3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Discouraged (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264009-discouraged.html)

mytwokids123 08-03-2012 08:53 AM

Discouraged

Hi All,

I'm on my second week of IP and very frustrated. :?: I lost 8 lbs. my first week which, believe me, I'm thrilled with. But Saturday will be the end of week 2 and I've lost zip. Snapped at my husband today and figured I'd do better to get some motivation from you guys instead of taking it out on my family. Thanks for a safe place to vent and ask for help!

Katie

maddiefoofoo 08-03-2012 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mytwokids123 (Post 4425864)
Hi All,

I'm on my second week of IP and very frustrated. :?: I lost 8 lbs. my first week which, believe me, I'm thrilled with. But Saturday will be the end of week 2 and I've lost zip. Snapped at my husband today and figured I'd do better to get some motivation from you guys instead of taking it out on my family. Thanks for a safe place to vent and ask for help!

Katie

Ah i have an answer - WEEK 2 is often a no-lose week as far as weight, as your body is resetting - but i (and many other people) lose more inches in weeks 2 and 3. Every hates week 2- even my husband, who lost 15 pound weeks 1, didn't lose week 2.

Weeks 6-7 also have a plateau.
just stick with the plan. you'll work through it.

:hug:

DaisyLA 08-03-2012 09:06 AM

Ditto maddie. It's an annoying but common occurrence on diets where you have a big loss the first week. Hang in there!

Bellamack 08-03-2012 09:10 AM

agree with Maddie. Sometimes people lose wk 1 & 2 and not 3, so you see, sometimes you lose inches instead of pounds.

vent anytime, this board is sooooo wonderful for that :)

rainbowsmiles 08-03-2012 09:10 AM

Quote:

Hi All,

Katie

i don't know how much weight you need to lose but 8 lbs off in week 1 is FANTASTIC!! please don't give up on IP!! if you just focus on following the protocol...IT WILL WORK...week after week, month after month...until you phase off...it is a no fail weight loss method IF you stay focused and follow it. if you started it, you must have had belief that you COULD DO IT....so hold on to that belief!!

you can do it!!!!!!!! :hug:

greeniris 08-03-2012 09:11 AM

Hi Katie - Congratulations on your 8 lbs gone forever!! :carrot: Hang in there. As long as you're staying 100% OP it will come off. 8 lbs is a LOT to lose in one week, so between that and going into ketosis your body needs to adjust. Drink a ton of water, be sure you're getting your evoo & salt & supplements in, and eat on schedule. Unfortunately, getting frustrated and upset can actually slow down the losses. It will get better, and getting 'moody' at times is part of the process too. I went nearly 2 weeks without any change on the scale recently, then upped my water to about a gallon a day, and the next day I dropped 1 1/2 lbs!

You don't say whether you're weighing at home every day, if you are and it's upsetting you when there is no change, or if it goes up even (which it can!), then stop getting on the scale between WIs! Doing that has sabotaged a lot of IPers. Good luck, you've got this.

:hug::hug::dust:

Dakin 08-03-2012 09:16 AM

The fact that you snapped at hubby tells me that your estrogen levels are being affected, which means you're getting rid of FAT! Stick to the program and you'll be visited by the 'whoosh fairy' before long.
Hang in there... you are sooooo worth it!

mompattie 08-03-2012 09:36 AM

Just hang right in there. This is totally normal, believe it happens to all of us! Some weeks you will have a gain, even if you followed the diet to a TEE. Remember it happens, it is normal Week after week and month after month you will see progress. But you have to keep going NO MATTER WHAT the scale says! Cause what's the alternative?? Going back to the OLD way the OLD you. Like Ishbel put it: if I go back to what I did I will be what I was, and I don't want to be what I was. I want to what I am now and will be!! YOU CAN DO IT!!! We believe in you.

yowzer 08-03-2012 11:35 AM

Trust the process. 8 lbs in one week is absolutely excellent. Don't let it get you down. The weight will come off.:carrot:

wuv2bloved 08-03-2012 11:42 AM

And there you have it!....encourgment to keep going!!

fourstubbs 08-03-2012 01:37 PM

Try not to be discouraged. I lost only .6 of a pound my first (and only, so far) weigh in. I know how you feel! You have lost 8 pounds already, congratulations!! Try to imagine 8 pounds of butter or 8 pounds of potatoes and be happy you're not carrying it around anymore! :) Even though I didn't lose much last week, I feel GREAT, my diabetes is so much better, I could cry! My insides are cleaning out and my body is getting healed. You might not be able to see the changes this week, but they are there! Follow your plan 100 percent, don't give up. See where you are in a month. That is what i'm going to do. :) Good luck to you...

mytwokids123 08-05-2012 09:23 PM

Thank You!

Thanks to all of you for taking TIME to encourage me. I really do feel uplifted. I know this diet will work (i did Atkins before it was "Atkins" and lost 30 lbs. in a month - and I know this is healthier). I've managed to not cheat (didn't really even have the desire) after 3 dinners out and a wedding complete with a "candy bar."! So I'm in this for the long haul and will make sure to pay it back by encouraging y'all!:)

Hgamroth 08-05-2012 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mytwokids123 (Post 4428374)
Thanks to all of you for taking TIME to encourage me. I really do feel uplifted. I know this diet will work (i did Atkins before it was "Atkins" and lost 30 lbs. in a month - and I know this is healthier). I've managed to not cheat (didn't really even have the desire) after 3 dinners out and a wedding complete with a "candy bar."! So I'm in this for the long haul and will make sure to pay it back by encouraging y'all!:)

Everyone has ups and downs. I get really discouraged at time because my losses are not as big as others. But I AM LOSING and that is all the matters. You've got this!

Longhorn Energy 08-06-2012 12:03 AM

Quote:

Hi All,

Katie

Its funny to me, that people struggle with weight for years and years and them find IP and WOW, it works...but at the first glitch they panic (I did too by the way, week 2, 6, and...) but try keep in mind, this is still a diet, not magic...

Ask yourself this...What did you lose in the past month, 2 months, or year before you found IP. For most of us, the answer was zero, so if your answer is the same, you are still 8# up for the month lol, hang in there, its a long journey, so if you panic in week 2, your gonna hate week 6 haha.

mytwokids123 08-18-2012 07:19 AM

Thanks again - great perspective! I'm at the end of week 4 and am down 15 lbs. I've had so many "excuses" to cheat - family weddings, travel, vacation, etc. - but I haven't because I really want it for myself this time. So thanks for keeping me in the IP game! (btw @Longhorn Energy I LOVE your icon - DD is my favorite new show and Jase is definitely my favorite character!)