Old 08-01-2012, 09:47 PM   #16  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Welcome to all of you newbies! I look forward to watching your progress. I don't think you can get too much water, as long as you're getting your salt in.

RE: the soups, adding herbs, fresh or dried, will also help. After a week or two I didn't even notice the after-taste anymore.
greeniris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:49 PM   #17  

I still haven't even tried the soups....I'm not brave enough!!
mightbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 10:28 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 100 to lose

Height: 6'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
Welcome to all of you newbies! I look forward to watching your progress. I don't think you can get too much water, as long as you're getting your salt in.

RE: the soups, adding herbs, fresh or dried, will also help. After a week or two I didn't even notice the after-taste anymore.
This is good to hear! The taste at first was pretty good. But then--wham! Crazy aftertaste :-p

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightbe View Post
I still haven't even tried the soups....I'm not brave enough!!
I'm kind of scared of tomorrow's chicken soup lunch I'm in the "beta" group for my clinic. Our food was pre-selected for us for the first 2 weeks, so we can try everything to see what we like. There's a banana pudding on tomorrow's menu, too. Uh oh! haha.
DaisyLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 10:48 PM   #19  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyLA View Post
This is good to hear! The taste at first was pretty good. But then--wham! Crazy aftertaste :-p

I'm kind of scared of tomorrow's chicken soup lunch I'm in the "beta" group for my clinic. Our food was pre-selected for us for the first 2 weeks, so we can try everything to see what we like. There's a banana pudding on tomorrow's menu, too. Uh oh! haha.
My coach did the same thing, set us up with 1 week pre-selected and an eating plan. It was good, but I definitely learned what I DIDN'T like. RE: the chicken soup - I found it was a lot more like cream of chicken soup than a brothy soup - but a few people suggested increasing the water to thin it out.

Check out the pudding consistency thread - tons of great ideas on other ways to use the pudding mix!
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:02 PM   #20  

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
My coach did the same thing, set us up with 1 week pre-selected and an eating plan. It was good, but I definitely learned what I DIDN'T like. RE: the chicken soup - I found it was a lot more like cream of chicken soup than a brothy soup - but a few people suggested increasing the water to thin it out.

Check out the pudding consistency thread - tons of great ideas on other ways to use the pudding mix!
I'm excited to try some of the variations!
Old 08-01-2012, 11:07 PM   #21  

I'm new too & taking the time to check out recipes. I'm gonna make IP Banana bread with my banana pudding.

I am determined not to get bored.

Re: soup. I KNEW I wouldn't like it so I doctored from the beginning. I puréed a cup of steamed veggies and then blended the soup with it in the blender. Also garlic & pepper. Yesterday was celery/zucchini in creamy chicken & today was summer squash/celery in mushroom. Both were good after I fixed em.

What sounds unappetizing to me is eating something sweet (bar, drink, pudding) with veggies in the side. I'm gonna need my lunches to be savory or be able to make some of the muffin or pancake recipes, incorporating zucchini.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 07:16 AM   #22  
Started IP 6/15/012

S/C/G: 150/133.5/125

Height: 5'5.5"

Hi everyone! I am also new! I have been doing IP alternatives for a month. I hit 50 yrs old and menopause and struggled to lose pounds. FINALLY ,with IP I have been losing those pounds!
follyb girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 10:39 PM   #23  
Auntie Susie

S/C/G: 201/159.8/130

Height: less than 5 feet

Menopause is a bugger....I have tried everything to lose weight in the past but IP is the only thing that is consistently taking the weight off in decent amounts each week. I just need to get a bit more creative to keep it interesting and not slack off.
Susan1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 12:28 PM   #24  
Back to the old me :)

S/C/G: 138.4/see ticker/125

Height: 5'6 1/2

Smile 2nd day on IP

Hi Birdie Belle and everyone!

I'm a newbie, too, and just want to say how glad I am to find this forum. Today is my 2nd day on IP and things have been good. There was a time before and after dinner that I craved for something salty and sweet respectively, but I was never really hungry.

Am loving the chili and BBQ ridges (yes, I know these are restricted )

I really hope I get through the "tough days" to ketosis.

Have a great day!

aliceinseattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 02:38 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 210/156/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyLA View Post
That's great! My tomato basil soup for lunch was a little rough (awful aftertaste), but I chugged it & it was fine I somehow ended up drinking 14 cups of water today. I like water, but I normally forget to drink it.

Glad to officially have one IP day under my belt!
Haha, I was eating the delicious (not so much) tomato basil soup as I read your post so i had to laugh. I think for me it's the weird consistency I'm struggling a bit with. I added a few southwest cheese curls to the soup and pretended they were crackers, lol, it wasn't bad!
Prettyrainbows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 04:14 PM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prettyrainbows View Post
Haha, I was eating the delicious (not so much) tomato basil soup as I read your post so i had to laugh. I think for me it's the weird consistency I'm struggling a bit with. I added a few southwest cheese curls to the soup and pretended they were crackers, lol, it wasn't bad!
Ha! Great modification! I just finished eating my SW cheese curls for lunch
Old 08-05-2012, 04:18 PM   #27  

Alice: the chili & BBQ ridges have been my favorite this week, too.

I made my chocolate pudding into a shake last night with 8-10 oz water & a handful of ice cubes. It fluffed up to fill a 40 oz cup! Crazy! It was super creamy & fluffy. I was happy to find an unrestricted thing that I really liked