How did you choose your goal weight?

You're on Page 7 of 7
Go to
  • I picked the weight I was when I got married as my goal. I remember feeling at that time that I needed to lose 10 or 15lbs, but looking back at the pictures now, I think I actually looked great!
  • I chose 155 as my goal, because it would get me into the acceptable range for the incentive program for my employers health plan. I figured I will re asses how I feel when I get to this first big goal. I would much rather go down a little bit at a time on the goal once I am there than set a number in my head that is unrealistic to keep.

Interestingly enough when my coach asked me on my first day what I was planning for my goal weight and I replied. She said "So you are really looking at 160 because everyone gains 5 pounds after getting off the program" I found that really strange, so now I figure I will go down to at least 150.
  • I pick my weigh by looking at the healthy weight range for my height. Weird thing is I think I'm going to go down to 115 because I like numbers that end in 5, plus it will give me a little wiggle room. Weird, I know. lol But we shall see when I reach that weight, maybe it will change.
  • I picked a couple pounds below my prior low weight, in the hopes that will make me a size 6. (I was literally on the border between 6 and 8 at 138 lbs). I definitely will never go below 130 though, as I felt I looked almost too thin for my body type at 136. I also picked that weight because I like unusual or unexpected numbers.

That said, I feel I look good at any weight below 160, so I don't mind if my ultimate goal of 134 takes a while to achieve, which I'm sure it will.
  • I choose the weight that I was when I played college ball. Actually thinking about lowering my go a bit more though
  • Something I could achieve or, if not, quit. If I make it, I'll knock it down again. It's a marathon and not a sprint looking down from the 280s!
  • I am at 175lbs now and my goal is to get down to where I remember thinking that I was just the right size which is 145 lbs. That was in 2006.

So happy to have found this message board.
  • I havent really picked a goal weight yet. If I go by BMI I need to get down to 111-145 pounds... which I dont recall ever being.. and am positive my body frame will not support.
    I just got my measurements down yesterday including fat mass in pounds.. and I would really like to lose that many pounds.. so 138 pounds needs to go... but that being said.. I plan on losing until I feel like I look good and not hallow.. and can fit into a better wardrobe

Not very specific or scientific... but I think we are all very individual in this aspect for sure!
  • [email protected]
    Quote: i just picked 199....because i thought it might be WONDERFUL to feel what ONEDERLAND felt like as an adult...a number i have not seen on the scales since i was a sr in high school!!

my first major goal was to get rid of that 3...and when i started i was so skeptical and unsettled that it COULD happen for me...even though i have watched others achieve it...somehow i felt like for me...it might never be...but now i am starting to believe...it might be possible.

will i ever see a 1 in the front?? one can dream!!
    Girl, you are doing fantastic...you look great!! Don't give up on the "onederland", it is possible, just stay focused!! So proud of you!!!!
  • Thirteen: Please delete your email address from the header...you will get sooo much spam!!!