Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 02:25 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 197/136.4/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by clh99002 View Post
Hey IPers!

Quick question-i did not receive much feedback on a thread I started earlier and was hoping to hear more responses...everyone must be playing in here today : Do you use measuring cups or a scale to measure your 2 cups of veggies?
i use a measure cup. if that helps
Old 08-07-2012, 02:45 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 248/213/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by locopollo View Post
I miss kaypix.
Me too!
Old 08-07-2012, 03:00 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 258.4/163.6/168.4

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 View Post
Good morning all......... Just had to pop on here and vent a bit.... my second son will be sworn in at the end of Aug and will officially be a member of the Cdn Forces! He leaves on Sept 1 for basic training....that is my second son that has enlisted. Now.. I will have NO kids left at home... empty nest. And while I read some women CELEBRATE that... I cannot, and dont understand that concept?? I am THRILLED for him, for both of them..they have a secure, safe job, good wages, full benefits... will see the world... you WANT this for your kids...especially young men..right? You want to see them confident in themselves... and successful. I by no means wanted them living at home way into thier twenties ...so yes, I sound all mixed up. But now.......it will be just me and my boyfreind of 16 years... and it will be an adjustment for me. I will not dwell on this... I will try to keep busy...but i have to say... this has started to throw me into bursts of uncontrollable eating fits... while not huge amounts of carbs... still not avoiding them... bread, maybe a slice here and there... pizza? 1-2 slices... cheese and wine almost each evening!!!!! mostly cheese....... i feel ugly and horrible and sad.... i have not gone on the scale in about one week... but from my most controlled weight of 167 I have jumped to near 180. I am scared. Scared to totally let go and be in my fat clothes again... I know I am realizing this now... and this is a good sign as I can still stop it... but then my emotions get going again......... look at me going on and on...... probably putting some of you to sleep LOL...... anyways... I will get control of this disease of emotional eating... I will try my best... today is a new day. 2 hard boiled eggs for breakfast, light muscle milk and salad for lunch, fish and cucumbers for supper and will NOT have my cheese in the evening.... (will try hard anyways) and just have my protien cereal......... have a great day everyone... my apologies for the long post. I wish all of you much success, as it DOES work... thanks for listening

Just want to send you hugs and tell you you can do it -
Old 08-07-2012, 03:01 PM   #79  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticiabean View Post
Can we have i can't believe it's not butter spray? It says no calories on the back of the bottle. What about this Chocolite stuff i found? 35 calories, 2 grams of fat, 8 carbs, 6 grand of fiber, and 1g of sugar alcohol. The pic is attached
Yes to both of your questions the Bar would be restricted of course
Old 08-07-2012, 03:03 PM   #80  
Started IP 6/9/12

S/C/G: 165/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Good afternoon IPers! I have a quick question about how you purchase your products for the week... are you allowed to buy individual packets, or do you have to buy a box at a time?

I'm just wondering bc today I received an email from my coach saying from now on, all products will be sold per box (in accordance with FDA standards). Apparently if products don't have nutrition facts on individual packages, then they cannot be sold individually.

Thanks for any and all feedback!
Old 08-07-2012, 03:06 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 218.6/150.2/135

Height: 5'3"

I don't normally feel this way, but today I just want to EAT!!!

Hoping that by putting it out there, I can forget about it and move on with my day. Thanks for listening!!!
Old 08-07-2012, 03:06 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 236/216/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by efwilli View Post
Good afternoon IPers! I have a quick question about how you purchase your products for the week... are you allowed to buy individual packets, or do you have to buy a box at a time?

I'm just wondering bc today I received an email from my coach saying from now on, all products will be sold per box (in accordance with FDA standards). Apparently if products don't have nutrition facts on individual packages, then they cannot be sold individually.

My clinic allows me to pick individual packets. They did provide me with a handout, which was a copy of the nutrition information for every packet they have in the clinic. They added some new packets last week and gave me another sheet of nutrition info.
Old 08-07-2012, 03:24 PM   #83  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
Lisa.....i love your posts!! somehow i thought from day 1 that you were a "kindred spirit"....a lovely southern belle with pizazzzzzz....and now i know!! ((((giggle))))) "ain't that the doggone truth!!!" only a southern chic can love that expression!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
i am sorry about your mom passing away. I am so thankful you were able to reunite with your dad....i really don't understand how a dad can abandon a daughter or children at all...seriously...i would give anything to have been able to had a relationship with my dad...my mom and dad divorced just before i turned 5, and i have seen my dad 5 times since then...once each year at age 6,7,8 and 9 due to forced visitation, and then not again until age 31 and never since. i tried to make amends...i tried to give love...i tried....and all these years have felt like it was me who was at fault...why couldn't my dad love me?? what was wrong with me??? i grew up an over achiever always trying to prove i was lovable. even now after all these years...its the one thing that has alluded me....the love of a dad.
Ha! I'm originally from Michigan! Yeah, I'm a Northern girl. But kindred spirits can come from anywhere!

And we both have Dad issues. Mine died before I could resolve all of them. He had an accident two summers ago & the doctors tried to save him but couldn't. I could have written the part in your quote that I highlighted in green

Last edited by lisa32989; 08-07-2012 at 03:34 PM.
Old 08-07-2012, 03:24 PM   #84  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Oh IPTV - I'm just glad you didn't cover peanut butter - not sure I could handle that as a face mask without severe facial muscle pulls from trying to lick/eat my face off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgamroth View Post
Good Afternoon! I just make a batch of cauliflower, celery, garlic puree and a red, green and jalapeño pepper puree. Besides adding to soup, what does everyone do with it? I seriously could eat it with a spoon, yummy!
Those are my top 2 purees! Another favorite is braised mushroom, celery, & garlic puree that I've used as a 'gravy' over my meats. The cauliflower I have added to the IP Potato Puree and baked for 'croquettes', and also with the cauliflower I add less broth to the puree to make it thick and eat at dinner as 'mashed fauxtatoes'. The bell pepper puree I can make either as a salsa or tomato sauce style. The salsa I use a higher poblano & jalapeno ratio and blend with a whole bunch of cilantro, lime juice, and fajita seasoning. The tomato sauce I use a higher red pepper ratio and blend with italian seasoning. With both I add in a celery stalk or two for 'structure'.

And when the 'I need a spoonful of something' hits me during random hungries (TOM, etc) I WILL just eat it with a spoon from the fridge!

Last edited by LizRR; 08-07-2012 at 03:28 PM.
Old 08-07-2012, 03:25 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 197/136.4/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by efwilli View Post

I buy mine individually but it could be different in each state.
Old 08-07-2012, 03:26 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 219.2/188.6/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
I had a very itchy scalp, around the time I'd been on the diet for about 2.5 months or so. I ended up buying a natural shampoo & conditionner from my local health store, and I alternate that still with my other shampoo. The itchiness did go away after I started that. The clerk at the store (who seems quite well versed on these things) said that my hormones were probably affecting my scalp somehow? I also started taking a supplement called silicea around that same time. It contains biotin, which I read helps to prevent the hair loss that's sometimes associated with a fast, substantial weight loss. Whether it was the switch to a more natural shampoo/conditionner, or the use of the silicea supplements, my scalp no longer itches. I recall Salmongirl commenting around the same time on how much her scalp itched.

Also - are you taking an Omega 3 supplement? Because that is very beneficial too, and if your problem is due to lack of fat, that should help as well. Many here also believe it aids in preventing the hair loss. I know you're not having that particular problem - but it never hurts to be proactive.
Thanks for the info. I'm for sure going to start taking the Omega 3 supplement. I will also look for the silicea. Thanks again!!
Old 08-07-2012, 03:29 PM   #87  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
Oh IPTV
Those are my top 2 purees! Another favorite is braised mushroom, celery, & garlic puree that I've used as a 'gravy' over my meats. The cauliflower I have added to the IP Potato Puree and baked for 'croquettes', and also with the cauliflower I add less broth to the puree to make it thick and eat at dinner as 'mashed fauxtatoes'. The bell pepper puree I can make either as a salsa or tomato sauce style. The salsa I use a higher poblano & jalapeno ratio and blend with a whole bunch of cilantro, lime juice, and fajita seasoning. The tomato sauce I use a higher red pepper ratio and blend with italian seasoning. With both I add in a celery stalk or two for 'structure'.

And when the 'I need a spoonful of something' hits me during random hungries (TOM, etc) I WILL just eat it with a spoon from the fridge!
tap tap tap ::::::: still waiting on a thread....honey....of your recipes!!

HOT PINK PANTS and THE PERFECT PUREE!!!!

Old 08-07-2012, 03:35 PM   #88  
Carb Addict

S/C/G: 290/290/180

Height: 5'6"

Rainbow.....
I just wanted to say... YOU ARE SO AWESOME Thank you for being so positive and kind to people here. It's so refreshing to have someone just be sweet and loving despite their own issues.
Old 08-07-2012, 03:42 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 330/319/230

Height: 6'-0

week 6 of IP and my and i am down around 57LBS. this week i am only down like 3LBS. i am building an outdoor kitchen. so putting in alot of time working outdoors on the weekend. my question is could this be what is slowing me down. burning so meany more calories on the weekend? do i need to be eating more?

Old 08-07-2012, 03:45 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 145/124.8/120

Height: 5'2.5"

I tried the potato purée cooked in the waffle maker. Mixed it with 1/4 c eggwhites and 1/4 c water. I do not know what to do with this one.... And I had salad. I'm not a huge fan of salad. it's a nice option when I'm in a restaurant, but not so much at home. Meh.
Closed Thread