits can come from anywhere!

And we both have Dad issues. Mine died before I could resolve all of them. He had an accident two summers ago & the doctors tried to save him but couldn't. I could have written the part in your quote that I highlighted in green
yes...you are so right...kindred spirits can come from anywhere!! so sorry to hear about your dad. its hard for girls...even as we have become women...to not have the validation from our dads. but thankfully, i am learning to love myself and validate myself for just being me. took me a long time!! haha consider yourself rainbow hugged!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlvr52 View Post
Rainbow.....
I just wanted to say... YOU ARE SO AWESOME Thank you for being so positive and kind to people here. It's so refreshing to have someone just be sweet and loving despite their own issues.
tiger....what a beautiful thing to say and thank you for taking the time to make my day

shoot gf....i figure, we all have issues!! hahaha but sometimes sharing some issues, helps others see that they are not alone and gives us ALL strength!!

i know that coming here...reading these threads....gives me strength EVERY DAY!!!

EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!!!!

....someone, somewhere...is rising above tribulation and choosing to triumph!!! well...IF THEY CAN DO IT....SO CAN I!!!

UNITED WE STAND....UNITED WE ARE STRONGER!!!
hugs!!!!!!!
Old 08-07-2012, 04:10 PM   #93  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticiabean View Post
Can we have i can't believe it's not butter spray? It says no calories on the back of the bottle. What about this Chocolite stuff i found? 35 calories, 2 grams of fat, 8 carbs, 6 grand of fiber, and 1g of sugar alcohol. The pic is attached
I haven't had that particular Chocolite bar, but I have tried a couple of the Chocolite variety. They are really tasty. If that bar in the picture is the same size as the ones I had, it's a very small bar - only 35g in size - whereas a lot of the other bars I've tried are more around 50-60g. I never felt satisfied with just the one bar. Just something to keep in mind.

Last edited by evepet; 08-07-2012 at 04:12 PM.
Old 08-07-2012, 04:14 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 145/124.8/120

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy View Post
week 6 of IP and my and i am down around 57LBS. this week i am only down like 3LBS. i am building an outdoor kitchen. so putting in alot of time working outdoors on the weekend. my question is could this be what is slowing me down. burning so meany more calories on the weekend? do i need to be eating more?

Holy smokes, that is an incredible loss in six weeks! Great job!

And now cover your eyes! Female IPers, TOM is here after six months. (I'm 48). Whew! That might explain a few things.
Old 08-07-2012, 04:15 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 145/124.8/120

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
I was at my local health food store this afternoon. Bought some tofu to use in the tofu chocolate mousse recipe I posted about earlier... it's on my agenda to make it soon now. I also saw a bag of dulse, which I believe is similiar to seaweed. I recalled Dana saying how she'd grown to really like snacking on seaweed, so picked up a big of this dulse. I didn't eat my veggies at lunch (had a waffle and was quite full), so I'm having a salad now and added some dulse to it.

It just occurred to me to wonder if dulse is ok during Phase 1?? It's a 'sea vegetable'...... should be ok?
I am eager for a tofu report.
Old 08-07-2012, 04:17 PM   #96  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

On the road again. We're headed back to Georgia. Long two day drive. I'm having one of those hungry days. It's too early to stop yet for my Subway salad for dinner. I'll just keep watching for license plates and not think about food.

Sorry to hear about all those 2 lb gains. Hopefully, the whoosh fairy is just slightly behind on her rounds. I know, she's spending extra time with IPdivajen so she hits her 100# mark.

Check back with you later.
Molly
Old 08-07-2012, 04:22 PM   #97  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
On the road again. We're headed back to Georgia. Long two day drive. I'm having one of those hungry days. It's too early to stop yet for my Subway salad for dinner. I'll just keep watching for license plates and not think about food.

Sorry to hear about all those 2 lb gains. Hopefully, the whoosh fairy is just slightly behind on her rounds. I know, she's spending extra time with IPdivajen so she hits her 100# mark.

Check back with you later.
Molly
sending you love and strength good friend and safe journey home!!!

hang in there gf....you can do it!!!

Last edited by rainbowsmiles; 08-07-2012 at 04:58 PM.
Old 08-07-2012, 04:32 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 240/230/160

Height: 5'4

After hearing about several people's gains or no losses this week, I went into my weigh in this afternoon steeling myself for a "not much" loss, nothing or a little gain. (I've been on IP for7 weeks) and I know it's got to happen one of these times. Well I actually lost 3.2 lbs. so I was very happy.
Old 08-07-2012, 04:34 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaBoBanna View Post
Good morning everyone!

Tomorrow is my 2nd weigh-in, but it's not until after I work a full 8 hour shift. I'm working 7-3pm, and my weigh-in is at 4:20pm. I want it to be accurate, so I am worried about all the water weight, veggies, etc that I'll be eating.

I don't want to starve myself, but are there certain things that are better than others to eat during the day?
I don't play games with the scale anymore. I did that when I was on Weight Watchers. I just figure what does not show up this week will show up next. So I don't wear anything special, keep my shoes on, and eat what I would normally eat.
Old 08-07-2012, 04:38 PM   #100  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
Have to say.... IPTV pretty gross today!! Like OMG using bananas as dildos??? Come on!! Yuck. Not on this forum
NO!!!! You misunderstood ....In high school..they make teenagers practice safe sex ...they make each student put a condom on a banana.. to teach them how to practice safe sex....Guess not everyone has seen that??
Old 08-07-2012, 04:44 PM   #101  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
NO!!!! You misunderstood ....In high school..they make teenagers practice safe sex ...they make each student put a condom on a banana.. to teach them how to practice safe sex....Guess not everyone has seen that??
Lol...i got it Port, besides...why would you cover a dildo?

A useful lesson with all of the cookie baking and IP failed birth control!

Last edited by LizRR; 08-07-2012 at 04:46 PM.
Old 08-07-2012, 04:46 PM   #102  
Porthardygurl

Well..its obvious IPTV was a loser today hey? I gues i must have been the only one who went through high school being taught safe sex through putting a condom on a banana in class....tut tut..No wonder there are so many people getting pregnant these days...just dont have the education they need...Oh well...

Top of the afternoon to you all...

TOM has lurked around for a few days and is making my life heck..CRAMPS!!! BAD CRAMPS!!! Even the advil isnt helping...sigh

So im just curious: I was watching this show on TLC called "my 600 pound life" which is obviously about 600 pound people getting gastric bypass surgery and then going through there weight loss journey being followed by a camera for 7 years...

This is what i dont get: We know that IP works..People of all sizes including people almost starting at 500 pounds..have lost weight and gotten down to being healthy or are getting down...So i dont understand why people turn to weight loss surgery then if a program like IP works??? Isnt it expensive in the states to get WLS? I know it is here in Canada..Why put yourself through surgery if you can lose it the natural way without being cut in half...I dont get it...Am i missing something here? If Lisa can lose weight and Vet can lose weight then dont you think others could too? without the surgery???

Just a thought.
Old 08-07-2012, 04:48 PM   #103  
Porthardygurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post

Sanitary reasons i suppose???
It is a useful lesson!! We dont want an ņops`now do we? I know i dont! Ive got one beautiful "oops" at home and thats enough for me!
Old 08-07-2012, 04:55 PM   #104  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by julied31 View Post
Good Morning everyone!!

I emailed my coach to break up yesterday. She didn't email back. I hope she's not too hurt....!! Just kidding!!

My DH is out of town this week, making it harder to make meals, etc., because my 7 & 9 year olds are very active and demanding. Hate to say it, but my dinner last night was 3 chicken nuggets and roasted cauliflower. I have some recipes ready, so hopefully I can get to the store tonight. That will be after picking up the kids from the sitter, then going to their school to get them registered, then stopping at the dr to get my son's sports release dropped off. Ugh, too much stuff!!

This is a weird question - just since I've started IP, certain sections of my scalp are really dry and itchy. I know I've seen that people have hair loss on IP, but I don't have that. I'm just wondering if maybe the dryness on my scalp is from low fat? Any ideas?
I did lose hair so I took antioxy for that and an omega (not your question though). I did notice my skin was VERY dry, specifically the skin around my fingers would crack almost like a paper cut...very painful. And this was happening after the Omega III was added so I slightly uped my oil intake for that and it seemed to help, but it didn't go away until I was in Phase 4. If you have a coach talk to her about it but check out what others have said before you up your oil.

Good Luck!
Old 08-07-2012, 05:32 PM   #105  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post

Ok gotcha now port!! Ah the joys of typing. No emotions or nonverbal cues to help interpret! Thanks!! And no, we didn't get that in school. We barely got through puberty class!! Lol!
Closed Thread