3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   after dinner nap (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/262826-after-dinner-nap.html)

pitakitten 07-14-2012 12:32 AM

after dinner nap

so for the second night in a row I experienced uncontrollable urge to sleep. Right after dinner, I could NOT keep my eyes open. Slept for a full hour or so. Does this happen to anyone else? I did IP 2 years ago for 6 months and never experienced this, so not sure if its from the diet OR what.

BRfirefly 07-14-2012 12:39 AM

Pitakitten, I love that you made your goal, gained a few ponds a year later and are back to be at your goal again. That's my plan too! Once I reach my goal if I find myself 10#s past my goal I'm back on IP! :-) Way to stay focused!

As for feeling sleepy - I felt the same way tonight right after dinner. *shrugs* I'm not sure why.

Meagan240 07-14-2012 12:43 AM

I feel tired ALL THE TIME! I don't know why, either. :/

greeniris 07-14-2012 01:00 AM

The same thing is happening to me. If I sit down shortly after dinner, I usually fall asleep. Tonight I slept for 2 hours!

pitakitten 07-14-2012 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRfirefly (Post 4404570)
Pitakitten, I love that you made your goal, gained a few ponds a year later and are back to be at your goal again. That's my plan too! Once I reach my goal if I find myself 10#s past my goal I'm back on IP! :-) Way to stay focused!

As for feeling sleepy - I felt the same way tonight right after dinner. *shrugs* I'm not sure why.

Thank you! I kept it off for nearly 2 years and gained 10 just in a few months as soon as I stopped working out. I think I can do it again, giving it a month to come off because I was always a very slow looser :). Thanks though, the encouragement gives me faith.

Re falling sleep after dinner, am thinking maybe it's because all the blood flow goes to digest the food and we just feel tired. Funny first time around I would just feel very cold after dinner. Today I was worried maybe I had too many veggie carbs so I got the carb tiredness but my calculator says otherwise.

BRfirefly 07-14-2012 03:34 AM

You kept it off for 2 years (with regular exercise - impressive) and are so devoted when you did notice a slight gain you got back in the game. You're my hero! :bravo:

And you have some very good ideas regarding the sleepiness.

Welcome back. :)

Momto2cs 07-14-2012 10:53 AM

Ever since I started ip in 2011 I have found I need more sleep.
Otherwise I have energy to exercise 1-2 hours most days.
But I sleep 8-10 hours most nights. Without that I think I would need a nap too.

Bellamack 07-14-2012 11:00 AM

When I did IP before, I was one who never got that burst of energy that others spoke of. I was tired the whole 5 months, I told my coach and of course, supposedly I was the only one who didn't have boundless energy. I felt much more energy once I moved on to phase 3. I think I needed some fruit and yogurt. I am 1 week in tomorrow for round 2 and I have been tired all week, but it has been very hot outside too.

Meagan240 07-14-2012 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bellamack (Post 4404789)
When I did IP before, I was one who never got that burst of energy that others spoke of. I was tired the whole 5 months, I told my coach and of course, supposedly I was the only one who didn't have boundless energy. I felt much more energy once I moved on to phase 3. I think I needed some fruit and yogurt. I am 1 week in tomorrow for round 2 and I have been tired all week, but it has been very hot outside too.

I understand that, I have yet to discover that burst of energy. I was really looking forward to it, too!

Bellamack 07-14-2012 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meagan240 (Post 4404794)
I understand that, I have yet to discover that burst of energy. I was really looking forward to it, too!

Well don't be discouraged if you don't and don't let your coach try to convince you that you are the only one! lol. I take thyroid meds and had my doctor check that and it came back fine, so I think some people have less energy on program, but I was very psyched for the "burst". Good luck to you, I like your avatar!

Ramjet254 07-14-2012 02:39 PM

Ha! I have chronic fatigue syndrome and my " burst of energy" is being able to do laundry and dishes in a single day. :dizzy: I can feel myself getting better every day, though, and I love IP!

Lynnie63 07-14-2012 03:53 PM

No burst of energy here, I often fall asleep after dinner, did before IP oo.

Last week I had a couple of days at the beginning of TOM where I was completely exhausted and could have fallen asleep at the drop of a hat. That was my first TOM on IP (and first since September). Does that happen to anyone else?