Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 09:41 AM   #16  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Good morning all! Lovin' these temps in the upper 70's & lower 80's we have this week. TMI ALERT: For the past week or so I'd been getting severe stomach pains & nausea. Thought it might be related to the new supplements I began taking, Collagen & Biotin. Yesterday morning was the worst, "D" & vomiting. Felt much better afterwards - until I ate lunch. So skipped my lunch time Mag & Cal, but took everything else later in the day, minus the Collagen & Biotin. Today feeling great! I looked up the side effects of both of these, and neither should cause the symptoms I had, so may try to add them back in, one at a time, in a week or so. Am finding more and more of my hair everywhere, so want to put a stop to that. Don't want to be 'bald' for my son's wedding in October! (Could have been the stomach flu I guess, but felt fine otherwise.)
Tomorrow is my surgery on my foot. I'm taking my scales so I can weigh myself right before and again right after so will know how much the cast will weigh. I know there may already be a bit of fluid build-up but it is the best I can do for more accurate WIs while wearing the cast (about 3 weeks?).

Mompattie - my hat's off to you...what a victory for you to get through the weekend, not only to avoid all the fattening foods, but for not decking anyone for their comments! LOL As my VIP says to me all the time, "You did good!"
Drakegirl - I would not have eaten the chicken either in that situation. Glad you had another choice handy.

Losingforgood - I know how hard it can be when the last kid leaves home, but you have to take care of yourself first now. Find something else to do instead of eat/nibble cheese, pizza, wine, whatever...especially helpful for a lot of us during those times are reading these boards! Such success stories & motivation here! Or go for a walk, clean the house, dance to some great music, read. Part of the program is learning how to overcome the triggers that got us fat to begin with. YOU CAN DO THIS!!!! Also, there is a thread specifically for those of us re-starting the program in case you haven't seen it. You may find that particularly helpful. Good luck!

Sewmam & Bellamack - enjoy the time getting to know your sisters all over again. Very happy for both of you!

Good luck to everyone with WIs today!
Old 08-07-2012, 10:08 AM   #17  
Started IP 08/07/2012

S/C/G: 173.7/173.7/135

Height: 5'3

Good morning everyone. I'm new to the site and to IP... today is my 1st day on plan. I would love to start chatting on here each day.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:10 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
Good morning all! Lovin' these temps in the upper 70's & lower 80's we have this week. TMI ALERT: For the past week or so I'd been getting severe stomach pains & nausea. Thought it might be related to the new supplements I began taking, Collagen & Biotin. Yesterday morning was the worst, "D" & vomiting. Felt much better afterwards - until I ate lunch. So skipped my lunch time Mag & Cal, but took everything else later in the day, minus the Collagen & Biotin. Today feeling great! I looked up the side effects of both of these, and neither should cause the symptoms I had, so may try to add them back in, one at a time, in a week or so. Am finding more and more of my hair everywhere, so want to put a stop to that. Don't want to be 'bald' for my son's wedding in October! (Could have been the stomach flu I guess, but felt fine otherwise.)
Tomorrow is my surgery on my foot. I'm taking my scales so I can weigh myself right before and again right after so will know how much the cast will weigh. I know there may already be a bit of fluid build-up but it is the best I can do for more accurate WIs while wearing the cast (about 3 weeks?).

Mompattie - my hat's off to you...what a victory for you to get through the weekend, not only to avoid all the fattening foods, but for not decking anyone for their comments! LOL As my VIP says to me all the time, "You did good!"
Drakegirl - I would not have eaten the chicken either in that situation. Glad you had another choice handy.

Losingforgood - I know how hard it can be when the last kid leaves home, but you have to take care of yourself first now. Find something else to do instead of eat/nibble cheese, pizza, wine, whatever...especially helpful for a lot of us during those times are reading these boards! Such success stories & motivation here! Or go for a walk, clean the house, dance to some great music, read. Part of the program is learning how to overcome the triggers that got us fat to begin with. YOU CAN DO THIS!!!! Also, there is a thread specifically for those of us re-starting the program in case you haven't seen it. You may find that particularly helpful. Good luck!

Sewmam & Bellamack - enjoy the time getting to know your sisters all over again. Very happy for both of you!

Good luck to everyone with WIs today!
Thank you to everyone! I think I will head out to a Zumba class tonight...
Old 08-07-2012, 10:11 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 231/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Has anyone heard from Cadu or Darralyn?
Old 08-07-2012, 10:12 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 219.2/188.6/170

Height: 5'10"

Good Morning everyone!!

I emailed my coach to break up yesterday. She didn't email back. I hope she's not too hurt....!! Just kidding!!

My DH is out of town this week, making it harder to make meals, etc., because my 7 & 9 year olds are very active and demanding. Hate to say it, but my dinner last night was 3 chicken nuggets and roasted cauliflower. I have some recipes ready, so hopefully I can get to the store tonight. That will be after picking up the kids from the sitter, then going to their school to get them registered, then stopping at the dr to get my son's sports release dropped off. Ugh, too much stuff!!

This is a weird question - just since I've started IP, certain sections of my scalp are really dry and itchy. I know I've seen that people have hair loss on IP, but I don't have that. I'm just wondering if maybe the dryness on my scalp is from low fat? Any ideas?
Old 08-07-2012, 10:13 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerpaw615 View Post
Good morning everyone. I'm new to the site and to IP... today is my 1st day on plan. I would love to start chatting on here each day.
Hi Tigerpaws! This is a great site. I hope you at least check in every day. I think it helps keep me motivated and on track.

This first week will be exciting and challenging...stick with us and we can help keep you 100%. The people here are awesome!
Old 08-07-2012, 10:20 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 178/148/133

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerpaw615 View Post
Welcome! May today be the first of many on plan!
Old 08-07-2012, 10:22 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 178/148/133

Height: 5'3"

I'm off today - out to do school shopping! It's the most wonderful time of the year! Had my spinach shake already and will be grabbing a water bottle to go. It's 'cooler' here today - upper 80's. Its a nice change.

Have a great day.

Renee
Old 08-07-2012, 10:23 AM   #24  
Started IP 08/07/2012

S/C/G: 173.7/173.7/135

Height: 5'3

Thanks Cindy!
Old 08-07-2012, 10:32 AM   #25  
Carb Addict

S/C/G: 290/290/180

Height: 5'6"

Well, This weekend was amazing, went off to our little Bavarian village here in Washington for my 1 year anniversary. Boy was it hot over there. In town it reached 106 degreesby noon Sunday and my scale shows I was in the heat. Lots o water retention for me. I killed my H20 needed for that much heat but my body really likes to hold any water I drink when it gets icky. I am not worried about those extra 3lbs as they will woosh right off when I am back on my "normal" Glad to be back to normal with my hubbster. We had a ton of fun and I was not tempted by many of the treats that were available. I did sniff a few special treats and had a lick of DH's white chocolate gelatto. It was all I needed. I felt good traveling OP. I am going to do a bit of a boot camp to kick back into fat burning gear the rest of this work week. So I am off to "eat" my green monster shake. Have a great day everyone.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:38 AM   #26  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post

I get several Email positive daily thoughts/affirmations. Here is mine for today:

...that he who eats till he is sick, must fast till he is well
Well, ain't that the doggone truth!
After my first week, fasting til I'm well on IP seems to be the way for me. I need the structure after several failed attempts at retuning to Atkins after a hiatus & the scale just climbing & climbing. I'm just glad all of you are here to do it with me. It would be lonely (and not nearly as easy) without you.
lisa.....i love your posts!! somehow i thought from day 1 that you were a "kindred spirit"....a lovely southern belle with pizazzzzzz....and now i know!! ((((giggle))))) "ain't that the doggone truth!!!" only a southern chic can love that expression!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
Good morning everybody! Rise and shine !

good morning beautiful!!!

It is a beautiful, cool morning here and I love having the windows open for a few hours. Today, I am going to climb into my attic. Doesn't sound exciting, except for the fact that before the weight loss, I couldn't fit through the porthole (just the space between two ceiling joists), and now I can! So, after all these years of owning the house, I finally get to see firsthand what it looks like up there. There is the original 12ft plaster ceiling from when it was a schoolhouse, then the current drywall ceiling that is the standard 8 ft, both still in place, with this weird 4ft gap inbetween. Hard to explain.

i know that is an exciting moment for you!!! have fun in the attic!!!

One other piece of incredible news that has made me jump for joy, and that is that my little sister and I, after 10 years of estrangement, have started over, and she is once again in my life. I am so happy I could burst. It feels like doing IP started something in motion in my life and it's all good, all good.

isn't it amazing the confidence that IP brings as a BONUS...to weight loss!!!!

Well that's all I've got this morning...still waking up with my tea and oatmeal.

Hope you all have a fantastic, inspiring Tuesday!

Margaret
see responses in pink

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
Good morning! My scale was up 2 lbs today as well!! I had a great weekend at a family gathering of 50-60 people at my in laws. There was a catered meal, none of which I could eat! The meat was drowning in sauce and all the "salads" we're mayo based! Good thing I came prepared! I brought individually frozen portions of dinner protein, veggie stir fry for dinner, all my packets, and 2 HUGE veggies trays to share! My veggie trays were destroyed! You should have seen the dessert table! All homemade old fashioned pies, cakes, cheesecakes, OMG it looked evil. I DID NOT HAVE ONE SINGLE LICK OR TASTE, and had to sit with everyone as they all talked about how wonderful it all was!!

momhottie....i could not be more proud of you!!! you are one strong lady!!!

I had to endure comments like, why don't you have a wee piece? Or just a taste? Or why cant you have any? Or sucks not be you. Actually I felt i was the lucky one. In control.
YOU ARE THE LUCKY ONE!!!! INDEED!!!

Watching them all stuff their faces. It was kinda gross actually. And I was so proud of myself for getting through the next day at the lake, watching everyone having coolers, beer, glasses of wine, etc. I just kept on with my water. With a slice of lemon in it, I felt divine.

GOLD MEDAL WINNER MOMENT!!!!

I know that food will always be there. I know that I can control it now. It is just food, it doesn't come get me I have to go get it.
GREAT COMMENT!!!

I am the one I charge. Last year, the OLD me would have been eating non stop. That's how you get over 300 lbs! Oh gawd, the NEW me is not the old me and I'm don't want to go back, so I will just keep on keeping on.
keep on truckin' baby!!!

Even though I didn't get my scale reward. Le sigh. I sure would have liked to see a loss after that challenging weekend. But I know the sun always makes me hold fluid, so I'm hoping the whoosh fairy comes my way this week!

sending you love my friends and the whooosh fairy too!!! you are so smart to see that sometimes that ole scale plays TRICKS with our mind...but YOU ARE STRONG YOU ARE A GOLD MEDAL WINNER!!!

Sorry for the long post! Have a great day my IPeeps!!
see pink!!! i love ya gf!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
What an adventure in your own house! And it is amazing to reunite with family after so long. My dad and I were not on speaking terms for quite a few years after my mom passed away. When we finally reconciled it was awesome, and he has been in my life ever since Good luck!
i am sorry about your mom passing away. I am so thankful you were able to reunite with your dad....i really don't understand how a dad can abandon a daughter or children at all...seriously...i would give anything to have been able to had a relationship with my dad...my mom and dad divorced just before i turned 5, and i have seen my dad 5 times since then...once each year at age 6,7,8 and 9 due to forced visitation, and then not again until age 31 and never since. i tried to make amends...i tried to give love...i tried....and all these years have felt like it was me who was at fault...why couldn't my dad love me?? what was wrong with me??? i grew up an over achiever always trying to prove i was lovable. even now after all these years...its the one thing that has eluded me....the love of a dad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post

!
so sorry you were sick....hope you are feeling much better. good uck with your foot surgery...and thanks for cracking me up this morning!!!
about the "decking" comment!! i was thinking that myself!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimcoachmomma View Post
Has anyone heard from Cadu or Darralyn?
i have not....i miss them...sent a pm but nothing yet. also missing pacia and redmom!! where are you lovely ladies????

Last edited by rainbowsmiles; 08-07-2012 at 03:47 PM.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:40 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 257.4/203.2/185

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post

One other piece of incredible news that has made me jump for joy, and that is that my little sister and I, after 10 years of estrangement, have started over, and she is once again in my life. I am so happy I could burst. It feels like doing IP started something in motion in my life and it's all good, all good.

Well that's all I've got this morning...still waking up with my tea and oatmeal.

Hope you all have a fantastic, inspiring Tuesday!

Margaret
Sewmam, that is awesome and just made me so happy for you! I hope you guys get a lot of catching up done :-)
Old 08-07-2012, 10:45 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
Quick Question: those who use alternatives or IP... I made up pudding for a few days ahead (Healthsmart choc. marshmallow) in individual glass cups. It was fine day 1 & 2, but last night I went to get it for my 8pm snack and it was like water and bubbly on top. I threw it out! Anyone have that happen, I usually make just one in the morning for my evening snack, but had a busy few days and thought I would make ahead. thanks
Hi Bella, i am not sure if that happens with the IP products but I've had that experience with alternatives. I went to a conference last fall and prepared several puddings to take with me.
When I went to have them later they were swill. I never made the puddings as pudding after that but used them up as shakes.

Now for "long arm quilting" do you need long arms??? That won't work for me!
I wish we lived closer, quilting is something I've always wanted to take up. Maybe if I ever get to retire I'll go for it.

Pat
Old 08-07-2012, 10:58 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

Margaret - so great to hear your news! What a victory, being able to get up into that attic! And reuniting with your sister must be so rewarding, too. Glad to hear it!!

mompattie - wooohooo for resisting! I know, I think we all do, just how hard it is to walk away and say no. So congrats!!

Big hellos to everyone on this Tuesday! I'm off today, packing and preparing for my trip to Vegas tomorrow. Almost all packed, travel IP kit is ready, and I'm going to get my nails done at 2:30. Yay!

And tonight is WI - can y'all cross your fingers for me that I do make that 100lb milestone tonight? I need three pounds and I'm pretty sure I've got it but still - will take all the help I can get!!
Old 08-07-2012, 11:01 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post

And tonight is WI - can y'all cross your fingers for me that I do make that 100lb milestone tonight? I need three pounds and I'm pretty sure I've got it but still - will take all the help I can get!!
Giving you luck, good wishes and HOPE you make the hundreds!

BTW, YOU LOOK JUST FABULOUS!

Last edited by Delgen; 08-07-2012 at 11:02 AM.
Closed Thread