Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2012, 08:25 AM   #76  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEJEWEL View Post
Now my questions, the last few days I have felt terrible, like I am in a cloud and cannot think clearly. I had not been taking the vitamins, as most multi vitamins typically make me feel sick to my stomach. I went to Costco today and got the Ecodrink Complete Multivitamin, I am feeling better this evening, but am curious if anyone else feels really weird or not so sharp when they are on this program. I had heard that I will have clarity...when does that happen? One friend says I am feeling out of sorts because my body is detoxing. Thoughts? Could it be the lack of supplements? I am going to monitor things now that i have the liquid vitamin hopefully that will help. Also other than gum I have been 100% OP and feel as though I am gaining this week and not losing...sigh...that would be horrible...I am drinking the water and am in week 4 with Monday being my week 4 weigh in....any ideas??

Thank you so much. These boards are super helpful.
Blue Jewel
Hi Blue Jewel,
I had the same experience after I stopped my supplements for a few weeks. I have been a supplement taker for years, but had some issues and stopped for a few weeks. I realized things had slowly digressed to what you described. I immediately got back on them and haven't had that problem since. Someone else also mentioned salt and oil. That can have an effect on the electrolytes and body chemistry like the supplements. The way this diet is designed, there is little room for change (leaving something out or adding things that shouldn't be there). Hope you don't have that feeling again. I know it's not fun. Good luck.

Had my weigh-in after three weeks. Lost 6.4 pounds. Still sticking with my 2+ lb a week average. Being post menopausal and 63, I'm thrilled with being able to average 2 lbs. Plus, I'm now feeling like onederland is more than a pin prick of light on the horizon.

Have a great day and stay OP.
Molly
Old 07-15-2012, 09:04 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 198/154/139

Molly- great job on sticking with it! You will see onderland and in the larger scheme of things the time it takes will not matter much. I am a slow loser also. But, the changes are so worth the time!! Good on you, girl!!

Last night I watched "The Men Who Made Us Fat". Super good documentary by the BBC. If you search Youtube, you can find the parts of the two episodes. Really great presentation showing what we are up against in trying to be slim and healthy.

We face several hot days coming up. Wow, a scorching drought summer has been tough for me and the dogs! Farmers market has been pretty good though crops suffering. I am enjoying the fresh veggies! Squash and okra for me today!

Last edited by Samba; 07-15-2012 at 09:23 AM.
Old 07-15-2012, 09:14 AM   #78  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandmaKiss View Post
I see a lot of you throwing a handful of spinach into your shakes and saying you can't taste it but the fiber is more filling. It took me 6 weeks, but I finally decided to try it.

I use a magic bullet for my shakes and it works great. But when adding the spinach I couldn't get the spinach to "disappear". It is true that I couldn't taste the spinach, but I had lots of green floaties and I had to kind of chew.

So what is the secret of getting the spinach to liquify?
I use my big cuisinart blender, throw in my spinach, sweetener/cinnamon, and 2 cups cold liquid (I use coffee, but water or herbal tea would work), then I blend on high for 2+ minutes, then I add in my IP (be it rtd or drink/pudding mix) and blend for 20 seconds. I pour it over ice, but you could also add in ice during blend for smoothie/slushy consistency. I don't have a magic bullet, but I think preblending the spinach with extra liquid is the key.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
That's what happened to me too GrandmaKiss!! I was totally put off by the color and texture!! After a few sips the whole thing got chucked down the drain! LOL! Just not my deal, others love them!!
Lol, I do drink it in a covered insulated mug because coffee, chocolate, and spinach - while delicious - isn't the most appetizing color!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEJEWEL View Post
Congratulations Lizzrr
I have to ask you...so it says you joined March 2012, is that when you started the program too, or just when you joined 3fatchicks?...
I officially started IP on Feb 28, 2012. I didn't find 3fc until ~2 weeks on the program, which was perfect timing because I sooooo needed the recipes and meal ideas after 'powering through'. I love this forum, I think the people, support, ideas, advice, and 'brainstorming' through strategies are invaluable. Honestly, I don't think I would have made it this far without everyone here so THANK YOU IPEEPS! 64lb in 4.5 months!

Last edited by LizRR; 07-15-2012 at 09:17 AM.
Old 07-15-2012, 09:19 AM   #79  
Began IP 6/27/12

S/C/G: 219/189/175

Height: 5'10"

What awesome, inspiring posts this morning! You guys get me in a good mood every morning! We are off to go camping until Wednesday. I believe I am bringing enough food for the entire campground. My mom is coming along and she is also OP so we will be there for each other. Wish me luck! I WI in Wednesday morning when we return. Whew! It will be a test, but I'm pretty sure I will be just fine. Have a great day!
Old 07-15-2012, 09:26 AM   #80  
Joined IP 6-26-12

Height: 4' 10"

Good morning. Will have a major test today. Going to a baby shower. Having IP drink this morning and bringing a bar with me. Determined to follow program 100%. Wish me luck.
Old 07-15-2012, 09:41 AM   #81  

S/C/G: 198/154/139

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missdee18 View Post
Good morning. Will have a major test today. Going to a baby shower. Having IP drink this morning and bringing a bar with me. Determined to follow program 100%. Wish me luck.

You can do it! A baby shower won't last forever and eating off plan at it would be such a waste of your effort and not good for you either. When I go places, I refuse to,do harm to myself with the foods there. I always try to think kindly of my sleeping pancreas and my body happily functioning in ketosis. No little party can get in the way of the great things going on!! You can do this and be proud of your resolve!! Go celebrate the new baby though!!
Old 07-15-2012, 09:53 AM   #82  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
Hey vet. What's your fav Quest bar flavor? I like the peanut butter Pure Protein bars and I knew you liked those as well. What should I try for Quest? I have to order them online. Thanks!!!
Well all I've tried are peanut butter and jelly and the peanut butter supreme. They are both great. I might order the combo pack next time to try. They're more than the pure Protien bars but worth it. I still have 3 or 4 boxes of the pure protein bars so I'm not in a big rush to order.

Liz congratulations on Goal and size two, that is Tiny, awesome work.

Stef thanks for the double batch tip. Having some pre made will be nice. I cav some small Tupperware type containers I will use.
Old 07-15-2012, 09:54 AM   #83  
Began IP 3-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missdee18 View Post
Bring extra packets with you.

Foxy good luck, you can do it!
Old 07-15-2012, 10:04 AM   #84  

S/C/G: 194.4/188.3/134

Height: 5'1"

Stefany: Thank you for the remarks. I know I use the salt and oil, but I have not been measuring, maybe I need to start doing that.

Molly:I am sorry that you have felt this way too, but not, if you know what I mean. That helps me know that I can changes something so I dont keep feeling this way. I usually take a lot of supplements (Calcium, Mag, glucosimine, vit c and fish oil) when I am training for a marathon, but I haven't been doing that so I stopped. i will take the ecodrink and my other supplements and see if that helps. I definitely felt better last night after my first vitamin drink.

LizRRWOW that is incredible success, I am going to write down your schedule and see how best i can imitate it. And I agree these boards can make all the difference!

I have 4 friends who are starting IP tomorrow. I have put these boards as a must have on their list of what they need to succeed. I have to say I am just finishing week 4, and had been doing fine without digging deeper into food options and the lables research etc, but I have definitely hit that point. So off to read me some lables and get some ideas. I defiinitely want to make the rhubarb fries!
Happy Sunday!
Old 07-15-2012, 10:24 AM   #85  

S/C/G: 145/124.8/120

Height: 5'2.5"

I'm only caught up to page 4. Went shopping with my mom yesterday, and when I got home there was a party in my backyard. It was fun, just unexpected. Made a big salad and put some meat on the grill for dinner. Stayed up too late.

Now I am off to play golf.

I made "ice cream" last night. It was good!

Stefany, your new pictures are fabulous!
Old 07-15-2012, 10:25 AM   #86  

S/C/G: 219.2/188.6/170

Height: 5'10"

WI #6 today - another 3.2 lost, which after last week of nothing lost, is great for me. I'm almost half way, and I'm in the 100's!!! WOO HOO!!!

I made kale chips last night - LOVED them!!! I finally bought a pump sprayer thing for my oil yesterday. I think that will be my new best friend! I have to go buy more veggies today. That's been the hardest thing for me, is getting all my veggies in daily.

Hope everyone's having a good weekend. And staying cool....it's really hot here in Wisconsin, not sure how the rest of the country is.
Old 07-15-2012, 10:29 AM   #87  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Good morning,

Overcast in upstate NY, hope it rains, we desparately need it!

Kayaked yesterday on Keuka Lake, beautiful lake and the weather was perfect!

Weigh - In this morning and down 2.8 lbs.

Congrats to making goal to LisRR!
Keep up the good work peeps~
Old 07-15-2012, 10:29 AM   #88  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandmaKiss View Post
Need advice.

I see a lot of you throwing a handful of spinach into your shakes and saying you can't taste it but the fiber is more filling. It took me 6 weeks, but I finally decided to try it.

I use a magic bullet for my shakes and it works great. But when addint the spinach I couldn't get the spinach to "disappear". It is true that I couldn't taste the spinach, but I had lots of green floaties and I had to kind of chew.

So what is the secret of getting the spinach to liquify?
I wanted to also comment on your spinach dilemma. I have discovered that not all blenders are created equal. Some puree a lot better than others. I have a Ninja pulse blender (not the "fancy" Ninja models others talk about on here) and then a 50 year old Waring blender than was my mom's. The Ninja does about what you describe, so if I'm adding spinach, I use the Waring to liquify the water and spinach (use the procedure LizRR talked about). But then, since the Ninja does a better job with the ice, I pour the "spinach water" into the Ninja and finish off my shake. I have an Oster blender up at our cottage and it does the puree thing much better with both the spinach and ice than either of the appliances at home.

One last thing, not all spinach is created equal. There is spinach and then baby spinach. The baby spinach seems to puree better. Also, I've seen where some other posters have recommended removing the stems. I don't, but occasionally notice "spinach shreds."

Hope this helps as this is such a great way to get in veggies.

Molly
Old 07-15-2012, 11:29 AM   #89  
Began IP 3-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by julied31 View Post
WI #6 today - another 3.2 lost, which after last week of nothing lost, is great for me. I'm almost half way, and I'm in the 100's!!! WOO HOO!!!

I made kale chips last night - LOVED them!!! I finally bought a pump sprayer thing for my oil yesterday. I think that will be my new best friend! I have to go buy more veggies today. That's been the hardest thing for me, is getting all my veggies in daily.

Hope everyone's having a good weekend. And staying cool....it's really hot here in Wisconsin, not sure how the rest of the country is.
Onderland. Sweet!
Old 07-15-2012, 11:46 AM   #90  
Began IP 3-29-2012

So i have the: Hamilton Beach Half Pint Soft Serve Ice Cream Maker
by*Hamilton Beach in my cart on Amazon but I wanted to ask if any of you have used one first.

I like that it is small and only takes ten min.
Closed Thread