Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 05:51 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
LIZ- AWESOME JOB!!!
VET- YOU ARE DOING SO GREAT!!!

Lots of good post out there today. I am starting to feel like myself again. I am past the dizzy spells. I am going back to Phase 1 tomorrow and I am a little nervous about that. These last 2 weeks on Phase 3 have been wonderful and I am gonna have a hard time I think. I am so close to my body fat % goal, so I am hoping only a few more weeks on phase 1. We shall see. I think I need to do it now or I will never want to go back............
So glad you're feeling better!
Old 07-26-2012, 06:36 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
Good Afternoon All..

Dieter's forecast today: Sunny with a chance of "Baking cookies" :P

Well...i survived the past 4 days which have seemed to be very difficult..For some reason i felt like i was back in week 1..I was having such bad cravings for everything..but thankfully I found the strength and the willpower not to cheat! Its alll good my peeps!!

Anywho... hope everyone has a wonderful day OP today!!!
This might sound crazy - how could I have not seen it? But then, possibly premature to say for sure...I've also been unusually hungry the last month...then yesterday I changed my cinnamon-splenda topping on my morning crepe (crepe has only 6 carbs, 90 cal, so unrestricted) and my new protein powders arrived. I didn't add any extra WF syrup, wanted to try them as is first. So, in short, had less splenda. Today, basically repeated that. Both days, no cravings.

Think I had been hitting a tipping point in my sucralose/splenda usage and that may have been causing the cravings/hunger. Not positive, but seems possible. Will be more scientific over the next few days.

Do you think you are using a touch more non-stevia sweeteners and that could be causing the hunger/cravings?
Old 07-26-2012, 06:37 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 233/204/150

Height: 5'1"

Hey all
Today I tried to donate blood and was told that my iron was too low. No wonder I have been feeling so tired for the last 2 months. I stopped taking my daily IP supplements 3 months ago when I ran out of the multivitamins. Now I am faithfully starting back on them as soon as I get home because I know the caloric intake on this diet is so low that I've got to be lacking in some essential nutrients. So take a lesson from me and don't slack on the vitamins. On another note I lost 1 lb this week. My cycle is due to start anyday now. Have a great rest of the week everyone!
Old 07-26-2012, 07:10 PM   #79  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
Good Afternoon All..

Dieter's forecast today: Sunny with a chance of "Baking cookies" :P

Well...i survived the past 4 days which have seemed to be very difficult..For some reason i felt like i was back in week 1..I was having such bad cravings for everything..but thankfully I found the strength and the willpower not to cheat! Its alll good my peeps!!

Anywho... hope everyone has a wonderful day OP today!!!

Yeah, Baking Cookies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
LIZ- AWESOME JOB!!!
VET- YOU ARE DOING SO GREAT!!!

Lots of good post out there today. I am starting to feel like myself again. I am past the dizzy spells. I am going back to Phase 1 tomorrow and I am a little nervous about that. These last 2 weeks on Phase 3 have been wonderful and I am gonna have a hard time I think. I am so close to my body fat % goal, so I am hoping only a few more weeks on phase 1. We shall see. I think I need to do it now or I will never want to go back............
Thank you.

Please make sure you are taking it easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
I buy from 2 sources primarily: from GNC: Men's "Ripped Vitapak" . OK for a woman too and when I take them I have energy due to a thermo-igniter they have in it. They are really a high quality vitamin pak and cost around $50/month but worth it as I'm certainly saving a lot by using alternatives. I always take them before 2pm - usually around 9am. I also buy from GNC a protein powder by Optimum Nutrition called "Gold Standard 100% Whey (protein isolates) in Double Rich Chocolate. Stats: 120 cal, 1 g fat, 3 g carbs, 24 g protein. I add 1 T WF choc syrup, use 75% ice, 25% water and whirl in the Ninja, this is seriously good and thick. They have sales often, so when on sale, I buy a couple large tubs and my husband also uses it for his post workout shake (he adds frozen mixed berries).

I use Vitacost for other vitamins, good prices. Plus they also sell WF products, Syntrax Nectar Whey Protein isolate powder, Jay Robb protein powder and my latest find, Just Like Sugar Brown which is a brown sugar substitute that is mostly fiber. I used that last night on my zucchini with butter spray and cinnamon - tasty.
I think I will be checking out GNC next time I am at the mall. Do you see Muscle Milk there? I see it on their web site.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:27 PM   #80  
Started IP 09/05/12

S/C/G: 203/160/160

Height: 5'7"

Good evening all!

I finally found a way to really enjoy my veggies I just wish I'd thought of it before I got to phase 2! I boiled 1 Arctic Gardens bag of "Royal Mix" (Broccoli+Cauliflower, who knew we were eating royal food on IP), 1 leek and about half a bag of spinach in 750 ml (3 cups) of chicken stock. I cooked it until really soft, then puree and season with garlic powder, black pepper and onion salt. It makes a thick, creamy green soup and gives about 5 portions! I love that it's quick, delicious, makes a ton for those workdays and costs about 6$ overall to make. It's the first time on IP that I wanted MORE vegetables than permitted

Hope everyone has a great OP day, mine will definitely be much easier from now on
Old 07-26-2012, 07:37 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 258.4/163.6/168.4

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewingMomma View Post
Rainbow--I love the idea of a bucket list! You are so creative!

Not much new for me today. Sticking to IP 100% and praying that these last eight pounds melt away quickly. Now that I'm getting close to goal, I'm starting to get impatient. I'm ready to start exercising in earnest so that I can tone up this new body of mine.
YOU are so inspiring!!!
Old 07-26-2012, 07:42 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 258/158/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewingMomma View Post
Rainbow--I love the idea of a bucket list! You are so creative!

Not much new for me today. Sticking to IP 100% and praying that these last eight pounds melt away quickly. Now that I'm getting close to goal, I'm starting to get impatient. I'm ready to start exercising in earnest so that I can tone up this new body of mine.
Wow way to go! I am so happy for you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
I just got my before pictures from my coach (I am making preparations for my post in the "Goal" forum) and wanted to give y'all a sneek peak at my before pictures my coach took at initial WI....compare it to skinny jeans in my avatar and you can see how IP WORKS!!!! And yes, I'm wearing the brown pair of Crocs in that picture! Also attached a 'progress pic' from June 4th (wearing my black Crocs in that one!), my more recent pics are on my phone. I plan on making up a photobucket of more pics. There are VERY few before pics, but I plan on having a bunch of after pics!
you look great!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
This might sound crazy - how could I have not seen it? But then, possibly premature to say for sure...I've also been unusually hungry the last month...then yesterday I changed my cinnamon-splenda topping on my morning crepe (crepe has only 6 carbs, 90 cal, so unrestricted) and my new protein powders arrived. I didn't add any extra WF syrup, wanted to try them as is first. So, in short, had less splenda. Today, basically repeated that. Both days, no cravings.

Think I had been hitting a tipping point in my sucralose/splenda usage and that may have been causing the cravings/hunger. Not positive, but seems possible. Will be more scientific over the next few days.

Do you think you are using a touch more non-stevia sweeteners and that could be causing the hunger/cravings?
i found it to be true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikie View Post
Good evening all!

I finally found a way to really enjoy my veggies I just wish I'd thought of it before I got to phase 2! I boiled 1 Arctic Gardens bag of "Royal Mix" (Broccoli+Cauliflower, who knew we were eating royal food on IP), 1 leek and about half a bag of spinach in 750 ml (3 cups) of chicken stock. I cooked it until really soft, then puree and season with garlic powder, black pepper and onion salt. It makes a thick, creamy green soup and gives about 5 portions! I love that it's quick, delicious, makes a ton for those workdays and costs about 6$ overall to make. It's the first time on IP that I wanted MORE vegetables than permitted

Hope everyone has a great OP day, mine will definitely be much easier from now on
Yummy sounds good!
Old 07-26-2012, 07:57 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 195/141.6/145

Height: 5' 9"

Thank you to all who responded to my post yesterday about high stress levels and an extra packet! Thank you for the kind words and ecouragement!!

I was able to connect with my coach thankfully and she was able to explain why we need an extra packet when experiencing high stress levels. When our body releases adrenaline it also releases cortesol which can cause your body to switch from fat burning mode into fat storage mode. I went ahead and had an extra packet, I am pretty darn sure I was there

Thanks again!!
Old 07-26-2012, 08:03 PM   #84  
Started IP 2/23/2012

S/C/G: 192.2/142.4/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefany1769 View Post
Thank you to all who responded to my post yesterday about high stress levels and an extra packet! Thank you for the kind words and ecouragement!!

I was able to connect with my coach thankfully and she was able to explain why we need an extra packet when experiencing high stress levels. When our body releases adrenaline it also releases cortesol which can cause your body to switch from fat burning mode into fat storage mode. I went ahead and had an extra packet, I am pretty darn sure I was there

Thanks again!!
Hope the interview went well for you
Old 07-26-2012, 08:07 PM   #85  
Started IP 2/23/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post

Yeah, Baking Cookies.

Thank you.

Please make sure you are taking it easy.
I am taking it way to easy. No baking cookies for me!!!
Old 07-26-2012, 08:14 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 190/159/130

Height: 5"1

Mooselover - you look fabulous! How has your weather been? I think cool and rainy? Since my girlies dad passed away - it has brought lots of memories of Alaska back - and I miss it!
Old 07-26-2012, 08:40 PM   #87  
Started IP 2/23/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by auroragrl View Post
Mooselover - you look fabulous! How has your weather been? I think cool and rainy? Since my girlies dad passed away - it has brought lots of memories of Alaska back - and I miss it!
Thank you!!! Our weather has been horrible this summer. Only a few nice days. It has been cold, rainy and 50ish for 2 weeks. It is VERY nice today 80ish, but it isn't supposed to last My daughter has her senior pictures scheduled for Monday, but he told me we would re-schedule if it looked like rain. I think we will have to re-schedule. Forecast is calling for 60% chance of rain. Yard is full of mushrooms it is so wet. Garden needs some sun!!!
Old 07-26-2012, 08:49 PM   #88  
Started IP 12 Apr 12

S/C/G: 270/179/170

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post

Yeah, Baking Cookies.

Been so long since I baked cookies, I think my "cookie dough" is drying out
Old 07-26-2012, 08:59 PM   #89  

Oh my Shathom!! That's made me laugh out loud!!! Dried out cookie dough only needs to be worked a bit longer!! thanks for the laugh you wonderful woman you!
Old 07-26-2012, 09:36 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen71 View Post
Good Morning IPers!

Doing well with IP. Down 40lbs in almost 3 months and love this program. HOWEVER, it is financially tough right now that we don't have the extra money for me to do this. DH is so supportive and wants me to keep doing it but I hate having to use my credit card every week for it because we don't have the money in the bank.

I work from home and have been looking for a second job to do from home so i can continue on with IP. No luck so far.

For those of you doing this on your own are you using alternatives or doing the maintenance?

My coach is a very close childhood friend and I know he would understand. but the money and the 45 min drive to get there every week is really tough.

Any advice or direction? For IP or work from home job would be greatly appreciated!

Congrats to all the losers out there. Keep up the great work! You are all beautiful inside and out.
Once you understand the protocol the alternatives work just fine. Also you get more variety with alternatives. There are likely just as many people on this forum doing alternatives as there are going to clinics.

If you are putting everything on a credit card you will really regret doing that later, it is so hard to catch up financially as you are paying interest on top of the already expensive IP costs.

Pat
Closed Thread