3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Passing out/Dizziness (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/263605-passing-out-dizziness.html)

kmc1021 07-27-2012 12:33 PM

Passing out/Dizziness

Hey ya'll, I was wondering if anyone had any insight on this. First let me start by saying I have been OP, getting more than enough water and get my salt in and my EVOO in as directed. Yesterday I got so dizzy that I passed out in the early evening and then again right before I went to bed. This morning I am still really dizzy and lightheaded. I added some more salt this morning (7 am) and am still really dizzy now. I just checked my BP and it is 93/58. I have hereditary high BP so this is BEYOND low for me. I am on my 13th week and have not experienced this before. Any insight would be great!

Thanks!

kelly315 07-27-2012 12:35 PM

Have you been drinking extra water? It might be dehydration to some degree.

Ishbel 07-27-2012 12:42 PM

Too much water and not enough salt? I had to really up my salt sometimes because I was drinking too much salt.

ALSO, could you be pregnant? (sorry to stress you out but you can be extra fertile on this diet).

AnnaBoBanna 07-27-2012 12:48 PM

That's pretty low blood pressure. Also, when you go from sitting to standing, do it slowly and give your body time to adjust. When you stand up, BP will drop (head rush). I would increase your salt and maybe drink just enough water.

LizRR 07-27-2012 12:50 PM

How is your potassium intake? You may try to take an extra one - the salt, water, and potassium are not something to be messed with. You should definitely talk with your doctor about this. If you are on any BP meds they will most likely need to be adjusted.

kmc1021 07-27-2012 12:50 PM

I drink at least 100oz of water a day. Sometimes more, but never less. I use my salt a few times through the day and use a good amount of it so I get the sodium in.

I was told 11 years ago that I could never get pregnant. I also just ended a cycle on the 16th, so I doubt I am pregnant (would be nice though, but don't think that is the case!!)

I am drinking some PowerAde Zero to see if that will help any.

kmc1021 07-27-2012 12:51 PM

Lizz, I will add another potassium today and see if that helps any. I am not currently on any medication for BP

Ishbel 07-27-2012 01:22 PM

Lots of IP babies on this diet...might be worth it to spend 10 bucks on a walmart brand stick...just to rule it out. I think over the year I spent 40 bucks on sticks...cause I would get concerned...and I was told I would have difficulty too.

Your hormones really level out and your body gets primed for a baby on this diet, you just never know.

Agree with most of the posters...breath deeply when standing up...might be worth checking out.

My BP is those levels now.

Kaypix 07-27-2012 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnaBoBanna (Post 4418572)
That's pretty low blood pressure. Also, when you go from sitting to standing, do it slowly and give your body time to adjust. When you stand up, BP will drop (head rush). I would increase your salt and maybe drink just enough water.

90/60 is normal for me...

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmc1021 (Post 4418578)
I drink at least 100oz of water a day. Sometimes more, but never less. I use my salt a few times through the day and use a good amount of it so I get the sodium in.
I was told 11 years ago that I could never get pregnant. I also just ended a cycle on the 16th, so I doubt I am pregnant (would be nice though, but don't think that is the case!!)
I am drinking some PowerAde Zero to see if that will help any.

I bet it is blood pressure related, and the salt/sodium stuff should help a lot I bet. Maybe try going for the packets that have the higher sodium content in them. I know chicken a la king is like 630mg

Bellamack 07-27-2012 01:26 PM

Yep, agree with everyone! I have naturally low blood pressure ( usually 90/60) so it is not dangerously low, but you do have to have enough salt in your diet and drink lost of H2O. Hope you are feeling less dizzy :)

EPAPRN 07-27-2012 04:07 PM

try adding another potassium supplement in the morning. I would add even more salt - you need the salt to keep the water in the blood vessels

mammoth357 07-27-2012 05:03 PM

I love the idea's being written above, but the BEST idea (as Liz already stated) is to visit your family doctor and let them tell you what to do.

I also have been VERY light-headed, dizzy, and weak since I began this diet July 3rd...and I have a full physical with blood panels etc next week...so I am waiting for then. If I did not have that app't, I would have called my doc today.

So...go see your Doc! Better to make sure then to guess.
Hope you feel better soon!
Jake

usmcvet 07-27-2012 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmc1021 (Post 4418557)
Hey ya'll, I was wondering if anyone had any insight on this. First let me start by saying I have been OP, getting more than enough water and get my salt in and my EVOO in as directed. Yesterday I got so dizzy that I passed out in the early evening and then again right before I went to bed. This morning I am still really dizzy and lightheaded. I added some more salt this morning (7 am) and am still really dizzy now. I just checked my BP and it is 93/58. I have hereditary high BP so this is BEYOND low for me. I am on my 13th week and have not experienced this before. Any insight would be great!

Thanks!

are you on BP medicine? Is your sugar too low?

kmc1021 07-27-2012 06:23 PM

Thanks all for the responses. I did call my doctor and he is not in till Wednesday. He said that if I pass out again to go straight to the ER. He also wants me eating "normally" I told him I need to stick this out and if tomorrow it is still this bad perhaps I will add something into it. I told him that if it were this diet I would have experienced this long ago (like I'm the doctor, haha!!). DH wants me to follow his directions, but we all know I am boss!! I added a TON of salt to my dinner and hope that will help. If not I will try eating something the doc recommended. What worries me is my mother died when she was 36 of a massive heart attack. She was very healthy (so we all thought). Slim and active, but she had 100%, 99% and 95% blockage in her main arteries. So I don't want to take any chances. Another thing he told me I need to do is take a pregnancy test. I told him ya'll suggested that!!

UMC, no I am not on BP meds. I checked my sugar and it was normal. BP is still low as of right now, but will monitor.

Bellamack 07-27-2012 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mammoth357 (Post 4418871)
I love the idea's being written above, but the BEST idea (as Liz already stated) is to visit your family doctor and let them tell you what to do.

I also have been VERY light-headed, dizzy, and weak since I began this diet July 3rd...and I have a full physical with blood panels etc next week...so I am waiting for then. If I did not have that app't, I would have called my doc today.

So...go see your Doc! Better to make sure then to guess.
Hope you feel better soon!
Jake

Last yr when I did IP for 5 months, I was always tired and never got the "burst" of energy that many speak of, I think everyone is different. I, too had a complete physical, my vit D & thyroid were off. So, got that on track, all this to say, it is a very good idea to check it out wih your doctor.