Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 12:32 PM   #61  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
I am sooo happy for you Liz. I am going in for my FINAL PHASE 1 WI today as well
YEAH!!!! We started about the same time (I'm 5 days after you) and are ending this together! Couldn't have asked for a better partner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddiefoofoo View Post
Liz - what you prove is that clothing size and weight don't have to be correlated. I would have said you had to be 105 pounds to be a size 1! It's amazing when your body is the right composition. THat is my big AHA from you. Congrats and good luck (not that you need it!)
You really need to unwrap your mind from a lot of preconceived notions of weight and diet when doing IP. You lose a tremendous amount of body fat on this protocol, so your sizes will drop dramatically compared to other weight loss methods (ESPECIALLY at the end). I really believe the need is to be focused on inches and body composition rather than "the number on the scale". I would rather have a muscle gain on the scale than vice versa. Who wants to be unhealthy 'skinny fat' when you can wear the same size and be healthy, fit, and strong!
Old 08-03-2012, 12:35 PM   #62  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodster View Post
Happy Friday All...just had my 4th WI....I was down .5 on the scale...BOO!! But, I did weigh myself on my DH's digital scale before I went and I was down 2 lbs....Last week his scale was exactly the same as the clinics so I am chalking the difference this week to "operator error" as they use the old fashioned Dr. kind that stands up....I was kinda bummed at first but as my husband said....next week will just show a bigger loss!! I can feel it in my pants so I am NOT going to stress...I know good things happen if I am just patient!! I hope everyone has a GREAT weekend.....
You have the best attitude!!! Enjoy your weekend!
Old 08-03-2012, 12:35 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 227/227/155

Height: 5'3”

Good Morning! Hooray-Hooray-it's Friday Today!!!
Weighed in this morning, down 1.4 lbs. Never, would I have thought, I would lose 29 lbs. in 57 days.....AMAZING!!!!
The only thing that is bothering me is my back . I haven't hurt myself - I use to be really scrunched over, now i'm finding my posture has improved enormously. Do you think this is what's going on with me? It would make sense that my body is adjusting.
I can't wait til I can start doing some strength training exercises. I understand the concept behind no (or minimal) exercise during phase 1 but I will admit i'm getting antsy to start building up some muscle and getting some cardio happening ....patience....patience....
Old 08-03-2012, 12:37 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 155/155/125

Height: 5'3.5"

Have a great WI LizRR and MooseLover!!!!!
Old 08-03-2012, 12:42 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 180/141.5/130

Height: 5'3"

Good morning everyone. WOW Liz, you are inspiring!! Enjoy your WI...who knew that was possible?

I am looking forward to the same shopping issues, I can't wait to shop for cute clothes, not just clothes that fit (hide stuff)!!

Well, my family will be here in a few hours and no sign of the cleaning fairy yet Guess that means I should get off my butt!

Have an amazing OP weekend to everyone
Old 08-03-2012, 12:52 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 258.4/163.6/168.4

Height: 5' 3"

Good morning all - down 3 lbs at my WI today and then had tons of success at TJ Maxx finding new clothes - (went out of Nordstroms so frustrated yesterday!)

Congrats to everyone on their successes today! Have a wonderful OP day!
Old 08-03-2012, 12:56 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 257.4/203.2/185

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post

I can't believe where I have ended up - and I am so excited for where I am headed. I honestly never believed in my entire life (starting from wee elementary school) that I would ever be 'skinny' - I still don't always see myself like that - but I can't deny that I am wearing size ONE jeans today and an XSmall top, and that's pretty freaking small. I've always been one of, if not usually the heaviest person in the room - thought I was "doomed" to a life of obesity, but I am so thankful to have found IP and this great, supportive forum.
See, this is how I feel now. I've never been "skinny", so I think I just stopped caring. but, who knows now... You guys here are such an inspiration!!
Old 08-03-2012, 01:04 PM   #68  
Started IP 12 Apr 12

S/C/G: 270/179/170

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
Thanks!!! And AWESOME AWESOME AWESOMEon the swimsuit!!! Who's the hottie??? RAINBOW IS!!!! Have fun my girl!! Oh, and we have wide open skies and fresh prairie air up here in Sask!!

Thanks Wendy!! I know what you mean about shopping!! I went to penningtons the other day and nothing really fit right or looked good. I was looking at 24 W size. Ended up with X or 1X and 16/18 jeans!! I had better success at Rickis!! Kinda a panic attack - where do I shop? What stores carry styles I like? What size am I? Where do I go? OMG is this happening? It was unreal but it is happening! Awesome job!!

Blech. Spinach smoothie all floatie and green and nasty. LizzRR would be laughing at me!! LOL! Seaweed and spinach smoothies?? LMAO! Listen to us!! Wow, IP has changed our lives! Who would have thought we would be talking about this! Awesome! But seriously spinach smoothie isn't for me. Kudos to those who love it, you're a special breed! LOL!
I just became a spinach smoothie junkie , today I had run out of IP chocolate drink so I used the vanilla and put in a shot of Torani's caramel syrup and a healthy shake of cinnamon and it was heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by clh99002 View Post
Well good morning! It sounds like everyone has fabulous weekend plans.

Last weekend was very busy for me with the Newport Folk Festival, so I am hoping that this one will be low key. We might take the boat out overnight and then I might hit up a really nice farmer's market and craft show. Like many, I am way behind on cleaning and hope to make a large dent with chores. But we dont have air conditioning and it is supposed to be REALLY HOT here is CT...which means that you may just find me melted on the couch or floating in my neighbor's pool.

I do have my WI#3 tomorrow...maybe I will be a lucky 3lbs down!? *fingers crossed*.
Sending the woosh fairy your way my dear

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
I'm wearing size 14 petite pants today! It has been over 2 yrs since I've been able to wear these pants And on the way into work I had an NSV...noticed that my butt & thighs don't take up the whole seat anymore! LOL Silly, I know, but still it reinforces that I really am getting smaller! WooHoo!!!
wooho, look at you miss size 14's

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaBoBanna View Post
Morning everyone!

I woke up with an upset tummy today so I'm taking it easy. I have 3 days off in a row (amazing!) and all of my friends/sister/bf are busy! I may go to the beach by myself and read a book, or go visit my mom.

Trying the peach mango drink for the first time and it's not that bad! I blend everything with lots of ice and an extra packet of stevia to fill two large glasses.
sorry you have the tummy ache, feel better soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
Howdy IPeeps! So today is my FINAL PHASE 1 WI!!!! I am so nervous, excited, anxious, and amazed at how this part of my journey is wrapping up. I barely slept last night - I confess to semi-obsessing over my first Phase 3 breakfast into the wee hours (don't check that thread if you don't want to be super jealous of me in 2 weeks), then I popped out of bed this morning full of energy. Needing a bit of caffeine to jolt me up and at 'em.

I can't believe where I have ended up - and I am so excited for where I am headed. I honestly never believed in my entire life (starting from wee elementary school) that I would ever be 'skinny' - I still don't always see myself like that - but I can't deny that I am wearing size ONE jeans today and an XSmall top, and that's pretty freaking small. I've always been one of, if not usually the heaviest person in the room - thought I was "doomed" to a life of obesity, but I am so thankful to have found IP and this great, supportive forum.

And I am even MORE excited, because this is the next step towards trying for baby #2. This has been my main motivator - but I have learned sooooo much on the way that I really feel good about my future. I do have the worries about 'old patterns' coming back - but really, my menu and options (particularly in the veggie department) have just gone through the roof.

Wish me luck today at 1pm!

And I'm LOLing at the spinach smoothie discussions - as I LIVE off of them and I LOVE them - trying to think of a good Phase 3 breakfast idea where I can still have them! Today *oh horror of horrors* I RAN OUT OF SPINACH! I had read somewhere that zucchini can be used, so I subbed...no thanks! Maybe I should have peeled it, I have little zucchini bits & rubble all in there. I guess I have mastered the art of the spinach smoothie (which I should after making a million of them), the zucchini smoothie - not so much!

I am so jealous - I love Newport! I lived in Boston for 5 years and miss my New England times. Whenever usmcvet talks about Vermont I reminisce about the old ski house in Killington. Good luck on WI tomorrow!
LizRR, you know we are ALL wishing you all the luck we can. Right now I living vicariously thru you until I can get "tiny"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heitina View Post
Weighed in this morning, down 1.4 lbs. Never, would I have thought, I would lose 29 lbs. in 57 days.....AMAZING!!!!
The only thing that is bothering me is my back . I haven't hurt myself - I use to be really scrunched over, now i'm finding my posture has improved enormously. Do you think this is what's going on with me? It would make sense that my body is adjusting.
I can't wait til I can start doing some strength training exercises. I understand the concept behind no (or minimal) exercise during phase 1 but I will admit i'm getting antsy to start building up some muscle and getting some cardio happening ....patience....patience....
woohoo, great progress
Old 08-03-2012, 01:04 PM   #69  
Began IP 6/27/12

S/C/G: 219/189/175

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaBoBanna View Post
See, this is how I feel now. I've never been "skinny", so I think I just stopped caring. but, who knows now... You guys here are such an inspiration!!
I agree! Thank God for this forum! I have always been the tallest and heaviest in the room...including half the men! For my goal I am using what I weighed in high school. I really don't think I can be smaller than that....I'm certainly not a petite person....big feet, big man hands, big, big, big....But I really wonder what will happen if I continue to stay OP even after hitting my goal. I know I will never be slender or waif-like (sp?) because I'm too athletic/muscular build, but it sure does make you wonder...
Old 08-03-2012, 01:31 PM   #70  
Started IP 2/23/2012

S/C/G: 192.2/142.4/140

Height: 5'5"

I am back from my final phase 1 weigh in. 139.8 Just a tad bit under my goal My coach showed me my before picture and the tears started flowing. What an emotional experience!!! I have seen them before and I look at the one posted here everyday, but just seeing that right after reaching my goal on the scale was overwhelming. Now the hard part begins. Keeping it off!!! I feel confident that I have the tools and support to do that now. I am so happy Thank you everyone here for helping me along my journey. Your posts and support helped me EVERY DAY!!!
Old 08-03-2012, 01:32 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 294/294/150

Height: 5'3"

Good morning everyone and happy Friday! I am off to a great start and on Day 3. I woke up with a slight headache but did the sea salt trick and should be feeling a little better soon. I am a little surprised that the headaches haven't been more intense since I cut caffeine cold turkey but I am not complaining.

I would like to thank everyone for their motivation and inspiration. I have never been so excited to diet before.
Old 08-03-2012, 01:34 PM   #72  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heitina View Post

Great job on the loss!

I have had back issues for the last several years. One of the things my chiropractor told me was to make sure I stretch and also to do some light core exercises every day. The core muscles will then take some of the load off of your back.
Old 08-03-2012, 01:39 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 185/171/145

Height: 5'4"

[QUOTE=maddiefoofoo;4425785]Good morning all. Had an interesting experience getting fitted for bras last night- I feel like the incredible shrinking woman. Doesn't feel like these new numbers (sizes, weight, etc.) are even me.QUOTE]

But those numbers *are* you!!! I hate bra fittings, though i should go in for one. I'm not done with my journey, but my chest was the first place to get smaller....

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
have a beautiful day
hi lovely lady!!! have a GREAT Day!!!!! BE STRONG
Your new photo looks great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlvr52 View Post
I am so glad it's Friday. I have a great weekend planed. Monday is my 1 year anniversary with my DH. We are doing a small get away. I have my stuff all packed and the restaurant picked where we will have our dinner where I can eat OP. Lots of sun and sunscreen in store for me.
Happy Anniversary! It looks like it's going to be a gorgeous weekend for us in the Seattle area (good timing for you)!!
Old 08-03-2012, 01:41 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 145/124.8/120

Height: 5'2.5"

Congrats Liz and Moose!!! So excited for you!
Old 08-03-2012, 01:42 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 226/195/175

Height: 5'9''

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
I am back from my final phase 1 weigh in. 139.8 Just a tad bit under my goal My coach showed me my before picture and the tears started flowing. What an emotional experience!!! I have seen them before and I look at the one posted here everyday, but just seeing that right after reaching my goal on the scale was overwhelming. Now the hard part begins. Keeping it off!!! I feel confident that I have the tools and support to do that now. I am so happy Thank you everyone here for helping me along my journey. Your posts and support helped me EVERY DAY!!!
Congratulations!!! What an accomplishment. You should be soooo proud of yourself. Good luck in maintenance :-)
Closed Thread