Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 03:33 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 337/164/160

Height: 5' 6.5" ('cuz the .5 counts!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
Hi everyone! Miss catching up with y'all but I'm off on my trip with my friend who has been doing IP with me.
Dana - we miss you and will be here when you return!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shathom View Post
Good morning all, I did my speach last night at the clinic and I was so nervous! Afterwards there were 16 people that went to the counter to either sign up or ask additional questions . I am so proud of what I've accomplished so far being 100% IP, can't wait to see what is coming in the future!
shathom - Great job! You should be very proud. I might borrow a little courage and agree to speak at my clinic.....maybe....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyjean View Post
Haha, LOL, too funny. I can't compete with my dh, as he is training for a sprint triathlon. But you gave me a laugh- several. Thinking of my husband holding a few cats was priceless! You made my day!
dizzyjean - DH laughed too when he saw what I wrote. He is now reporting weight with cats.....if he is up 30+ pounds overnight, I know he caught all 3 that morning....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
...BUT when I tried other stuff it didn't wick as well so instead of paying 20 bucks for a workout top, I'll pay 40-45 and feel better about myself and not be as sweaty!
Ishbel - I like the rationalization! Sweaty is bad - got it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shathom View Post
.... the last time I was a size 2 was in the womb
Ice tea out the nose - thank you!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana B View Post
Hey everyone - I had my WI today, I am no officially in...............................ONEDERLAND, 198.2!! :woo hoo: I LOVE IP!!
Diana - Congrats!!! Keep on trucking!!!!
Old 07-18-2012, 03:42 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 236/216/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
I am grumpy. DH NEVER gives compliments, but 39 lbs and still NOTHING! Not a single solitary person has commented, I know I know...lots of people don't know they should say anything, or they feel they shouldn't say anything, or quite frankly, they're jealous and don't want to say anything!!

But DH!!!! Come on!!! What's the deal? I am having a shitty day, for no good reason, prob. hormones, but a hug and a kiss once in a while, with a compliment would sure make the crappy day seem alot better. I have been working hard - a little positive feedback would help.

Feather rumpling complete. *sigh*
mompattie: I am so sorry your DH isn't saying anything. Guys can be dense, and he might be afraid of saying the wrong thing. You might try on some new cute clothes (or lingerie LOL) for him and point out your figure...that will get his attention! You are doing so great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
<~~~~~ mompatties Husband

HOT DANG WOMAN .....i know i don't say it often enough and i'm a man, and well, men just don't notice some things, but WOW HONEY....YOU ARE LOOKING MIGHTY HOT!!! I know you have been working hard and WOW, ITS PAYING OFF CAUSE BABY YOU MAKE ME WEAK IN THE KNEES!!! now come here and lets bake some cookies baby!!!

i love you baby!!
rainbow: that was a very funny and encouraging post! I wanted to also let you know that I've been trying several of your recipes and they're awesome! You should write an IP cookbook, with pictures, of course! I'd buy one!

Tomorrow will be better. I'm going to prepare something earlier so we can eat with the babies. I stayed OP 100%, but usually I'm at home taking care of me! I'll get the hang of this by tomorrow , I know. I plan to stay on this 100% during this entire week when I'm here.[/QUOTE]

Joysh: I have two small children, and they are watching me everyday...I actually overheard my 4 yr old son ask DH if cherries were "healthy," which at first made me worry that I talk about my diet too much, but DH pointed out that it's not a bad thing for our kids to think about whats healthy and whats not healthy....it is quite a chore trying to keep up with everything when also chasing babies, but I am worth and and they are worth it, too! Your grandbabies are going to appreciate their healthy gram!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie63 View Post
People just don't get it do they.

My boss and I are going to lunch, for a meeting I guess, who knows.

Yesterday he said something about how my food is bland. Today he asked if I was just going to just eat cucumbers or I was going to "treat myself". Of course, this is the same guy who shoved a cookie in my face.

To me, loosing the weight is my treat to myself. That's how I'm looking at it.
lynnie: DH informed me that I am a food pusher. I make good food and try to get everyone to eat bunches of it. It is hereditary, but I am working on it! Sorry your boss is so negative, you'll show him with your progress!

WI was today, down another 1.4lbs, which wasn't great, but TOM is on its way so I'm not too surprised, overall very happy with my results. I hope everyone has a great 100% day!
Old 07-18-2012, 03:52 PM   #93  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptod View Post
- DH laughed too when he saw what I wrote. He is now reporting weight with cats.....if he is up 30+ pounds overnight, I know he caught all 3 that morning....
that is just tooo sweet and funny at the same time!! very thoughtful of him....to not get into your success even though he is making his own

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2hi View Post
rainbow: that was a very funny and encouraging post! I wanted to also let you know that I've been trying several of your recipes and they're awesome! You should write an IP cookbook, with pictures, of course! I'd buy one!
well thank you so much!!!!! i'm a bonafide fruit cake most of the time!! hahaha
hummmmm i would love to do a cookbook one day....BUT....gotta make MORE recipes first!! hahaha
Old 07-18-2012, 03:56 PM   #94  
Started IP 4/13/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie63 View Post
People just don't get it do they.

My boss and I are going to lunch, for a meeting I guess, who knows.

Yesterday he said something about how my food is bland. Today he asked if I was just going to just eat cucumbers or I was going to "treat myself". Of course, this is the same guy who shoved a cookie in my face.

To me, loosing the weight is my treat to myself. That's how I'm looking at it.
Absolutely, Lynnie. We are treating ourselves by losing weight and becoming healthier. We are not tempted by short-sighted distractions. Keep your eye on the prize.
Old 07-18-2012, 04:01 PM   #95  

Had my WI this morning - was down another 3.2 pounds. Yippee!! Go me!

A few weeks ago the girls in the office were commenting on how amazing the change was in me. I remember saying that sometimes it was hard to see the difference. Well this morning, one of the girls comes running around the counter with my chart and whips it open. The girls had tracked down the photos from my first day. I was stunned - that person was me. I remember being her, but then again I don't.

I asked to borrow the pictures so I could scan them. I have already asked DH to take more pictures of me. I want similar poses. Since many in my family have watched my transformation in real time, it will be quite a different reaction when my DH's family sees me minus 130+ pounds next month. I am still trying to figure out if there is anything I can do to prepare myself for their reaction......
Old 07-18-2012, 04:06 PM   #96  
Started IP 4/13/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennlnige View Post
Well went to my first WI.....down 5.4lbs!!!!! At first I was like "that's it", but they did the mass fat loss, it was 4.2lbs of pure fat and 1lb of water. I like those numbers!!! Looking forward to another great week!!

-Jennifer
Those are great numbers for week 1, Jennifer. Congrats! You're on your way!
Old 07-18-2012, 04:12 PM   #97  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Quote:

A few weeks ago the girls in the office were commenting on how amazing the change was in me. I remember saying that sometimes it was hard to see the difference. Well this morning, one of the girls comes running around the counter with my chart and whips it open. The girls had tracked down the photos from my first day. I was stunned - that person was me. I remember being her, but then again I don't.

I asked to borrow the pictures so I could scan them. I have already asked DH to take more pictures of me. I want similar poses. Since many in my family have watched my transformation in real time, it will be quite a different reaction when my DH's family sees me minus 130+ pounds next month. I am still trying to figure out if there is anything I can do to prepare myself for their reaction......
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! NOW THIS....is why i love this thread!! I am totally in awe of your accomplishment and every time i see that ticker of yours i say hang on one more day, one more week, one more month...just keep doing it....like you did!!!

YOU SHOULD BE SO EXTREMELY PROUD OF YOURSELF!!!!!!!!!! but i am sure you are!!! can't wait for you to share those photos!!!

YOU ARE SUCH AN INSPIRATIONAL LADY!!!
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Last edited by rainbowsmiles; 07-18-2012 at 04:13 PM.
Old 07-18-2012, 04:31 PM   #98  
Began IP 06/28/12

S/C/G: 332.5/308.5/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:

ptod - You are doing great! It gives me hope to see all of you successful people! If you don't mind my asking how long have you been on the program?
Old 07-18-2012, 05:01 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 240/230/160

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
I am grumpy. DH NEVER gives compliments, but 39 lbs and still NOTHING! Not a single solitary person has commented, I know I know...lots of people don't know they should say anything, or they feel they shouldn't say anything, or quite frankly, they're jealous and don't want to say anything!!

But DH!!!! Come on!!! What's the deal? I am having a shitty day, for no good reason, prob. hormones, but a hug and a kiss once in a while, with a compliment would sure make the crappy day seem alot better. I have been working hard - a little positive feedback would help.

Feather rumpling complete. *sigh*
Well we'll compliment you on what a great job you're doing... I ran into a friend who had been on the Ducan diet. She is down right skinny. She said several women in her family, friend circle had big praises for her. But she mentioned, nothing from the men. We chalked it up to men maybe being conditioned to not comment on women and their weight.
Old 07-18-2012, 09:08 PM   #100  
Began IP 6/27/12

S/C/G: 219/189/175

Height: 5'10"

Hi All....This is my first time posting on this thread, but have been lurking for a while. I have a question and this was my first place to come...I am wondering about imitation crabmeat. Is it ok to have for the protein at dinner?
Old 07-18-2012, 09:14 PM   #101  

NEWPATH!!!! Where for art thou???
Old 07-18-2012, 09:54 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Mompattie hey chicks, no one said a word until 56 lbs for me...it will happen trust me...and then eventually ppl won't recognize you and you can have fun with it...like timing them to see how long it takes.... VIP very rarely says anything and I got "congrats" on my 100 lb goal...that's it...kinda gave him an earful and he said "I don't say that very often...". Then I got a 100 birthday card...with the birthday scratched out hahaha!

Ptod git ur before and right now girlfriend! And keep updating it, to remind yourself how far you've come....let us know how the whole family thing goes...I used to feel awkward...now I make it a game (see above lol). Last time I went to my old work I had a guy say "wow, you have new glasses", apparently he felt awkward and didn't know what to say...saw him again today and he didn't recognize me again. I've lost another 30 lbs though, so he came back 15 minutes later and just looked at me and I said "I have different glasses on today, it's totally ok Ken!". With a big big smile, we had a good laugh!
Old 07-18-2012, 10:24 PM   #103  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! NOW THIS....is why i love this thread!! I am totally in awe of your accomplishment and every time i see that ticker of yours i say hang on one more day, one more week, one more month...just keep doing it....like you did!!!
Rainbow - this is why I like the thread too. Little or a lot to lose - if others can continue for one more day, so can I. I get a kick out of watching everyone's tickers too. And especially as others reach goal, I am reminded that I will get there too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacia1223 View Post
ptod - You are doing great! It gives me hope to see all of you successful people! If you don't mind my asking how long have you been on the program?
Pacia - Thank you. I think you are doing great too! I started IP in early October of last year. Feel free to ask questions - there are only a few questions I can think of that I might not answer.
Old 07-18-2012, 10:40 PM   #104  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarCamMom View Post
Hi All....This is my first time posting on this thread, but have been lurking for a while. I have a question and this was my first place to come...I am wondering about imitation crabmeat. Is it ok to have for the protein at dinner?
No, its not allowed. It's fish covered in sugar to taste like crab
Old 07-18-2012, 10:57 PM   #105  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
Mompattie hey chicks, no one said a word until 56 lbs for me...it will happen trust me...and then eventually ppl won't recognize you and you can have fun with it...like timing them to see how long it takes.... VIP very rarely says anything and I got "congrats" on my 100 lb goal...that's it...kinda gave him an earful and he said "I don't say that very often...". Then I got a 100 birthday card...with the birthday scratched out hahaha!!
Thanks Ishbel!! I hear ya on the wait and see thing with people noticing. It's DH that drives me bonkers not saying anything!!! Grrrrrr. Wants to make cookies, but puts ZERO effort into conversation or romance!! Geeze!! I think it's time for a girls night out!!

On another note, I went to see my old coach tonight. She was awesome (and still is!), I left the clinic and went to alternative products due to cost. So I still pick up vitamins and the odd box of product here and there. She offered to do mg measurements tonight, so that was great! I am back down to what I was when I left her clinic. After leaving I gained 40 lbs, so that's gone again! Geeze why did I quit?? I digress.... I am seeing this through to the end!!!
Closed Thread