3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Home of the Re-Starters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/263602-home-re-starters.html)

sandralosingweight 07-27-2012 11:33 AM

Home of the Re-Starters

Hello everyone,

As I am reading lately lots of posts about people having difficulties re-starting the program and being 100% (and I am totally one of these people), I thought I would open this thread in order to share our experience and most of all to encourage ourselves to stick to the diet and just do it this time.

Here is my story : shortly after I married at a weight of 220 pounds, with a move from a province to another, and with a new lifestyle of misery to find a job and ending up working the worse job I ever found, working night shifts and being miserable all the time, the pounds started creeping up and up, I reached 250 pounds! And I do believe that I reached more than that at one time, but I did not want to weigh myself then.

After, I left the province I so much hated my life in, and came back to where we used to live before and started to rebuild my life, I was starting to physically feel very heavy, I couldn’t go up a flight of stairs without being out of breath, so I decided I should radically do something, I can’t live like this, I mean, I have never been thin, but I was sporty and I could move and move a lot since I used to exercise like crazy before with no problem at all. Anyway, back then I was getting hooked on watching the biggest loser and I was amazed at how the two sisters who were the finalist transformed themselves, and I so much wanted that, so, I went to the bookshop, bought myself the biggest loser diary and the biggest loser last chance workout DVD and started right away, writing everything I ate and exercising every week day to the DVD, I used to cry while doing it but for a whole period of a month, I never stopped, by the end of the month, I lost 7 pounds! I was happy, that my effort paid off… until I got my period, and gained 5 whole pounds back, I was furious, to have endured this much physical and emotional pain to end up losing ONLY 2 pounds a month! That was not acceptable to me.

So, I stopped doing the biggest loser’s diet and I started looking for another method of weight loss. (Note: I have already tried almost every diet under the sun before, I lost some and then I gained some). Luckily, one day, while looking over the internet, I found about IP, and I truly believe that it was God sent.

I started IP on June 30, 2011 with a weight of 248, I bought all my IP products and I followed the diet 1000%. To my surprise, the first week, I lost a total of 11 pounds! I was AMAZED, I was also a little bit angry as of why I did not find this diet much sooner.

I continued losing weight of an average of 3.5 a week, sometimes less, I never cheated until one time I had an office party at my work and I was starving back then, so I nibbled on some stuff I shouldn’t have, but I caught up with my diet and I continued losing, also, there was a period of time when I intentionally stopped because I thought I was pregnant, then I continued until around Christmas I reached a weight of 201!!!!! I was ecstatic, I took pictures of myself at the office party and posted them on Facebook and I was so happy how fast I lost the weight.

Stupidly enough, it was at this period of time that I decided that I am looking fairly good now, I can allow myself to have a Christmas break to enjoy myself and the food with my family. I swear to God, it was the biggest mistake of my life. What was supposed to be just a couple of weeks for a Christmas break, went on and on and on, until Easter, then after Easter, then until June, then until July !!! Oh my God, I was trying to go back to being 100% with no success at all, I will do few days on and more days off, I was so ashamed of myself and I couldn’t understand why on earth I did it quite easily the first time and it is this hard to restart, but I kept on trying and trying. Needless to say that the pounds were creeping back again, slowly but surely, so, for a period of time, I was between 206 and 210 and I thought to myself, it is ok, I can lose that in a couple of weeks (seeing that I lost 11 pounds the first week on round one), then I found myself between 210 and 215, then 215 and 220, but to my shock, last week, for the first time, and luckily it was for the only time, that I saw a number that scared me to the max, I reached 227 pounds !!!! That was last Monday, July 23, 2011; I was beyond chocked, how could I let myself go like this ??? So, obviously, I restarted my diet, with the best intention to be 100% this time, still, on the third day, I did not stick to my diet 100%, so I nibbled here and there, but this time, I was so conscious not to nibble on carbs and crazy bad stuff, so, I just added more protein and more vegetables, I ate a little bit of 0 carb cheese, and some nuts, I know all of which are not allowed on this program, but I thought that I would rather do this than go pig out on French Fries and burgers, and eat sweet pastries and cupcakes, so I knew I was not succeeding being 100% again and again, but at least I am trying to train myself to make better choices. I swear that after the fourth day, it was getting easier and easier, I don’t feel like I need to cheat anymore and I am not super duper hungry with uncontrollable cravings, yesterday and today were 100% and I am sure I can go on from here with each day getting easier than the one before.

It is not advised for us to weigh ourselves everyday, but this is what I do, since the very start of my diet, I am a daily weigh-in person, I am so happy to say that as of today, I saw the 216 pounds on my scale, making it -11 pounds in less than a week, my official weekly weigh-in is on Monday and I hope by then I will lose a couple of pounds more.

I know I wrote a lot, but I really wanted to share my story with all of you who are trying to restart, I know it is SUPER DUPER HARD, but it is not impossible.

Let us help each other, we can do this.

stolaf 07-27-2012 11:40 AM

Hi there. I am a re-starter, too.

I lost 48 pounds from July 15 2011 until the beginning of December. I felt awesome - loads of energy and compliments. I just got lazy and instead of following Ph 4 properly, I went back to old eating habits. So, here I am with some weight back on and I just don't want it again.

It was easier re-starting this time around. I knew to expect headaches the first few days so had my salt and water ready. I am almost through my first full week and love how I am feeling again.

I am doing all alternative products this time around. My husband is doing it with me and we just can't afford to have two people on IP. I am using the sticky threads and advice from others who use alternative products.

Veroli 07-27-2012 11:47 AM

Thanks for sharing your experiences. It is very useful information for those of us that are on Phase 1......

sandralosingweight 07-30-2012 08:49 AM

Hello everyone,

Even though I had the best intentions, over the weekend, as we were camping in a very remote area, I didn't follow the diet at all, I tried to be conscious about what I was eating first but then I let go. I swam and walked long walks, the scenery was amazing, I enjoyed myself for these two days and here I am re-starting again.

My weigh-in today: 220, so I gained some weight from what I lost but still, on the positive side, I lost a whole 7 pounds in a week (I was 227 last Monday).

Hope everybody is doing good and sticking to the program.

patns 07-30-2012 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandralosingweight (Post 4421044)
Hello everyone,

Even though I had the best intentions, over the weekend, as we were camping in a very remote area, I didn't follow the diet at all, I tried to be conscious about what I was eating first but then I let go. I swam and walked long walks, the scenery was amazing, I enjoyed myself for these two days and here I am re-starting again.

My weigh-in today: 220, so I gained some weight from what I lost but still, on the positive side, I lost a whole 7 pounds in a week (I was 227 last Monday).

Hope everybody is doing good and sticking to the program.

That is an excellent week Sandra, you couldn't have been too far off in what you ate. The walking and swimming must have helped.

I wish we could walk and swim outdoors all year.

Pat

sandralosingweight 07-30-2012 10:04 AM

Thanks Pat :)

I see you almost reached your goal weight :) way to go.

Lesley 07-30-2012 03:37 PM

Hello! I'm so glad to have found a "re-starter" board, because thats exactly what I am doing. I lost 56 pounds last year on IP, and loved every minute! I phased off and kept the weight off, right until I got pregnant with our second child! Now that I have a healthy, happy 6 week old baby boy, I am ready to get back on the horse and lose some (all) baby weight!

Congrats to everyone for having the good sense to come back to IP - it works!

sandralosingweight 07-30-2012 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lesley (Post 4421559)
Hello! I'm so glad to have found a "re-starter" board, because thats exactly what I am doing. I lost 56 pounds last year on IP, and loved every minute! I phased off and kept the weight off, right until I got pregnant with our second child! Now that I have a healthy, happy 6 week old baby boy, I am ready to get back on the horse and lose some (all) baby weight!

Congrats to everyone for having the good sense to come back to IP - it works!

Hi there,

Congratulations for your baby :)

I am losing weight in order to get pregnant now, actually the doctor I am seeing asked me to be at a minimum of 180 pounds so I still have a long way to go, but I am happy that with IP the weight melts off quickly.

Good luck with your re-start, I know from experience that it is hard to re-start, but of course it is not impossible, so best of luck :)

PhoenixRisingAgain 07-31-2012 08:26 AM

I am going to place myself here with this group, since for *me* this is the one millionth re-start of any diet...I hope that is OK. It's also a restart of sorts for IP because for the last 2 days I was someone else entirely and acted like I never heard of IP before! :o

So I am carb loaded and now I gotta get back to business. I will be watching and listening here to you gals who have lost a lot of weight the first time through with IP. I will be curious to see if it comes off as easily/quickly as the first time, and how your experience differs this time.

We can do this!

Oh, and I use alternatives: Pure Protein products!

MustangMolly 07-31-2012 10:42 AM

Hi Sandra, great thread, I remember you from when I first started IP. I too have been off the program and am restarting. I had great success when I first started IP so I know it works for me. My challenge was all of our spring/summer vacations and activities that made it really difficult for me to stay on the plan. I'm happy to say that most of the challenges have passed and while I did put back on a few pounds I am back full swing. I am doing alternatives now but they are working as well as the IP products.

Good luck to all the restarters.

TwoTots 07-31-2012 11:16 AM

Hello All. I had a brief but successful fling with IP last year. I didn't have the stamina and willpower to stay the journey. Now, I am determined to begin again and finish. I plan on starting August 13th. I have family here for the next two weeks so I don't want to begin the diet until I have all my ducks in a row! I was lurking on the forum and found this group.

sandralosingweight 07-31-2012 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MustangMolly (Post 4422314)
Hi Sandra, great thread, I remember you from when I first started IP. I too have been off the program and am restarting. I had great success when I first started IP so I know it works for me. My challenge was all of our spring/summer vacations and activities that made it really difficult for me to stay on the plan. I'm happy to say that most of the challenges have passed and while I did put back on a few pounds I am back full swing. I am doing alternatives now but they are working as well as the IP products.

Good luck to all the restarters.

Hello there,

I remember you well, we used to be very active on the daily thread :)

I am glad you joined the re-starters.

We can do it and we will :)

sandralosingweight 07-31-2012 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhoenixRisingAgain (Post 4422173)
I am going to place myself here with this group, since for *me* this is the one millionth re-start of any diet...I hope that is OK. It's also a restart of sorts for IP because for the last 2 days I was someone else entirely and acted like I never heard of IP before! :o

So I am carb loaded and now I gotta get back to business. I will be watching and listening here to you gals who have lost a lot of weight the first time through with IP. I will be curious to see if it comes off as easily/quickly as the first time, and how your experience differs this time.

We can do this!

Oh, and I use alternatives: Pure Protein products!

Hello and welcome,

Go back on being 100% ASAP, you can do it, I am sure :)

sandralosingweight 07-31-2012 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwoTots (Post 4422368)
Hello All. I had a brief but successful fling with IP last year. I didn't have the stamina and willpower to stay the journey. Now, I am determined to begin again and finish. I plan on starting August 13th. I have family here for the next two weeks so I don't want to begin the diet until I have all my ducks in a row! I was lurking on the forum and found this group.

Welcome and congratulations on taking the decision to restart again.

You can do it :)

sandralosingweight 07-31-2012 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stolaf (Post 4418483)
Hi there. I am a re-starter, too.

I lost 48 pounds from July 15 2011 until the beginning of December. I felt awesome - loads of energy and compliments. I just got lazy and instead of following Ph 4 properly, I went back to old eating habits. So, here I am with some weight back on and I just don't want it again.

It was easier re-starting this time around. I knew to expect headaches the first few days so had my salt and water ready. I am almost through my first full week and love how I am feeling again.

I am doing all alternative products this time around. My husband is doing it with me and we just can't afford to have two people on IP. I am using the sticky threads and advice from others who use alternative products.

Hello Stolaf,

I do remember you also from when I first started IP :)

I am happy seeing ''familiar faces'', hehehe, not really familiar faces, as I really don't know how you look like, but you know what I mean :)

Welcome back :)