Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 12:30 PM   #151  

S/C/G: 236/216/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Good morning, overcast day here AGAIN!...grrrrrr..I want the sunshine back! Makes for a LONG day when its gloomy out. BF is in Columbus GA right now so he should be home later tonight...FINALLY! They wanted him to go to Larado TX before coming home and he asked them if they were crazy....lol....he said I have been gone for 4 weeks that is long enough!....haha
Great video this week, I spend the entire nap time for my toddlers yesterday watching your videos...amazing, you are truly an inspiration on so many levels.
Old 07-20-2012, 12:41 PM   #152  
Started IP 12 Apr 12

S/C/G: 270/179/170

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewingMomma View Post
I hope you have a wonderful Friday and manage not to lose your pants I always look for the cheapest jeans, shorts, etc., that I can find. I like to go to TJ Maxx and comb through every clearance rack.

Have a fantastic Friday (despite the rain).
Having loose pants is a blessing but it is getting annoying having to constantly pull them up I love to shop, they should make that a new category in the olympics (getting ready)

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbecause53 View Post
A rainy day in CT too. I love your loose jeans NSV! Nothing like sliding into a favorite pair of jeans instead of struggling to get them over your hips and then having to lie down to zip them up,lol! Have a wonderful day!
Ooh i've never worn them that tight that I had to lie down to zip them up, whew, I can just see the bakery top (muffins are too small) that would have created
Old 07-20-2012, 08:36 PM   #153  
Started IPD Dec 1, 2011

S/C/G: 188/182/140

Height: 5' 1 1/2"

Have an issue I never thought I would have...my friends (true friends) are individually telling me to phase off. They feel that my body shape looks great and that my face is too thin and drawn. They also believe they need to "intervene." Really? Ugh... While I do feel that what they say is true, I had wanted to drop an additional 10lbs so I would have a cushion before starting phase 2. I understand that it is conceivable that I may continue to lose in phase 2. Feeling pressure and think I will start phase 2. August 1 will be 9 months on phase 1. Anyone else experiencing pressure from friends who you are confident have your back and are not coming from a place of envy?
Old 07-20-2012, 08:46 PM   #154  
Began IP 6/27/12

S/C/G: 219/189/175

Height: 5'10"

My week 15 WI results...38.4 lbs lost and 32.2 lbs to go. Today's WI was a 1.8 lb and 1" loss. Slightly lost muscle mass and dropped body fat by about a half a percentage. All in all I am very pleased with this week's result. I discussed the Quest gluten free bars (I posted the link in the thread a week or so ago) with my coach today and she said it was fine to have them but if I slowed at losing I may have to eliminate them. I wish that IP would introduce some gluten free bars to give us more options. There are literally two restricteds that I can chose from.[/QUOTE]

Hi...which two bars can you have? My friend has celiacs disease (sp??) and has been asking me questions about this program...
Old 07-20-2012, 11:02 PM   #155  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by shathom View Post
Having loose pants is a blessing but it is getting annoying having to constantly pull them up I love to shop, they should make that a new category in the olympics (getting ready)

Ooh i've never worn them that tight that I had to lie down to zip them up, whew, I can just see the bakery top (muffins are too small) that would have created
Lol shathom! Bakery tops are something i am definitely familiar with! I dumped all the size 16s & 14s, then got every other jean size to save some money after my goal 12s went baggy butt on me.
Old 07-20-2012, 11:06 PM   #156  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewingMomma View Post
I hope you have a wonderful Friday and manage not to lose your pants I always look for the cheapest jeans, shorts, etc., that I can find. I like to go to TJ Maxx and comb through every clearance rack.

Have a fantastic Friday (despite the rain).
I am a clearance rack junkie! I have some stuff to return i never got a chance to wear, always keep those receipts!
Old 07-20-2012, 11:22 PM   #157  

S/C/G: 258/158/140

Height: 5'5"

Hello to everyone, I am back from the river trip and boy was it fun! Managed to stay 100% despite desperately wanting a glass of wine after swimming through a huge rapid!
Sounds like there have been some good losses and even better attitudes!
Old 07-20-2012, 11:42 PM   #158  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmg1989 View Post
Have an issue I never thought I would have...my friends (true friends) are individually telling me to phase off. They feel that my body shape looks great and that my face is too thin and drawn. They also believe they need to "intervene." Really? Ugh... While I do feel that what they say is true, I had wanted to drop an additional 10lbs so I would have a cushion before starting phase 2. I understand that it is conceivable that I may continue to lose in phase 2. Feeling pressure and think I will start phase 2. August 1 will be 9 months on phase 1. Anyone else experiencing pressure from friends who you are confident have your back and are not coming from a place of envy?
You could conceivably loose in phase 3 too! Lost 5 there, you don't need a 10 lb cushion. Phase off at goal and you SHOULD lose enough phasing off that your goal is the highest you see in a week (phase 4), like after fun day, I have seen 158 during some of my weeks. I don't want to lose on Phase 4 so I monitor up and down. I've believe in the program so much I'm scared I'm loosing muscle if I lose on phase 4.

Do what you feel is right, and if they usually have your back....well...most of my comments are envy as there is no way at my weight I look sick. I wish some of them were more gentle and kind.

Good luck!

Last edited by Ishbel; 07-20-2012 at 11:43 PM.
Old 07-21-2012, 12:06 AM   #159  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmg1989 View Post

That is interesting, I am also the roughly the same height and weight and people keep telling me I am falling away to nothing. This is far from the truth because at our height and weight we are still at the high end of the average range.
I am in my 60s so I can see how the drawn look is an issue. The concern is actually from family members and coworkers who care about me but are not used to seeing me at an average weight.

Finally I sent an email to my co-workers with a picture attached of me at my highest weight and now. I told them that I appreciated their concern but I am always going to have to be very careful about what I eat. I explained that I am now actually a "closet" obese person because my body will not react to food in the same way that a person who is naturally of the same height and weight. I got emails back from all of them saying they were shocked at the before pictures because they do not remember me being that heavy. The before picture was just a few years ago.

Just the afternoon two retired friends were visiting me and they also expressed concern that I was losing too much weight. I again explained that I was at the high end of the average and I think the issue is that everything I lose now is going from my top half and not leaving my middle. They agreed that it was likely because we are often viewing people as we chat in a seated position and we are reacting to the upper part of a person's body and as we age everything moves south.

But I do think for younger people part of the stabilizing process as we phase out is that the body "fluffs out" during the phase 3 and 4 and the drawn look disappears.

None of these people were jealous but concerned. I think in time people get used to seeing us at our new weight and are not surprised each time they see us.

Pat

Last edited by patns; 07-21-2012 at 12:10 AM.
Old 07-21-2012, 12:34 AM   #160  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Tmg and Patns, I hope to have that happen to me in a few months! I'm also 5'1" and have 135 as my current goal weight, although I might lose another 5 pounds when I get there. Stand fast and do what you need to do.

Hope everyone had a good day.

I had a wonderful lunch at a sushi restaurant with my daughter. We used to do this regularly, but I've really been afraid to do it on IP. I decided that I have to learn how to do this, so I had a regular salad (no dressing) and the most wonderful sashimi! The waitress even knew that each little order (two small pieces) was .7 of an ounce. This was lunch and I had 6 orders (about 4.2 oz) and had the rest of my protein at dinnertime.

Yum!

Nitey-nite!
Old 07-21-2012, 07:32 AM   #161  

Quote:
Originally Posted by joysh View Post
Tmg and Patns, I hope to have that happen to me in a few months! I'm also 5'1" and have 135 as my current goal weight, although I might lose another 5 pounds when I get there. Stand fast and do what you need to do.

Hope everyone had a good day.

I had a wonderful lunch at a sushi restaurant with my daughter. We used to do this regularly, but I've really been afraid to do it on IP. I decided that I have to learn how to do this, so I had a regular salad (no dressing) and the most wonderful sashimi! The waitress even knew that each little order (two small pieces) was .7 of an ounce. This was lunch and I had 6 orders (about 4.2 oz) and had the rest of my protein at dinnertime.

Yum!

Nitey-nite!
Yum--- sushi! I too have been scared of sushi, but now that I'm starting phase 2 (any day now-keep putting it off) I think I will give it a try. Can you have soy sauce? Wasabi? My favorite sushi place makes a couple of rolls without rice. You have inspired me to go have sushi with my daughter for lunch.
Old 07-21-2012, 08:10 AM   #162  

S/C/G: 178/174/147

Height: 5 ft 5 in

I need suggestions. I am attending a birthday celebration at a japanese hibachi restaurant where they cook the food at your table. I remember from being there they use so much butter. Any suggestions on what I can eat.
Old 07-21-2012, 09:31 AM   #163  
Started IPD Dec 1, 2011

S/C/G: 188/182/140

Height: 5' 1 1/2"

Default Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
That is interesting, I am also the roughly the same height and weight and people keep telling me I am falling away to nothing. This is far from the truth because at our height and weight we are still at the high end of the average range.
I am in my 60s so I can see how the drawn look is an issue. The concern is actually from family members and coworkers who care about me but are not used to seeing me at an average weight.

Finally I sent an email to my co-workers with a picture attached of me at my highest weight and now. I told them that I appreciated their concern but I am always going to have to be very careful about what I eat. I explained that I am now actually a "closet" obese person because my body will not react to food in the same way that a person who is naturally of the same height and weight. I got emails back from all of them saying they were shocked at the before pictures because they do not remember me being that heavy. The before picture was just a few years ago.

Just the afternoon two retired friends were visiting me and they also expressed concern that I was losing too much weight. I again explained that I was at the high end of the average and I think the issue is that everything I lose now is going from my top half and not leaving my middle. They agreed that it was likely because we are often viewing people as we chat in a seated position and we are reacting to the upper part of a person's body and as we age everything moves south.

But I do think for younger people part of the stabilizing process as we phase out is that the body "fluffs out" during the phase 3 and 4 and the drawn look disappears.

None of these people were jealous but concerned. I think in time people get used to seeing us at our new weight and are not surprised each time they see us.

Pat
Pat: I am 50 and everything you said I agree and I appreciate the feedback. I too sent the pic from before to friends and family and they also cannot believe that I looked so big! Thanks, I feel much better. Being 133 at our height really is NOT too thin! As I said this is never an issue I thought I would hear....
Old 07-21-2012, 09:35 AM   #164  

S/C/G: 205.6/145.2/140

Height: 5'5"

Hi...which two bars can you have? My friend has celiacs disease (sp??) and has been asking me questions about this program...

From the IP selection you can have the oatmeal and one other restricted...I don't recall which one. I gave up on restricteds when I saw how limited the selection was. There are no IP bars that are gluten free. The protein bars I found that are very comparable to an IP nonrestricted in nutrition are http://questproteinbar.com/ They are chewy and wonderful. They are something that I will have in my life going forward and they are cheaper than IP...12 bars with shipping is $30. IP wise I do a lot of the drinks and puddings...just has worked out that was the best for me option wise but I think there are plenty of other options soup wise that are gluten free.
Old 07-21-2012, 09:52 AM   #165  

S/C/G: 290/269/185

Height: 5'7

Hmmm... I feel I may need to switch clinics. I see a local MD now and am happy with my results but I never get checked for lean muscle gain/ loss etc...Just wt and measure every other week. I am starting to feel it would be better for me to keep track of my lean muscle mass. I am post menopause and know muscle loss has been an issue for me. Any thoughts?
Closed Thread