Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 09:55 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 242/242/150

Height: 5'9"

Goodmorning. Had my 4th WI last night and have lost a total of 19.2 lbs. I am so impressed with the IP diet. Having so much success, not being committed to 100% OP is not an option. Looking forward to getting my weight tracker. Check User CP everyday.
Old 07-24-2012, 09:59 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 231/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueskywyoming View Post
Goodmorning. Had my 4th WI last night and have lost a total of 19.2 lbs. I am so impressed with the IP diet. Having so much success, not being committed to 100% OP is not an option. Looking forward to getting my weight tracker. Check User CP everyday.
Congrats on the success!! where in Wyoming?? I am in the cody area.
Old 07-24-2012, 10:02 AM   #33  
Began IP 6/27/12

S/C/G: 219/189/175

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
That is awesome! My 4th WI is tomorrow...I don't think I will have lost as much as you, but its so much more than I have ever lost on any other diet. Keep it up!
Old 07-24-2012, 10:24 AM   #34  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGee View Post
I noticed on one of the other Ideal Protein Threads that some people are not on phase 1 but phase 2. How many people here are still in phase 1 here? I have been on phase 1 for 10 weeks. I was told until I get to my goal weight. Does this seem too long? Thanks!
I have been on phase one for 63 weeks now. You are in Phase 1 until you reach your goal 100%
Old 07-24-2012, 10:27 AM   #35  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGee View Post
I noticed on one of the other Ideal Protein Threads that some people are not on phase 1 but phase 2. How many people here are still in phase 1 here? I have been on phase 1 for 10 weeks. I was told until I get to my goal weight. Does this seem too long? Thanks!
GGee, 10 weeks seems like a drop in the bucket to me. I've been on Phase 1 for just over 6 months now and now I have probably another 4 or 5 months before I phase off. Some people go to phase 2 and 3 for vacations and then come back on. The Daily Chat thread will have all different levels of people, but most are on phase 1.

Margaret - so glad things continue working your way, weight loss, family. Both are so important in our lives.

guttergirl9 - Estrogen is stored in fat. You're burning fat and the estrogen is being released. As you know, that is a primary hormone for TOM. Lots more means an intensified TOM, unfortunately. They may also become sporadic, closer together, longer. All those things you don't want to hear. Just keep in mind it means you're losing.

missymoo19 -

shathom - good luck on the WI

IPdivajen - you're doing so fabulous. I am jealous. Wish I was younger to loose more each week. Keep it up. I'm rooting for your 100# mark.

Kaypix - you and and your cousins are in my thoughts and prayers.

rainbowsmiles
- glad to see your smiling face on even though you're traveling. Hope all goes well. Good news on the kale chips. Always wondered, but can't keep from eating them immediately. Be safe and return to us and your recipe thread soon.

Dakin - good to see you again and hear of your success while in maintenance and to also hear how well the program supports you even after a splurge. Keep in touch with us.

Blueskywyoming - not being committed to 100% OP is not an option. That's a motto we all need to have. Way to go.

I'm at home the rest of the week. My podiatrist has me in an inflatable boot until he sees me Friday to reassess the pain in my foot (already have major problems with my feet). This will be boring. I can't get around much. DH is working nights, so he is in bed asleep during the day (no company there). I've got to come up with something to keep me busy while sitting all day. UGH. The boot is not real comfortable on top of all of that.

Okay, done venting. I'll read the forum. That's always a pick me up. Thanks all for being there.

Molly
Old 07-24-2012, 10:28 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 155/155/125

Height: 5'3.5"

Good morning and I am happy to hear about continued success!

I could have eaten us out of house and home yesterday...thank goodness we just had a problem with cupboard moths and I threw out EVERY grain in the house. So I spent the rest of the evening locked in the bedroom catching up on Season 5 of True Blood.

Have a great day!
Old 07-24-2012, 10:30 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 202/150/147

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by missymoo19 View Post
I'm new to IP, but I've been reading all of the IP related posts for weeks. I find all of you so inspirational and knowledgeable. Anyway, I had my first WI yesterday and the results were better than I could have expected! I just want to say thanks to everyone and have a great day!
Missy, happy to have you join in. This site is the BEST, most encouraging group of folks ever! Glad you had a great WI. Happy, Happy!
Old 07-24-2012, 11:05 AM   #38  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
I'm at home the rest of the week. My podiatrist has me in an inflatable boot until he sees me Friday to reassess the pain in my foot (already have major problems with my feet). This will be boring. I can't get around much. DH is working nights, so he is in bed asleep during the day (no company there). I've got to come up with something to keep me busy while sitting all day. UGH. The boot is not real comfortable on top of all of that.
Molly
Hi Molly,
I'm so sorry about your foot. Wish I was closer I'd come get you knitting - unless you already do. I have a huge yarn stash. I need to share the love of knitting and get myself back into it again as well. Unfortunately on line video games - entered my life about 5 years ago and I dropped knitting for that (a monthly subscription is cheaper than buying yarn it turns out) I need to get back to my stash!

Get feeling better soon! I should knit you socks but I'm a slow knitter you wouldn't want to wait that long :-)

Barb
Old 07-24-2012, 11:06 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 188/see tracker/120

Good Morning! Does anyone own/use a magic bullet blender for making their drinks? I was thinking of getting one, but don't want to spend the $50 if it really isn't worth it.

Thanks
Old 07-24-2012, 11:11 AM   #40  
Start: 7/23/12

S/C/G: 223/216/165

Height: 5'9

Well I survived day one of 100% IP. It was pretty good most of the day except I just got more and more nauseous as the day went on to the point I only had two of the protein shakes instead of three. I felt so horrible by the time I was climbing into bed, I was sick to my stomach, weak, and had a terrible headache. I woke up this morning with a headache but I definitely don't have the nauseous feeling like yesterday, it's still there a little bit but not nearly as bad. I see now how you lose weight on this diet, you just don't want to eat anything!! Just kidding!!

I am certainly ready to be over the hump of withdrawal feelings and for my stomach to calm down.

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by kjwready; 07-24-2012 at 11:12 AM.
Old 07-24-2012, 11:14 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 155/155/125

Height: 5'3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pianonan View Post
Good Morning! Does anyone own/use a magic bullet blender for making their drinks? I was thinking of getting one, but don't want to spend the $50 if it really isn't worth it.

Thanks
I dont have the magic bullet, I have a Ninja and love it. I just have a set of travel containers.
Old 07-24-2012, 11:29 AM   #42  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
Good morning everybody! Rise and shine !

I got on the scale this morning for the first time in weeks and had lost a good 3-5 pds, and I don't know how I did it. I'm in maintenance, have had some splurges but not writing stuff down in a log. Have been trying to increase my walks so I think muscles are building. With all the extra skin, I'm not sure what my 'real' weight is anymore, but my scale weight was 148.6. Go figure!

Then I realized that I had forgotten to login here...

The most amazing thing happened though. My little sister and I have been estranged for several years and I missed her so much. She just emailed me that she wants to be in touch again and I cried my eyes out. This is the best news I've ever gotten, hands-down.
That's fantastic. I hope that you and your sister can work things out. Family is very important.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guttergirl9 View Post
Good morning everyone!!
I did my week 2 weigh-in on Sun. Down 6lbs and 2 1/2 in. So thats 14lbs and 7in in 2 weeks. Very happy.
Congratulations! That's a fantastic loss!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shathom View Post
Good morning all, well my first Tuesday WI today, don't expect a loss since my last WI was last Thursday, we'll see. Check in later. Have a great morning all!
Good Luck! I'm getting a new coach too. I met her yesterday, and she's nice. At least I get to keep my WI day & time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Not sure yet how I'm going to eat there. I need to call them to see what kind of flexibility they have with meals. I'm most concerned about getting my 4 cups of veggies a day. The rest I can take care of with packets. I might just bring a cooler and my own veggies. Tuna fish could be my lean protien but I don't really want 7 days of it. I might pack some lean cold cuts, turkey breast and ham sound good.
I would definitely pack vegetables (celery, cucumbers, bell peppers! Things that will hold up for a few days) And with all of the walking, you probably want to add an extra packet a day to compensate for the added exercise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post
WI #20 for me tonight. I'm hoping that two weeks from today I'll cross the 100lb mark - woot!
You are so close! You'll be there before you know it!

Quote:
Congratulations! You're dropping pounds like crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjwready View Post
Well I survived day one of 100% IP. It was pretty good most of the day except I just got more and more nauseous as the day went on to the point I only had two of the protein shakes instead of three. I felt so horrible by the time I was climbing into bed, I was sick to my stomach, weak, and had a terrible headache. I woke up this morning with a headache but I definitely don't have the nauseous feeling like yesterday, it's still there a little bit but not nearly as bad. I see now how you lose weight on this diet, you just don't want to eat anything!! Just kidding!!

I am certainly ready to be over the hump of withdrawal feelings and for my stomach to calm down.

Have a great day everyone!
Hang in there! These things you're experiencing are normal. It will get better in a day or two.
Old 07-24-2012, 11:34 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 267/261/164

Height: 5'3"

Hi All,

Trying to get the weight tracker to work! Hope everyone is having a great day.
Old 07-24-2012, 11:35 AM   #44  
~Aimee~ On IP 06/26/12

S/C/G: 276/244/176

Morning everyone and Happy Tuesday!!! (Doesnt that sound so much better than Happy Monday, hehe)

Work has been a little busy these past 2 mornings but now that I am all caught up, I will be bored to death and the day will go by so slow.

I am seeing tons of posts about you guys losing weight. CONGRATS to everyone.

Good luck to everyone weighing in today. That includes me, LOL.WI#4, whooohooo. I am also being measured today for the first time since joining.

Have a great OP day everyone!!
Old 07-24-2012, 11:43 AM   #45  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
Hi Molly,
I'm so sorry about your foot. Wish I was closer I'd come get you knitting - unless you already do. I have a huge yarn stash. I need to share the love of knitting and get myself back into it again as well. Unfortunately on line video games - entered my life about 5 years ago and I dropped knitting for that (a monthly subscription is cheaper than buying yarn it turns out) I need to get back to my stash!

Get feeling better soon! I should knit you socks but I'm a slow knitter you wouldn't want to wait that long :-)

Barb
Thanks for the well wishes. I do know how to knit, but gave away all my yarn and needles a couple years ago to someone I worked with that was really into knitting (in competitions, etc.)

Right now, I'm researching more for finding ActiFry recipes since I just purchased one. Have a thread with some IP-friendly recipes and others input about their experiences. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...y-recipes.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by pianonan View Post

Thanks
I agree with clh99002. I have a Ninja (the bottom of the line) and still love it. I would investigate the Ninja as I think I read months ago about people here that weren't all that pleased with the Magic Bullet.
Just my opinion though.

Molly
Closed Thread