3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Saturday & Sunday July 14 & 15 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/262837-ip-daily-chat-saturday-sunday-july-14-15-a.html)

GGee 07-15-2012 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulimapi (Post 4406147)
Ugh no. So I kinda cheated. It wasn't like a carb binge or anything but I definitely ate more than I should have this weekend. I had cheese, a lot of egg whites, some butter and the worst is a pretty big amount of almonds. For some reason I thought they were a lot lower in carbs but now I realize today was terrible. The old me just got out there for a moment and I could not stop eating, like literally, I couldn't, I probably had over a cup of shaved almonds of more, which is like 30 carbs :( AND I had a 4th packet. I barely had any meat though, just a few pieces of fish and I didn't have veggies at all today. What a mess. I think I'm still under 100g of carbs today, at least, which I think might not make me gain, or at least not much.

I'm not going to weigh in tomorrow because I know it'll only make things worse since it'll kill me if I gained. I'll wait until next Monday and this week I'm being completely 100% OP, no excuses. I need to be at 118 by next Monday and if I'm strict enough I can do it.

Please don't judge me, I know I shouldn't have done this and it's killing me. But I need to move forward and keep a positive attitude or I won't lose the rest of this weight.

:stress:

At least I restrained myself since usually when I cheat on a diet, I end up saying, "ugh whatever I'll just ruin the rest of the day and start fresh tomorrow" and this time while I did eat badly, I could be eating the rest of what's in the kitchen right now, as it usually would be. I'd be eating bread, cookies, pasta, etc and I'm not even considering it. The idea is scary to me.

It is very difficult to stay on a diet. We are human and we all make mistakes. It is good that you didn't go "sugar crazy" and eat lots of junk. Just take it day by day. I have my TOM, out of sequence, and I am all hormonal. I went to the movies yesterday with the kids and didn't cheat and eat ANY popcorn. BUT today my daughter made kettle corn and I CHEATED! Popcorn is my kryptonite. It makes me very weak!

SO we must move on, forgive ourselves and start anew. Hopefully we didn't go to far backwards.

paulimapi 07-15-2012 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GGee (Post 4406149)
It is very difficult to stay on a diet. We are human and we all make mistakes. It is good that you didn't go "sugar crazy" and eat lots of junk. Just take it day by day. I have my TOM, out of sequence, and I am all hormonal. I went to the movies yesterday with the kids and didn't cheat and eat ANY popcorn. BUT today my daughter made kettle corn and I CHEATED! Popcorn is my kryptonite. It makes me very weak!

SO we must move on, forgive ourselves and start anew. Hopefully we didn't go to far backwards.

Agh I know. It's been a lot easier than at the beggining but it's still hard. It's good that you didn't have any popcorn at the movies, though!
Yes, we must move on. I think that's the key. When I cheat, I end up ruining everything most of the time, and that's the biggest issue. If we just get back on track right away then we'll be fine. :)

Beck81 07-15-2012 10:51 PM

Quote:

Ugh no. So I kinda cheated. It wasn't like a carb binge or anything but I definitely ate more than I should have this weekend. I had cheese, a lot of egg whites, some butter and the worst is a pretty big amount of almonds. For some reason I thought they were a lot lower in carbs but now I realize today was terrible. The old me just got out there for a moment and I could not stop eating, like literally, I couldn't, I probably had over a cup of shaved almonds of more, which is like 30 carbs :( AND I had a 4th packet. I barely had any meat though, just a few pieces of fish and I didn't have veggies at all today. What a mess. I think I'm still under 100g of carbs today, at least, which I think might not make me gain, or at least not much.

I'm not going to weigh in tomorrow because I know it'll only make things worse since it'll kill me if I gained. I'll wait until next Monday and this week I'm being completely 100% OP, no excuses. I need to be at 118 by next Monday and if I'm strict enough I can do it.

Please don't judge me, I know I shouldn't have done this and it's killing me. But I need to move forward and keep a positive attitude or I won't lose the rest of this weight.

At least I restrained myself since usually when I cheat on a diet, I end up saying, "ugh whatever I'll just ruin the rest of the day and start fresh tomorrow" and this time while I did eat badly, I could be eating the rest of what's in the kitchen right now, as it usually would be. I'd be eating bread, cookies, pasta, etc and I'm not even considering it. The idea is scary to me.

Just forgive yourself Pauli and get back to 100% OP. You have done well and you can do it! :hug::hug:

paulimapi 07-15-2012 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beck81 (Post 4406152)
Just forgive yourself Pauli and get back to 100% OP. You have done well and you can do it! :hug::hug:

Thank you, sweetie. These kind of words can really help a lot :hug:

Beck81 07-15-2012 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by usmcvet (Post 4405663)
So i have the: Hamilton Beach Half Pint Soft Serve Ice Cream Maker
by*Hamilton Beach in my cart on Amazon but I wanted to ask if any of you have used one first.

I like that it is small and only takes ten min.

I seen this ice cream maker at Target today and was close to buying it! It looked like a good size for our packet creations. The reviews are mixed but the ones that like it, really do. I have a scale in my Amazon cart and I'm considering adding this too. Good luck deciding!

Porthardygurl 07-15-2012 11:32 PM

Good Evening all..just checkin in to stay accountable. I notice when i completely stop posting altogether then i end up going off which is why ive been checking in every day. Its been busy out here...lots of nice sunny weather which is not normal for us ..so im enjoying every minute i can outside at the beach!!

Just wanted to stop by and say hello!

Blueskywyoming 07-15-2012 11:43 PM

Have my WI#3 tomorrow. Can hardly wait. I found that I do better by only getting on the scales one time per week. My husband says that my outllook on life has really changed since I started to lose weight. Feel empowered. Have a great week!

mooselover 07-15-2012 11:49 PM

Stephany.
Congratulations!!! Sorry about the coach. Wish you had Julie.

mightbe 07-16-2012 01:11 AM

My neighbor brought me a couple of eggplant fresh from her greenhouse. The only way I have ever had eggplant is breaded and fried....not gonna happen! I need ideas for how to make these yummy, please! :chef:

Halfagain 07-16-2012 03:28 AM

Bob's burgers and Brew - on plan!

Pssh... forgot to mention we went out and ate - and I found some great alternatives.. used Salsa instead of dressing, yada yada... I think i'm getting this plan down, or at least finding good work arounds in a pinch :) the fog is lifting, finally.

We went shopping at the super Walmart today. I stocked up on veggies, and looked for WF products (which were sparse - but there). I got turnips and kale amongst other items. I found raw turnips last week were a bit bitter, but cooked in with other veggies were delightful.

I tried making kale chips tonight - and I ate quite a few testing - just to be sure what I thought of them. Since I ate so many "testing" it must be a thumbs up - but I had to laugh because it reminded me of how farmers sometimes put molasses and salt on hay to inspire cattle to eat it. I put a little olive oil and salt on mine. lol sorry for that story - but it is what came to mind.. I do recommend you try kale chips if you haven't. DH gave them a big thumbs down, but hay..err, hey what does he know? (more for me bwahahaha)

I got a few stalks of ruhbarb and i have ny cheesecake pudding packets maybe I can do something with that combo next week.

Ordered the WF mayo I kept searching for - and some other items. At last I can stop looking now, they are ordered.

Barb

Stefany1769 07-16-2012 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foxxybrown (Post 4405465)
Good morning everyone!! I know it has bee a while since i have been on here, but I have been pretty busy. I'm unfortunately no longer doing IP, but doing a low carb option for myself. Why? Because I began getting very bad headaches from the sucralose and had to stop the packets. Then I did the research on the effects, and decided it was best for me to stop all artificial sweeteners except from Stevia. I have been steadily losing, and at least this way I can have more real foods and still lose and be in ketosis. I use the myfitness pal to make sure my carbs are low and protein is adequate. I also have begun instructing exercise classes, so I have a high carb day on those days. I have still been losing even with the high carb days and feeling even better off the packets!

I'm doing very well. I'm beginning my own Health Coaching Business as well and I'm .5 pounds from One-derland!!! My mother just came in last night and she continued to call me skinny and wants to hire me to coach her!! I tried on my prom dress for her and she was shocked at how big it was on me! This has truly been a happy time for me. I just wanted to know, since I'm not doing the packets and doing more low carb options, can I still post and chat with you guys? Hoping everyone has a lovely day! :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

Its a bummer that you had to stop using IP, but Im really happy that you didnt let it break your stride!! Way to stick with it :hug:

Quote:

Originally Posted by locopollo (Post 4405569)
I'm only caught up to page 4. :o Went shopping with my mom yesterday, and when I got home there was a party in my backyard. It was fun, just unexpected. Made a big salad and put some meat on the grill for dinner. Stayed up too late.

Now I am off to play golf. :D

I made "ice cream" last night. It was good!

Stefany, your new pictures are fabulous!:carrot:

The ice cream is good!!! :D
Thank you so much!! We went out for dinner and a show and had a lot of fun

Quote:

Originally Posted by julied31 (Post 4405571)
WI #6 today - another 3.2 lost, which after last week of nothing lost, is great for me. I'm almost half way, and I'm in the 100's!!! WOO HOO!!!

I made kale chips last night - LOVED them!!! I finally bought a pump sprayer thing for my oil yesterday. I think that will be my new best friend! I have to go buy more veggies today. That's been the hardest thing for me, is getting all my veggies in daily.

Hope everyone's having a good weekend. And staying cool....it's really hot here in Wisconsin, not sure how the rest of the country is.

WOOO HOOO You are such a loser!! ;)
I love my misto too, I bought a second one so one has EVOO and the other has grape seed oil in it. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bellamack (Post 4405573)
Good morning,

Overcast in upstate NY, hope it rains, we desparately need it!

Kayaked yesterday on Keuka Lake, beautiful lake and the weather was perfect!

Weigh - In this morning and down 2.8 lbs. :)

Congrats to making goal to LisRR!
Keep up the good work peeps~

great WI!!! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by usmcvet (Post 4405663)
So i have the: Hamilton Beach Half Pint Soft Serve Ice Cream Maker
by*Hamilton Beach in my cart on Amazon but I wanted to ask if any of you have used one first.
I like that it is small and only takes ten min.

I have a quisinart and I love mine! Maybe check out that brand too. :)

Quote:

Just get right back on the horse and keep going :hug:

Quote:

Originally Posted by mooselover (Post 4406188)
Stephany.
Congratulations!!! Sorry about the coach. Wish you had Julie.

Thank you!!! Me too, she emailed me about my gaining body fat percentage which was good because I didnt understand that.