Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2012, 06:23 PM   #46  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanibelover View Post
Hey IPeeps! Anyone have a recommendation for a scale? I have been looking at the Omron HBF-514C Full Body Composition Sensing Monitor and Scale. Anyone have any experience with this one? Or another one that you really like (or really don't like)?

Thanks for your input!!
I believe that's the one that Chloe got. I haven't seen her on her today, yet. She loves it. You can get more info from her. I've heard some others hve purchased the Omron on her recommendation. I had already purchased a Taylor and I like it, too. The two scales measure some different things. You might PM Chloe about hers.

Molly
Old 07-14-2012, 06:27 PM   #47  
lcmd09

S/C/G: 223/172/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Hi!

Just wanted to say hi everyone! Just started IP, on day #3. Cravings finally getting better! Lining up all the various-sized clothes in my closet to remind me of NSVs awaiting me!
Old 07-14-2012, 06:33 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 195/141.6/145

Height: 5' 9"

Talking Week #12 WI Results

I had my WI this morning and I am down another 3.2 pounds and 2 inches! (two weeks worth of loss)

I start Phase 2 today!!!!

I am pretty apprehensive about starting Phase 3 soon, it just seems so complicated!

My coach is concerned because I lost 3 pounds of muscle and my body fat percentage went up... Im not sure if that is because of the extra bars or battling with the sea sickness on the boat. They want me to be at 31% or less and as of today I am at 32.5%. I think if I go much farther with my weight loss I am going to look too bony. Some of the fat percentage is just going to have to come off with excersice. I was a little bummed that I had to bring up going to Phase 2 and that she didnt even congratulate me for getting to goal.... oh well.
Old 07-14-2012, 07:06 PM   #49  
Feb 2012

S/C/G: 300/248/145

Stephany, Congratulations on reaching your goal. That is awesome. I am 1/3 of the way to my goal. I guess it will take almost another year.
If you have mastered phase 1 and met your goal you will be able to master phases 2,3 and 4. Hang in and keep on keepin on.
Old 07-14-2012, 07:13 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 185/171/145

Stefany1769 - Congratulations on meeting your weight goal. As atthebeach has said, if you can meet your phase1 goal, you can meet your others!!! We all know you can do it
Old 07-14-2012, 07:14 PM   #51  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanibelover View Post
Hey IPeeps! Anyone have a recommendation for a scale? I have been looking at the Omron HBF-514C Full Body Composition Sensing Monitor and Scale. Anyone have any experience with this one? Or another one that you really like (or really don't like)?

Thanks for your input!!
I've got the Omron HBF-514. Not sure what extra benefits the HBF-514C has.... ? I know I love mine. I got it really early when I first started the protocol, so I have all my measurements recorded from then. I recall Chloe222 getting an Omron shortly after I got mine, and I know she's said she's happy with hers too. I'm not sure whether hers is the HBF-514 or HBF-514C model.

It's great being able to measure all those 'extra things'. I find it very motivating.
Old 07-14-2012, 07:15 PM   #52  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefany1769 View Post
I had my WI this morning and I am down another 3.2 pounds and 2 inches! (two weeks worth of loss)

I am pretty apprehensive about starting Phase 3 soon, it just seems so complicated!

My coach is concerned because I lost 3 pounds of muscle and my body fat percentage went up... Im not sure if that is because of the extra bars or battling with the sea sickness on the boat. They want me to be at 31% or less and as of today I am at 32.5%. I think if I go much farther with my weight loss I am going to look too bony. Some of the fat percentage is just going to have to come off with excersice. I was a little bummed that I had to bring up going to Phase 2 and that she didnt even congratulate me for getting to goal.... oh well.
Congrats Stephany!
Old 07-14-2012, 07:30 PM   #53  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by efwilli View Post
Had my 4th WI today. I'm down a total of 13.8 pounds! I was hoping for more in the first month but I'm very happy and continuing to move forward. My goal for next WI is to be in the 140s. Its been so long since ive seen those numbers on the scale. Hope everyone is having a great weekend so far!
Tha is an excellent amount, it is just in the range of 3-5 a week. Everyone is different and some of us are starting at substantially different weights with large differences in what we each need/want to loose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Yahoo, vet. I see that you are really close to half way. That is so exciting. I'm rooting for you.

I had an interesting morning. I have a friend I only see about once a month. She is currently larger than I was when I started. She is diabetic and I'm trying to show her where the alternate phase 1 plan could work for her. She's convinced she could never diet.

Anyway, we picked up a good friend of hers from Florida who will be staying with her for a month. This lady is even larger than my friend. She is disabled and very verbally abused by her husband. Plus, he doesn't let her out of the house nor let her have any supplements nor decent meals (he does all of the cooking). She is suffering nutritionally and is very emotionally dependent on food (a lot of us know all about that).

The point I'm trying to make is, I guess since I've been on the program now for 6 months and have dealt with my own emotional dependence on food, it stuck out like a sore thumb seeing that behavior in others. It was so sad to see that the only time she smiled was when she was eating something and of course, it was carb, calorie, and fat laden. My friend has been collecting up extra supplements for her and hopes to get her outside to get some vitamin D. I realize now how sad it is to see food dependence, but it's harder in to see it in people who are in a situation emotionally they can't do much with.

Anyway, I just had to talk about this. It has really hit me hard, but has helped reinforce what I'm doing and why.

Have a great weekend. Stay OP. Don't be tempted. Come her to the forum for reinforcement.

Molly
Thanks Molly.

I feel like if I can do it anyone can. I'm doing the alternate phase one plan. I started at 470 and God knows I probably had higher weights. It was just a switch in my head when I saw a friend who had success, I went to the meeting and I jumped in head first. But if I had a negative attitude it never would have worked. You know the old saying, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink.

Sorry about your friend with the ******* husband!

[QUOTE=Stefany1769;4405121]Im reposting this from last nights thread.

Usmcvet thank you! I know what you mean about getting comfy... I think that's part of my problem too. Plus I have have had a LOT of increased activities in my schedule lately. I have no time for me at all! I'm glad you have identified what you were doing... You are doing

Quote:
Great loss!!!

You are such an awesome LOSER!!!!

LOL I so know what you mean here

Oh yes definitely worth spending the money for an ice cream maker!!

Since you have posted about the quest bars a few times I have checked them out and I will be ordering soon and using them while in maintenanc. Thanks!! I am sorry you had a rough time at your WI

WOWWWW!!! That is an awesome loss, way to go!!!

I can really relate to you here, I just posted yesterday about having a problem eating to many bars. There were a lot of really helpful suggestions, check out the IP daily chat Friday.

You are doing great!! Good job!!

Great loss!!!!

Molly It is sad that we see people like this, and it does hurt to see people suffer. They are lucky to have a friend like you around. It is great that it has helped you to re-afirm (sp) what you have been and are doing right now though.

WOOOHOOO!!!
Quote:

Goal Baby Freaking Goal. The quest bars rock. I'm gonna get an ice cream maker thanks for encouraging me. I have this soccer ball looking thing from LL Bean but it's way too much freaking work, cool for camping but electricity rocks!
Old 07-14-2012, 07:43 PM   #54  
Started IP 4/23/12

S/C/G: 232/129/132

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandmaKiss View Post
Special Foods and Beverages even if prescribed by a doctor and Weight loss programs have been declared by the IRS as non-deductible. You better check with a tax expert before using your HSA for these products or you could face an audit. For your safety do NOT believe what your health professional/coach tells you they know all about weight but nothing about taxes. If you think **** hath no fury like a woman scorned, wait until Uncle Sam gets you in his sights.
Thanks GrandmaKiss for the info. I work in a tax office during the season and didn't think I could use my HSA for the food. I hadn't looked into it but I'll follow your advice. I'm going to save my insurance some money though by getting thinner!!
Old 07-14-2012, 07:44 PM   #55  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 268.6/174.0/160

Quote:

Stefany,
Nobody should EVER have to leave the clinic with having reached GOAL and not being CONGRADULATED for all your HARD WORK and COMMITTMENT to the progam!! Wish I could give you a ticker tape parade but here are some instead! You will find your way in the rest of the phases so don't worry about that. You will do great!!
Old 07-14-2012, 07:45 PM   #56  
Started IP 4/13/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyjean View Post
Hi all, its been a busy weekend. One of my DD's & family moved in with us today. They are selling their condo and expecting to leave in a month for a job in England. We will sooo visit them! I spent the morning cleaning all the kitchen cabinets. Its good to get something accomplished.
Anyway, lots to do today, but I started with a WI, and lost 5 pounds over 2 weeks. (Last week I was in Atlanta for a family wedding.)
I was pretty happy about that!! only 2 more pounds and I will be halfway to my goal. SWEET!
Nice weight loss over the past two weeks while attending a wedding no less! Now you're looking at that halfway point and maybe more for this week. Just imagine how smokin' you will be when you visit your family in England!
Old 07-14-2012, 07:45 PM   #57  
Started IP 4/23/12

S/C/G: 232/129/132

Height: 5'3"

I want to replace my 25+ year old scale too. So I think I'll check out the Ormons!
Old 07-14-2012, 07:48 PM   #58  
IP Start: 6/30/12

S/C/G: 244/.../145

Height: 5'2"

I have a quick question for the women of IP: I read somewhere that the pill becomes inactive on IP, but what about the depo shot? Does that still work?
Old 07-14-2012, 07:51 PM   #59  
Started IP 4/13/2012

Quote:

Congratulations on reaching goal, Stefany! What a great accomplishment. All your hard work has paid off. Good luck on your entry into Phase 2 and then 3. You've got this, you'll do great!
Old 07-14-2012, 08:09 PM   #60  
Started IP 3/12/12

S/C/G: 248.25/see ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:

Well, we will on here! Congratulations and great job!!!!!
Closed Thread